[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FF7 REMAKE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
File: ff7man.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ff7man.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
>New game will follow suit with XIII, being 3 full size games
>One reason cited for multiple parts was so SqEn"did not have to cut any of the original content "
>Battle system almost identical to FFXV
>Gameplay in current trailers looks very similar and FPS looks garbage, much the same as the PLATINUM demo

It's what the people want, but is it what should happen?

Is this game going to be a total clusterfuck or will it make its mark, as many people want it to?

Anything I've missed about this game, post it.
>>
it's probably gonna be a clusterfuck, but it doesn't really look similar to xv and i wouldn't judge anything based on the gameplay seen in the trailers, it's probably already very different.

they're apparently going to take liberties with it, which is fine, but if they put in genesis and angeal and shit i just don't fucking know mang. they were only necessary to fill out the prequel. they'll just turn the remake into a bloated, incoherent mess
>>
>>338035604

I just meant the current trailers they have similarities. Its supposedly more like Kingdom Hearts. Which is fine
>>
>>338035334
>It's what the people want
No. The people wanted a remake, not a reimagining. Its a different game with a coat of FF7 paint on it.
>>
>>338035864

I would gather that most of the fans who saw it revealed got a boner.
Personally, I think nostalgia isn't always a good thing.
>>
>>338035334
post content that you think will get cut off:
>fort condor, muh budget
>dating barret
>dolphin jumping in junon
>snowboarding
>plot attempt to impregnate aeris with red xiii
>tifa's big tits
>swearing at shera
>orthopedic underwear
>submarine minigame
>>
>>338036165
In addition to those:
>Swearing in general
>Aeris ITS BEEN RETCONNED GET OVER IT
>Gold saucer (?)
>Escape from Midgar mini game (?)

Athough I don't see why tits are a problem. JRPGs are usually consistent with that kind of thing.
>>
File: ff7clodgrill.jpg (59 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
ff7clodgrill.jpg
59 KB, 500x280
THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN
>>
File: eEMyp.gif (1 MB, 314x278) Image search: [Google]
eEMyp.gif
1 MB, 314x278
>>338036729
it already did
>>
File: 1402610050960.jpg (64 KB, 512x401) Image search: [Google]
1402610050960.jpg
64 KB, 512x401
>>338036858

You're a real funny guy...

Was gonna use a movie quote, but that's shit
>>
File: ff7clodgrill2.jpg (55 KB, 470x700) Image search: [Google]
ff7clodgrill2.jpg
55 KB, 470x700
>>338036858

Better example
>>
File: ff.png (299 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
ff.png
299 KB, 800x800
>>338036165

>No Nobuo on music
>>
ATB sucks ass anyway
>>
>>338035334

Unreal Engine
>>
Still waiting for the "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series" dlc announcement
>>
>Yuffie's short gets buttoned

OR

>Tifa loses her skirt, gets shorts instead and tits are slightly smaller

Pick one.
>>
>>338037674
Vincent and Yuffie will be dlc
>>
File: 1394833315082.jpg (78 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
1394833315082.jpg
78 KB, 960x639
>>338037674

Literally Lol'd
>>
>>338036165
>plot attempt to impregnate aeris with red xiii
yo to be real though that always struck me as weird as hell. why the fuck would hojo, a man of science even think that'd work ever. i mean i get he's kind of insane but still.
>>
>>338035334

Shit thread you b8 is shit try harder 2/10
>>
>>338037372
All they have to do is orchestrate the synth stuff. Do they even need another soundtrack for this game?
>>
>>338037825

I did say "almost"

Not b8n m8,stay str8
>>
File: 1405550166003.jpg (19 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1405550166003.jpg
19 KB, 720x540
>>338037776

Squeenix pls
>>
>>338037797

Naw, he just wanted to splice em together in his big machine.

Right ?
>>
>>338037797
he wanted to see how a dog fucks an alien, who wouldn't want to watch that?
>>
File: 1463401314434.gif (1 MB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1463401314434.gif
1 MB, 550x400
>>338037674
>Featuring Dante from DmC: Devil May Cry
>>
>>338035334

>play it first on playstation 4

god that was so pathetic to witness, sony is so poor they can't even afford exclusives anymore
>>
>>338035334
Dropped.
>>
>>338035864
>Faggots wanted a remake

Fixed that for you. How sad is a person who would rather pay $60 for a game he's already played over an entirely new game (or not buying anything at all)?
>>
File: ff09.jpg (101 KB, 470x400) Image search: [Google]
ff09.jpg
101 KB, 470x400
>>338037797

>a man of science

Science is literally putting things togheter until something happens with the experimental method, he had two alien species that had the qualities he wanted, if impregnation wouldn't work he would've gone with artificial ovulation or some shit, just going by stages man, you never know.
>>
There's simply not enough original game to fill 3 full size games.

FF7 has always been the nostalgia cash cow that they refused to do anything with for a long time. Now they're finally doing it they're going to capitalise on that nostalgia cash.

