[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>inb4 this gets universal 10/10 >becomes greatest game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Final_Fantasy_XV_logo.png (108 KB, 395x253) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XV_logo.png
108 KB, 395x253
>inb4 this gets universal 10/10
>becomes greatest game of all time
>cures cancer
>>
It's a japanese game post 2000, it's not winning jack shit.
>>
only games that never come out can be this good

I'm afraid XV is at the end of the line
>>
>>338104395
It isn't Versus XIII.
>>
>>338104395
Mark my words, it'll be hugely disappointing. They're being too ambitious with the whole open world thing and the hardware it's on can't deliver.

Plus the "slay 10 monsters" sidequests and minigames will get boring fast.
>>
That won't happen. What will happen is that it will be okay, even nice at times and I will hate it.

Lately I feel there's a chance that I will hate it more than VIII. This is incomprehensible to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>338104395
Oops wrong image
>>
>>338104814
this. some crappy 1 hour indie game will win it because it made people cry. that or some generic shooter. uncharted will be forgotten about.
>>
the world looks cool and i wanna explore it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzIsbgDt5oM
>>
>>338107510
funny how vanilla oblivion looks better than this.
>>
>>338104395
>cures cancer

good then maybe you'll finally stop posting
>>
File: Gvqu5L9.jpg (517 KB, 1920x2938) Image search: [Google]
Gvqu5L9.jpg
517 KB, 1920x2938
>>338107569
The world is called Eos.

Eos in Greek mythology is the Goddess of Dawn (dawn trailer and also logo of ffxv is a woman sleeping with half a sun behind her).

Her sister is the Goddess of the moon Selene. Her Roman equivalent is Luna.

Her brother is the God of the Sun Helios. The equivalent of Helios in Roman mythology was Sol. (Probably the god that Solheim will worship)

All three were Titans. (3 Huge beings appear in the Dawn trailer.)

Goddess Eos main responsibility in Greek mythology was to open the gates of heaven. She is pictured as a beautiful woman, crowned with a tiara and large wings. (the logo of ffxv has the sun looking like a crown and a single wing can be seen behind the woman)

So i assume that Etro, the Goddess of death was changed to Eos, the Goddess of Dawn and the Gate of Etro, a gate to the underworld was changed to the Gate of Eos, a gate to the heavens.

Deepest lore.
>>
>>338107636
boom
>>
>>338107569
I'd be impressed if the game even looks remotely close to this. That Platinum demo really killed my hype for it.
>>
>>338107021
this, it's going to be a massive disappointment.

in typical /v/ cycle fashion it will be the new one to hate and everyone will begin praisng 13 as the second coming, happened with all past entries. happens with Zelda, happens with everything.

>nudoom is shit doom 3 is amazing

This has been going on recently for example.
>>
>>338107587
>what are artstyles
>>
>>338108539
Not him, but clay fighter had an unique artstyle and it still looks like shit. It just looks like shit in a way that nothing else does. Wind Waker looks unique to an extent and doesn't look grotesque.
>>
>>338104395
I think I'm the only nigger on this board who has barely even read anything about this game. FF9 was the last one I fucked with.
>>
>>338108083
well that was made on the ps4 build, platinum demo was a retarded decision because it wasnt even made by the team it was made by like 4 dumbasses in 2 months or something and they somehow didnt optimize this
>>
>>338104395
I haven't heard the cures cancer meme on /v/ in a while.
>>
>>338107021
Almost every TW3 sidequest (given by the NPCs) is a monster hunt quest, but they did it so well as to mask it like a story and most did a good part in forcing the players to travel and explore the world. And there are others like treasure hunts and shits that really encourages travelling. Hope the team manages to create at least sidequests design as good or almost as good as TW3. Because repeating “here a list of monster I want to kill. Slay monster and take reward” will get tiresome.
>>338107510
Isn't the new Zelda got pushed back to 2017 to coincide with the release of the NX?
>>
>>338109386
Not really. Almost every FF “purists” didn't give a damn about this game because it isn't “muh turn based”.
>>
No black character, No buy
>>
>>338110747
Every party member is donned in black.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.