[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the game in this series that dropped the ball?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 17
File: XJW9kjC.jpg (762 KB, 2566x1577) Image search: [Google]
XJW9kjC.jpg
762 KB, 2566x1577
What was the game in this series that dropped the ball?
>>
PCcucks will say IV but that game was fun as hell on consoles. one of the best multiplayer experiences i've ever had. V is where it really started to get shitty.
>>
V
>>
>>338112851
>gta
Jesus OP
>>
>>338112851
Vice City
>voiced protag
ruined the soul of the game
>>
>>338113161
>Not liking the badassery of tommy vercetti.
>>
iv
realism is for those without imagination
>>
all of them are great

just because the series became modernized it doesn't mean it dropped in quality

none of them felt lackluster
>>
Gotta go with 5.
>>
>>338112851
4 with its grim dark war ptsd'd protagonist
>>
>>338112851
>>
>>338113252
Fantasy is for children with a hard time dealing with the real world.
>>
Gameplay wise, I think it's fair to say that lV was a step backwards from the precedent that San Andreas set.

Make no mistake, it had its good qualities, I didn't mind the story, and I thought the atmosphere worked really well, but it felt way too small and not nearly diverse enough.
>>
V is really the only one I don't think was great, and even then it's still decent. Fuck I miss old Rockstar
>>
>>338113294
V is fucking trash
>>
>>338113409
yeah that's exactly what videogames are for you silly normie
>>
>>338112851
Probably 4 for me. But only because it was just a "realistic" GTA 3 with better graphics and controls.
>>
>>338113409
why do you play video games then faggot
>>
Vice City
San Andreas
V
III
IV

Chinatown Wars is the best GTA game ever, but I'm not counting that
>>
>>338112851
Easily IV
Le realism game mechanics and nauseously boring everything.
>>
>>338112851
none of them
>>
GTA Online
V itself was great but the multiplayer is a sign of things to come
>>
>>338113294
but "modernized" was awful at that period of video games.
brown and bloom, realism, etc is total garbage.
>>
>>338113659
le learn to form your own opinions kiddo.
>>
File: 2013-12-30_00002.jpg (390 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2013-12-30_00002.jpg
390 KB, 1920x1080
>>338112963
>PCcucks will say IV but that game was fun as hell on consoles.
If anything it's the console version of GTA:IV that is total shit. At least the expansions were good standalones but I don't see how anyone could enjoy vanilla IV without mods
>>
4 and 5.

There's almost nothing fun to do in 4/city sucks and 5 has the worst division of map space I've ever seen in a game and ends too abruptly. I still like 4's story and 5 overall a lot though.
>>
IV

the story was good but holy fuck most of the missions were so boring
>>
>>338113517
This. though I wouldn't say trash, it's just not great. There was a ridiculous lack of effort in creating the missions. There are so many missions where you don't do jack shit. There's not much to see on the map, and the multiplayer blows.
>>
>>338113658
ma nigga

>tfw i spent more time drug dealing in CW than the amount of time i put in any gta game
>>
>>338112851
IV
>>
>>338113840
it was fun messing around at the airport
>>
>>338113950
it's like we're the same person. that's the aspect i spent the most time on.
>>
File: gta v map.jpg (620 KB, 1983x2644) Image search: [Google]
gta v map.jpg
620 KB, 1983x2644
>>338113847
>5 has the worst division of map space I've ever seen in a game and ends too abruptly.
Fucking this, whoever designed this should be shot.

Why the fuck didn't they add another city onto the map, or at least more well developed towns?
>>
>>338112851

Probably the most rushed game in the series. Less features than 3. Plus didn't have any features from 4 or San Andreas.

I almost forgot the missions and characters where just shit and a disappointment.
>>
>>338114160
>that lack of desert
>>
>>338113827
Le I owned the game and it was a le general consensus that le grand theft brown man was the most boring game in the series. Soul crushingly boring.
>>
>>338112851

IV imo

>>338112963
I played them all on console from SA onward, then again on PC. Hell, I even played the original GTA and GTA2 on PC back when you were probably still sucking on your mom's tit.

