[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled can we agree that this game was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 22
File: Halo_Guardians.png (133 KB, 275x350) Image search: [Google]
Halo_Guardians.png
133 KB, 275x350
Now that the dust has settled can we agree that this game was at best mediocre?
>>
>>338040586
Do you not enjoy it anymore anon?
>>
The campaign was lack luster with the team meme taking up the entire game with a misdirected marketing approach (they did say the ads were more for where the series was going however)
>>
>>338040815
I do enjoy it but it should have been something more just better all around the multiplayer is great
>>
>>338040823
I really enjoyed the campaign. I thought the third act was really great, and it had fantastic voice-acting. Me and my wife gasped when we thought Buck was going to be burned alive.
>>
>>338040909
What specifically should have been better? I know people shit all over the campaign but is there anything else?
>>
Who the fuck still cares about Halo?

I grew up with that shit and even I had the common sense to call it quits after 3 neatly ended the series.
>>
>>338041058
Do you think that people who still play Halo are just furious all the time? Most people still like it so they still play it. It's still a quality MP game to play with friends.
>>
>>338041032
The packaged multiplayer modes were garbage without a non ranked option
The cash grab with armor unlocks was terrible
Multiplayer updates are shit infection is ruined
They just seemed to half ass it all
>>
The story is meh
The campaign missions are well designed and have good setpieces, but are too short.
The music isn't marty tier, but as far as OST's go it's still great.
The MP is fantastic, and it has immense custom potential.

I'd say it's an 8.5/10 at worst

>>338041203
>Do you think that people who still play Halo are just furious all the time?
I don't know about /play/, but all halo fans on /v/ are unreasonably butthurt even more then /v/ is on average.

>>338041308
You are conflating "MP" with "MM", and a lot of your points aren't valid because of it.
>>
>>338041308
Armor unlocks with packages gave us months of free DLC. There are currently more maps than any other Halo game. And a lot of them are forge, but god damn they're quality. Check out the new infection maps, they blew me away.
>>
Halo is dead in my eyes after the abomination that was 4.

All good things must end.
>>
>>338042106
5's MP is really good and you should give it a chance.

also

>wow how dare they fuck up a single time, it's impossible for them to have learned from their mistake
>>
>>338041728
New infection is garbage with weapon pick ups
>>
>>338042278
git gud
>>
>>338042278
That's an issue with the playlist, not the game mode.

also >even playing infection in MM and not in customs
>>
Quick /v/, post your favorite and least favorite thing about each halo game

CE
>Love
how the soundtrack has lots of synthy stuff to highlight the mysteriousnessa/lieness of the envoirments. 4 did this well too, actually, but it's not my favorite thing about 4.
>Hate
How stale the campaign gets between repetitive hallways, reused settings for the later half of the camapign, and low weapon and enemy variety

>Love:
how tight the story is and how much nuance it manages to have despite still being simple and packs lore details in
>Hate
how absurdly OP the BR is; it's almost comical.

Love
The Covenant, it's by a fucking mile the best mission in the franchise and is probably my favorite level of any video game ever, SP or MP
>Hate
how they cuck you out of a gravemind fight in the ending cutscene of the same mission

ODST
>Love
the atmosphere and music, but that'd be too easy, so instead i'm gonna go with the "swaing" animation that occurs when you crouchwalk, it helps make you feel like you are sneaking around,
>Hate
There's actually nothing I hate about ODST..

Reach
>Love
How much fucking content the game has. Campaign, Firefight, normal MP, all with MM, a huge amount of adjusitable settings for the latter two, a hugely robust forge, and forge world.
>Hate
How shit the MP maps are

>Love
The scoreboard system. It gives you points for playing the objective and doing cool shit even if it's not actually impacting the score for deciding who wins. So, defending the flag and getting medals for returning it or killing people who stole it will push you to 1st place on your team
>Hate
How they butchered characters personalites and what rampancy is, and shoving the UNSC down your throat

>Love
How balanced the weapon sandbox is. Everything is at least viable if not useful.
>Hate
How little content the game launched with and how it's functionally online only for MP
>>
>>338040586
8 million players quit since 3 you'd have to be ignorant or completely new to think h5 is good
>>
>>338044301
You are retarded