I don't blame them for doing it this way. It's the smart business decision. Unfortunately they're probably going to VA everything to pad out disk space and attempt to justify the 3 game schtick as a data capacity issue.

The first will be decent but short, complaints of not enough content expected.

The second will be good on content but feel ultimately pointless in terms of story progress.

The last game and all the endgame content will be panned for being too easy as the difficulty ramp will reset with each instalment.

File continuation between games will be present but pointless with no real reward or reason to do so.

Will it be good by today's standards? Absolutely.

It can never live up to expectations though because what many would feel should be done with it, would not fly in current markets.

This game is not so much aimed at the nostalgia as it is those who could not go back and play it due to the dated graphics (as dumb a reason that is). Nostalgiabux are pure bonus to them, they're the unemployed marketing machine for it.
>>
>>338039221

wasn't the original game 3 discs? I remember that the game was pretty damn long, if they want to 3Dtize the whole thing it would be pretty fucking huge, like a 180 gb game.
>>
>>338039134

At least you're admitting it has nothing to do with the original.
>>
>>338039134

but it's not the same game redone, they've said multiple times that they want to retell the story from scratch and not simply rethread it
>>
>>338039356
Yes it was, but it was not a long/large game because of that. It was a pretty typical RPG length at the time.
>>
File: dqxips4.jpg (252 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dqxips4.jpg
252 KB, 1280x720
>>338035334

fuck no, it's not what should happen, this game makes me so fucking mad, this is not FF7, this is an unholy abomination that is an ugly mixture of advent children and FF15 with all the little touch and funny stuff that made FF7 a classic in the first place sucked away in the name of pretty next gen movies

this is what the FF7 remake should have looked like
>>
>>338039356

It only takes about 40 hours to beat the game on average. Most of the disc space went to the FMV's, the final disc itself was just the final area FMV's.

It would be hard to justify 2 full sized games, a set up like MGSV had is much more likely if we want to talk about all the content. First game is $30 and covers everything up the first Continent. The Second Game is everything else.
>>
>>338039959
If they go the TPP/GZ route then they should logically end the first one with leaving Midgar/arriving at Kalm
>>
>>338035334
Still gonna buy it. Stay mad
>>
>>338039369

And you admit that you're essentially a graphics whore willing to pay full price for a game simply because it's shiny?

>>338039468

That's what I said.
>>
>>338040159

Not mad. Generating a discussion on points that I have expressed as an opinion.

You seem cool. Don't become a shitlord
>>
>>338035334
I don't care what they do.
I never wanted a remake.
I knew it would be action shit and retconned to suit the awful AWFUL spinoffs.

This game is for FF7 "fans" who never played FF7. The people whose first encounter with FF7 was watching AC or playing KH.
>>
>>338035334
FF has been dead for a long time now, it died some time in between XII and XIII.
>>
>>338040418
>And you admit that you're essentially a graphics whore willing to pay full price for a game simply because it's shiny?
There's a lot a proper remake could have done without relying entirely on graphics.
>>
>>338041162

So you don't want to play the same game again, you just want to play mostly the same game again but with prettier graphics.

The point still stands.
>>
>>338040981

>This game is for FF7 "fans" who never played FF7. The people whose first encounter with FF7 was watching AC or playing KH

I played it long before those, but I know I'd personally still like to see an updated version. Its just so memorable and I'd like to see the characters brought to life.

The spinoffs were by no means perfect, considering the addition of some questionable characters and themes. But it gave us a look at what the game could be in the future. Even back when the tech demo was teased, people went nuts.

I just thought they should save it for a landmark anniversary or something.
>>
>fans ask for a remake
>literally get a remake
>fans get mad
>>
>>338041529

You keep grasping but getting nothing.
>>
>>338041690

It's not a remake. It's not even FF7.
>>
>>338041552
>But it gave us a look at what the game could be in the future
Absolute trash?
>>
>>338035334
Prease buy this game 3 times
>>
>>338041552
>I just thought they should save it for a landmark anniversary or something
2017 is the 20th anniversary of the game.
>>
File: 1440416685697.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1440416685697.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>it's what the people want
>>
>>338041730

Your response to me accusing you of wanting to play the same game again is "they could change up the game instead of doing a 1-to-1 remake". That is exactly what they're doing, but you're complaining that it is not 1-to-1 enough.

The only conclusion I can draw is that you are lying to yourself -- you do want to play the same game again, maybe with a bit of extra content. You want the developers to waste years of their time and millions of dollars to play 90% of the same thing again (that's being generous, we both know Square wouldn't add 10% new content to a straight remake) and then you want to pay full price for it (because if you don't want to pay full price for it, then you have no right to complain). All of those resources could be put towards new experiences (good or bad) but you want the same thing again no matter the cost.

