[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this Dark Souls for kids?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 10
Is this Dark Souls for kids?
>>
only the sephiroth boss fight
>>
>>338126179
The entire game is, yeah
>>
dark souls is kingdom hearts for millennials.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 256x330
Is this the kingdom hearts for adults?
>>
>>338126179
Kh1 on proud level 1 is harder than anything in the souls franchise as a whole, If you actually play kh2fm on Critical mode alone you will die a couple hundred times, I guarantee you.
>>
>>338126179
Dark Souls is KH for kids.
>>
>>338126940
To add the souls franchise will never in its life have a fight better/harder than Terra in KH2FM just facts.
>>
>>338126229
Honestly? Yeah. Like in Dark Souls, you can take the actual fight seriously and it'll be difficult, but it just means you have to git gud.
Or you can cheese the fuck out of the fight for teh win.
>>
>>338126179
If they do a no exp run I'd say so.
>>
>>338126229
>Literally an invisible HP bar so you can't even tell if you're doing something right by attacking him unless you looked on the internet

This is artificial difficulty
>>
KH 2 Final Mix on Critical is better than most Souls games.
>>
>>338127441

Holy shit you suck dick.

I beat that motherfucker as a kid, and proceeded to use him as a XP bucket.
>>
KH2FM on critical is harder than any souls, I say this as someone who played through DeS 9 times, DaS 8 times, DaS2 twice, BB 6 times, and DaS3 beat a week ago

>>338127496
ya this
>>
>>338127496
>Most
All
>>
>>338126179
Pretty much.
>>
I didn't think this at the time, but in hindsigt, KH2FM is probably the best ARPG of it's generation.

People laughed it's battle system, but current gen, most RPGs use a variation of that system.

GG Nomura, you hid a dope AF game, behind weebshit and Disney.
>>
>>338127441
Not really. It's more a psych out than artificial difficulty. When you attack an invulnerable enemy, you get this one effect that shows you didn't do shit. But you don't get that with Sephiroth. You just hit him but it doesn't look like he's taken damage. It trips you up and makes him look more formidable. But once you land a solid combo on him, you'll start seeing the results.

Or you can just lock-on, and spam Strike Raid until he's dead, letting yourself get hit so you can get more MP.
>>
>>338127692

>>338127617
here, I like BB more than KH2fm but 2FM is definitely better than the souls
>>
>>338127617
>it's definetly harder than those games that I played for 1500+ hours
>>
>>338128025

You don't lose Souls, or 10 mins of travel time every time you die in KH.
>>
>>338127964
I'm pretty sure no one laughed at its battle system, it was the mess of a fucking story that needed multiple future games to explain that was (and is) laughed at

>>338128025
even first time runs, what I hold is true. Seriously, dark souls 3 was so fucking easy I died at most 5 times to a boss. The hidden "superboss" in das3 took me 3 attempts. Not sure how they made it easier than das2, I don't think they scaled the game well considering the rise in speed like they did with BB
>>
>>338127964
THIS IS THE FUCKING TRUTH.

https://youtu.be/dph8_H-V9EQ?t=9397
>>
>>338128169

Obviously, people who like the game, love the battles.

When they added a beginner mode in KH2(Since KH1 is pretty challenging), idiots beat it spamming X through the entire game, making them think it was a battle system for children.

Proud mode on KH1 was fun too.
>>
>>338128117
You lose hours of accomplishing nothing in kh2fm when trying a boss, I literally estocced/Saw cleavered every boss down in the souls franchise
>>
KH2 at least is more like a more colorful and cartoony hybrid of musou and DMC.
>>
I think a lot of the superbosses in kh are harder than most bosses in dark souls.
I mean young xehanort in bbs is almost impossible without cheesing it.
>>
>>338128117
You would lose time in the original ps2 versions of 1 and 2. You got kicked back to your last save point and you had to rewatch any cutscenes again before the fight you died in. And you couldnt skip cutscenes.
>>
>>338128602
There is nothing you can't skip in 2.
>>
>>338128602

This is only the case of KH1.

in KH2, you spawn in the previous room you died from, and you can skip cutscenes in 2.(KH1 HD you can skip cutscenes too)
>>
>>338128169
You sound like those faggots with 350 hours on DaS and 250 hours on DaS II deep into PvP that come to say DaS III is too easy.

