[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which bosses gave you the most trouble? For me it's gotta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12
File: Fq3XnM6r21Q.jpg (51 KB, 427x604) Image search: [Google]
Fq3XnM6r21Q.jpg
51 KB, 427x604
Which bosses gave you the most trouble? For me it's gotta be the twin princes, spent over fifty tries on them. Nameless King is giving me grief right now too, I'm at try 21. Surprisingly champion gundyr only took me three tries. All very frustrating when other people you know one or two shot most bosses.
>>
>>338055264
Pontiff, about 8 or 9 tries.

The other bosses that people have troubles with went down surprisingly easily.
Dancer: 2 tries
Champ Gundyr: 2
Twin Princes: 4
Nameless Kinh: 5
Aldritch: 2
>>
>>338055264
At SL1 without upgrading weapons, it was definitly Sulyvanh.

>inb4 just parry
Yeah, shit is easy until he summons that fucking shadow.

Twin Princes was also a pain. Nameless King was surprisingly easy. It just takes a lot of time to chip his health bar.
>>
Pontiff

He's just way too fucking aggressive with an unpredictable moveset
>>
>>338055264
Nameless: 8
Lord of Cinder: 9
Abyss Watches: 10
Pontiff: 4
Aldrich: 1
I was SL45 for Sully and Allie but I felt over levelled. SL60 for Lord and King.
>>
Princes are pretty easy.
All of the bosses are easy except for Nameless and Cinder I guess, even then they're not that bad. Probably died around 10-15 on each.
>>
>>338057664
Also I was SL20 for the Abysswatchers and they were the most trouble I had. Everyone else was fine. I nearly beat the Princes on my first try at SL50, I find the attacks incredibly easy to dodge.
>>
Dried finger, summon 3. Dancer was a laugh.
>>
Most bosses took me 2ish tries but the nameless King took me roughly 9 because I couldn't get his second form down
>>
Died less than 5 times to most bosses except Cinder, Nameless, Crystal Sage, Princes, Pontiff. Sage isn't that hard I was just underlevelled and getting destroyed by magic/bad strategy. But the other 4 are probably the hardest in the game for sure.
>>
>>338055264
Champion Gundyr gave me the most shit, I feel like he was more of a super boss than Nameless King.
>>
Cinder and Champ gave me some trouble. In my defense, Champ's area gives me some really bad fps on my toaster.
>>
>>338055264
None, i always summon 3 sunbros
>>
>>338055930
>Dancer: 2 tries

dancer 20 times. gave up and killed her with bow in the second form.
>>
File: 20160517215453_1.jpg (464 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160517215453_1.jpg
464 KB, 1920x1080
Twin Princes for my pure caster character. Took me 11-15 tries
>>
Gundyr was the hardest for me. Didn't know I could parry him so I did the entire fight trying to find openings.
>>
>>338057808
The attacks are super easy to dodge. The only thing from that fight that gave me trouble was Lorian's kamehameha blast that would usually OHKO me if I didn't dodge at exactly the right time.
>>
>>338055264
The ledge in the Firelink bell tower with the firekeeper set is the hardest boss in the game.
>>
>>338056458
>without upgrading weapons

What the fuck are you using? How long does it take you to kill most bosses?
>>
>>338058341

How? When I did it first playthrough with my pyro character. I literally just spammed chaos fire orb and killed them ridiculously fast. Did you just refuse to level any vigor and get 1 or 2 shot?
>>
not really hard the least fun boss: the Giant Lord. I just don't have the patience for that shit.
>>
>Pat beat Pontiff first try
>PAT

I thought most /v/irgins said it was the hardest?
>>
>>338058715
Lothric has an annoyingly high magic resistance.
>>
>>338055264
Sullyvan.
Finished the game 3 times. Never managed to beat him without summon.
Lost count to how many times i died to him trying to beat it on my own.

