[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what does /v/ think of Salt and Sanctuary? Haven't seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
File: saltandsanctuary1920x1080.jpg (789 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
saltandsanctuary1920x1080.jpg
789 KB, 1920x1080
So what does /v/ think of Salt and Sanctuary? Haven't seen a single thread about it since the PC release.
>>
>>338086558
Played it for a bit last night, it's very clunky, first thing you see is an unfunny tidbit "don't turn off your whole entire computer" or something like that and it sets the tone for the overall game entry. Animations veer into ragdoll territory but without a semblance of meaningful physics and Souls mechanics are nonsensically implemented in a 2D combat model resulting in idiocy like parrying or riposte / finish moves.
>>
>>338087945
In other words, it disregards and doesn't even attempt to utilize its perspective in order to translate inconsequential Souls elements because the key one - positioning - isn't even an afterthought as showcased by completely inane high jumping mechanics.
>>
>>338086558
I played it on ps4, it was really good. the map design is really impressive, on par with DS1 but in 2D.

The magic/bow/pistol aiming felt a bit strange but I don't know how else they could have done it.
>>
I've seen like 30 threads since its PC release

but they don't last long
>>
File: e34.jpg (34 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
e34.jpg
34 KB, 640x640
>>338087945
I'm surprised you're not doing better at the game, given how salty you are.
>>
>>338088926
hilarious
>>
File: robot10.nocrop.w529.h311.jpg (22 KB, 529x293) Image search: [Google]
robot10.nocrop.w529.h311.jpg
22 KB, 529x293
It's pretty boring. Jump --> strong attack murders everything, and parrying is dead easy.

Wish the characters weren't so damn ugly, literally everyone looks like this faggot
>>
>>338088926
Once again, the game mechanics are not implemented and refined well enough to use the git gud counter-argument.
>>
>>338086558
How much did they paid you to keep making threads about this shitty game
>>
>>338088065
Or it was the whole reason for high jumping. If you couldn't jump you would only be able to go left or right, there would be no positioning.
>>
>>338087945
I've been playing it a bit and, after dying an obscene amount of times to the Sodden Knight then subsequently beating the Queen of Smiles on my first try, it seems best not to approach this game like a Souls game. Rolling is heavily punished by everything except trash mobs, and massive greatswords with aggressive playstyles seem the way to go. I've stopped trying to make shields work because shields become useless when you could just attack and accomplish the same results without wasting time, damage, and a free hand.
>>
>>338086558
On Ps4 it was stupid easy.
Go full strength and two hand a weapon.
you stagger any boss in 1-2 hits.
>>
>>338089240
What are you on about? This is the only current thread about a game that released yesterday.
>>
>>338089190
git gud counter argument is a priori retarded because commenting on gameplay mechanics has nothing to do with difficulty.

>>338089461
there is no positioning, the movement is too clunky for it to be reliably implemented.
>>
>Enjoy game on PS4
>Check discussions on Steam to see what people think
>"git gud" "artificial difficulty" "dark souls rip off"
And people say PC gamers aren't fucking cancer...
>>
>>338086558
>Anime tiddies get released on PC
>500 replies thread every hour
>Anything else get released on PC
>Dead on arrival
>>
I just got to Queen of Smiles and she takes me out in 1 hit.
I have no idea if I am meant to be grinding levels or what, but I have no where else to go and I can barely make a dent in her.

