[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck happwned? This could've been a sorta fun open
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 600x755) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 600x755
What the fuck happwned? This could've been a sorta fun open world game by the makers of Crysis, but it ended up being a largely forgettable shooter game, with shitty graphics. The gunplay is awful, the story is meh, and I have no further motivation to play this. Anyone else feel the same? Or am I just a bitter and salty faggot who can't into fun
>>
File: 420.jpg (36 KB, 259x344) Image search: [Google]
420.jpg
36 KB, 259x344
>>338043198
>Trusting Crytek
>>
I can't believe this series got a second game. Who paid for this? Who asked for this even?
The first game was so bland I literally forgot it existed until I saw this game on twitch being played.
>>
It was made by the same team that made Haze.
>>
>>338043287
Want to know something really funny?

Crytek thought there was more of a demand for a homefront sequel than Timesplitters 4
>>
>>338043404
While that is a travesty, I seriously doubt I'd trust them to make a good game at this point. Their track record has been awful the past gen.
>>
>>338043404
AAAAHHHH!!!!!
>>
>>338043198
>sorta fun open world game

nice oxymoron

>by the makers of Crysis
wrong
>>
>>338043198

>make sequel to homefront
>get rid of the multiplayer, the one good thing about the game

What a travesty.
>>
enough with the open world game
we need a decent game with no side-quest
>>
>>338043793
The Mp was fucking great.
>>
I actually liked the first Homefront but I only gave it a single play through and never got into multiplayer.

I was thinking of picking up the sequel but I can see that it's terrible and a waste of $60. There's literally nothing thing to play on Xbox one. I chose poorly.
>>
>>338043198
Huh? This game came out already?
>>
>>338043198
They got rid of the mp to make another shitty co op shooter.

Playing vs ai is never fun because no game has good enough ai to give you a challenge.
>>
This always seemed like such a dull unimaginative series based on redneck fears.

The commies took our freedoms!!!

No wonder it was forgettable on all other fronts.
>>
It shifted both publishers AND developers mid-development.

The fact that this game even came out is sort of a miracle.
>>
>>338045618
The developers stayed the same. They just had to rename since they got bought along with the game IP.
>>
>>338043198
This cover art is so fucking stupid
>>
I didn't even know this game had come out until you posted this thread. That's how forgettable it was when I saw it before.
>>
>>338043198
>by the makers of Crysis
that's the worst part, it wasn't by the makers of Crysis but the guys behind Timesplitters, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark
>>
>>338043556
an early development build of Battlefront 3 got leaked about five months ago and it was pretty fun
>>
>>338046085
and Haze, to be fair.
>>
>>338046380
Haze was a textbook case of development hell, so I always felt like you could just gloss over that one.

Fuck knows what went wrong here.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 550x512
>>338046085
>>338043689
shit boys, thought it was made by the Crysis guys. just assumed based off of the engine. the fact it's made by the makers of Goldeneye makes this whole game so much worse
>>
>>338046573
THQ going under and the dev team switching probably fucked it up considerably
>>
>>338046085
explains the timesplitters 2 secret ingame
>>
>>338043198
I would give it a try but it's got denuvo so I'll probably pick it up cheap during the christmas sale. If I haven't forgotten about it.
>>
How is it possible for a CryEngine game to look so terrible? CryEngine's fucking default trees are god tier.
>>
File: PS4 & Xbox One.jpg (25 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
PS4 & Xbox One.jpg
25 KB, 600x450
>>338047178
>>
>>338046836
Still want to know how that worked given Square-Enix and EA potentially have rights to the game.
>>
>>338047346
Even Crysis 2 on PS3 looks much better than this garbage.
>>
File: h.png (45 KB, 629x152) Image search: [Google]
h.png
45 KB, 629x152
F
>>
>>338043198

homefront itself was pretty shit in the first place

it exists because of that red dawn reboot, but they pussied out and changed the chink faction to north korea
>>
>>338047620
Where can I find the amount of refunds data?
>>
>>338043916

