[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LITERALLY (literally) impossible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10
LITERALLY (literally) impossible
>>
If it makes you feel any better, I've just started playing DS (starting with 1) and I can't even beat Taurus Demon.
>>
>>338060202
just go up the ladder and do a dropping attack
>>
>>338060009
Literally 1 try

>>338060202
Explore the area where you fight him, remember the asylum boss

Have fun, dont give up
You will git gud soober or later
>>
>>338060009
I found him pretty hard.
Then I learnt that if you stay close and roll to the left every time he attacks the boss becomes mentally retarded
>>
>>338060202
Don't give up, you will manage. Having just played ds1 and 2 in preparation for 3 I tell you: you're in for a good time. Even if it seems a bit clunky at first and everything seem very hard don't give up, at some point everything magically clicks. I'm very glad I decided to try out the games and stuck with it when at the start it seemed very iffy
>>
Jesus, Pat even killed this guy on his first try. How about you stop wasting our time and you git gud?
>>
just wait until you get the most artificially difficult boss in the game: nameless king
>>
>>338061023
>Pat even killed this guy on his first try.
because he was overlevelled and looked it up online
>>
>>338061110
>the optional superboss is too hard
>>
>>338061226
its hard literally only because of the camera and un-necessary decision to make it a two phase boss fight despite the second phase having loads of HP anyway
>>
I was overleveled when i fought him by farming the firewitches.
However the lowriders in dragon barracks and grand archive still kicked my ass.
>>
>>338061110
The thing is, this boss is like what, a few hours (probably more but beside the point) in? By that point you won't be completely decked out in crazy gear and weapons, as opposed to the Nameless King who most will fight even after they've already finished the game, since he is optional and all.
It's the same reason why people find O&S so hard, because you fight them a quarter/halfway into the game, and you won't have a ton of crazy gear and experience on your back.
>>
>spend 5 minutes rolling around evading his attacks
>he finally does that one relatively slow move
>run in to punish
>NNNNOPE LE INSTANT UNAVOIDABLE SHITTY HITBOX SUDDEN SWING THAT DOES 90% OF YOUR HEALTH BAR :^)
REEEEEEEE

>>338061023
Pat is a guide reading overleveled cuck who turtles with an estoc, he was basically cheating
>>
>>338061023
He was level 70.
That's end game level.
>>
Can we fucking stop with the meme that souls games are hard and just come to the conclusion that the players themselves are retarded?

The game gives you more than enough OP shit to roflstomp literally everything.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxLQpos_4uw

LITERALLY impossible!
>>
>>338061617
They can be as easy or hard as you want. And incredibly easy of you know what you're doing.

>infuse raw/fire weapon
>only level up Vigor and Stamina
>Steamroll everything in the game.
>>
File: 1436148543170.png (301 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1436148543170.png
301 KB, 500x333
>>338061741
>Just kept parrying him and sitting there watching him stand around like an idiot
Pure disrespect.
>>
>>338061023
Fuck that nigger, he is ridiculously overleveled and is using the estoc.
>>
>>338060415
>mfw rolling right instead of left on every boss
>>
If you use a shield he's easy mode. Although that is true of every aspect of this game/series.
>>
>>338062176
Hardcore
>>
>>338061741
>you can parry him
What the fuck, how are you supposed to know this? Is this how they expect you to deal with the artificial difficulty unending combos? You literally can't defend this
>>
>>338061741

I tried getting used to parrying the 2nd time I fought this boss. Videos like this make me realize I should just stick to rolling.
>>
>>338060009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yav45hJMNmA
this faggot did it on his first try
>>
>>338060202
Hug his legs after dispatching the crossbow chucklefucks. Most bosses work like that, keeping your distance is futile.