>amount of people who play the game = how good it is

Also, it couldn't possibly have to do with since Halo 3 came out, Call of duty became popular, the FPS genre had tons of other popular franchise, Halo 4 and MCC came out and made people distrust 343, and barely anybody has an xbone. Those couldn't possibly be factors.
>>
>>338040586

I still play it almost daily. The SP is shit. Play through on Legendary and never touch it again, but the MP is god-tier as far as console FPS goes. I still have my gripes on little trivial shit here and there but it's impossible for anyone to say that Halo 5 MP is objectively shit unless they're contrarian memeing retards.
>>
I give it a 5/10
>>
>>338042278
>New infection is garbage with weapon pick ups

How? It gives a sense of urgency to nab a decent weapon (that has limited ammo) and try to hold a spot. You have unlimited shotgun ammo as last spartan anyway. With the new Forge I can't wait to see what gets made by the community.

Assault is in Arena now too which is awesome.
>>
>>338045024
>I still play it almost daily. The SP is shit. Play through on Legendary and never touch it again, but the MP is god-tier as far as console FPS goes. I still have my gripes on little trivial shit here and there but it's impossible for anyone to say that Halo 5 MP is objectively shit unless they're contrarian memeing retards.

>areyoume.jpg

I'm in the same boat. Absolutely disappointed in the Single Player, but the MP is a great console FPS and one of the most balanced I've seen in a while.
>>
Great Multiplayer (Since Halo 3)
Shitty campaign.

I don't know why. All of a sudden i've been in a losing streak in multiplayer for a while. When im about to win, I end up disconnecting or my team suddenly turns stupid and we lose.
>>
>>338042278
Not really.

Besides, all the weapons have little ammo. Hell shotgun has no ammo at unless you pickup from a dead teammate.
>>
>>338045497
>I end up disconnecting

Fuck, this has happened a lot in the past few days. Just when you're finally about to win the game disconnects.
>>
>>338045590
It's been a long time since I got angry at a video game. Halo 5 feels like its self-aware and wants you to lose.
>>
>>338040586
Campaign was a 3/10 but multiplayer started out as a 6.5/10 and is now at a solid 8/10. It's a mediocre game overall but still the best multiplayer console FPS I've played this generation
>>
>>338045024
>>338045417
I wouldn't say it's shit.

The story is meh but it's a step up from 5 is many, many ways in that department. The actual level layouts are good with lots of alternate pathways and a good balance of indoor and outdoor areas without having too many cramped hallways or wide open areas. They also have really good setpieces and such.

They are just really fucking short.

The first mission of 5 could be one of the best ones in the franchise. It starts with a bang with you runnignd down a cliff and a ship crashing into a huge group of enemies in front of you. There's a massive areal battle in the skybox next to you. you move on, and then the Kraken comes up and fires on you and walks around as you push through a really well designed outdoor area.

Then there's the knight room, but then it just fucking ends.
>>
>yfw this is a fucking forge map
>>
>>338044485
h5 is not good. they shouldn't be getting props at all for turning halo into something it's not. sure it's better than 4 and reach... (maybe) but they don't deserve props for taking one step forward after fucking it over in the first place. msg me when halo goes back to being like the original trilogy and by that im not talking about one fucking playlist either
>>
>>338046025
With all the updates 343i add to forge, by the time the game is at the end of it's life span, the forgers will be making better looking maps than 343i.
>>
>>338046151
>msg me when halo goes back to being like the original trilogy

How do you define "like the original trilogy"?

You mean equal starts, weapons on maps, etc? 5 is that.
>>
>>338046025
Holy hell that looks like an actual remake of the original
What's the GT?
>>
File: halo5ranks.png (2 MB, 1120x2000) Image search: [Google]
halo5ranks.png
2 MB, 1120x2000
>>338046406
wow. more like no sprint smart scope thrusters and smaller maps. preferably a better ranking system too one that doesn't match unbalanced teams with a 10 level difference. this is actually worse considering theres only about 30 levels
>>
I would get halo 5 for only it's Forge.
How are custom game settings? I heard infection has shit camouflage.
>>
>>338046439
no god anywhere , apparently

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=no%20god%20anywhere#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_no%20god%20anywhere_b0aef889-233f-4c38-895e-b3f0e10b6601

http://www.forgehub.com/maps/high-citadel.1285/

pretty sure you can just download it directly off the sites now though

>>338046586
Smart scope is a objective improvement. it acts exactly like scope does on weapons that already had a scope and helps makes autos less shit without forcing you to zoom.