"Proper" remakes have no place in the industry anymore. The purpose remakes previously served was
- making old games widely available again (we have emulation and digital releases now)
- improving the graphics (which now costs ridiculous amounts of time and money)
- adding new content (which is a good thing, but requires the new graphics part as well).
>>
>>338042060

I mean that the updated graphics can give us insight into what the game could look like on modern hardware.
>>
File: 1403657185368.jpg (15 KB, 251x247) Image search: [Google]
1403657185368.jpg
15 KB, 251x247
>>338042283

Oh... how nice that worked out then.
>>
>>338042491
>play 90% of the same thing again (that's being generous, we both know Square wouldn't add 10% new content to a straight remake)
No, it's 90% the same ganme because they cut the last 10% instead.
>>
>>338042351

That was funny and I respect your opinion on the matter
>>
>>338042717

All the more reason why a straight remake would be terrible. It would be paying full price for less than what you've already played.
>>
>>338035334
Ok cool. That means that I can play up though Midgard and be done with it. Best part of the original game.

I always stop playing when I hit Kalm anyway.
>>
I'm playing the game for the first time, disc 3 and chocobo breeding is such a pain in the arse
>>
>>338036165
>>338036553
>Not mentioning Wall Market
>Not mentioning Honey Bee Inn and Cloud's totally homo gay orgy in the hot semen tub.
>>
>>338035334

I just want some remake footage of the rest of Gaia.

We've seen Midgar in its HD, re-imagined form for years, years and years, game after movie after game, and that's all was in the VII Remake trailer too. I know how it's going to look.

I'm anxious to see how the gold saucer will look, the northern crater, the shinra building. There's lots of great locales and rooms that I'm anxious they'll not capture the feel of. It will feel like a very different game indeed if too many of the locations are designed differently.
>>
>>338042491
>Your response to me accusing you of wanting to play the same game again is "they could change up the game instead of doing a 1-to-1 remake". That is exactly what they're doing, but you're complaining that it is not 1-to-1 enough.
No, you're just making assumptions in hopes of being technically right.

Also, there's a significant difference between fixing some things and making a new game then claiming its the same.

>"Proper" remakes have no place in the industry anymore.
Says you. Remakes of games like WC3 and KOTOR would be stellar.

>we have emulation and digital releases now
Neither of which fix everything and often times makes shit worse. That goes specifically for emulation which still has errors in some SNES games.
>>
>>338035334
>>Battle system almost identical to FFXV
Not really. The fact that you have multiple controllable characters means it's different. Hell, it kind of reminded me of FF12's combat.
>>
>>338043253

Wall market isn't that important IMO. Just Sector 5 and 6 in general, really. The park was more memorable for me than that,

The other scene is one that I've never seen before... let's leave that out....
>>
>>338043563

Again... Almost.
>>
>>338043253
I think wall market, honey bee inn and cross dressing will make it, but yeah collecting the items probably won't be due to hot tub and doing squats
>>
>>338043447

>No, you're just making assumptions in hopes of being technically right.

Tell me where I'm wrong, then. About how different would your ideal FF7 remake be from the original?

>Also, there's a significant difference between fixing some things and making a new game then claiming its the same.

Exactly. You want the former, which would be a terrible waste of the developer's time and money, when any sane person would want the latter because they've already played the game.

If all you want are minor fixes to a great game as opposed to an entirely new game (because that is what you would be giving up), I don't know what to say.
>>
No matter how the remake turns out /v/ will shitpost about it

Even though 90% of /v/ is underage and hasn't played FFVII to begin with
>>
I hope they dial back the combat if it's going to be like XV.
Playing the XV demo, the endless teleporting and weapon switching mid combo also removes that feeling of weight and consequence to combat in my opinion.

It's like, the first KH felt weighty as fuck, positioning mattered and it really felt like you were playing as a teenager throwing a big metal key around.
KH2 was slicker but ultimately went a little bit too far with Sora literally cutting flying skyscrapers in half.
>>
>>338043929
>I don't know what to say.
That you have no argument other than your opinion.
>>
>>338043929

Or to add, if all you want are minor fixes then there is even less of a reason to make a remake. We live in a time where these things can be patched in to a digital release -- you should be petitioning Square to fix their digital release.
>>
File: mah n.jpg (26 KB, 446x336) Image search: [Google]
mah n.jpg
26 KB, 446x336
>>338043976
>>
>>338043929
>You want the former, which would be a terrible waste of the developer's time and money, when any sane person would want the latter because they've already played the game.
Market trend and sales data say otherwise. Remasters and proper remakes have all been wildly popular and here to stay.
>>
So what exactly DO fans of FF7 want in a remake? I can hardly ever see anyone agreeing on whether this is good or bad
>>
>>338044201

Obviously you are allowed to have your opinion. I'm not going to stop you from wanting to pay full price for the same game when you could have had an entirely new experience.

