[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are you still mad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1430486747099.png (515 KB, 880x699) Image search: [Google]
1430486747099.png
515 KB, 880x699
are you still mad?
>>
No, Mass Effect is a shit series for fedora doning neckbeards, so it never effected me too badly.
>>
>>338081608
nigga, u still mad
>>
File: 1455472871656.jpg (49 KB, 400x438) Image search: [Google]
1455472871656.jpg
49 KB, 400x438
>>338081463
Why would I be mad about a series I never played past 1?
Didn't even connect with any character.

>MFW KOTOR2 makes up for this trash series
>>
>>338081463
That's what you get for supporting bad companies.

Same applies for Bethesda
>>
Casey Hudson seems like a nice guy and he who was the only one who obviously took it to heart when shit went down.

Mac Walters and the Biowares Forums Crew is where the cancer was
>>
I honestly didn't mind the ending.

If you watched Battlestar Galactica and knew how much Mass Effect is based on it, you'd see it coming.
>>
>>338081463
Yep. Fuck Bioware
>>
I just don't know how they could do that to Yvonne Strahovski
>>
>>338082542
The problem is that the ending didnt make sense and didnt fit into the Story.

The fact that the AI lives on the Citadel completely calls into questions everything from ME1 because everything was centered around Sovereign finding out what happened and trying to open the Citadel Relay

The AI living on the Citadel would have seen the Protheans make the modification and would have called Sovereign to clean out the Citadel
>>
>>338081463
I still have 2 other characters just waiting to get transferred to 3, it will never happen. One playthrough killed my interest in the entire franchise.
>>
>>338082542
what does bsg have to do with it. mess effect didn't have the reapers attacking humans because they wanted to go be monothesists by themselves or have ashley be the greatest fighter pilot who guided shepard to the reaper server backup datacenter to kill them and then vanished into thin air because her home planet needed her.
>>
Mass Effect is representative of how fucked gaming became basically overnight.

ME1 was a game with clearly a lot of love put into it, that came from a place of passion. The universe was great, the writing was great, the tech was a little wonky but overall it was well designed and true to itself.

Then the game was financially a success, EA bought them and brought lots of new people on and wanted to turn the series into a big franchise. Mass Effect 2 was a noticeably more "consumer-friendly" product, and only glimpses of the same passion and ideas from 1 were still present. The gameplay was better, yes, but it felt much more shallow and more like something designed by a committee of executives. The only part that felt like it lived up to the original was the writing-- not the story, mind you, just the character writing. Most of the good ideas from 1 that just needed more work were cut instead of fixed.

Then with that being even more successful, it was time to make this shit into full AAA mode, despite the fact that BioWare clearly had neither the man-power or budget for that kind of game and it showed in the crappy animations and graphics. By this time I imagine very few of the ones who worked on 1 were left. It was completely taken over by stupid people like Hudson and EA execs. Luckily the character writing was still OVERALL pretty strong, but the story had taken a massive nosedive and any ambition the series once had to actually be a vast RPG was gone.

ME2 was when I realized that every game from then on was going to be simpler, dumber and safer than the last.

>>338082534
He was still the egotistic jackass that ruined the series and was responsible for the ending.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.