Thrusters work well and sprint at the very least in 5 doesn't hurt. If you try to use it to run away you'll get BTFO'd due to your shields being unrechargable,

It baffles me that people whine about every new thing in halo games now. If 2 or 3 came out today, people would be bitching about vehicle hijacking, dual wielding, and equipment about how "un-halo" it is.
>>
xqueers are not welcome here. fuck off
>>
>>338046826
>it acts exactly like scope does on weapons that already had a scope and helps makes autos less shit without forcing you to zoom.
it's a little slower. also those are only small problems about halo 5. halo 2 and 3 had the best ranking system especially for it's time. only good thing about h5's ranking system is you can't chill at one level. but even then the fact that it resets every month causes more unbalanced matches...it's really not fun at all
>>
>>338047046
>it's a little slower.

In the beta, yes, in the final game it's instant IIRC, they at least sped it up from the beta.
>>
>>338047046
it's also very obstructing. honestly, I'm not even going to talk about it. theres a reason so many people quit. the only people who are still playing are the ones who feel like they missed out. nobody cares. the halo fans are older now and moved on. it's not even on xbl top 10 and it has less than battlefront and it sits at about 10k ...pathetic
>>
File: 2969109-halo6.jpg (50 KB, 839x432) Image search: [Google]
2969109-halo6.jpg
50 KB, 839x432
>>338045417
>Absolutely disappointed in the Single Player

You have no idea how sad I was at the missed opportunities that are Halo 5's SP. There's so much rich lore that Nylund wrote on Blue Team that's completely ignored by 343i and not to mention the canon is completely fucked. But Bungie is just as much to blame for that.

The story is just shit, and it could have been amazing if 343i knew how to fucking write.
>>
How come this wasn't in the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SfwcOhrq6U
>>
>>338045260
>Assault is in arena now too which is awesome.

Now if only they'd axe Strongholds and bring back KotH and make Slayer fuck off to its own playlist, it'd be perfect. Strongholds is by far the shittiest game type in Arena, and if I wanted to play Slayer I'd go to the fucking dedicated Slayer playlist.

Favorite maps/modes?
Flags on Fathom
Assault on Tyrant
>>
File: no.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>338046884
>>
>>338047652
Halo 6
>>
Gameplay and MP was good
SP and Story was awful

This is what happens when you put a woman in charge who wants to be the next George Lucas (as if that would mean anything good these days)
>>
File: 1.png (209 KB, 632x471) Image search: [Google]
1.png
209 KB, 632x471
>>338048178
>>
>>338040586

Multiplayer is great,
Forge is great,
Campaign is not bad just the story is terrible.
Though campaign is still pretty fun on legendary with friends.
>>
File: wew.jpg (148 KB, 598x592) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
148 KB, 598x592
>>338048263
>>
>HURR DURR ELITES ARE SO PROGRESSIVE THEY HAVE FEMALES IN THEIR ARMY
>never get to see one

great job faggots

also great job on having another token nigger shoved in where he wasnt needed
>>
>>338040586

/v/ can't hate halo 5. It's extremely skill based no "press Q and win reeeeeeee"

Oh wait I forgot /v/ hates halo 5 because they actually suck at video games and never could git gud
>>
File: 1438804352087.gif (137 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1438804352087.gif
137 KB, 500x500
>>338048318
>>338048752

This is what happens when you let cucks and SJW's write for games.

They've completely invaded everything that I love. When the fuck does this shit end?
>>
The campaign was solid in everything but the writing, the little hub world missions were neat for sploran and the extra emphasis on collectibles was fun

Sunset Overdrive still beats it for best exclusive
>>
>>338048752

Lock being black has literally nothing to do with anything, stop being racists for no reason.
>>
>>338048970
Really, I felt the writing was great.

