[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>need to commit suicide 7 times in a row to unlock a merchant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: yo[1].png (115 KB, 238x281) Image search: [Google]
yo[1].png
115 KB, 238x281
>need to commit suicide 7 times in a row to unlock a merchant

who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>338093893
Japs love suicide
>>
>>338094025
it would at least be better if there was a convenient ledge to jump off of in Firelink to kill yourself quickly. As it is now I need to run outside and off the cliff, and sometimes a fog wall pops up and it takes a long ass time to suicide each time.
>>
>>338093893

But it's miyazakis vision and is deep and represents the cycle of life/death and fire/ice. It's the lore
>>
>>338094242
why you cheesing son?
>>
>>338094242
You have an item that kills you takes all your souls
It's with you at the start of the game
>>
Does DS3 have an achievement or unlock for not dying during a run like DS2 did?
>>
Man, if only there was something in the game capable of killing you.
>>
>>338094815
I want the untrue dark ring but I always get to Abyss Watchers with 0 hollowing because I don't die. If you beat abyss watchers the merchant doesn't spawn.

>>338094908
Dark Sign does not hollow you, so it can't be used for getting Dark Sigil
>>
>>338094908
dark sign isn't even a death anymore, you even keep your ember after using it
you just lose your souls
>>
>>338094950
grinding covenant items to get the suicide katana isn't any faster than committing suicide 7 times
>>
>want to join Darkmoon covenant
>need gesture
>says i have to talk to Sirris of the Sunless Realm.
>says she shows up after talking to these two knight
>already did that but did not comeback to firelink and went to kill the abyss watchers
>give ashes to merchant
>doesnt show up
>already killed deacons of the deep
>already gave dreamchases ashes
is it too late
>>
>>338095943
ye
>>
>need to summon a specific NPC phantom whose sign appears in like two places in order to unlock a gesture
>>
>>338093893
BASED MIYAZAKI CAN DO NO WRONG XDDDD
>>
>>338094242
>go up to the to of firelink, no outside
>jump off
>die
>repeat

Unless you put all your souls into vigor like a scrub it should instant kill you
>>
>>338097117
You also need to kill her as an invader in the area beforehand AND give a tongue to Rosaria
>>
>>338093893
looks like an uncut dingle
>>
>>338097117
>need to join the Fingers before killing the Watchers to get a gesture, which locks you out of Sirris's questline
I hate this shit. It's pointless on the first playthrough because you'll miss it all anyway, and it's nothing but a huge annoyance on every subsequent playthrough. NPC interactions in this series are poorly designed and add nothing but frustration, and DS3 is the worst it's ever been.
>>
>>338099095
Proper Bow is a shit gesture anyway. I only got it for the trophy.
>>
File: 1351070795701.jpg (109 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
1351070795701.jpg
109 KB, 569x428
Typically that side quest would be done naturally over time rather than going and killing yourself. You find Yoel right after the first boss in the game, so for most average players who die in areas maybe two to three times and occasionally to bosses that'd be plenty of deaths. You have the Undead Settlement, the Road of Sacrifices, Farron Keep, Cathedral of the Deep, and all of the bosses associated with those areas. For an average player you're probably going to die more than what is required to unlock Yuria by the time you reach the catacombs after the Abyss Watchers.

Besides, that whole quest line is supposed to be secret. It's clearly not meant for the average player to complete and unlock the usurpation ending.

Also, if you want to get it done quick just go to Iudex Gundyr's bonfire. From the bonfire to off a cliff takes less than five seconds. Outside of loading screens it can be done within a few minutes. It's hardly difficult. Needlessly obtuse sure, but not tough.
>>
>>338099885
>tfw I read that doing his true strength thing would unlock a new NPC but didn't read anything else about it and spent hours a bit later trying to figure out why I was hollow because I didn't think hollowing was a thing in this game
>>
>>338094925
Same ring.
>>
>>338095943
Fucking NPC quests are retarded this time around. "Oh you didn't do this exact thing, sorry i'm dead now"
>>
>>338095943
you can kill the woman that gives you the covenant item to get the covenant item, you just can't reclaim any concords for the awards.
>>
>>338094242
from gundyr's bonfire it's much faster
>>
>>338099885
>Besides, that whole quest line is supposed to be secret. It's clearly not meant for the average player to complete and unlock the usurpation ending.
It's a pretty easy ending to unlock and I wouldn't be surprised if it's close to being as common as the standard ending.
>You find Yoel easily and there's no chance that you'll hit him on accident
>You naturally look for him in Firelink, and he levels you up
>Get pissed that he starts your hollowing
>Realize you can still get free levels so you keep coming back because fuck it at this point
>Unlock Yuria and you're basically railroading it to the usurpation ending if you talk to Anri just one more time
>>
>>338094242
you can die from the fall if you go upstairs. That saying I had like no health on that run as I was pure int/faith.
>>
>>338100658
To be fair they've always been retarded.