KH2 on Critical is fucking brutal and on a completely different level. But DaS III is far from easy if you're not into Souls games in general.
>>
File: 350px-Lingering_Will_KHIIFM.png (95 KB, 350x333) Image search: [Google]
350px-Lingering_Will_KHIIFM.png
95 KB, 350x333
This motherfucker is a better designed and more fun boss than every single souls boss. Hes also much harder than them too.
>>
There isn't enough respect for Kingdom hearts literally god tier ARPG gameplay hidden behind the colors.

https://youtu.be/t0R5mDgQQK8?t=64
>>
>>338128707
well, consider this

I had a shit ton of hours from DeS, DaS, and DaS2 before playing BB. in BB, I died 11 times to gascoigne my first go (the literal first required boss), 9 times to ebrietas, 8 times to logarius, 25 FUCKING TIMES to ludwig, and 12 times to orphan/laurence (yes, I keep track of my first go deaths in souls). I also died a lot to defiled chalice bosses (didn't count these)

In DaS3 my first go died 6 times to aldrich and 5 times to dragonslayer armor (best fight in the game Tbh). Every other boss was 3 deaths or less.

please keep in mind I don't summon, and I don't use things I consider "cheap" (magic in souls, parry abusing in BB, ect)

Experience doesn't matter if it's a new game.
>>
I'd say it all depends on how adapted you are to the certain style of play. Claiming one series is harder than another is really indicative of how much experience you have with the series or genre in general. I find Demon's Souls for example to be beyond difficult to me in comparison to KH because I'm not used to how it controls or the way I have to go about fighting enemies, a completely different ball game.
>>
>>338128710
When I got there I realized I was severely under leveled and went getting a couple of levels and upgrading my skills. Once you are well prepared he's not that bad. And I'm not talking about grinding, just not getting killed in one combo.
>>
Playing KH2FM on Critical sometimes makes me wish Souls had a difficulty mode selection to make it harder desu. IDK theres just something about souls gameplay that is so shallow that makes it impossible for Fromsoft to make any actual interesting boss fights. To this day I hack and slash literally all of them. Just git gud with rolling
>>
>>338128710
Lingering Will is definitely the best boss of the series and better than 99% of souls bosses.. Too bad we'll never get another boss as good as him again.
>>
File: Untitled.png (522 KB, 1033x519) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
522 KB, 1033x519
KH2FM on critical is the best Action RPG ever
>>
>>338129081
have you tried calamity ring in souls or defiled chalices in BB?
>>
>>338128710
>Who is Artorias
>Implying Terra is harder just cause he one shots you

top zozzle

Virtual Difficulty != Actual Difficulty.
Of course Lingering Wills attacks can all be dodged, but Artorias is much more forgiving in terms of "Not utterly destroying you with a single combo you can't evade after you mess up one move".

Doesn't mean Artorias won't fuck you all over the place though.
>>
>>338129019
Beating him is not at all about grinding. He can be beaten at level 1. Its about learning his moves and how to deal with each one. Which is what makes him such a great boss.
>>
File: 1420772296858.png (322 KB, 1008x792) Image search: [Google]
1420772296858.png
322 KB, 1008x792
>>338128707
>KH2 on Critical is fucking brutal
You're kidding, right? There's only a handful of tough areas in the game at all.
>Beginning where you team up with Squall and I think your only magic is Fire but have to contend with dozens of Nobodies in a closed location.
>Mulan's area, specifically the timed one going up the mountain to the snow village thanks to all the centaur Heartless.
>Timeless River's burning house segment since killing the cars and the flames is kinda tough.
>That part where Hades is chasing you through the Underworld and shooting Firagas at you while you contend with Heartless.
>The one or two Tron areas that have those tower things with the floating "arms" that spin around as they chase you down and pretty much require a Reflect to kill without spending ages waiting for an opening.
>The second and third portions of the Transport to Remembrance just because you're in such a small area with things that one shot you.

The only tough Critical mode is Re:Coded and only if you do it from a fresh game since you don't have the commands to deal with it.
>>
>>338129019
There are people who beat this with level 1 Kingdom key. It can all be skill, which is what makes this game so golden.
>>
>>338129219
Terra wont kill you in one hit either. What the fuck do you think second chance and once more are for?
>>
>>338129219
>Terra one shots him
Nigga, do you even second chance + Once more. Git Gud. He is pretty fair according to the game mechanics.
>>
>>338129246
Those are a lot of pretty tough areas. And there are more than that.

And you left out all the Data Bosses, all of which are tough.