The ambient dialog in 5 is fantastic.
>>
>>338047470
lol halo has never had good writing
>>
>>338049115
Osirus had good banter, blue had squat.
And by writing,people mean the story.
>>338049029
A little of this. There is plenty to bitch about, that isn't one of them.
>>
>>338049029
>Lock being black has literally nothing to do with anything, stop being racists for no reason.

You americans push niggers everywhere youve become obsessed with it
>>
>>338049487
fuck off pol. people like you are the reason this shit has to be so heavily promoted now anyway
>>
>>338049418
>Osirus had good banter, blue had squat.

I also meant enemy ambient dialog, as well as the stuff that happens if you linger around areas.

>>338049218
Halo 2's was fantastic.
>>
File: Untitled.png (825 KB, 855x477) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
825 KB, 855x477
>>338042265
>you should give it a chance.
>Halo 4 was bad but you should give Halo 5 a chance
>Ok so Halo 5 was bad too but you should totally give Halo 6 a chance
>Alright, admittedly Halo 6 wasn't that great but Halo 7: Eclectic Niggerloo is much better you should totally go buy it and see!
>So...about Halo 8.....yea...JUST BUY IT!!!
How about no faggot, I vote with my wallet and if i listened to retards like you I would "try" myself to death on shitty games and waste all my money on shitty devs who don't deserve a dime.

Get fucked cunt.
>>
>>338049613
Halo 2 was total garbage. MP is the only reason that game is looked on fondly
>>
>>338049591
>people like you are the reason this shit has to be so heavily promoted now anyway

wheres the logic in this faggot?

Diversity with you faggots mean only pushing niggers or power womyn. You even go so far to make the mafia about niggers and turn WW1 into a hood rat simulator (along with swedes i know)

Fuck you if you cant handle people calling out the obvious
>>
>>338049689
>Ok so Halo 5 was bad too but you should totally give Halo 6 a chance

But it's not bad, it's good. There's a single fuckup that they learned from.

Also, i'm not telling you to buy the damn thing to try it, i'm saying fucking go to a friends house and try it.

>>338049728
I'm genuinely interested what makes you think that.
>>
>>338046826
>helps makes autos less shit
They were already not shit in 4. 4 and H2A had the most-balanced ARs in the series.

Although all of my complaints about the AR would be fixed if it didn't spawn with any spare ammo.
>>
>>338049991
>there's a black guy in it and that makes me mad!!!!
k
>>
>>338049991
Alright, I'll bite: explain what was so wrong with Locke being black in an explicitly multi-planetary organization that amounts to more than "he exists"
>>
Much like every halo game.
>>
>>338040586
It has COD syndrome.

Multiplayer is 2slow too.
>>
>>338050210
Its a boring slog, with shitty voice acting, terrible level design, shitty weapon balance, literally no ending and a huge letdown from what was promised at E3. I was a huge fan of CE and 2 broke my heart :(.
>>
>>338050260
>push the ugliest most disliked low iq trash in every form media because we have white guilt
k
>>
>>338050432
>ugliest most disliked low iq trash

see? it's your own fault
>>
>>338050210
It's not good. It didn't accomplish anything like the past. It's very lukewarm. It's okay at best but not the $60 I payed for.
>>
Halo 5 is alright. Warzone and armors and weapon skins are cash grabs, but completely unnecessary if you stick to Arena, which is much more fun than Warzone imo anyways.
>>
>>338050224
4's AR did good damage but you couldn't hit shit with it past 5 feet, so it wasn't really worth using. I can't comment on H2A's AR since I wasn't able to mess with it much.

5's is the best. It's both dmanging and accurate, and is actually a general purpose gun, not a niche one, as it should be as a spawn weapon. It's viable both at medium and close but is beat out by guns that are more specialized in aither of those areas.

I think it's beta incarnation was better though since it rewarded accurate bursts with a headshot bonus, wheras in the final game it only does once shields are down, and as a result there's less of an incentive to bother to be accurate with it.

>>338050413
The voice acting is better then CE and the level design is way better. It boggles my mind that people say CE didn't have flawed level design

>indoor levels are all repeated hallways'
>outdoor levels are sparse and empty
>second half of the campaign reuses levels from the first half with just some changes
>low amount of enemy and weapon variety, envoirments feel samey due to the above and the whole thing gets tale easily

It easily has the worst campaign missions of any halo game.