Get the fuck out
>>
>>338113658
>chinatown wars
Mah nigga.
>>
Any answer that isnt IV is wrong.
>>
>>338112851

4 was complete shit.
>>
>>338114570
Any answer other than IV or any comment praising IV over any other game is underage b&.
>>
File: 1462545124043.jpg (112 KB, 772x817) Image search: [Google]
1462545124043.jpg
112 KB, 772x817
>III - wow effect because of the year it released
>Vice City - muh 80s and hollywood VA
>San Andreas - wow effect because of the sheer sand box in 2004
>we dont count the Top Down and Stories game
>IV - technology the game kinda wow effect because of the breathing city
>V - lackluster, no wow effect anymore and most hyped blunder ever, how did this shit sell so fucking much

Its either VC or V
>>
>>338114872
The wow effect for the stories was about how you can play GTA on the go.
>>
>>338114978
This, the stories games are among my favorites just because I can play them on my PSP.
LCS was the first one I actually beat.
>>
>>338114872
>Wow, this is running on the PS3/360
That was impressive, but other then that it didn't really do anything new
>>
>>338113840
because the multiplayer had a great community, that's why it was fun. when rockstar was still trying to make fun games instead of a cash cow. i feel sorry for you if you missed out on that, and you have to turn it into a superhero game just to enjoy it.
>>
>>338113409
why are you on an anime image board? We are all children who don't deal with the real world
>>
>>338114175
>Less features than 3

How

>Plus didn't have any features from 4 or San Andreas

It brought back lots from San Andreas
>>
>>338112851
from 4 and onwards. the best gta will always be 2 and SA
>>
>>338115387
>still trying to make fun games
>IV
>>
GTA V was a lot of fun, I have no idea what the fuck some of you are on about.
>>
>>338116032
>Missions are basically generic fetch quests/kill rival gang bullshit
>SP story mode is boring shit with unlikable characters
>Heists are garbage with shitty, repetitive setup that force you to coordinate with randoms, a majority of which are either foreign, don't communicate, etc
>Mods and shit are priced so you either have to grind the same shitty missions over and over or buy their shark cards
>Modders who basically added to the game (except the faggots who wanted to piss off everyone because they could) were banned
>Delayed PC release because MUH PIRATES
>Huge, open-world map with nothing to do.
It sure was a lot of fun
>>
I stopped with IV and it was a chore to finish. Did not have nearly as much fun as 3, VC, and SA.
>>
>>338112851
V. The major focus on Online, half baked characters, unsatisfying ending and overall shit story really ruined it.
>>
>>338116456
this
>>
>>338116456
Don't forget
>features that were gutted from SP to incentivise Online
>>
>>338115510
Not him, but like what?
>>
>>338112963
NIKO! HANG OUT WITH YOUR COUSIN!
>>
4 tried way to hard to be a movie thankfully they made gay tony which felt like gta again and its what the whole game should have been. 5 is just nothing more than a cash shop mmo grindfest with its story being an afterthought. SA was lightning in a bottle that will never be done again.
>>
>>338115612
cops n crooks, bomb da base, team deathmatch, you missed out on all of that shit?
>>
IV. I liked it for what it was, but i always felt like it was taking itself too seriously at times. It was really far from the tone of the earlier games.

V feels like the old games except it has better graphics.
>>
>>338116760
>Mechanic that can deliver vehicles to you
>Car insurance
>Lowriders
>Real estate
>Armored Kuruma

Any more I'm forgetting?
>>
>>338112851
Everything after VC is garbage.
>>
>>338117536
fuck off racist
>>
File: 1463007851203.jpg (94 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1463007851203.jpg
94 KB, 800x800
>>338116896
Well, I'm not sure what counts as a feature, but car customization, planes, buying property, flight school, character stats, now I'm starting to struggle recalling what features were present in which games
>>
>>338115387
>because the multiplayer had a great community
Nah, it was ass. RDR ended up doing it better anyway.
>>
>>338117117
I don't think I played IV until like 2012. The most fun thing in single player was that swingset
>>
>>338117783
so you got your shit pushed in is what you're saying?
>>
>>338116456
>>338116709
>>338116760
>Missions are basically generic fetch quests/kill rival gang bullshit
You're overly generalizing all the missions. Not to mention you can race on multiple platforms if you want to. There are sneak missions, chase missions, assassination missions, fetch missions, infiltration missions, shooter missions, etc. The missions were a strong part of the game, and a lot were different from each other. Unless you mean online, which at least allows you to do missions with friends.