>Prince in DeS who would actively walk towards enemies and get killed which would fail his quest
>Everything about NPCs and the tendency system in DeS
>Trying to get the Pyromancer in Blighttown to appear
>Saving Solaire by ranking up with a seemingly unrelated covenant that doesn't even tell you the second reward lets you open a door
>Seigmeyer's quest that has so many fail states and intertwines with his daughter's quest which has fail states
>The one knight in DS2 that requires you to summon her like three times for boss fights, keep her alive, and beat the fight to get all her gear

Honestly, this is just a trend in these games. NPC quests are always infuriating.
>>
>>338094242
vordt's bonfire makes it pretty quick
>>
>>338101003
>Yoel
I missed him my first run as I rushed through the gate to avoid the dogs...
>>
>>338099086
You mean a non mutilated dingle.
>>
>>338101089
This
>>
>>338098703
You retarded fuck. OP said suicide but you can actually get the deaths by just dying naturally by progressing. Yuriel should actually come as a surprise to the player the first time if you're playing blind.
>>
>>338101003
You're forgetting Anri's component where it can fail. You can't at any time tell her where Horace is, have to talk to her in the catacombs twice, and make sure Yuria's whole thing is complete.

If it was just dealing with Yoel and Yuria sure, but having it where Anri's component has fail states is a pain.
>>
>>338101102
The bonfire after the dog gate is faster.
>>
>>338101089
Bloodborne was okay about it, if only because there were so few of them.

>Iosefka gives you the option to leave unharmed, should be a tip off that you can get something later if you leave
>Unopened Summons basically implies it could be for anyone, Alfred is looking for Cainhurst, and hasn't changed positions since your second meeting
>You'll likely already have white church, black church, and Gascoigne garb when finding Adella, it's not hard to infer you might already have something in your possession related to the Church that will let you talk to her
>Adella and Arianna can only give you one blood vial at a time, you're probably going to be stingy with it, so Adella killing Arianna is unlikely
>Beggar is literally covered in blood, you're asking for trouble if you give him an inch
>You can see the door to the Abandoned Workshop, you get a free cord from the Wet Nurse, and there's a book that literally says THREE THIRD CORDS, so you know you have to look for a third one
>Arianna is literally the last to die if you send the Beggar there, so even if you missed Iosefka entirely it's unlikely you'll miss her cord
>Eileen tells you exactly where she's going to fight Henryk
The only really nebulous shit is finding Eileen when she's injured.
>>
>>338094242

You could always agrro Andre and have him kill you every time you spawn.
>>
>>338101313
>You can't at any time tell her where Horace is
You can, but only after killing horace. You LITERALLY can't tell her where horace is until you've met horace, so the only way to fail that part is to find horace, choose to not kill him, go back up to anri, and then tell anri where horace was. That's much less likely than killing horace and telling anri, or either way with horace and just not telling anri.
>>
>>338094242
You can fall off the ledge next to undead settlement pretty easily, its right next to the bonfire.
>>
>>338093893
>>338094242
>die while playing the game
>come back occasionally and get new stuff from him
WOW
>>
>>338097117
Speaking of, has anyone been able to summon the Londor Pale Shade without taking the Dark Sigils? Someone over on /vg/ said they did. I want to see if that's the case. Although, it's one of the last gestures I need.
>>
>>338103694
It's not possible. The Londor Pale Shade, as the name implies, is a summon that appears only with Yuria.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.