Also, the ending for 2 was visible from miles away. The game was already almost a full 1/3 longer then CE by the time it ended.
>>
>>338050665
its great actually. Probably the best arena shootan ever on a console
>>
>>338050210
>go to a friends house and try it
Are you implying that my friends are so shitty as to own Halo 5?
>>
the ads were more interesting.

Game felt too safe. Idk writing felt more like above average fan fic than an actual halo script.
>>
File: 1463064419812.jpg (154 KB, 2048x1302) Image search: [Google]
1463064419812.jpg
154 KB, 2048x1302
>>338050515
is this you? because you sound like it
>>
>>338050812
>The voice acting is better then CE and the level design is way better.

nah. And CE was actually fun
>>
>>338050432
>Johnson never existed and wasn't one of the most beloved characters in the series
>>
>>338050392
>it has cod syndrome!
and a lot of good FPS games got halo syndrome.

You created the casual audiance, cod is just slightly more casual.
>>
>>338050831
That's really sad.
>>
>>338050910
I think you're on the wrong board friend.
>>
File: 1416595980930.jpg (104 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1416595980930.jpg
104 KB, 406x364
>>338049218
>lol halo has never had good writing

In the actual game, the writing was always mediocre. But the lore written by Eric Nylund at the same time as Halo: CE release has made it criminal that it's never been implemented in any of the games other than Bungie or 343i retconning legitimately good writing to make their special snowflake stories in the game that don't make any fucking sense.

Fall of Reach, First Strike, and Ghosts of Onyx were legit sci-fi writing done right. It pisses me off that when Blue Team is finally featured in a game, and they have so much material to work with, that they use none of it.
>>
>>338050913
Way to ignore all the points I brought up.

>>338050392
5 is the fastest Halo has been since high level 2/ce play.
>>
>>338050936
I didn't design halo 2 nigger tits. I hated the no health bullshit
>>
Well, Halo went from a 10 to 0 ever since Reach, so this being at least better than the last two abortions is okay in my book. Step in the right direction, I guess.
>>
>>338051018
The flood was pretty good too.
>>
>>338050995
why

>>338051039
H2 had repetitive hallways and sparse outdoors too. Thanks to the way they fucked with the gun balance it was boring to get through and don't get me started on those arbiter levels zzzzz
>>
>>338051039
Yikes.
>>
>>338051097
Halo 2 had health tho, it just wasn't visible and there were no pickups for it.
>>
Its 'dedicated servers' and spawns are medicore.
343 found out how to kill its own game.
>>
>>338051201
Not nearly as many.

Sacred Icon is pretty much the only mission I can think of that suffered from it anywhere close to CE levels, and CE had it across like half of it's campaign.

There's no denying 2's weapon balance is completely fucked but in SP, which is what we are discussing, it's not an problem; and it's not like CE's is that great either.
>>
>>338040953
>>338050210
>>338050831
343 shill. Stop.

Pls go
>>
>>338050812
>but you couldn't hit shit with it past 5 feet
You didn't need to. It wasn't the kind of weapon designed for you to have it out all game.
5's AR has too much range combined with too much damage and it's far easier to use than any of the rifles. It only gets worse when you factor in the Storm Rifle and SMG into the equation. It's not like Halo to have an all-purpose automatic, and it only impedes on the Magnum's usefulness.
>>
>>338051392
No I mean fucked specifically in relation to SP. They just weren't as fun to use
>>
>>338040586
Yep, my least played Halo game ever aside from ODST
>>
>>338042278
Weapon pick ups are good, what isn't good is that the zombies die in 3 AR bullets and the maps are either too open or have some absurd camping spot that forces zombies into running head strong into the humans until eventually one guy fucks up and dies. It's a problem with matchamkings awful map rotation, not the actual game mode. Although it wouldnt hurt to spawn more alpha zombies at the start or increase the health of a zombie
>>
>>338051392
Here's the difference.
I played Halo CE a few hours ago, the game is like 15 years old now.

I have not played Halo 5 since like last December, its not even a year old.