Gundyr, Nameless King? All pussies where i died 2 times at most. But Sullyvan? God have mercy, i can't beat the guy.
>>
Champion Gundyr gave me more trouble than anyone else. Nameless King was easier for me than Soul of Cinder.
>>
Only bosses i didnt kill in 2 or less attempts are crystal sage, nameless king and that tree fucker

Crystal sage was the hardest for me no idea why
Pontiff, dancer, gundyr, aldrich, those two homoerotic brothers, oceiros all died on one or two tries
Im not even that good and im not talking shit but

I dont know i found ds3 too gimmicky, too short and i feel like something is missing
Ds2 for all the crap had more length in its locations and the bosses were much harder
Ds3 is too fast and cuts locations after a few minutes, its dark souls with ADD just like modern fps games play like on speed
>>
>>338058847
People find different bosses easy or hard. Who would've thought
>>
>>338058495
Not him but I did a similar run. I think I spent almost 10 minutes on Nameless. It can be longer depending on how many times he decides to fly in the first part of the fight.
>>
>>338058847
Pretty sure Pat is like 30 levels higher than the intended when he fought the Pontiff
>>
>>338055264
Aldritch and Nameless King. Aldritch isn't hard at all, he just spams unavoidable arrows that give you no choice but to run away and then blasts you with his faggot beams when you run out of stamina. After 30 tries and I said fuck it and just went apeshit on him. Suprisingly, being aggressive instead of defensive won me the fight. As for Nameless King, he's just a dick.
>>
Probably Abyss Watchers, Dragonslayer Armor, and Nameless, I wanted to do them solo so it took a while.

Shame cause first time I got to Abyss I got him down to 2 pixels while I had no Estus left myself, we both hit each other but sadly he still had 1 more pixel. Took about an hour or so after that.
>>
>>338059221
>Ds2 for all the crap had more length in its locations and the bosses were much harder

not even close. all the bosses you mention are far tougher and less gimmicky that DS2 bosses.
>>
Ocerios
After spending 15 years trying to kill the dancer at level 30ish, fighting that asshat was even worse.
He has so much fucking health, and his second phase annoys the shit out of me.
His fucking dash is literally not telegraphed at all, so when i'm underneath him, chopping away at his thighs, he can at any given moment just fucking dash away instantly with no warning, and do 70% of my health.
>>
>>338059221
DS2 main game bosses were easy. DLC bosses were harder but still meh.

Personally, I felt DS3 bosses were harder than DS2 main game, but easier than DS2 DLC.
>>
Champ Gundyr got me to stay up until 5am until I remembered parrying existed,
>>
>>338059630
Really?
I felt like half of the bosses in 3 were
Do this to win, jump here to kill, use this to kill

In 2 i had to relearn rolling and when ti hit things, the bosses were kinda lame and generic but much harder for me

Maybe im talking out of my ass as im really mixed on ds3
Its better than 2 but not as good as 1 but its too short, you go through places too quickly and i found bosses too easy and normal enemies annoying
>>
>>338058847
Pat was level 70 with a +6 Estoc. He didn't even play that well, and ate almost every attack, but since he's so overleveled he wasn't overwhelmed by it.
>>
the princes took me 11 tries, i was having trouble finding an appropriate time to swing my UGS.
nameless, pontiff and cinder took 5 tries as well, rest were either first or second tried. some of the bosses felt much harder on a str build.
>>
>>338059956
>Its better than 2 but not as good as 1 but its too short, you go through places too quickly and i found bosses too easy and normal enemies annoying
I felt this as well. The profaned capital was such a letdown. I was expecting a huge area until I reached the throne room with Yhorm. I was really disappointed when I realized how close to the bonfire Yhorm was.
>>
>people actually find Abyss Watchers hard

Nigga just spam r1 or do a charged r2 with any UGS. He gets stunlocked so easily its ridiculous, he also doesn't have that much hp.
>>
>>338055264
Aldritch and dancer each got me at least 4 times. Plus fighting dancer right after aldritch fucked me up
>>
File: 1462936670300.jpg (68 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1462936670300.jpg
68 KB, 800x600
spent over 20 tries on nameless king, then summoned a phantom and beat him first try

I regretted it ever since
>>
>>338061049
Go beat him again alone, fag.
>>
File: 1448628683684.png (56 KB, 210x212) Image search: [Google]
1448628683684.png
56 KB, 210x212
Dark souls babby myself

Nameless King took more than 40+ tries
Aldrich took 20+ tries
Pontiff took 30+ tries

Soul of Cinder I got on my first try

Gave up on champ gundyr after 50+ tries
And fuck Crystal Sage, like fucking honestly. I'm so fucking trash that I can't dodge any of the clone sages attacks.

Fuck being shit, I want to git gud.
>>
Nameless King, Champion, Twin Princes and Pontiff took each 6-7 attempts.