>Story mode is boring shit with unlikable characters
Why can't my sociopath criminal main characters be perfect innocent human beings or cliche movie protagonists? Also Franklin is very likable and meant to be that way. Trevor and Michael have their pros and cons.

>Heists are garbage and force you to coordinate with randoms
Get friends? Not that hard.

>Modders who basically added to the game were banned
Do you mean hackers or modders? I'm confused here.

>Huge open-world map with nothing to do
Other than acquire property rising to the top of wealth and owning companies. Buying a yacht, an airliner, a jet, etc. There is plenty to do in the open world, you just aren't a 12 year old who has simple fun like driving into a swingset so it shoots you across the map. If you haven't found stuff to do, then you aren't trying and are cynical.
>>
the best part about 4 was after you killed vlad and roman is shitting his pants and niko just says 'well, i guess this is over.' it was a great comedic moment, too bad the rest of the game except bernie took itself way too seriously.
>>
>>338117117
GTA IV Cops N Crooks is some of the best time I've ever had in a multiplayer game
>>
>>338117954
>Modders who basically added to the game were banned
>Do you mean hackers or modders? I'm confused here.

there were people trying to actually add new stuff to the multi but they were c&d-ed by r* because surprise surprise it would affect their good goy card business.
>>
File: soNuugF.jpg (115 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
soNuugF.jpg
115 KB, 645x773
>>338117954
>Get friends? Not that hard.

i have been trying for 25 years anon
>>
>>338117954
Why did you quote me if you weren't going to offer an argument? Retard.
>>338116760
>>
IV

It was worse than SA, VC and III
>>
V of course. I can't even make myself finish the game. Most of the missions are heavily scripted, no freedom allowed. But my biggest concern is a writting. It's unfunny, the satire level so high, every single character is a walking meme at this point, like Franklin's aunt or Setrakyan.
>>
>>338118232
Well shit now I feel bad. Add the people who actually tried in the heists, get a crew together.

>>338117530
>>338118268
You listed things that have little importance in SP and are more MP oriented. In SP, you don't have trolls who purposefully fuck up your car every time you drive on the road. Plus parking your car in your garage pretty much saves it no matter how much damage it takes. Things like Lowriders are there to show off to friends, like skins in a multiplayer game. You can buy companies in SP but each character has their own home because of the story. The armored Kuruma is in a MP heist so that's especially why it's in MP. All the things you listed hold little value in SP.
>>
File: 1455463176386.jpg (43 KB, 592x448) Image search: [Google]
1455463176386.jpg
43 KB, 592x448
V, definitely.

It half-assed everything. San Andreas let them experiment with what they could add to the game, IV gave them a chance to test new technology, and somehow, V is not only a pitiful approach to both advancements, but it fell into the lot of micro-transaction bullshit with the multiplayer. Two great predecessors and then this pile of shit. Why?
>>
>>338118872
>All the things you listed hold little value in SP
Horseshit.

While parking any car in garage does save it, you're fucked if you have it blow up and/or die while driving it. Having car insurance would make all purchased cars act like your MC's main car - infinitely respawnable.

Lowriders would be cool to drive around in, and they offer more customization options than regular vehicles. You didn't play SA, huh?

There's literally no reason why having a car delivery service would be bad for SP.

Sure you can buy companies, but you can't go inside them like apartments/houses in MP. Also, how would not being able to choose your house or an additional safehouse not be beneficial? I suppose you like having shit forced onto you.