Halo 5 is shit. If it was good I would actually want to play it at some point instead of its 15 year old predecessor.
>>
>>338051716
>zombies die in 3 AR bullets
As opposed to them dying in 1 pistol bullet?
>>
>>338051716

The mode literally just started. Some of the spots are bullshit for sure, but they'll be revised soon. Also new maps will be rotated in and shitty ones will be phased out.
>>
>>338051396
We are gonna fundamentally disagree on the place of automatics in halo's sandbox then. Them not being general purpose weapons till now IMO is not a feature, it's a bug,.

I do agree it's too easy to use as of now, though, at least in some ranges. You are actually punished for bothering to fire in short, accurate bursts with it at ranges past point blank, which is absolutely a problem.

I'm all in favor of rewarding skill, but then they should make automatics have a skillgap and reward people for doing so. Getting consistent, accurate headshots with the AR with bursts is arguably more diffucult then it is with say, the BR.

I think magnum is well balanced though, and the SMG and storm rifle are fine as long as you treat them as "mid tier" power weapons alongside the light rifle and plasma caster and such.

Really, all i'd change balance wise in 5 is make it so the AR does 10% less damage per shot, but makes the headshot bonus apply on shields, but make the bonus scale with spread so if you are just spraying and praying and manage to land a headshot, the bonus won;t apply; alongside buffing the boltshot and suppersor a little bit.

>>338051794
That's discussing Halo 2 vs Halo CE, not halo 5.
>>
>>338048752
Mother fucker Locke being hated has nothing to do with him being Black, it's because he has a shit character. I guess Sarah Palmer is bad to you because she's a women right, instead of her garbage personality, you racist cunt?
>>
>>338052028
My point still stands, Halo 5 is shit.
>>
>>338052145
What sucks is locke COULD be interesting.

His backstory is he was an assassin for hire that ONI picked up, That could be super interesting with him being this dickbag protagonist that doesn't play by the rules to contrast chief, and it would also be ironic since locke is the one encoring the UNSC's wishes, yet cheif, the by the books solider, is the one who has gone rouge.

>>338052028
>>338051396
correction: obviously, the SMG and such shouldn't be an all purpose gun, but the AR should be; I meant more that automatics should be on par with precision guns, and that the fact they haven;t been till now has been bad balance.
>>
>>338052462
They were on par in 4, and had use in 1. Only difference between those games and 5 is that the automatics made you think before you pulled them out.
>>
>>338050812
>It easily has the worst campaign missions of any halo game.
I have to disagree here, while Halo CE's second half is nothing to really write home about, it's first half was absolutely brilliant in both presentation and design. Halo 2's only good missions were Chief's missions (no this has nothing to do with "I only like playing Chief"). Arbiter's missions were just gray linear corridors with barely any open areas. Due his levels being so story centric, Arby's levels were scripted as hell. You also mainly used the Covenant's weapon and vehicle sandbox which was at time inferior to the UNSCs. Were stuck fighting broken Flood in dark missions without the flashlight. Fight bullet sponge Brutes who were boring to fight and terrible boos fight ranging from an Elite Ranger with holograms and a berserking Brute with a Gravity Hammer, mixed in with the cliff hanger ending. This is why Halo 2 has the weakest campaign in the trilogy.
>>
>>338051796
I never said the other games had perfect infection. If it was me balancing, id simply keep AR starts and buff zombie health. They don't have shields, there's no good reason to have them even weaker.
>>
>>338053075
>They were on par in 4,

Maybe if descope was in the game.
>>
>>338045024
Same here bro. I've been a fan since day one of CE, tried to fill that void in my life after Halo 4 but it wasn't cutting it. Fortunately I got an Xbone for cheap and love the Halo 5 multiplayer.

I just wish there was more social stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a filthy casual but sometimes I like to throw on a TV show and play some at the same time. We have Warzone but I'd like more social playlists.
>>
>>338053724

Yeah unfortunately Halo 5 does get way too tryhard. I want an Action Sack playlist
>>
>>338052324

(you)
>>
File: 1457555276896.jpg (50 KB, 840x960) Image search: [Google]
1457555276896.jpg
50 KB, 840x960
>>338054898
>>338053724
>no multi team playlist
>>
>>338055023

They tried it a few weeks ago. It was actually very fun.
>>
>8 million halo players quit since 3
>343 shills still trying
>less players than battlefront
kek
>>
File: this shit is getting retarded.jpg (11 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
this shit is getting retarded.jpg
11 KB, 251x242
>>338055314

>8 million stopped playing

Wow it's like the console FPS genre has become saturated or something.

