[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some games where I can control a massive fleet of spaceships
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 19_01_13_ENVIRO_EXT_03A.png (811 KB, 1000x506) Image search: [Google]
19_01_13_ENVIRO_EXT_03A.png
811 KB, 1000x506
What are some games where I can control a massive fleet of spaceships into battle?
>>
>>338065226
Where you pilot one yourself at the same time?

Most likely none, too much micro management.
>>
>>338066006
Not necessarily, it could be an RTS styled game. I just want huge spacebattles.
>>
>>338066089
Then look into the Homeworld series if you want a 3D plane spess RTS.

Those battles can get pretty fucking massive, and they are pretty entertaining to just sit back and watch.

Then there's Sins of a Solar Empire, classic spess 4x with some sizeable space battles.

If you want something 2D then I highly recommend giving Starsector a look, its kind of mount & blade mixed with SPAZ. Just make sure you can grab one of the big mod packs.
>>
>>338066836
Thanks, I'll definitely check those out. Sounds fun.
>>
>>338065226
Best option is home world. Its been recently remastered. Probably my favorite game.
>>
File: citadel_m_damage_states.jpg (868 KB, 2412x1418) Image search: [Google]
citadel_m_damage_states.jpg
868 KB, 2412x1418
>>338065226
EVE online, after you build a decent corp
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodbath_of_B-R5RB
>>
>>338067589
Eve takes such a long time though, and there's way more downtime than actual battles.
>>
>>338066836
SPAZ 2 just came out into early access, seems neat after 3.5 years in development. Fully-ish complete, mostly bug fixes left.

Theres also the new Master of Orion early access too, with fun space fight, although it might take a couple hours of preparation before actually fighting.

Gratuiteous Space Battles is also a huge space battle game, although passive.

Space Chunks 2 is a fun 2D space combat game where you can have a small fleet of your own if you upgrade a certain trait. This one is freeware.

Theres also Homeworld like most said, although I find it too stressful to enjoy.
>>
>>338065226
Freelancer
Project Sylpheed
Strike Suit Zero
Leveron Space
>>
>>338065226
X series, I would recommend X3 Albion Prelude + overhaul mod (xrm or litcubes)
>>
>>338067589
>participating in laggy nullblob shit
>not elite wormhole PVP
>>
>>338065226
X3AP with LU mod.
>>
>>338071042
>>
>>338067304

Fuck the remaster. It completely broke formations and shit because they used a new engine.
>>
Homeworld 1, 2 and Cataclysm
Conquest Frontier Wars
Star Trek Armada 1 and 2
Legend of Galatic Heroes (2008 is the RTS one)
StarWars Empire at War (the space battles are great but the ground ones suck)
Sins of a Solar Empire
Star Ruler 1 and 2 (it's especially awesome because you can design and scale ships yourself, making them as big as you can afford them. It's also possible to destory planets and blow up black holes but that takes half the galaxy with it)
>>
>>338072280
How's Sins of a Solar empire? I've been meaning to check it out but haven't heard much more other than that it's a 4x game.
>>
>>338072513
It's pretty good but the economy is rather simple, it's more of a RTS with 4X elements than a proper 4X. Just get SoaSE Rebellion, the other Sins versions are all older.
The main downside is that it's 32bit and single-threaded - playing with lots of AI in a huge universe can cause slowdowns in late-game from all the ship spam.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.