The Kuruma is a bit of a nit-pick, especially considering the Duke-O-Death in next gen. Still, why keep shit that won't last seperate from SP?
>>
I'm waiting
>>338119610
>>
>>338117954
>You're overly generalizing all the missions.
I'm really not
>Not to mention you can race on multiple platforms if you want to
No multi-plat support, so you're full of shit
>There are sneak missions
Which didn't actually require sneaking, except that one heist setup
>chase missions
Which most people either skipped over or just cut corners because the chase missions were shit
>assassination missions
I would love to know where you found these, because last I checked, MP didn't have assassination missions
>fetch missions, infiltration missions, shooter missions, etc
And aside the shooter missions, were all horribly implemented both through SP and MP
> The missions were a strong part of the game, and a lot were different from each other.
Being this retarded must be easy
>Why can't my sociopath criminal main characters be perfect innocent human beings or cliche movie protagonists?
Holy shit, what the fuck is wrong with you?
>Also Franklin is very likable and meant to be that way. Trevor and Michael have their pros and cons.
Franklin is a generic dindu, and Trevor is a psychotic fuck with zero redeeming qualities. Michael's only redeeming quality is he seems to regret the direction his life has gone in.
>Do you mean hackers or modders? I'm confused here.
They were modders, denthead. There weren't any "hackers" on GTA V MP, and you're fucking retarded if you think adding shit that was already in the game's code constitutes as "hacking".
>Other than acquire property rising to the top of wealth and owning companies
Where do you get to "own companies"? Because last I checked, even the stock market doesn't exist in MP
> There is plenty to do in the open world, you just aren't a 12 year old who has simple fun like driving into a swingset so it shoots you across the map
>Talking shit about swing glitch
Now I know you're a faggot
>If you haven't found stuff to do, then you aren't trying and are cynical.
Or I've played the game and know it's lifeless as fuck.
>>
File: d1e.jpg (158 KB, 408x724) Image search: [Google]
d1e.jpg
158 KB, 408x724
>all these plebs with shit taste
>>
I love seeing GTA V defenders getting absolutely destroyed
>>
>>338119610
This isn't SA. Do you want a rehash remake of the old games or do you want a game that is itself? I'm not Rockstar and I personally don't give a shit about Lowriders. The only reason I would ever want one is to brag that I have it and dick around online.

I can only imagine that car insurance is ever a thing is to be anti-trolling in MP. If your car blows up in SP and you lose it, tough shit. You didn't get car insurance in SA, in case you wanted to keep using that argument.

Not sure about car delivery in SP either. There are tons of features in SP already, not like I ever considered begging for that feature.

I don't really care about property in SP. It would be an even bigger file size to the game to have that. I don't know how the content works with the game but I don't think SP was designed to have home locations moved unless it is story driven. You can do this in MP, and yes it gives incentive to play it. Just like many games do.

>>338120078
>I'm not generalizing all the missions
Then all GTA games involve fetch quests and killing people. Aight gg no re

>No multi-plat support
I meant you can race in the water, on the road, or in the air.

>Which didn't actually require sneaking
It's not different than even sneak-based games. Either choose to be stealthy, which in a lot of missions earns you 100%, or go in guns blazing. It's not my fault you have no patience.

>Assassination missions
Referring to single player

>Missions were horribly implemented both through SP and MP
Opinion

>Being this retarded must be easy
My opinion is different so I am retarded. Aight.

>Franklin is generic dindu
He is the complete opposite of a generic black male. In fact, he gets accused of being an Uncle Tom multiple times.

>Trevor is a psychotic fuck with zero redeeming qualities
A psychotic fuck that has more of a understanding of being a family man than Michael. He's loyal and gets shit done, he's the only character that isn't someone's bitch. It is refreshing
>>
>>338112851
undoutedly IV

It stripped a lot of the humor from the game and tried to go for a "super serious" dramatic tone that just fell flat.

You can argue about anything gameplay wise until you're blue in the face, but you have to admit that the writing, dialog, and overall feel of the world was lost when they tried to make IV into some Russian Crime Syndicate HBO series set in New York, instead of the hyper violent and exaggerated setting and atmosphere that all the preceeding games managed to do so well
>>
4. Bitch protag, boring "drive here, kill everyone" missions, nothing to do in the city but minigames.
>>
>>338121013
no franklin is pretty much a hood nigger. he talks about wanting to get out of the ghetto but at the same time he steals cars for a living. he's actually a more accurate representation than his over the top friends are.
>>
>>338121013
I was saying that lowriders were fun in SA, therefore they'd probably be fun in V.

>If your car blows up in SP and you lose it, tough shit.
Nice "argument". So people should just keep their expensive-ass cars in their garages?

>Car delivery isn't needed because we already have other features
Are you retarded?

