[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just torrented Stellaris but I'm at work for a few more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 460x215
I just torrented Stellaris but I'm at work for a few more hours. What should I expect, /v/? Any advice?
>>
>>338090024
You should wait for FBI, pirate.
>>
>What should I expect, /v/?
Some fun for the first 4 hours and then complete boredom from that point forward

>Any advice?
Get ready to uninstall it

Bad combat
Bad diplomacy
Gets boring and repetitive from midgame on
Shallow as fuck
5/10. That's the best I can do.
>>
Anyone else play at normal speed during the early game so you can avoid getting to the midgame for as long as possible?
>>
File: 1401986072531.png (381 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1401986072531.png
381 KB, 1280x720
>>338090167
Making the early game also shit wont make the midgame better.
>>
If you can honestly wait at least wait for the first patch at the end of the month.
>>
>>338090163

Pretty much.
>>
The game is fun at the beginning, becomes unbearably boring in the midgame and late game depends on the crisises that you get. Some of them are bugged and pretty much unwinnable though.
>>
File: get good.png (75 KB, 790x960) Image search: [Google]
get good.png
75 KB, 790x960
>>338090893
>pretty much unwinnable
>>
>when you torrented the game but cant figure out how to get 1.3 patch
>>
>>338090024
Fun early game and then it gets extremely dull after that. Mid-late game consists of upgrading buildings, replacing ded leaders, going to war and researching the odd tech or two, as the research times get exponentially longer.

Combat is hands free, there's literally nothing you can do to command your fleets than retreat when they get their ass kicked. They just end up blobbing each other in a giant moshpit. There's no fucking carrier ship either.

Diplomacy is kinda there. It's hard to get other empires to like you other than the 3 you have embassies in (why limited to 3?).

Every game is essentially the same, the only thing that differs is the race and government you roleplay. There's no tech you get locked out of, or any real benefits or detriments - everything is essentially a few percentage modifiers.
>>
>>338091079
Praethoryn swarm is bugged m8. The planets infested by them are supposed to become barren after you bombard them to zero hp, but instead they stay infested and just regenerate to full hp as soon as I fly off. I rekt their main fleet long time ago, but now they just spam colony ships to every colonisable planet in the galaxy and catching them without an ability to get rid of them permanently is a huge fucking chore.
>>
>>338091506

Pretty much spot on tbqh. It's just very shallow for a paradox game
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.