your options are either bland open world with nothing in it, or linear corridors

neither of these options are good
>>
>>338047178
I don't think this game actually runs on cryengine. Hence the shitty performance.
>>
>>338047620
Confirmed DOA
>>
Never played this or the previous game, does it actually try to simulate asymmetric warfare or is it just another shitty shooter?
>>
File: newhere.jpg (30 KB, 310x350) Image search: [Google]
newhere.jpg
30 KB, 310x350
Oh come the FUCK on! if this game was amazing /v/ would still have shat on it. It was going to get mocked and attacked here no matter how good it turned out.
>>
>>338045572
The game had a sort of charm with how seriously it took the premise of a North Korean invasion.

There was no attempt to try to take refuge in camp. It just asked you to accept the absurdity of the set up and run with it regardless. With fairly unique results.

>Press F to hide in mass grave
>>
Did you guys hear about the Timesplitters easter egg in this?
>>
>>338043198

i watched the intro of this game and turned it right off halfway through. There's suspending disbelief and then there's just straight up bullshit.
>>
>>338047178
Cryengine is shit for anybody that is not Crytek and those guys run it on german engineering magic
>>
>>338043198

The game jumped from studio to studio three times, multiple directors left in the middle of the development cycle, multiple lay offs in its studios along the years and it's the sequel to another trash game (original Homefront).

It's your fault you expected a good game out of it. This game reeks of desperation, Deep Silver is just trying to get some money back to recover from the purchase of the IP.
>>
>>338043404

No one cares about TimeSplitters anymore, though.
>>
I have a thing for laughing at bad games, so at least it'll be cheap quickly for me to do that.
>>
The console versions are so fucking bad.
PC version seems to run fine without any hitches for me, but fuck me is the game filled with bugs and odd AI behaviour. Everyone has a fetish for running into walls and getting stuck in said walls.
Outside of that, its a medicore game thats actually kind of fun at times. Dont get it.
>>
>>338048807
>Deep Silver is just trying to get some money back to recover from the purchase of the IP.
They'll probably get more money from their humble bundle sale.
>>
>>338048446
You know it actually annoys me how little leeway people are willing to give games nowadays.

If you gonna do a modern invasion story you have to accept a foreign world power being *way* more powerful than what ever is plausible in real life or just out right make the bad guys aliens.

I appreciate them not falling back to aliens for once.
>>
>>338047847
The previous was just a shitty linear shooter, this one with its open world setting tries to be more like Infamous / Far Cry / Just Cause, with you being just a guy of a ragtag resistance with a few gadgets versus better equipped soldiers and armored vehicles.

Imagine something more like an Infamous game where you can mingle with normal folk as long as you don't do any shit. You fuck over the foreign occupiers in an area long enough and the people will side with you and riot.

It suffers from the same Infamous / Far Cry / Just Cause kind of shit where you're going to be doing the same generic task over and over and over to take over each territory.
>>
You can play through Siberia and Chicago levels from Timesplitters 2..not sure if that is worth $60 though
>>
>>338045572
They retconned that in the 'sequel'.
>>
>>338050430
>You fuck over the foreign occupiers in an area long enough and the people will side with you and riot.

Yeah would've had a lot of potential

Having a karma system of terrorist/freedom fighter would've been cool. Minimalise casualties and rescue prisoners and random NPC would be more likely to turn against the Koreans and help you in fights.

Act Indiscriminately they will be more likely to rat you out
>>
>>338045572
>The commies took our freedoms!!!
It is essentially a Red Dawn inspired game retards, but they fuck it up in every and all grounds.
The most memorable piece of the sequel is the remix of "it aint me".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV8Z3nmckNk
>>
Nobody good from Free Radical is left. It also suffers from symptoms of being handed off mid development.

Deep Silver allowed it to be published in this state because they're the worst publisher there is. I can't think of any games they've made recently that are even as good as bland EA/Ubisoft fare.
>>
>>338046085
More accurately, it was made by THQ, then Crytek loaded it off on to Free Radical to try to salvage while also not paying them.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.