>The rest
Defend Rockstar's Jewish bullshit all you want, faggot. You're the cancer of the video game industry to do so.
>>
I can't believe how rarely I see anyone mention how shit movement in general is in V. It takes your character a full second to move their fat ass when you press the key to move, cars are slippery as shit and uncontrollable at any decent speed, and your character will get stuck on shit, run in circles, and fall all over themselves before you get where you're trying to go. Why do so many modern games have this sluggish, loose as fuck gameplay?
>>
>>338121440
Just like V
>>
>>338121503
>Keep expensive cars in the garage
No, but don't drive it when you plan on getting five stars? Plus just get 100% armor and bulletproof tires on it dude. I've never had a personal car blow up

>Car delivery
That wasn't my point. It's that of all the features to add, why is that one important?

>Defend Rockstar's Jewish bullshit all you want
Maybe I'm not an entitled gamer who thinks that my 65 GB game should really be 90 GB in content? Like come on dude, there is plenty in the game to do

>>338121441
Franklin steals cars because that's what he did as the stereotypical hood nigger. However, he doesn't want that to be his life, and additionally he goes on heists and does assassinations. The car stealing is like 25% of his missions. Franklin is the anti-nigger. He doesn't care about crack, gangs, or rolling deep. That was the point of the campaign. Black people today are still all about trapping and gangs.
>>
>>338113161
This.
>>
>>338121013
>Then all GTA games involve fetch quests and killing people
But the difference is, their missions aren't shit
>I meant you can race in the water, on the road, or in the air.
That's not what 'multi-plat" means, you fucking denthead
>It's not different than even sneak-based games. Either choose to be stealthy, which in a lot of missions earns you 100%, or go in guns blazing. It's not my fault you have no patience.
Confirmed for having never played even fucking Skyrim, where the sneaking is atrocious, but even it manages some degree of competence that GTA V couldn't.
>Referring to single player
Neat. I wasn't.
>Opinion
Because the struggle to get people in a lobby isn't a thing, right?
>My opinion is different so I am retarded. Aight.
>I-it's just a prank, bro!
Pathetic
>He is the complete opposite of a generic black male. In fact, he gets accused of being an Uncle Tom multiple times.
No, he's fucking dindu. He talks about getting out of the hood, but as soon as Lamar has a stupid-ass scheme or he gets offered to do illegal shit, his first response is "fo' sho!". Even fucking CJ was whiter than Franklin. Fucking Big Smoke was more "straight" and non-generic.
>A psychotic fuck that has more of a understanding of being a family man than Michael
>During one of the heists, he makes allusions to "loving his mother without loving her" and "when she needs me, she'll know what to do".
> He's loyal and gets shit done
>Threatens Ron and other fucks for the smallest mistake
>Got kicked from the military for being such a mess
>Would shoot Michael in the back if it meant taking a bigger cut
>he's the only character that isn't someone's bitch. It is refreshing
Those hunting missions, those transport missions, and that end-game where he steals a van for his mom. Sure doesn't sound like someone who works for others.
>Tortures a dude because the FIB told him to
>>
>>338122076
>I've never had a personal car blow up
Quit driving like you're on a Sunday drive, bitch.

Car delivery isn't too big a deal, considering that you can call a taxi. However, taxis cannot reach you if you're in the desert/forest/coast.

>entitled
Fuck off.

>plenty in the game to do
Sure, but how much of it is fun?

Collecting 50 sequined dildos to unlock a submarine is not fun. Yoga and Wii Sports are not fun. Getting shit by psychic marksmen is not fun.
>>
>>338122641
*getting shot

Haha
>>
>>338122283
>Confirmed for having never played even fucking Skyrim, where the sneaking is atrocious, but even it manages some degree of competence that GTA V couldn't.
Fucking this. Sneaking was so fucking useless in V.
>>
>>338112963
>PCcucks will say IV but that game was fun as hell on consoles
Consolefag here, IV was the absolute worst and almost killed the franchise.
>>
>>338122283
>Their missions aren't shit
Opinion
>That's not what multi-plat
I said you can race on different platforms. That means sea, land, or air. Platform doesn't have to mean consoles, autist.
>Confirmed to having never played even fucking Skyrim
Confirmed to have never played GTA V. As I've said, a lot of the missions require no one being alerted or a silent mission to gain 100%. Actually play through to get 100% and then talk to me. Use a silenced gun, stay crouched. You see noise on the map. Not that hard to utilize.
>Neat, I wasn't
Cool
>Because the struggle to get people in a lobby isn't a thing, right?
Not for me I guess? Sorry you're a contrarian and have nobody who wants to play with you?
>As soon as Lamar has his stupid-ass scheme his first response is "fo sho"
Franklin mocked him for his schemes every time it was brought up and kept telling Lamar that it was going to get himself killed. Did you even play SP? The only time Franklin is enthusiastic is because he wants to take heists and big money missions. As I've said before, black people today are still all about trap life and gangs. Franklin wanted to be like Michael and Trevor as much as possible.