Though the twins were a bit special, I just couldn't do it with my Cathedral Knight Greatsword. Even after attacking just once I couldn't recover in time and they kept bitchslapping me.
Once I upgraded and switched to my starting axe I plowed them on the first go.
>>
>>338060372
THIS SO MUCH
The are had such a build up

Also
Irithyll
Anor fucking londo is just that room where you go fight biggy smalls
Lothric castle is a walkway and 3 rooms, GRAND ARCHIVES ARE A SINGLE 5MIN LEVEL

Dukes was a few hours long when you first entered them damn it

I think what ds3 is missing is some kind of culminating point for those areas which should have been bigger
Yes ds2 was linear as fuck but there was more proper locations to explore
Ds3 plays like a breeze and feels like one too
>>
>>338055264
Nameless King because the camera is shit
Deacons of the Deep on my first attempt because I was using a spear. (I changed to a straight sword on my second try and suddenly everything became a lot easier)
>>
File: 1455503063762.gif (3 MB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
1455503063762.gif
3 MB, 440x330
>>338061407
>refuse to summon for pontiff
>first playthrough, running flame-uichi and DEX
>get my as furiously wrecked by pontiff's agressive as fuck mechanics

>that feeling when I was finally able to reliably parry his opening charge

Most rewarding fight to solo, proudest souls moment I've had since soloing Artorias at SL30 to get the tracers for a gank build
>>
>>338055930
>>338055264
>>338057664
>>338057808
>>338058137
>>338058286
>>338058329
>>338058341
>>338059124
>>338059198
>>338059796
>>338061407
>>338061458

i love how the launch of a new souls game brings out all the casuls lurking on /v/

i like to laugh at you people
>>
File: 1456046765054.jpg (40 KB, 370x480) Image search: [Google]
1456046765054.jpg
40 KB, 370x480
>>338061954
I'm a hardcore memer you fuck

have some (You)
>>
>Female Boss
>Naked or has tight clothing

Why are From not checking their privileges?
>>
>>338061832
Summoning gives bosses more hp
Pontiff would get much harder if you bring someone else there

The ghost dies fsst solo but dunno if he gets 50% more hp it would get scary
>>
>>338061564
>>338060372
>>338059956
>>338059221

tbqh i think history will prove that das2 was the best game in the series. its the biggest, hardest, best pvp and covenants, most gear, power stancing was great

the only thing it lacked was a certain charm and sense of, at the risk of sounding like a fag, wonder compared to DaS and DeS
>>
>>338055264
Pontiff and Nameless, but that's only because I was a full retard strength build using 2handed only and my attacks were slow as shit.
>>
>>338061407
I don't understand this when people say it.

Crystal Sage isn't a boss, its like Pinwheel version 1.0.1. At level 35ish with a +3 weapon, which is what you should have by that point, you only need to deal with the Sage 4 times, that is attack, it teleports, attack, it teleports, attack, it summons clones, attack, it dies.

The only threat is the opening charge, where you have to close the distance and dodge the missiles that really can't even one-shot you. She won't attack you once you're in her face hitting her, so 80% of her HP bar is just you smacking her, waiting in mid, rushing her as soon as she ports, repeat.

When clones show up, they have 1 HP each. Just run around and offhand attack them or throw a dagger at them until you find the real one. Hell you shouldn't have used ANY estus so far, so you should have at least 7 or so for the last 20% of her HP alone. If anything hits you, just chug one and tank through it, boss dies in 3-4 hits once you find her in the clones.
>>
>>338062292
Don't think so. Unless the future generations become extremely alienated and do some historic revisionism. A game is always more than the sum of it's parts. And when you look at the whole thing, it simply doesn't compare to the other games in the series.
>>
>>338062246
I've actually summoned Anri and Gotthard for Pontiff and if you can get them to aggro him, you can pretty much just attack him non-stop. Both summons will die but at that point Pontiff will only have a sliver of health.
>>
>>338055264
Nameless King and Lord of Cinder.
But mostly because by the time I got to them I wasnt feeling like finishing the game so it took me longer to memorize their movesets.
>>
>>338062890
Is that sword good?
>>
>>338062890
>Lord of Cinder.