What a fun game.
>>
Harder than Dark Souls 3
>>
>people finding this game hard
fucking really

my main complain was it being too easy
>>
>>338086558
what did you expect?
>not playing it in the perfect launch window before DaS3 came out while everyone was thirsty for this kind of game
>expecting the typical steam scalpers to buy a game without at least a 75% discount, no matter how little it costs already
>not knowing any delayed launch on PC is irrelevant and dead of arrival, just look at Helldivers
>>
>>338090937
Just use a greatsword and upgrade it. There's one right outside one of the sanctuaries if you come out of the left exit then take the platforms to climb up to a slightly hidden room. No idea how you could get 1shot by the Queen, though. I'm wearing a plate chest, no helmet, and my other two slots are light armor, but she would take 4-5 attacks to kill me, and I haven't put a single point into anything that might give me health.
>>
>>338086558
Should I play this or Hyper Light Drifter?
What are the main differences apart from perspective?
>>
File: 25385729.jpg (166 KB, 870x943) Image search: [Google]
25385729.jpg
166 KB, 870x943
>>338090552
Which one of these games has anime tiddies?
>>
>>338092778
Avoid HLD like the plague unless you want a clear demonstration how 30FPS ruins potentially decent gameplay (it wouldn't be good in 60FPS but it would have been playable).

Also if you want to buy it keep in mind that their Kickstarter was a scam due to many promises not being fulfilled in the shipped product.
>>
>>338092778
HLD is locked at 30fps and feels really shit to play since its so fast paced, it actually affects gameplay in this case.
It's also a very shitty kickstarter game that promised a lot and delivered on nothing. Supporting it would mean the dev can get away with it again and will never learn his lesson, it's only a shadow of its former self. don't do it or at least pirate it.
It's also very minimalistic and the typical pretentious modern indie game.

S&S is a metroidvania game with Souls aspects mixed in. Devs deserve support if only to afford a better artist next time.
>>
>>338093416
Art in Salt and Sanctuary is shit but it's better than majority of other indieshit. The only thing that's really horrendous are character models.
>>
>>338093317
DOTA and FFX/X-2
maybe DS3 but idk if it has a titty monster like the first two did
>>
>>338093535
Every animation in that game looks like shit, because it looks like it's made with half-assed Spriter bones.
>>
>>338092778
You can't really compare the two, to be honest. If you like Metroidvanias(Think SotN with deeper character customization and slightly slower combat) play S&S. If you think you'd like a topdown Zelda game with more of a focus on exploration and fast-paced combat, play Hyperlight.
>>
The character faces are disgusting and animations look like shit
>>
>>338086558

Played it back on PS4 during the release. Loved it. In fact, I unexpectedly had more fun playing through this world than I did with Dark Souls 3. Haven't even brought myself to finish DS3 to be honest.
>>
>>338093724
It (animation model) reminded me of a game that some Russian/Slav made in the spirit of Contra but it's vastly better than Salt and Sanctuary overall. Forgot the name.
>>
>>338090396
No thats /v/ as a whole. This place has become shit
>>
>>338086558
I actually didn't know it was out, it looked pretty interesting from what I saw but I've heard magic breaks the game so I'll be avoiding that for my first playthrough at least
>>
>>338094348
There is no board on the internet where you can have good discussion about vidya all the time
>>
It's great

But I recommend to any Souls player to change the controls to a more familiar layout, it'll really help you out
>>
>>338094659
>>338094348

/v/ is not conducive to discussing anything that requires several paragraphs of text to properly hash out, because threads are ephemeral and very few will invest the energy to write such text just to have it relegated to archival.
Such text would be paste-binned or compiled into a wikia entry, and then linked to in a general thread on /vg/, if the game was relevant enough to justify that kind of effort.

So even productive discussion of games on /v/ will be superficial. Someone might tell you where to find things, tell you why they think the movement in a game is shit, or give you their thoughts on its art style. If you want a detailed analysis of gravity in a mario game it's not going to be on /v/.
>>
Good game
>>
>>338095526
i don't want to discuss video games with anyone giving a detailed analysis of gravity in a mario video game, i think several paragraphs back and forth are the optimal form of discussion, if i want a longform i'll either read it or write it myself.

i do want a board free of memery but 4chan userbase isn't getting older so that's impossible.
>>
>>338095845
I can't prove it, but I suspect that the average age of everything that isn't a "social networking site" is increasing. Subsequent waves of Internet users have opted to gravitate toward selectively-walled gardens, so they don't have to deal with anything that they don't like.