>Trevor was the voice of reason to Michael regarding his family. He understood treating Patricia like a lady.
>Having a bad relationship with your mother means you can't understand relationships
>Implying Trevor isn't loyal to Michael and Franklin, and has still been there for his henchmen despite taking advantage of them
>Gets kicked out of military for being a psycho, which we have established already

>Would shoot Michael in the back if it meant taking a bigger cut
Never did this happen.

>Only time he was a bitch was for his mom. Implying hobbies and side missions weren't for his own pleasure.

>Tortures a dude because he enjoys it and wants to use the opportunity to reveal the inhumane uses of the FIB

Do you have a 5 page autistic nitpick MLA format essay for all games that you refuse to like?
>>
>>338123474
Not him, but there's plenty wrong with GTA V.
>>
>>338123558
I'm not going to deny that there are issues with GTA V, but to act like all GTA games are perfect games is lying through nostalgia. To nitpick all the way down to the motives of the character in the story, it's reaching to find something wrong.
>>
>>338123886
I agree. There's no need for reaching.
>>
>>338123886
But it's not even nitpicking when it's a widely-held opinion that GTA V is objectively shit. Stop being a fucking mouth-breathing retard and actually play something good for once.
>>
>>338124180
>It's a widely-held opinion that GTA V is objectively shit. You are a mouth-breathing retard.
What are examples of good games to you?
>>
>>338112851
GTAIV first, then TBoGT saved that shit. Then GTAV, which was a good game, but not a good GTA game.

And fuck every one of you that got hype for multiplayer. You're the demographic that made it turn to shit.
>>
>>338124436
>Please spoon-feed me
No
>>
>>338124442
>GTA V
>a good game
Oh, I just love yoga and the "no fun allowed" wanted system
>>
>>338124784
So you call a good game "objectively shit" but can't name "good games" because compared to GTA V, there is little difference in quality. Nice.
>>
File: 1463309300489.jpg (643 KB, 843x1035) Image search: [Google]
1463309300489.jpg
643 KB, 843x1035
>>338124784
Nice use of buzzwords to shield your self from actually having to explain your own opinion on the matter, but of course we both know here that you had no actual opinion of your own and only hive-minded with the ever popular hip contrarian "everything new is shit" mentality

<l:o)-S-C
>>
File: 02043877.jpg (1 MB, 3014x4000) Image search: [Google]
02043877.jpg
1 MB, 3014x4000
>>338114160

>we could've had this instead

Who am I kidding, it would have still been shit
>>
>>338121329
IV really felt like a good drama show
rockstar fucking dropped the ball with V, the beginning in north yankton was god tier ( on par with the vice city intro ) but they rest of the story literally played like a episode of how i meet your mother
>>
>>338125790
Next one will probably be closer to this now that 360/ps3 is out of the way. Can't wait.
>>
>>338121329
Yeah this. The satire was still there, but the game was really going off into a different direction overall. I'm glad they did away with that tone with V.

Still a great game though.
>>
>>338125790

would play
>>
>>338112851
huh, first time i notice there is always an helicopter in the top left corner on every GTA cover.
>>
IV is the least good one. The story missions consist solely of "go here and shoot these people" and when you finish the story Liberty City is boring and has nothing in it to do. Even with all of this it was fun when it first came out because it really felt like GTA transitioned into the next gen.

V was a massive improvement as it took the overall improvements IV made on GTA as a series and made an actual good game out of them.