I keep seeing people call it that. It sets my teeth on edge.
>>
>>338063028
Yes, the moveset is probably the fastest in the game.
Though the special wind attack is more stylish than useful. For PvP its fun but not strong enough to finish off people fast.
>>
>>338062292
As someone who has played all the soulsbourne games in the span of 2 months. Dark souks 2 will always be considerd the miles worse than everything even with the great dlc. Thats just how bad the base game is. Das=bb>ds3=des>>>>>ds2
>>
>>338055264
How many images are in this set?
>>
>>338063028
It used to have the infinite stunlock combo but the damage was average.
>>
>>338062607

i honestly preferred it to DaS 1 at the time, and i think while DaS 3 is brilliant and a solid contender for GOTY it lacks originality and is FAR too short. many areas are literally a 2 minute walk from one side to the other. without all the nostaligic call backs to earlier games in the series it would simply be a lacklustre addition to the series- short, messy PvP and broken covenants, SS are OP in PvE and UGS are OP in PvP, offensive faith magic and pyro are all useless. theres currently 2 sensible ways to play the game and both are boring, and the only difference is your choice of sword

DaS was outstanding, but it wasnt as original as DeS, it was easier by far, especially in the early patches. had better lore but a worse world than DeS

DaS2 is the longest game by far, also the hardest. has a lot of unique mechanics. better range of viable builds for PvE and PvP. i honestly think its the best. next time SoTFS goes on sale i'm getting it and playing through
>>
>just hit the 50 hour mark
>haven't even beaten the game yet
Got to lotric castle with one character and then I just nope'd and started making new characters.
>>
Post more Dancer
>>
>nfw Nameless King only took me 3 tries

Best boss fight in the game, camera can get fucking wonky in phase 1 though
>>
>>338055930
Do people really have trouble with the champ? He was a good fight but he didn't kill me once.
>>
>>338063770

same. play patient with sword and board and you can pipe him down in a couple of minutes with ten estus to spare
>>
>>338061049
Just go through NG+ and kill him.
I did the exact same thing as you and regretted it too. Then I beat him 2nd try on NG+ and it felt great
>>
>>338063529
>44 hours
>I beat the game twice already

m8
>>
>>338063527
Analyzing a game will always be subjective. You for example appears to care a lot for PvP or amount of content.

I prefer quality over quantity and give zero cares for PvP at all. While 2 had a lot of weapon or armos, i think it all accounted for very little because they felt very inacessible thanks to the linear fashion the game had, how the encounters were designed where you had very little space to make an attack so i always felt more inclined to "hit once but hard" tactics and armors felt very inneficient to use, feeling more like a hinderance for your character than an advantage. I could go on...
Which is why i said "a game is more than the sum of it's part". Because even if you could pincelate good things here and there, the package as a whole doesn't qualify. Unless offcourse those specific good aspects are the exact stuff you normally care about.
Anyway, there will always be people to like it, but don't expect time to change people perception of it, that only happens when a series goes downhill or it's something that broke the tendencies of it's era. Hardly the case here.
>>
File: 1463556652350.jpg (556 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
1463556652350.jpg
556 KB, 849x1200
>>338055264
>>
>>338064345

i like your style anon. i wish more posters on 4chan were as considerate and coherent as you
>>
>>338064048
I guess it was the bullshit of having just beat the giant and being thrown down to dancer that made me quit progress.
Two bosses in a row and then walking out to see the fucked skybox and hollows shooting me with explosive arrows.
naw mang
naw
>>
File: 1367980330868.jpg (70 KB, 420x560) Image search: [Google]
1367980330868.jpg
70 KB, 420x560
Dancer, Becuase I keep jacking off to her and only have one hand on the controller
>>
File: segal hmmph.jpg (36 KB, 731x536) Image search: [Google]
segal hmmph.jpg
36 KB, 731x536
Aldrich was the only boss that irritated me, I had a horrible character so I did fuckall damage.
>>
Champ Gundyr pushed my shit in, nearly 20 attempts. Pontiff was second at 8, but I really enjoyed that fight, Gundyr was just annoyingly aggressive when using a slow weapon.
>>
>>338055264
Pontiff definitely.
Dragonslayer was a bitch but only because his attacks were so slow and his weapon art always got me to roll at the worst time right before the big 1hit KO
>>
>>338065853

lol gundyr has one good button and its that kick, which does barely any damage and doesnt confirm into anything. it only fucks you if you block it with low stamina
>>
>>338058329
Were you properly leveled? She's not that bad if you can get behind her. Her only really threatening move is that multi 6 hit combo swipe thing where she moves forward a lot. In that case forget about rolling and just run away and try to flank while sprinting
>>
>>338065108
Fuck Aldrich man. Didn't take me that many tries but only by a miracle. I literally killed him and he killed me at the exact same time. I'm just glad that it counted or I would've been pissed
I still lost all my souls though
>>
File: 1448137885384.jpg (20 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1448137885384.jpg
20 KB, 258x245
>>338058329
>being this bad
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.