That being said, as long as you abuse Stitch you're generally gonna be OK
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq5pqX3DIHE

This shit was awesome
>>
>>338129196
I got the plat in BB so yes, I know what less hp is like already in those dungeons, its still not as bad as kh2fm level 1 critical mode.
>>
>>338128942
I think we can all agree that Bloodborne changed alot in the Souls formula, so it makes sense that the skills acquired in previous games would be less usefull here. However DaS III is still pretty close to the original Souls formula even though it borrows some things from BB and it's not unreasonable to expect someone who clocked 600+ hours on the series to do realitively good and in turn percieve it as "TOO EASY I ONLY DIED 3 TIMES".
>>
>>338126940
I love both Dark Souls and Kingdom hearts but lets be fucking real for a moment

Proud mode for KH 1 is literally just spam attacks, get hit once and put into critical health, Heal and repeat for every boss fight because as long as you have the ability that restores MP every time you are hurt you are literally immortal
>>
>>338129219
holy shit I am so sick and tired of fucking trash scrubs calling artorias hard. I have never died to artorias on my 7 playthroughs of AotA, all his attacks are EXTREMELY telegraphed and piss easy to dodge. I bet you think nameless king is hard too
>>
>>338129340
>And you left out all the Data Bosses, all of which are tough.
Which are tough on any difficulty, they all do the same damage and take the same damage.

What are the other tough areas I missed? The only thing I can think of is maybe the start as Roxas since you only have 5 or so Potions to contend with and maybe the Cavern of Remembrance IF you go into it as soon as it's unlocked. Everything can generally just be beaten with Magnega spam.
>>
>>338129374

And you have fucking 10 Estus against most bosses in Souls, using only 2-4 beating every boss.
>>
>>338129276
>skill

Hahahahah.
>>
>>338129350
>Playing Proud level 1 doesnt give you scan
>Don't know when the boss will die or where his hp is at
Souls will never be this hard.
>>
>>338129461
Oh shit we have a badass over here!
>>
>>338129490
Nice shitpost, retard.
>>
>>338129370
I think the biggest reason why DaS3 was easy for me is because all the moves of the bosses were telegraphed to hell and back and they had lots of recovery frames. Like, I think they tried to make oceirus a threat but he's a joke fight
>>
>>338129240
>>338129276
And some people beat Resident Evil 1 knife only zero saves no healing in under 1 hour. You can do anything in any game if you take time to develop some skill.
>>
>>338129540
no fuck you, I'm not flexing my muscles. I died a shit ton of times in DaS and I'm tired of people calling artorias hard. Once you learn his incredibly shallow moveset, you realize how telegraphed he is and how open he is after attacks.
>>
>>338129374
True you dont get those abilities till later, though and leaf bracer is broken in KH1. But again you can do the level 1 run. KH can be played casually or hardcore, thats the joy of it. Thats the replayability built into the game
>>
Hey guys I played KH1&2 as a kid on ps2 did I miss anything by not playing the rereleases?
>>
>>338129808
Extra bosses, quality of life improvements, more Keyblades, more cutscenes, higher difficulties, and so on. They're definitely worth the $20 they're for nowadays.
>>
>>338129808

Both Final Mixes have plenty of new bosses, and KH2FM has new areas too.

I'd say they are worth, even more now that they're dirt cheap.
>>
>>338129808
If you played kingdom hearts 2 and it wasn't final mix you missed a shit ton. Get final mix right now and play that shit. Make sure you play it on critical mode too.
>>
>>338126940

KH2FM is only hard in the beginning when you have no skills, Terra and 3 Organization battles.

Once you get past Hollow Bastion, you start unlocking some broken ass abilities/magic/keyblades/summons/etc that trivialize the game.

I only died maybe 9 times in total during my critical mode playthrough.
>>
>>338129808
Yeah a lot of fun in between, I'd recommend getting the two HD collections or emulating. The secret boss exclusive to 1FM is one of my favorite in the series.
>>
Are Kingdom Hearts games actually good if you're an adult male who doesn't enjoy disney?
I never tried them but I have a PS3 and willing to do so.
I'd get 1.5 and 2.5 on PS3, right?
>>
File: sorasmile.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
sorasmile.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
This thread reminded me that I have to get back to my KH2FM lvl 1 playthrough.