All of you are contrarian faggots.
>>
>>338122076
no i meant that he was stealing cars for a living before the story begins so it goes to show that he was probably just a typical whining black guy who says he wants things to change but is too lazy to make the change. he is the absolute embodiment of hood nigger mentality.
>>
File: GTA IV v V.png (38 KB, 1039x540) Image search: [Google]
GTA IV v V.png
38 KB, 1039x540
>>338114160
absolutely, the map design feels absurd in GTA V: a small desert section that suddenly takes us to the mountains, silly sections such as the eastern side of the map and the metro tunnels are a JOKE
>>
File: 1358772764189.jpg (11 KB, 389x324) Image search: [Google]
1358772764189.jpg
11 KB, 389x324
>>338112851
Well with Vice City... san andreas was helluva shit

But the most fun i had was cops and crooks on gta 4

gta 5 was a giant shit in mp. Also the city was way too small
>>
File: 1370022124564.jpg (35 KB, 597x589) Image search: [Google]
1370022124564.jpg
35 KB, 597x589
>>338125790
this would have been so awesome
>>
File: 1368054830800.jpg (25 KB, 288x337) Image search: [Google]
1368054830800.jpg
25 KB, 288x337
>>338130869
also i must add that the first playthorugh on gta 5 was best. And maybe the high res version on pc for the first time playthrough.
>>
File: No_Hope.gif (4 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
No_Hope.gif
4 MB, 200x200
>>338113161
>>
GTA IV was perfection, I say V dropped the ball with shittier technology and less buildings to enter.
>>
File: 6545.jpg (75 KB, 350x260) Image search: [Google]
6545.jpg
75 KB, 350x260
>>338131812
>perfection

There was little to do apart from the cop missions and the dates
The episodes of Liberty City reinstated some good stuff from San Andreas like gang wars and parachuting but come on, GTA IV set was too serious and offered little to nothing

Granted I have spent like ten hours reading all the websites, especially when I discovered that the news were telling stories after each of your missions and also Johnny Klebitz's and Luis Lopez's, but dear god was it frustrating that you could not play ambulance missions nor casino anymore.
>>
Starting at 3, I 100% all of them (and Bully/RDR) except for 5. Dropped pretty early the first time and second time I got to do some Trevor missions before I quit.

Something about 5 just doesn't click.
Lost and Damned wasn't too great either, but I did finish it.
>>
IV.

2 and 3 were gems.
Vice City is untouchable.
San Andreas was fun, but the PC one seemed to suffer a bit. Not sure why, but I preferred this one on PS2.
IV and V are when the game just became a "Hey check out this open world sandbox! You can do all these amazing things" kind of title. The story was dull, and it was clearly designed to be an environment that Rockstar wanted to heavily limit and control for profit.

V was the nail in the coffin. Heavy focus on online sandbox. Hammer to the head for the modding community, and even sending investigators around to the house of a private server developer, even though their actions were entirely legal, they weren't making any profit, and the server code was entirely clean-room, nothing that belonged to Rockstar had been stolen or used illegally.

Rockstar aren't the same company anymore. The team that worked on GTA 2 through to GTA San Andreas, are no more.
>>
>>338112851
Honestly? San Andreas dropped the ball by turning the protagonists into acting like a pussy in cutscenes. San Andreas is both the last great GTA as well as the GTA that started the "downfall" of the series.

Tommy > Claude > Trevor > Literally Everyone Else
>>
File: leone.jpg (581 KB, 2000x1800) Image search: [Google]
leone.jpg
581 KB, 2000x1800
>>338133452
let's settle this

GOD TIER PROTAGONISTS
Tommy Vercetti
Niko Bellic
Huang

HIGH TIER
Victor Vance
Tony Cipriani
Luis Lopez
Michael

OKAY TIER
Franklin
Claude
Johnny Klebitz

LOW TIER
Trevor

PUSSY TIER
CJ

Claude Speed and GTA 1 protags are not worth being ranked.
>>
>>338133697
GOD TIER
Tommy

HIGH TIER
Claude
Luis
Michael

ALRIGHT TIER
Trevor
Vic
Tony
The guy from Chinatown Wars

MEDIOCRE PROTAGONIST IN A GOOD GAME TIER
CJ

DON'T CARE/BORING AS FUCK TIER
Johnny
Franklin
>>
>>338112963
I played it on x360 and is trash, faggot
>>
>>338133979
Oh, and Niko I guess.

"FORGETTABLE TIER"? I dunno. I liked him for the most part but goddamn he was always whining and complaining despite getting everything handed to him from his hard-working cousin.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.