But you cannot go on to shitpost
>No. The people wanted a remake, not a reimagining.
where you assume the opinions of other people match your own.
>>
>>338044194

My nigga, you know what's up.
>>
>>338043038
>disc 3
it's literally just FMV's and a final dungeon
what's a pain in the ass about it
>>
>>338041834
Is it FF8? then?
>>
>>338043976
I'm 19 and played it recently. It was okay
>>
>>338044876
>Is it FF8?
I wish. That's the one FF game that could truly use an adaption like this considering how hit or miss it is.
>>
I'm not particularly offended by it's existence or anything. I'm just not really looking forward to it in any way because I think it's pretty unnecessary. If I could love the original game as much as I do in it's current state, all this remake will do is provide things for me to nitpick at and dislike. So in that regard I just don't really care about it. If it turns out well, that's good for them, but the only way they could actually please me is to make a 1:1 remake with better graphics, which they've already stated they aren't doing.
To that effect I'm basically just looking at it like a different thing entirely.
>>
>>338041834
It is though. You want a graphics mod, not a remake. Thankfully we're getting the latter though.
>>
>>338035334
The battle system isn't even close to what XV is, are you fucking blind? Everything in 7R is entirely menu based with canned animations, there is no aerial combat, there is no jumping, there is no dodge rolls, there is no parries, there is no weapon switching, it's nothing like XV system.

XV is an actual Action RPG with direct button inputs mapped to different commands and fully action based combat.

7R is a real time menu RPG, it still operates through the menu while you run around in real time, all your commands are still through the menu.
>>
>>338045171
REmake is the gold standard of remakes, update, improve and expand (on ideas that could not be implemented originally).

They're treating it like a do-over with their reimagining.
>>
>>338035604
Angeal is long dead by the time FFVII happens anyway

Providing nods to the other Compilation games would be fine if you ask me. FFVIIR IS a Compilation title, after all (as in, not a replacement FFVII).
Like a Tsviet cameo, or some hints about theirs and Deepground's origins or whatever
Maybe some info on the time between Crisis Core and VII, or some more info on the Turks that could tie into Before Crisis

>>338039779
>with all the little touch and funny stuff that made FF7 a classic in the first place sucked away
Ah, you must be a time traveler. Welcome back to the past!

I'm sure that's the case, because you wouldn't make such a wide, decisive statement based on a teaser and about 30 seconds of combat footage, would you?

It must mean you've already played the game and seen this to be the case.
>>
>>338040981
>This game is for FF7 "fans" who never played FF7. The people whose first encounter with FF7 was watching AC or playing KH.
What if those people played FFVII after KH or AC?

Or is that just not possible somehow
Obviously if you didn't play FFVII in 1997, you've never played it!
>>
>>338039779
First of all 7R is nothing like XV.

Second of all FF7 itself was ATB based, not turn based, being turn based like DQ is nothing like what FF7 ever was.

FF7R is real time movement with ATB and command menu, it's nothing like XV, the closest thing it is to is FF12.
>>
>>338045604
>update, improve and expand (on ideas that could not be implemented originally).

From what we know so far this is exactly what they're doing. And to an even greater extend the REmake did.
>>
>>338045762
>What if those people played FFVII after KH or AC?

You're a completely separate audience than the ones who played ff7 around its release date. Not saying you cant enjoy the game but I'd imagine what you would want it to be wouldn't be what older FF& fans would want if you favor KH and AC more.
>>
>>338045604
To be fair RE is literally a game that can be beaten in 2 hours.
>>
File: go on.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
go on.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
I guess for all of those who really don't have any love for the FF7 Remake, there are always PC mods.

It looks pretty ok, I suppose
>>
I want to be able to share the FF7 I love with my friends through an updated presentation so that it is a bit easier for them to digest. FF7R will not even come close to fitting this bill. They're pulling a George Lucas, but worse... like they have no respect for the original expression.

Also, relatively speaking, it will fail by the multi-game model. You can't properly hype FF7 PART ONE the same way you can if you drop the whole thing in one go (which is what one of the greatest games of all time would deserve)

In short, as of now it's shit unless fans provide some monumental backlash
>>
>>338046201
Well I would qualify as someone who prefers KH, and my first real FFVII experience was AC

Actually FFVII was the last part of the series I got to
And I didn't actually get to finish the game myself because I stupidly used the PAL .iso which is apparently broken in emulation

And I do prefer action-RPGs, because I think they're more fun and engaging
But I wouldn't have minded FFVIIR being ATB

But, unlike a lot of the FFVII fanboys, even if it were basically just FFVII but prettier, I'd want there to be changes because I found the combat sorely lacking, and the game as a whole was just a bit too easy. The writing and pacing of the narrative in general, that could've used some extra work as well.

Overall my opinion of FFVII is that it's just alright. I don't think that I'd have a much different opinion if I had played it in '97.

First thing I thought when we had that teaser for FFVIIR was "thank God, a better translation"
'Cause dang, that first attempt was pretty rough

I'm mostly excited for FFVIIR because it's a fresh take on a game that had more potential than it lived up to, and I think they have the opportunity to do some cool things with it, for new and old fans alike.
>>
>>338046156
>From what we know so far this is exactly what they're doing.
From what we know, it's a different game. It's nothing like REmake.
>>
>>338035334
You can approach it in a more positive way by reminding yourself that it's technically a new game. There is only one Final Fantasy VII, and it was released for the PS1 in 1997.
>>
>>338046156
>they've said multiple times that they want to retell the story from scratch and not simply rethread it
That does not sound like a remake. That's redo with their own spin.

