[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me how are you supposed to properly use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Guardian.jpg (53 KB, 900x743) Image search: [Google]
Guardian.jpg
53 KB, 900x743
Can someone explain to me how are you supposed to properly use the Guardian job? I assume you can only possess normal enemies and not bosses, so what practical use could it be given? The only think I can think of is having an easier time getting the Catmancer's abilities, but besides that I am lost. Also, general Bravely Default/Second thread, I guess.
>>
File: guardianintro[1].jpg (125 KB, 1140x543) Image search: [Google]
guardianintro[1].jpg
125 KB, 1140x543
Sounds similar to the Guardian from Guild Wars 2
>>
>>338103378
How does that guardian exactly work though? Does he possess enemies in order to gain their skills or wut?
>>
>>338104080
Not really in the possession aspect, but they're defensive guys that use magic to bolster their defenses. I just like the aesthetic of the blue light magic.
>>
>>338104419
I see. In Bravely Second, they way they work is that they can possess either enemies or party members. The stats of the possessor are passed onto the possessed, while the possessor remains inactive until they decide to return to their own body. The problem is that, in practice, it is more complicated that it should be to find a good moment to use it. I am racking up my brain to think of a practical use in boss battles, but nothing comes up. A shame too since the concept is very cool.
>>
They're great tanks, but their possession ability is practically useless. Use possessed with the Twin Souls support ability and you can be pretty powerful. Use Soul Mirror and any ability that makes enemies more likely to hit you, then use before swine and you're practically invincible.
>>
>>338103208
its a very self-concentrated profession, it makes no difference what your team is doing, it just temporarily lets you use some shit moves for soul power and take over enemies. If they have buffs thats great, if not then no fun for you. The class looks neat, has an okay idea but implements it pretty poorly. If you could possess your teamates to combine buffs then we have a different story but no, it just falls into the "utter dogshit" pile with summoner
>>
>>338105391
>if you could possess your teamates to combine buffs then we have a different story
But...you can?

>>338103208
They've got some high HP, but they're slow as fuck and their soul attacks take too much to actually work. If you can use Bravely Second often, they're pretty goddamn strong since Soul Cannon goes well over 10k damage, but other than that they're just decent tanks.

Soul Mirror with the MP recovery support is pretty much your 'fuck you I win' move.
>>
>>338103208
The worst part about the Guardian job is that you either need to main it or waste tons of support slots to make it work. I'd go with a Guardian/Templar for ultimate tanking abilities. If you worry about keeping someone alive, just use Possessed and then use the absorbed abilities to heal or attack.

It's also decent if you're fighting a boss that has allies.
>>
OP here. Thank you all for giving me ideas. I cannot play right now, so I will ask something more: what happens if the possessed tries to possess someone else? Can they do that or it is limited to pairs of possessor and possessed?
>>
>>338106875
After you use Possessed or Possess, the other becomes unusable.
>>
>>338103208
use with guardian and add swordmaster skill that boosts attack based on BP and centurian from Kaiser, the Greatsword boost from Guardian and true wolf stance.

Posses a Kaiser/Summoner for even more boosts, become an unkillable wall and have two time mages in ghost stat spam meteor meteor rain
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.