[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition for like $6 and while the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: sadpanda.gif (948 KB, 288x162) Image search: [Google]
sadpanda.gif
948 KB, 288x162
I got Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition for like $6 and while the last boss was shitty as fuck it got me into wanting more high fantasy.

What's a story-rich and lore-rich high fantasy RPG with tons of fantasy races and shit? I need my elves and dwarves and orcs and shit. Maybe some that are more in the grey area with orcs and stuff? I like Warcraft's ideas but not really its implementation of its ideas.

Orcs are just another race and not a demon/monster race. I like the greyness is adds.

And I MUCH prefer third-person or first-person. Don't dig isometric if it can be helped.

Already played:
>Elder Scrolls
>Might and Magic
>Dragon's Dogma
>Dark Souls
>Some others I can't think of

On my list:
>Witcher 2 and 3 (hated the first one's combat)
>Gothic
>Kingdom of Amalur
>Arx Fatalis

Any suggestions? I'm in need. No MMOs or Bioware, btw.

I need my elves and shit, dudes.
>>
Lord of the Rings Online
>>
File: itsyou.png (10 KB, 85x61) Image search: [Google]
itsyou.png
10 KB, 85x61
>>338115986
>>
Kingdoms of Amalur is one of my favorite games ever. Aesthetically pleasing and the combat is fun as hell. Storywise it's nothing groundbreaking, but it's got elves and gnomes and all that good shit. The environments are fun to explore too, stuff is hidden everywhere.
>>
>>338114758
>I need my elves and dwarves and orcs and shit. Maybe some that are more in the grey area with orcs and stuff?

If you don't mind animu artstyle... there's always Dragon Crown...
>>
Pillars Of Eternity. There also Knights Of The Old Republic 1&2 if you prefer your fantasy to be of the space variety.
>>
>>338116583
Let's keep it to PC. Fun game but I don't have a Sony console to play it on.

>>338116752
>Pillars Of Eternity
Eventually. Not crazy about isometric but it looks exceptionally fun.

>KoTOR
Bioware, dude. Besides, I've already played them. Fun, but they won't scratch that itch. If I ever get a sci-fi itch I know of tons of games I can play.
>>
Definitely get into witcher 2 and 3. They blow the first one out of the water in both story and gameplay.
>>
>>338116920
I know you said PC, but if you have a PS2, Summoner II was the shit.
>>
Divinity 2 is pretty good from what I've played so far
>>
The first Dragon Age will definitely scratch that itch. Everything after it is death.
>>
>>338116302
What? It's actually a good game, probably the last decent MMO out there. Shit tons of lore, and plenty of Middle-Earth to explore and find shit to do in. These days you can play it just like a single-player game pretty much, it's rather relaxing.

It's clunky and ugly as sin, but the content is top notch up through the Rise of Isengard expansion content. After that, wiith the Rohan expansion, it becomes more hit or miss.
>>
>>338116920
>Bioware, dude.

Only the first one, KOTOR 2 was written by Obsidian. Besides, those games were made before Bioware turned their pander dial up to 11.
>>
>>338117135
So what if servers go down can I still play it like sp? I been thinking about playing it for some times I just hate mmo.
>>
>>338117204
>KOTOR 2 was written by Obsidian
That's right. My mistake.

>>338117135
>No MMOs or Bioware
>>
>>338117130
He didn't like bioware
He said no isometric. You dumb or something?
>>
>>338117338
>asking a question and then bitching about the answers

Just go play that new Baldur's Gate EE expansion. I'm sure your wife's son will love it while you choke on his tranny cock.
>>
>>338117419
He's just shitposting man. OP has no interest in playing anything, he just wants to whinge about his tiny prick
>>
>>338117439
>giving me answers that I specifically stated wouldn't work
kill yourself
>>
File: 1410921751604.jpg (54 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1410921751604.jpg
54 KB, 480x640
>>338116481

I played this and liked it, but I had to use a mod to zoom the camera out. The way it right on top of you pisses me off.
>>
>>338117035

It also runs well on a ps2 emulator.
>>
>>338117035
>>338117631
It's got orcs and elves?
>>
You have Arx Fatalis on your list and that's a good one. Get the Arx Libertatis mod for it to make it look better and fix bugs. Goblins, orcs, and trolls in that game are just another race. The goblins and orcs have a little city of their own that you can visit and the trolls have a mine you can check out. Magic is really useful in that game, too.
>>
File: Of Orcs and Men.jpg (580 KB, 1924x1068) Image search: [Google]
Of Orcs and Men.jpg
580 KB, 1924x1068
I thought this was pretty good. Took some time to get used to the controls.
>>
>>338117886
those are some big orcs
>>
>>338117753
>Arx Libertatis mod
Thanks, dude. Getting it now.

>>338117886
Looked into it and it doesn't look like something I'd enjoy. I played the prequel a year ago. It's was alright.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.