REmake was a huge success because it was a more complete vision of what the creator wanted. Pretty much exactly what the fans expected and wanted.

>>338046558
Larger game doesn't mean less effort is acceptable.
>>
So what does everyone think of no possibility of FF7R (or KH3, or Nier Automata) until at the earliest Summer of 2017?
Apparently during a shareholder meeting Squeenix showed the games coming out within the next fiscal year and none of the aforementioned games were on the list.
Wasn't the point of splitting 7R into multiple games to at least in part expedite it somewhat?
>>
>>338045638
It's not a matter of whether or not Angeal was alive in the compilation universe during the events of FF7 - It's whether or not his character existed in 1997.
>>
>>338047085

20th Anniversary of FF7 is next year, so that seems appropriate.

As for KH3, I don't know. I like the series. but I couldn't guess where it is in the release schedule.
>>
>>338047021
...which is what literally no one was asking for and what only plebs will defend
>>
I liked what I saw, and I can't wait for it. I still have yet to beat the original. Who cares what the minority says, it looks amazing and whatever they decide to put in or take out it won't matter since the babies will have their original game. So far nothing has been confirmed to be taken out but I hope they expand on the universe by adding elements from the compilation for the biggest fans of FFVII.

>>338047085
We won't see FF7R until the end of next year. KH3 won't be out till early 2018. I don't know about Nier.
>>
>>338047332
My guess is that 7R will be their "big" title of 17 which means holiday or at least sometime in that frame.

>>338047406
I'm just mad because they keep delaying or witholding release dates for games that would make me actually get a PS4. Like shit at this point the PS4 will be 4+ years old by the time I actually get one. I guess I shouldn't dislike that too much but I want to play bloodborne without feeling like I'm wasting money.
>>
>>338047406
>adding elements from the compilation for the biggest fans of FFVII.
You can be a fan and be cognizant of its faults and failings.
You don't need to like every aspect to be a fan.
We are most critical of the things we like.
>>
File: kanye-sad.jpg (48 KB, 558x372) Image search: [Google]
kanye-sad.jpg
48 KB, 558x372
So one of the best games ever is now going to be made into a reskinned Kingdom Farts. Great.
>>
>>338047406
>Never beat the original
>Wants to talk about and for "the biggest fans"
Leave
>>
>>338046970
just like I thought the AC/KH generation pretend other genres don't exist. I didn't need to have FF7 be some crazy fast paced action game I play fighting games for that. Gameplay wise there are so many game outclass KH when it comes to 3rd person action that I question why it is popular at all. As for story the translation for FF7 could definitely use work in some places.
>>
>>338047672
7R is nothing like XV or KH.

7R is closest to FF12 but faster, with the ATB working like a system similar to LRs one but in reverse, so it fills up when you input commands, but everything you do is still from a command from a menu and you only move around in real time.
>>
>>338047004
>>338047051
Yes, REmake is a glorified graphics mod but thankfully the FF7 remake does even more updating, improving and expanding. They truly get to make the game they wanted to but couldn't because of technical limitations instead of just sprinkling some pretty grafix on the exact same thing everyone already played and can play right now. In fact, you can even download some graphics mods for the PC version so you can have your desired remake right now.

>That does not sound like a remake. That's redo
Hahahaha. You're a funny guy.
>>
>>338039779
that picture looks like something I want to play
>>
>>338039525
>It was a pretty typical RPG length at the time.

really? I got bored when cloud awoke from his coma, the game was getting too stupid to be entertaining at that point, I figured I was somewhat halfway through and couldn't be fucked anymore
>>
>>338047879
>the AC/KH generation pretend other genres don't exist
Excuse me but when the fuck did I do that?
>>
>>338047919
>improving
Nope. You're taking a top 20 game and making it worse.
>>
>>338047919
>REmake is a glorified graphics mod
You're not seriously trying to insult REmake are you?
>>
File: 1303613233777.gif (453 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
1303613233777.gif
453 KB, 160x120
>>338045638
I hope there is no fucking reference to deepground and that shit is removed from existence.

Its so dumb.
>>
>>338048078

Pretty sure that was after 7 and AC.

Game was basically a cash grab, but it was still fun
>>
>>338047589
I got a PS3 for KH3 and FFversusXIII but that never happened, I still ended up enjoying my PS3 with it's insane library of games. I bought a PS4 for KH3 and FFXV but there is still a bunch of games I bought for it. Mostly multiplatform because I don't play on PC.

>>338047607
I'm talking about FF7 purists. Most people here like to outright claim every other game in the series is "garbage".

