[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you have liked to see X continue to use a laser sword?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: latest[7].jpg (1 MB, 1886x2112) Image search: [Google]
latest[7].jpg
1 MB, 1886x2112
Would you have liked to see X continue to use a laser sword?
>>
>>338106213
No, it was literally edgy bullshit. In general, the X series was a mistaken 90s attempt to make a good series more 'cool' and 'mature'. The music was pretty good, but aesthetically it lost the charm of the earlier titles. They should have made it an entirely different series and not called it Mega Man.
>>
>>338106520
>literally edgy bullshit
Ugh, you damn kids
>>
No because that's Zero's meme and X's meme is being shooty and it differentiates their gameplay.
>>
Fuck yeah.
As long as his was about as "not that effective" as X6's for the sake of balance, definitely. No weapons or Armor set made for it though, fuck that shit, along with stage hazards that make you need to use it in order to destroy them.
Make the armor have its own functions and rely on the buster. Keep the saber purely auxiliary.
I loved it because it gave X a way to hit above and below (and directly in-front, where as the buster hits a bit past that when starting its trajectory), and an actual melee that wasn't weapon-energy based.
I mean, if Zero can have a buster, X can have a saber. Hell, it doesn't even need to be a saber, just a tactical laser-knife or something to make it even more auxillary. Or fuck, even that shining finger shit from Day of Sigma.
>>
>>338108321
Let's not forget that Colonel, Dynamo, and Sigma had one at some point
>>
>>338106213
No. It was always better as Zero's thing.
>>
>>338109273
>Dynamo
That was more of a weird ass darth-maul saber that was also somehow a boomerang.

Also,
I always felt like the Mega Uppercut and Triangle Jump from Power Fighters should have been a thing in classic. Imagine my disappointment when MM9 rolled around and you couldn't even fucking slide.
>>
No. X has projectiles, and Zero is melee. That's fine. There's no need to make their roles LESS defined. It pisses me off enough that you start with model X in ZX, and then once you get model Z and they fuse into ZX, your main form for the whole damn game, you're just Zero. You're just a big fucking swordguy who has a dinky gun just like Zero did, and then you have to unlock model X. Didn't they basically already do this in X7? Jesus christ.

If the X series hadn't been such a huge mess, the final game being X using Zero's sword after Zero dies, and X has a good buster and a good melee attack, would be fine. But I wouldn't want it to continue, make that the finale.
>>
>>338110303
>you're just Zero.
No, you're an even worse version of zero, with no EX skills or weapon energy worth a single fuck.
>>
File: Blade Armor.jpg (228 KB, 1000x804) Image search: [Google]
Blade Armor.jpg
228 KB, 1000x804
>>338106213
I might tolerate it if X uses his buster to produce it like the Blade Armor does.

But it really feels stupid that X, who has a system capable to copying any weapons he comes across and making ridiculous alt forms of them: Can't just do the same for a 3 foot pole of energy.
>>
>>338106520
>edgy
how? the only edgy character in X is Vile, and Mega man got edgy in one of the mainline mega man games (7 or 8 I think)
>>
>>338110818
>what is model ox
>>
>>
>>338114561
Not Model Zx, and an endgame unlockable.
>>
>>338114698
>x6's bullshit stages followed by piss-easy bossfights
>>
>>338106520
I unironically like vile...
>>
>>338114937
Some of those bosses were pretty bullshit m8
>>
>>338115024
>tfw still remember infinity mijimmyrustler
that guy was nigh unbearable with zero
>>
>>338109273

Sigma had one? I thought it was some sort of schyte he had
>>
>>338116505
He did that too in 4, but in his very first form in X1 he pulls a sabre.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.