Goddamn that shit is frustrating.
>>
>>338129946
It really comes down to enemy design, the combat system itself is quite well designed. I mean, the whole point of FM+ is that it introduces a bunch of legit fights, none of the mechanics are touched at all. If you had the power to mod KH2 all you'd have to touch are the enemies.
>>
File: 1423445638142.webm (2 MB, 856x480) Image search: [Google]
1423445638142.webm
2 MB, 856x480
>>338130141
>who doesn't enjoy disney?
They're like half the game or more and nearly all your helpers are from the movies. The gameplay is good enough but if you don't like the movies I can't see you tolerating this.

>>338130173
I'm thinking about doing one soon, how bad does it get? I'm already used to being one-shot in Re:Coded.
>>
>>338130141
Yes skip the scenes if you hate the childish nature of disney and the story, gameplay and bosses are superb

>>338130173
It is, I ran into the Larxene sillhoutte in pirates of carribbean and was stuck on her for legit 15 hours, killed her and moved on to barbossa who was also a bitch because you cant run away from his gunshots that 1 shot you. it auto targets.
>>
>Be me importing kh2fm back in 2008 and getting it to work on my japanese hacked ps2, was so hyped.

>Played all summer and came out with the conclusion that no action rpg game would have bosses like this.

>I went on forums praising the combat for kh2 but everyone was telling me shit like "lol get out of here with that casual mash X garbage"

Now it comes out in the remixes and people are slowly catching on like I fucking told you. Fucking square held off the best version of the game for 6 years
>>
>>338130492
TBF KH2, the game we got, was mash X to win

it's only in FM on critical where this isn't the case
>>
So, do you guys think they'll rereleaye the remixes on PS4? Shit sucks...
>>
File: Dragoon swim.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dragoon swim.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
It was this game that got me hyped for FFXV back in the day.

I'm seeing some bosses that may push it further than KH2FM Tier like the dragoon girl
>>
>>338130639
I dont know 2.8 is coming out this year with the 3ds game and kh3 demo. I heard a rumor of a 2.9 having 1.5 and 2.5 in it for xbone and ps4. only cause it makes sense.
>>
>KH1:RM final boss

holy fuck when it turns into that battle barge

I literally had to go and grind out the ultima keyblade to do it
>>
>>338130636
It was, i'm not gonna lie but i think everyone really misunderstood me back then.
>>
>>338130682
It's weird that after all these years that's all the footage we've seen of an actual boss so far, everything else we've seen being faught is just regular enemies. And while technically the summons are bosses too we haven't seen them being faught yet.
>>
>>338131232
Well hell back in the day when kh2 was coming out they didn't spoil or show anything other then like 2 trailers and a commercial. I think it's safe to say all the humaniod bosses and giant summons aren't being shown cause its a surprise. Air combat is much more free in XV and warping makes it seem like killing giants with pure gameplay is going to be a thing.
>>
>>338131232
carbunkle? behemoth?
>>
>>338128025
>that I played for 1500+ hours
I mean, yeah?
The game itself isnt exactly difficult or long, and the rest of the time comes from pvp.
>>
>>338131509
Yeah.
>>338131518
Leviathan, Titan etc are bosses, behemoth is just a regular enemy that roams fields. Carbuncle ain't even an enemy.
>>
>>338131745
>carbuncle ain't even an enemy

you fight him in duscae 2.0
>>
>>338131945
You mean Catoblepas, that's just a regular enemy too. Carbuncle is the small cat-like summon who heals you in PD.
>>
>>338132090
oh ya my bad

>regular enemy
>fuck ton of HP who OHKOs you

I don't think so tim. Behemoth is a boss too. Just because it roams the fields doesn't mean it's not a boss
>>
>>338132147
Catoblepas and Behemoth are just larger stronger wild monsters.
>>
>>338132291
ya? so are most bosses in video games. Just because they don't have a long as cutscene introducing them and progressing the story doesn't mean they're not bosses
>>
File: ddmzpwweczo2bna8z4m3.jpg (87 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
ddmzpwweczo2bna8z4m3.jpg
87 KB, 636x358
>>338132147
There will likely be hundreds of these things roaming the game, giant creatures with alot of hp but they aren't all bosses. An actual wild boss is kinda like my pic
>>
>>338132384
It's the same deal with them in other FF.
>>
File: 1419693302006.jpg (76 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1419693302006.jpg
76 KB, 480x640
>>338127086
AHAHAHAHAHA THIS
SOULBABBIES DESTROYED
>>
>>338126940
*Level 1 Critical
Regular Crit is easy as shit.
>>
dork souls is the dark souls for kids
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.