>>338060009
You could try summoning me outside the boss door. At least a few dozen people before you did that :^)
>>
This is the only boss in the game I beat on my first try.
>>
OP here, tried again and beat him in my first try with parries, bravo hackyazaki
>>
>you cant use estoc or any straight sword or your a shitter
>You cant use duel charms because "muh build revolves around magic or your a faggot
>Dont use greatswords use ultra greatswords or you're bad

you literally have to cuck your build by not using dumb weapons and not using "op" weapons in order to appear "honorable" in these peoples eyes

Fuck you and your made up meta im invading you with my refined dark sword and im gonna r1 spam and chug sippys while you faggots type up that hate message.
>>
>>338063201
huhehuahehahuheuhaehaeahehuaheuaheuahueaheuaheuhuahehuaheuaheaheuauehuahuehuhauehhaehuhauehuaheaheuhuaheuhauheuhuaheuhaeuh
>>
>>338061110
I had a harder time with the final boss though I still think Abyss Walkers are the most BS and difficult fight.
>>
File: 1450046936438.png (458 KB, 600x609) Image search: [Google]
1450046936438.png
458 KB, 600x609
>>338063201
>im invading you with my refined dark sword and im gonna r1 spam
Thanks for the free kill
>>
>filename
>pontiff boss guide
>OP looks up a guide and still can't beat this casual filter
>>
File: shfdp.jpg (95 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
shfdp.jpg
95 KB, 640x480
>>338061741
>>
>>338063373
Artificially difficult, not difficult.
Lord of Cinders hard but fun to fight.
One of the few things I look forward to when doing a new playthrough.
>>
>>338060202
Considering it's your first souls game that shouldn't make him feel better at all. Beating the taurus demon in your first ever souls game feels like much more an achievement and gives much more satisfaction than beating beating this guy as a veteran.
>>
>>338062274
just mess around in game damn
>>
>>338060202
hey me too :D
I just got to anor londo though.
>>
>>338060009
I killed him on my 3rd try.
If i can kill him then you can without a doubt
>>
>>338061603
How was he even level 70?

That's a ridiculous level to be by pontiff, considering most people end the game at around 85
>>
>>338064172
He grinded like crazy in road of sacrifices. Before crystal sage he was lvl 64 and had full black knight set.
>>
>>338064172
I stopped leveling at 50 and I beat pontiff at that level as well, doing yhorm first. I could easily be at least level 60 / 70 at this point if I didn't put up a cap at that level.

At this point I've got every spell for sale so far, all armor sets and a life supply of firebombs and other consumables.
>>
>>338063201
>things salty casuals say because they got buttblasted when called out on their handicaps

I actually perfer to see invaders using these weapons. It doesn't matter if the weapons they use are even modded 9 times out of 10 because they are already so bad having to rely on the most broken weapon that they can be outplayed with minimal effort.
>>
>>338060009
Took me like 10 tries to beat him, and then the 1st time I got him to 2nd phase I beat him. I don't know how that works.
>>
>>338064595
yeah it's easy to reach that level by pontiff if you go out of your way to not buy anything and only focus on level up. I buy every piece of equipment and spell I can get though because if there is something that previous Souls games have taught me is that equipment is king in this game.

Plus those feather arrows aren't cheap.
>>
He was a little harder than Artorias I think.
>>
File: 1450939370979.jpg (13 KB, 311x353) Image search: [Google]
1450939370979.jpg
13 KB, 311x353
>soda can for a head

Pontiff 'Soda Pop' Sully
>>
>>338063661
>Artificially difficult

What, the camera in p1? P1 is so easy why even mention it? You could also just not lock on
>>
>>338065464
You cant even see the attacks the king is doing if you're not locked on so it's retarded, also the camera goes full retard in second phase too when he dashes around, it unlocks the camera for absolutely no reason.
>>
>>338064905
Usually I do my shopping halfway through the game. Leveling is my top priority in my first play through, I blame the min-maxer in me for that.

On my more focused characters like my jack of all trade low level spell caster I shop leisurely. A smart caster is prepared for anything.

Having all kinds of handy utility spells when you're being summoned is fun. Light, chameleon, heals, pyromancy and soul arrows catch a host off guard in a good way.
>>
>>338061457
>O&S

Another big problem with fat boy slim is weapon upgrade level. A lot of people come in with a +10 weapon, but you can easily have a +15 weapon by that point, or a fully upgraded flame weapon. Depending on which upgrade path you took and how much you explored the fight can be much harder or easier. Also there's fire keeper souls which you might miss
>>
>>338060009
Is Pontiff Sulyvahn the biggest asshole in the Souls series?
>>
>>338062207
I'm doing a shieldless dex build and it's the easiest run I've done with my first time halberd build only being slightly better in certain situations.
Weapon speed matters significantly more than shields because rolling is just so flawlessly easy in Dark Souls 3.