I think there's just a lot of people that use /v/ to blow off steam by shitposting.
>>
it's because the only reason this game had any traction was because people were jonesing for Dark Souls 3 when it came out.
That's not the case with the PC release so nobody cares.
>>
>>338096542
>I think there's just a lot of people that use /v/ to blow off steam by shitposting.

And 4chan overall. But I'm pretty sure the demographics of this site aren't getting older, quite the contrary. I have no idea where do 30+ people go on the Internet to discuss things.
>>
>>338096780
>I have no idea where do 30+ people go on the Internet to discuss things.
Literally all the same places you do. I'm 31. There's not some magic age when 'old' people just fuck off into beige sweater vests and loafers.
>>
>>338096780
I think people just stick to the things they've used until they die for good. Getting old hasn't made me give more of a shit about people acting like retards on 4chan than I did when I wasn't old.

As for more serious discourse I have been on mailing lists related to technical subjects I've been interested in for about two decades. I come here mostly to talk about Chinese cartoons, and to a lesser degree to make autistic people angry.
>>
>>338097754
I think /tg/ might be the best board to talk about mechanics, even for a video game. Shame that /tv/ is such a shit board because I like cinema. Etc.
>>
File: Based.jpg (51 KB, 1012x564) Image search: [Google]
Based.jpg
51 KB, 1012x564
Played it on ps4 when it came out, It was pretty fun and held my attention to the end unlike most 2d games do, it's pretty derivative but the whole metroidvania map with souls combat works well.
>>
File: 1.png (217 KB, 338x301) Image search: [Google]
1.png
217 KB, 338x301
>try to make girl character
>it's exactly the same shit as males, except with some extra eyelining
>>
>>338090130
Rolling is only punished if you're fat rolling.
>>
File: 20160518195210_1.jpg (202 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160518195210_1.jpg
202 KB, 1920x1080
I've played for 4 hours and I'm finding it really hard to keep playing it. It's just clunky.
>>
>>338096780
>I have no idea where do 30+ people go on the Internet to discuss things
most thread on /vg/ is fine, they simply just become hugbox when there's no trip fags posting
>>
>>338099249
I think the main point with /v/ nowadays is that it's painfully obvious that shills steer discussion because they are tasked to canvas both 4chan and reddit and push capeshit and AAA vidya threads.
>>
>>338098759
That's enough for something to be female for some of you fags.
>>
File: dex v str.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
dex v str.webm
1 MB, 640x360
its pretty good desu senpai
>>
>>338099146

don't be afraid to call it boring, anon

souls games have always been shit, and souls clones are like the most retarded fashion trend in gaming history

inb4 git gud SALTY pkek XDDDD
>>
>>338099956
Nice memes
>>
>>338086558
Meme game
>>
Looked sort of interesting, but apparently the reviews are saying it's pretty short which makes me want to wait for a sale since it's strictly single player anyway.
>>
I feel like some of these bosses are just obnoxious. Some of the damage values make no sense for the attack animations; what look like huge attacks sometimes deal very little, while quick swipes could wipe you out fast as fuck.

Beyond that its fun. Playing it coop has been fucking radical. Greatswords for life.
>>
>>338099650
the anti-shill meme is more painful sometimes, like I really want to have a nice discussion of starbreak but I don't even bother to start a thread, I can foresee the "fuckoff shill" shitposting ahead
>>
>>338099869
wow you are really fucking bad. it should not take that long to fight that guy.
>>
>>338099869
the best way to farm salt/gold/lord's order and some pearl is kill this monster at mel's floating castle over and over, they are weak against strike damage and magics
>>
>>338094113
Intrusion 2?
>>
>>338101350
>Intrusion 2
that's QWOP tier animation
>>
Pretty alright
It's castlevania with some souls elements ripped off and more rpg elements added
Lacks polish though, rolls feel inconsistent and overall animations are complete ass, so is the character design

Only played like an hour though but so far I would put more hours into it
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.