>343 shills

Saying shill should be a bannable offense. It's cancer posting.

>less players than Battlefront

Citation needed.
>>
>>338056106
>Wow it's like the console FPS genre has become saturated or something.
wow it's like it was always like that or something
>343 shills
why even try? nobody gives a fuck about h5
>citation needed
do your home work, h5 is not even top 10
>>
>>338056106
>343 shills
I agree, The fact that 8 million player stop playing Halo after Halo 3 just tells me that Reach was to blame for this not 343. 343 are to blame for following in Bungie's shitty footsteps instead of making a proper sequel to Halo 3.
>>
>>338045024
truth
>>
>>338057063
bungie was forced to make one more game before leaving, that's why reach sucked dick. only reason I bought 4 was because 343 actually made reach a lil more playable
>>
>>338057254
Bungie may have been forced to make Reach, but they weren't forced to throw out everything the trilogy brought to the table.
>>
>>338057413
entirely true. I miss the original formula so much. 343 doesn't realize it but there are millions of players on standby waiting for them to make a good halo game..it was never dead
>>
>>338057254
I don't think pressure to make one last title made it shit, I think Bungie being hacks made it shit. Halo has always been on a somewhat steady decline, as Bungie wanted to make each iteration more friendly to the wider audience. 5 is really the only instance of a Halo game actually improving over the previous one.
>>
>>338057536
they knew they were leaving so I guess they just did whatever the fuck. reach was literally tne most unbalanced halo. next to 4 I guess. 4 improved on a few things but in the end was just as bad
>>
>>338057536
5 really improves the multiplayer, but that story is bottom of the barrel
>>
>>338057671
From watching vidocs, it's pretty obvious that Reach is the direction they wanted Halo to go. Destiny is also some good evidence for this.

>>338057695
There's only like 2 good Halo campaigns, so whatever.
>>
>>338057671
Once you realize that Reach was just a massive beta for Destiny, everything makes sense.
>>
>>338057695
5 improves but the hilarious thing is that h2a was a better game than reach 4 and 5 put together. at least it played like halo
>>
File: 1460996595081.png (21 KB, 390x470) Image search: [Google]
1460996595081.png
21 KB, 390x470
>>338056924

>do your home work, h5 is not even top 10

No source.
>>
>>338058002
H2A was "okay", but it really was just an alternate version of Halo 3.
>>
>>338057775
>From watching vidocs, it's pretty obvious that Reach is the direction they wanted Halo to go.
This is completely true, when I watched the vidocs for Reach, something felt off. I wasn't getting that same vibe I got from their vidocs with the Halo Trilogy. Hell when I saw Halos 2 & 3 for the first time it was completely identifiable as Halo games, but when I saw Reach for the first time at the VGAs, I was questioning if Reach was truly a Halo game because it didn't look like Halos 1-3 to me.
>>
>>338057775
>reminding me of Destiny
This should be a crime punishable by law
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9YoJjdEBv8
>>
I heard it totally wasted the conflict between the two main characters.
>>
Campaign is trash, virtually every aspect of it is worse than every other halo
Multiplayer is okay, gameplay is fine but the maps and content is bad
Customization is the worst it's ever been, some of the ugliest armor ever in a game
Forge is cool but nobody plays the game anymore and the community is trash so it doesn't matter
343 is trash and after they left MCC for dead they got even worse, they don't deserve any support
>>
Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST and Reach for PC never.
>>
>>338058474
>Chief vs Locke set up as a battle of ideologies, ends up about Cortana
>Batman v Superman set up as a battle of ideologies, I got "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME"
>Civil War set up as a battle of ideologies, ended with mad manlet parental issues
I'm never getting hyped for a hero vs hero story again
>>
>>338058121
if you were actually interested in the game or series you would just know this. typical /v/
>>
>>338058784
Don't forget their fucking WWE "fight"
>>
>>338058148
it was more like an alternate version of 2..you couldn't hold 8 nades in 3 and h2a had 4v4 map remakes of 2
>>
>>338057671
It's sad when I somehow like Halo 4 & 5 better than Reach.
>>
What the fuck happened to Warzone?

