[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I enjoy this game with a controller, seriously? I played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: xbox_halo_2-110214.jpg (382 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
xbox_halo_2-110214.jpg
382 KB, 640x908
How can I enjoy this game with a controller, seriously?

I played the first one on PC, decided to play the whole saga (just what I can play at least), so I started 2 on xbox 360, and it's LITERALLY unplayable with a controller. How the fuck do I deal with it? How do you do it console bros?
Is there anyway to play with M+KB on console?
>>
After years of playing shooters on the PC, I decided to replay ODST on my old 360

It was so fucking jarring, couldn't aim for shit, I don't understand how anyone could defend playing shooters with a controller
>>
>>338103179
It's a fucking shame, really. I played only for a few minutes and the game seemed already better than the first game, but in this state is unplayable.

I tried to download it for PC but the game didn't work well, it was a slideshow. Fuck I don't know what to do
>>
>>338102738
>LITERALLY unplayable
Learn to adapt, you fucking baby.
>>
1. Raise the sensitivity
2. Play for more than two minutes and get used to the controls
3. Throw it in the trash
>>
>>338102738
Go back to PC you PC cunt.
>>
>>338103889
Play it on a baby difficulty.
>>
>>338102738
Consider that perhaps your ability to play games with console controllers has just degraded from underuse, and you can no longer properly play console FPSs properly anymore.
I mean seriously, as somebody who has played Halo 2 on both 360 and og xbox controllers, it's not difficult at all, you're probably just too used to mouse & keyboard.
>>
>>338102738
Just gotta get used it OP, maybe it will give you an appreciation for how controllers aren't just casual babymode and there is still skill involved with aiming.

That said, 2 does have a PC port, but it's GFLW/Vista. It works on my two w7 computers just fine though

>>338103889
>I tried to download it for PC but the game didn't work well, it was a slideshow. Fuck I don't know what to do

Ah, welp, there you go, My teasing about skill aside, seriously, just bump it down to easy for now and pratice aiming and moving at once and shooting all of that. It'll never be as accurate or easy to snap to targets as on PC, but once you get used to it it will be like second nature and will be very viable to play the game and do well on higher difficulites.

That said, legendary on halo 2 is complete bullshit, even on PC, don't even try to beat it.
>>
>>338104928
>>338103889
Also, yeah, halo 2 fixes a lot of the repetitiveness and low weapon/enemy variety issues 1 has, it doesn't get stale like CE can.

IMO it also has the best writing and overall best campaign of the whole franchise. So I really do think it's worth powerring through to play it, just actually pay attention to the dialog in the cutscenes and in the missions.

Also, I hope you are playing the rematser. Some people have art style issues with CE's remake, (I think it's fine),. but 2's remake is accurate art style wise to a fault, and the redone cutscenes are fucking gorgous. Don't switch back and forth between old and new graphics though during the cutscenes, since they don't sync up 1:1, but be sure to compare the two graphics modes inside the missions when overlooking vistas and all that,
>>
>>338104928
>>338105207
>Also, yeah, halo 2 fixes a lot of the repetitiveness and low weapon/enemy variety issues 1 has, it doesn't get stale like CE can.

That was the major gripe I had with the game. Levels got too repetitive, glad that 2 fixed this.

I'm playing the original Xbox version on Xbox 360 though, since I don't have a XBone, otherwise I would have played that
>>
>>338103179
>It was so fucking jarring, couldn't aim for shit
it's literally the same as pc but slower. you just have to get better muscle memory
>>
>>338105828
Don't listen to this (>>338105207) guy, Halo 2's campaign is the weakest in the trilogy. Arbiter's missions are gray linear corridors that are heavily scripted. The weapons and vehicle takes a nosedive on Arby's missions because you barely get to use any UNSC weapons or vehicles. Halo 2's Flood are broken and the Brutes are bullet sponges. Arbiter also has the worst boss fights in the game an Elite Ranger with holograms and a berserking Brute with a Hammer and shields. /v/ is not known to have good taste as they will actively defend ODST & Reach (the worst Halo games). Halo CE & 3 have the best campaign in the series. Also Halo 2 doesn't fix the repetition from CE, They're all still there in Arbiter Missions. Chief's mission are the only missions in Halo 2 that continues on the sandbox mission structure of CE.
>>
The game is literally designed for controllers, it dumbs down the fucking controls you mong.
>>
>>338107020
The arbiters missions suffer from some of the stuff CE did, yeah, but it's really only an issue on Sacred Icon and Arbiter/quarintine zone, vs like 60% of the campaign as with CE
>>
>>338109607
The only levels that are really repetitive is The Library, Keyes, and The Maw. and the Maw makes up for it with the Warthog Run. All of Abry's missions were repetitive. While going back to Assault on the Control Room was annoying seeing the Covenant, Flood, and Sentinels kill each other was fun.
>>
you can adapt to anything

keep playing and it will be fine

also quit being a faggot

hope this helps
>>
>>338102738
Git gud I figured it out when I was 10
The game is full of aim assist
>>
>>338102738
>LITERALLY unplayable
no it's not
it's a hell of a lot more difficult, sure, but not outright impossible
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.