Shields don't start becoming real easy mode until you get into the high stability greatshields that have the right resists for the opponent you are fighting.
>>
>>338060009
Nameless King is far worse
>>
File: black_knight_glaive[1].png (17 KB, 198x265) Image search: [Google]
black_knight_glaive[1].png
17 KB, 198x265
OFFICIAL DARK SOULS III PVP WEAPON TIER LIST

GOD TIER:
weapons with full health wombo combo (Black Knight Glaive, carthus rouge Spiked Mace, Lucerne)
white hair talisman
caestus

High Tier:
weapons with high AR (black knight greataxe, Dragonslayer Greataxe, fume knight)
estoc
dark sword
pyromancy flame

Mid Tier:
Straight Swords
Great Swords
Great Hammers

Low Tier:
all magic and miracles

Shit Tier:
other weapons
>>
>>338065983
>easily have a +15 weapon
Pretty sure only the giant knights have a very small chance to drop chunks at that point. I remember farming them for hours to upgrade my weapon some
>>
>>338064172

Wait, 85? I finished my first play through at exactly 100 and I don't remember doing any significant farming. Granted, I don't really buy much in my runs outside of what I plan on using (STR build, 2H UGS).
>>
>>338065712
You barely have to rely on strong visual feedback if you get the first phase properly memorized.
The game basically felt like it was telling me when to dodge.
His quick spear thrust is the only attack that ever really hit me and I still think that the camera is unmitigated shit in that fight because the souls camera has always been just barely passable at keeping large enemies in frame.
>>
>>338060009
LITERALLY (literally) first attempt blind run.
>>
>>338063739
that's literally wrong though, I'm ready to bet only the top 1% percentile of dark souls players ever died to Taurus demon more than twice, I mean for fuck sake
>>
>>338066968
you can get chunks and slabs pretty easily from New Londo by killing darkwraiths, and the drop rate for chunks isn't too bad. There's also a few guaranteed chunks in New Londo.

You need to lower the New Londo water to get the ember anyway if you want a +15 weapon that isn't a spear (you can just downgrade the lighting spear to get a +15 without the ember)
>>
Why are blade of darkmoons such retards?

I haven't met a competent one yet. First two were AFK, third one used a goofy as fuck lance that he didn't know how to use and the fourth one got rekt by a fucking zweihander of all things.

I'm trying to do you fuckers a favor, what's wrong with you.
>>
File: 6485.png (345 KB, 2635x1482) Image search: [Google]
6485.png
345 KB, 2635x1482
>>338061741
Talk about bending over the boss and making him your bitch. This dude took "git gud" to a whole other level.
>>
>>338067204
But youw wouldn't know all that shit without a guide/ previous experience
>>
>>338067370
he's obviously over leveled and tried this shit hundreds of time
>>
File: 1461977059092.jpg (12 KB, 316x236) Image search: [Google]
1461977059092.jpg
12 KB, 316x236
beat him on my second try in NG and my first in NG+
>>
File: MoonlightGreatsword.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MoonlightGreatsword.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
It's ok, OP, its pretty tough using a slower weapon against him
magic is harder to use since the nerf but MLGS is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DogoYQ2K7LQ
>>
>>338067415
the only unintuitive thing you need to do is kill the guy in the red robe. Other than that, it's just exploring the level and opening up the treasure chests for the ember and the garunteed chunks
>>
>>338067445
>overleveled
that guy is clearly level 1, look at his bars

he definitely had a lot of tries though, judging by the blood stain
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 1280x1829) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 1280x1829
Do people actually think pontiff is this hard??? Or is it just a meme???? I beat him my 4th try blind. Subsequent playthrus I learned how to parry him consistently and now I rarely ever lose to him. Great boss fight, great music, great lore, not as hard as people say though.
>>
>>338067580
>MLGS is good

it's shit. It has bad scaling, a bad moveset, bad damage, and there's no advantage to different damage types. Even on an int build you're better off with a longsword or rapier.

MLGS was really strong in all the other souls games but in DS3 right now it's just worthless
>>
>>338068062
>bad damage
sure, it's not a dragonslayer axe or a fume ugs but you can get easily 600 AR on it with almost 450 of it being pure magic
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.