>>338047836
No, go fuck yourself. I'm working on it. I have played all the other ones and put off beating FFVII for a long time because it was released on a ton of platforms and I wasn't interested at the time. Now I feel most comfortable playing it on the PS4, the only thing I use is the speed up button.
>>
>>338047919
Shill go home.
>>
>>338048232
It was mediocre to be honest, but it was great to see the old areas as 3D environments, pretty nostalgic.

I think thats the only reason I managed to plow my way thru the game
>>
>>338036165
>>tifa's big tits
Going by Nomura's art for G-Bike I don't think so.
>>
>>338048385
>Most people here like to outright claim every other game in the series is "garbage".
Again, you can be a fan and cognizant of its faults and failings.

Even the biggest fans may dislike the expanded universe of the compilation. THat does not make them less of a fan.
>>
>>338048385
>I'm working on it.
But you haven't, yet you are somehow qualified to talk down to people that have? Go dig a hole and jump in it.
>>
>>338048457

Like most games in that genre, it was a nice little 5hr romp in a familiar universe. That's what I liked about it.

As for the gameplay, the mechanics were flawed and clunky. Still went and finished it all the same.
>>
>>338048681
Yes it does. It means they are purists who were never fans of the series, they are just a fan of the game, simply put.

>>338048695
I'm qualified to talk however I feel like talking. I am a fan of the series, bigger than both of you. I've beaten every other game in the series besides FF7. Why don't you check the faggot's reply above and apply it to your own?
>>
>>338047983
I think KH/AC fans just think they have more control because of the direct control of one character but that is not what the main FF games have been about. If you honestly enjoy that kind of gameplay look elsewhere because it has been done better that what SE can put out.
>>
>>338049168
Tell me a game that has KH-like combat but better.
>>
>>338048990
>If you don't like RE5/6 you aren't a fan of the series!
>If you don't like Chrono Cross you're not a true Chrono Trigger fan!
>If you don't like every FF you're not a real FF fan!
Please, continue to be this retarded. It is amusing.
>>
>>338049168
Fuck off faggot.
>>
Some thoughts without much structure:

I think equating a new FFVII to a new game is fallacious and in fact disingenuous. FFXVI would be a new game.

In fact to illustrate the desirability:

God's Manna - - - - FFXVI - - - - - - - - - - FFVII Remake - - - FFVII Reimagining - Bubsy 3D (Do note that a single tick is a large distance.)

That being said, the reimagining is welcome in the sense that it's clearly connected to the Compilation and can be disregarded therefore very easily instead of trying to overwrite the original. The Compilation on its own is snack food melodrama, which can be fun, when approached with the respect it deserves.

There's no need to get disappointed or outraged. It's gonna suck and that's okay. The market will hopefully punish S-E, but even that's not necessary, since FFVII is going nowhere. Is it a shame we couldn't get a harder/more complex/better translated (Although that's useless now. We've all decrypted it already.) FFVII or just a graphics touch-up? Yes, it's a wasted chance and the only one S-E had but it's not the end of the world.

I get more positive about this every day. I'm rather convinced it'll be idiotic and therefore entertaining. If it goes hyper-serious and boring, then the entertainment will come from the fanbase.
>>
>>338049323
I've expected nitpicking, mocking, and shit-flinging. Those exclamation marks really do their job too, don't they?

I'm talking about the FF7 series, not the Final Fantasy series as a whole. If you liked FF7 and nothing else, then you're a fan of the game, not the series, obviously. You can still be a fan of the Final Fantasy series if you like more than one of them, but that's hardly a fan. You just like two of their games, same for RE. CC and CT are pretty much treated as separate games anyway.
>>
>>338049168
>If you honestly enjoy that kind of gameplay look elsewhere because it has been done better that what SE can put out.
I've never played or seen a game that plays like any of the KH games.

The gameplay system is pretty unique.
>>
>>338047989
That's a great theory but nah, for all we know they are making it much better.
>>
>>338049796
>If you don't like every aspect of the FF7 series you're not a real FF7 fan!
Same shit, still amused.
>>
>>338050192
Great reply. You sure showed me(!!!).
It may be amusing to you because you're also a fan of mediocre entertainment, and a fan of the game, FF7, only.
>>
>>338050382
>and a fan of the game, FF7, only.
That's not true, I said nothing of my likes and dislikes of the series. Just pointed out your retardation into No True Scotsman territory.

Dirge is genuinely terrible though
>>
>>338049251
>>338049907
I think the premise if fairly unique Disney/FF getting meshed together but it's still just a Hack and Slash and I usually group it with DMC and the like. I think games like DMC,Bayonetta, and Ninja Gaiden are close enough that I can group KH with them and all have given me a better experience. But this is not about KH it's about FF7 and since KH3 and FFXV are around the corner there is no reason for it to play like either which from what we have seen it looks like it does.
>>
>>338050612
I don't need any underwear with my kilt.

If you're a FF7 purist, you're a fan of the game, not the series. I'm sure you're going to keep repeating the same things like a pretentious retard would.

