[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All the Uncharted shit posting made me try this. I own the HD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: uncharted-3-wallpaper-1-hd[1].jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
uncharted-3-wallpaper-1-hd[1].jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
All the Uncharted shit posting made me try this. I own the HD collection for the PS4.

How do people like this series? This isn't a case of "you are exaggerating." This game is like a shitty movie. The Last of Us is always meme'd into being a movie and it was actually a decent game, so I figured this might have the same thing going for it but nope, it's a shitty movie.

It's 90% forced cutscenes and "hey you need to do boring platforming for the next 5 minutes to get anywhere even though there is essentially no way to fail these sections."

How the fuck do people enjoy this?
>>
>>338126320
They're mostly tech demos with great set pieces and good characters
The first one is pretty bad though
>>
>>338126320
I enjoy it for the same reasons I enjoy B grade movies.
>>
>>338126902
The shitty gameplay?
>>
>>338126953
yeah he watches B movies for the shitty gameplay

makes perfect sense
>>
>>338126320
Everyone have their taste. If you don't like it and can't get into it, there's nothing much the series can do for you.

Otherwise, I love the series and bought the HD Collection a little after it came out, played that, the multiplayer beta for UC4 and pre-ordered UC4 and just finished playing it. I personally like it and believe that UC4 ends a good way both for the game and the series, to give closure, but I can understand why people might not like the game including what you said about the series being more of a movie and less of a game and the "boring" platforming. Even thinking about that, I go back to enjoying the series and having my reasons continuing playing it.
>>
File: 1462778800900.webm (3 MB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
1462778800900.webm
3 MB, 940x529
>>338126320
normies and casuals with no taste
>>
File: 1412669191650.jpg (37 KB, 428x320) Image search: [Google]
1412669191650.jpg
37 KB, 428x320
>>338128296
Yikes. This is what happens when you let the left behind jew last of us fuckers direct a boss fight. Looks like a boss fight from that read at dawn game. YOU KNOW THE ONE.
>>
>>338126320
I've tried playing 2 at least 3 times now, just to see what the big deal is.
I've never been able to get past the first hour. I've just had enough of it by then.
>>
>>338128296
how can he slide like that? its really unrealistic
>>
>>338128296
Screw this fight on crushing
>>
2 is by far the best, but I agree it's a struggle to play them sometimes. They do feel like a fun adventure movie, but the constant stop start of the gameplay rubs me the wrong way. It gets tedious. It's still miles better than the new Tomb Raider games though. They do literally nothing right. I can't believe anyone likes those.
>>
>>338129047
i used the slow motion bonus modifier
>>
>>338126320
Did you start with the 3rd game or is that just the image you chose
regardless, I play them because it feels like I'm watching an Indiana Jones movie that isn't shit, which is more than I can say for the future of Indiana Jones
>>
>>338128841
they slow his attack animations down a lot when you put it on easiest-difficulty
>>
>>338128674
it starts getting fun in the jungle part, then it gets awesome once you get to the city and stays that way for the rest of the game. Best parts are probably the city, the train and the convoy
>>
>>338126320
they love the spectacle and overwhelmingly generic characters/storylines. it's "safe" and comfortable.
>>
File: uncharted 3 boat level.png (245 KB, 640x348) Image search: [Google]
uncharted 3 boat level.png
245 KB, 640x348
>>338126320
It's not big dumb loud bullshit. It's a true adventure in video game form with top notch A-class medium-pushing presentation and delivery. Everything is meticulously designed and directed in a way that naturally pushes the player along but allows for full freedom and control. It puts you in full control of some of the greatest action moments in gaming set to a brisk pace and clear atteention to detail and thought put into the delivery and execution of the plots from the way exposition is naturally presented, clear meaningful motivations, tonally consistent blend of humor, drama, and action, grounded acting and dialogue, substantial growth of characters. And to tie back to the gameplay, the beauty of the Uncharted series is its accessibility, diversity,and refinement of control from how snappy and responsive the cover is, how beautiful the animations are, all the different forms of attack at your disposal to mix up the gameplay next to the naturally evolving complexity of level design (seriously, later levels in Uncharted are INSANE in how expansive and vertical they are while blending in with the environments and having contextual reasons for layout and being entirely diverse and interesting like the entire boat level).

And the great part about 4 is that Naughty Dog have improved far beyond not only their competition but themselves internally. They've utilized the new hardware and applied what they learned from The Last of Us, to craft truly open-ended levels this time wherein you can miss entire parts of maps, and characters react realistically to whichever direction or action you choose. This part in the E3 demo isn't scripted. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB0xy74Zrj8 You can go wherever you want here. There are no invisible walls.
>>
>>338126320
>So I popped in Gran Turismo 3, and fucking god, how can people like these games? You're just driving around a fucking ring over and over and over again. IT'S RPETITIVE AS FUUUUUUCK
To hate Uncharted, is to hate third personshooters or shooters in general.

And you, my shitposting friend, do not like shooters.

Also
>90 percent cutscenes

Yeah, you didn't play them.

The entirety of the Uncharted series has less total cutscenes than mgs 3 and mgs 2 alone.
>>
>>338128296
>that slip and slide action

After 4 games they still can't make decent animations.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.