I tried playing a few matches and it's become a bumrush of vehicles at Req Lvl 2 until one side gets locked into their base.

At least before most people had a chance.
>>
>>338058784

It's because people don't really understand how to do them properly yet, compared to hero vs villain stories.

The focus should be on the ideologies motivating the heroes to clash.

Even "Civil War" didn't make the Accord side's arguments compelling enough, so you didn't really buy how many heroes came to favor it.
>>
File: 1462991612411.png (592 KB, 942x944) Image search: [Google]
1462991612411.png
592 KB, 942x944
>>338058912

I play it every day faggot. I never see the same people other than the occasional ones when everyone stays in the same running matchmaking set. Who the fuck cares what the actual numbers are if you enjoy the game and find matches quickly?
>>
I'm just waiting on firefight warzone, infection is cool but i've got no one to play with in customs
>>
>>338059285

Unfortunately it needs a "mercenary" mode or something where entire premade teams of 12 tryhards rape pubbies faces off. It gets tiring and to have fun you need at least 6 people to go in with you or use an LFG site to find a group.
>>
>>338059728

Sorry. It's needs a mercenary mode to prevent premade tryhard teams from raping pubbies' faces off.
>>
File: 1332550077643.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1332550077643.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>338041728
>months of free DLC

No, it's just content cut from the game like infection and BTB. Also each time they give us "free maps in the free dlc" it's always 2 actual new maps with rest being warzone variations or forge shit that the community could forge better.
>>
>>338060429
And the armor dlc or whatever is fucking hideous, the new reach armor is a joke
>>
>>338059596
lol you're the faggot for just now getting into halo. stay mad slow poke. you fucked up big time playing cod on your ps3 while I was playing halo 3
>>
File: 1450709859467.jpg (942 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1450709859467.jpg
942 KB, 1462x1462
>>338060662

>Halo 3 babby

It all makes sense now. I was playing CE while you were in kindergarten faggot.
>>
>>338062065
yeahhh right. I've also been playing since the beginning im and halo 2 is actually my favourite. 1000s of hrs in h2 and h3.
you really did fuck up by just now getting into the series 8 years after 3. you fucked up. 8 fucking years and you still play it's shitty sequel. im sorry but I don't believe you played that much
>>
>>338040586
>Now that the dust has settled
>Halo 5
slowpoke.jpg
>>
>>338044301
>Game population determines it's quality.
Guess that means Call of Duty, League of Legends and World of Warcraft have been hands down, the greatest fucking games ever made.
>>
>>338062571
im comparing to a previous game in the series, not to other games so yeah theres a reason nobody is playing it. h5 is too easy and boring
>>
File: rekted.png (280 KB, 912x743) Image search: [Google]
rekted.png
280 KB, 912x743
>>338062338

I was 14 when CE dropped and got an Xbox that Xmas. Here's a service record for my old GT.

BTFO? BTFO.
>>
File: Untitled.png (232 KB, 1032x515) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
232 KB, 1032x515
>>338062982
that could literally be anyone. besides, why did you start in 06 if the game came out 2 years before that?
>>
File: poe_reading.jpg (22 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
poe_reading.jpg
22 KB, 500x285
>>338064476

Are you serious right now? I grew up in a backwoods rural home where 56k was the only thing available until 2008 or so. That was when I got my first official XBL account when I moved to college.
>>
File: 1447561511529.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
1447561511529.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>>338040586
The campaign was trash.

The multiplayer is fun, but was way to barebones at launch to keep most interested.
>No forge
>2 warzone maps
>no social playlists for fun game modes
>Only competitive arena
>no BTB at launch
>Less vehicle focused maps
>No addition of invasion mode/falcon with Reach update
>Forge behind a paywall
>Can't enter offline MP to check out MP maps solo
>No bro-tier celebrating after a match
From what I've heard the Firefight mode is the worst it's been.

343 fucked up. They made a good multiplayer game, but a majority of the above should have been available at launch.
>>
>>338065784
>>No bro-tier celebrating after a match

They listened to all of the bitching and moaning from the beta and took it out. No one will be happy no matter what they do.
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.