>>338050935
KH is absolutely nothing like NG, Bayonetta, or DMC, especially combat wise. Kingdom Hearts isn't "Hack n' slash" either. It's an action RPG unlike the other games you listed.
>>
>>338050935
>which from what we have seen it looks like it does.
No it doesn't at all.
>>
>>338051305
>I'm sure you're going to keep repeating the same things like a pretentious retard would.
It's not my fault you're too dense to understand a simnple concept.
>>
>>338050935
>it's still just a Hack and Slash
No, it's an action-RPG.

The combat is in real time and that's where the similarities between KH and DMC, Bayo or Ninja Gaiden end.

You're really simplifying all of these games and their core mechanics in order to make this comparison.

The function of KH's Command Menu alone makes it a completely different beast.
>>
>>338039779
dragon quest is terrible
>>
>>338050935
>Hack and Slash and I usually group it with DMC and the like
Going to stop you right there.

DMC, Bayonetta, and Ninja Gaiden are all 3D Brawlers.
>>
>>338051960
Simple genre categorisation is made difficult when every game is taking aspects from many basic genres.

It's time to give up and embrace the Venn diagram.
>>
>>338052362
>Simple genre categorisation is made difficult when every game is taking aspects from many basic genres.
Not really. Too many people just like to mislabel shit and expect people to know what they are talking about. Those games evolved from side scrolling beatem ups and should be treated as such.
>>
>>338051519
This 'simple' concept needs to exist first for me to be able to understand it.

All you did was mock and nitpick me like any other useless 4chan browser; you're not special. My point still stands true, high, and mighty.

You're not a fan of the series, you're just a fan of the game, FF7. That goes for anybody who doesn't like the other games of the series. Give me the (you) I won't read and run off and play in the grass or something.
>>
>>338051305
>>338051697
>>338051960
>>338052586

regardless of what genre they fit in I group KH with these due to how the mechanics in game work when fighting. The menu is nothing unique it's just an easier place to put magic and enemy specific attacks similar to Bayo's torture attacks and Dantes ability to surf on downed enemies and Hayabusa"s magic and items which all these games share an on screen menu for.
>>
>>338051960
Going to stop you right there.
DMC, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden are all Character Action Games.
>>
Hentai games are why Yuffi has become my favorite FF girl, mostly due to the shit i have done to her.

I turned her into a massive titted hypnotized exhibitionist slut, with a body that can't resist pleasure, who puts on dog ears so strangers will degrade her/monsters fuck her until she cannot help but strip down and masturbate
>>
>>338052994

That's just a /v/ forced term that doesn't make sense.
>>
>>338039779
>FFVIIR IS SO BAD TRUST ME I'M A TIME TRAVELER
>It should've literally looked like Dragon Quest XI which is almost complete contrast of VII
?????
>>
>>338052960
It's literally a fucking ARPG no matter what you associate it with.

>enemy specific attacks similar to Bayo's torture attacks and Dantes ability to surf on downed enemies and Hayabusa"s magic and items which all these games share an on screen menu for.
Literally only KH2 has reaction commands.

Do you people even fucking play the games?
>>
>>338052994
stop using that fucking name asscancer
>>
>>338045484
By your logic, all of Kingdom Hearts was through a Menu too.
>>
>>338053249
>Literally only KH2 has reaction commands.
you mean menu based QTEs stop anon this is starting to sound sad
>>
>>338053613
They're not QTEs you idiot.

QTEs are the shit that you see in Bayonetta. 99% of the time QTEs are forced upon you and you receive penalty for failing them. There are only very few QTEs in KH2 but reaction commands are NOT QTEs.
>>
>>338053495
Except KH is literally an ARPG.

Being Actiony =/= ARPG like with VIIR
>>
>>338053495
But it isn't because in KH you have actions mapped to face buttons, you have jumping, dodge rolls, aerial combat etc.
>>
>>338052960
>I group KH with these due to how the mechanics in game work when fighting
You mean... that they all feature real-time combat.

Because as someone who has played every KH game, and all the numbered DMC games, I do not find anything beyond that which would warrant grouping them together.

And I assume you're only talking about KH1 and KHII.

Because CoM, Days, BbS, Re:coded DDD, and χ are all very different.

You would really have to either be very dense or largely ignorant of KH's mechanics in order to draw this comparison.
>>
>>338037930

god i hope not
>>
File: 1445564617999.jpg (48 KB, 615x458) Image search: [Google]
1445564617999.jpg
48 KB, 615x458
>>338039221

>mfw all of this true

just end it
>>
>>338048990

>Yes it does. It means they are purists who were never fans of the series, they are just a fan of the game, simply put.

Yeah no shit. What do you think this is a remake of? So far I haven't seen anything called "Compilation of FFVII: Remake".

If you knew shit about the original Sakaguchi production, untainted by the garbage cash grabs that came way later, you wouldn't keep talking out of your ass like this. They are failing to make a remake that does justice to the original. Simple as that.
>>
>>338043976
Anon, /v/ shits on literally every single game except star citizen and loli waifugames

You shouldn't take any posts here seriously
>>
>>338052691
>This 'simple' concept needs to exist first for me to be able to understand it.
You can be a fan and cognizant of its faults and failings. It's worth repeating, unfortunately it seems necessary in your case.

Expanded fluff isn't detached from the game it's derived from. Not liking the derivative has no bearing on being a fan of the series overall.

You insist on calling it a series yet RE is a series. You can be a fan of the overall series and not like the direction they took it in. Doesn't make you less of a fan of the series.

You seem to have confused a fan with a fanboi at some point in your life. There are fans that admire the work itself and there are fans that like everything with the name attached to it.

True fan/real fan is all just nonsense. We are most critical of what we love. It's not all malicious, it's mostly just 'expected better and was disappointed'.

I love the Shadow Hearts series but SH3 was an awful game and the series would be better off without it. You could say the same of Wild ARMs, Grandia, Suikoden etc.

Things we're a fan off can churn out bad products, or at least products we don't like.

Most of this is literally reiterating the same point because I cannot make it simpler and yet you still fail to understand it.

It's not even simply you disagreeing
>This 'simple' concept needs to exist first for me to be able to understand it.
you literally cannot fathom the exiastence of the concept. By your own admission.
>>
>>338046970

you are what is wrong with rpgs

please take your adhd combat and kindly fuck right off
>>
>>338035864
I never wanted a remake with the exact same shit gameplay that was shit in 1997 and is shit in 2016. I have no interest in trudging through a boring turn based RPG that does nothing interesting and plays slow as hell. Remaking it completely to have a Kingdom Hearts/FFXV battle system is one of the best decisions ever made by Square Enix.
>>
>>338055281
>It's a if you like action combat you have adhd meme episode
>>
>>338055368

Shitty bait. Doesn't even have the same combat system.
>>
File: 1445391826560.jpg (46 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
1445391826560.jpg
46 KB, 500x379
>this whole thread
>"theres nothing wrong with three separate games"
>"turn based is boring. it should be like kh"
>"lets leave out wall market"
>"i havent beat the first one but the new one looks a-mazing!! :^)"
>"i've played 7, 8 and 9 so I know what I'm talking about"

i hate you all
>>
>>338055983
Kill yourself.
>>
I don't want FFXV or KH's battle systems, because we have those already. I didn't want FF7's ATB system unchanged either. I wanted something that felt like an evolution of it, something that takes it and gives it more action. Basically I just wanted them to fix up FFXIII's shitty combat system and make it something good. I think that makes the most logical sense.
>>
>>338055983
+1

It hurts not being underage
>>
>>338037797
You're taking the evidence presented wrong. Hojo is a successful scientist. You see his work all over FF7. The Jenova project is largely responsible for all the weird ass shit you see in that game. This is a world with robot triceratops monsters. This scene is not Hojo's first rodeo. He knows what he's doing.
>>
>>338036165

>orthopedic underwear

If they show up in the game, I'm wondering if they'll actually get the name right this time. They were mistranslated in the original FF VII and just had their name changed in Disidia.
>>
but WHY the FUCK couldn't they just fix their already extremely unbalanced combat system that they already had?? If they put more emphasis on magic and materia and not just making physical teams absolute game sweepers maybe people wouldn't think that turn-based combat in this game was so fucking boring? Implement a random encounter controller? there are ways to make turn based combat interesting and engaging but NO they just hop on the action-RPG bandwagon because apparently they DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FUCKING ACTION-RPGS PLANNED.
>>
>>338056324
I'd expect ATB mixed with FFXII minus Gambits.
Auto-attacks to make the ATB build time not look dead, freedom of movement around the field and simple ATB on top.
Think like 30 damage AAs, then the ATB Attack option would be something like 100 damage. Something like 2 AAs per ATB fill.

That's the best I can really hope for at this point.
>>
>>338055983
>FFVII
>Turnbased
At this point I'm convinced that ATB players have never even touched turn-based.
>>
>raking in not just 70 bucks from nostalgiafags, but 210 bucks by cutting up a single game into three parts
GENIUS!
>>
>>338057036
See >>338057176 also, your ARPG whining is unfound seeing as it is not one.
>>
>>338057176
They probably left it on ATB Wait like the retards they are.
>>
File: jumpfesta-cloud-0.jpg (70 KB, 598x960) Image search: [Google]
jumpfesta-cloud-0.jpg
70 KB, 598x960
>>338035334
It's not, though.
>Party Switching
>ATB element involved.

>It's what the people want, but is it what should happen?
Honestly, I'm just glad they're mixing it up a bit. Being an artist and being told to do something you did before again but to "Keep it the same just do it better!" must be fucking grating to deal with. I'm glad they're doing what they think works best this time around, even if I might not do the same in their shoes.
>>
File: Came here to laugh at ya, foo!.jpg (234 KB, 1338x1338) Image search: [Google]
Came here to laugh at ya, foo!.jpg
234 KB, 1338x1338
>>338055983
>"theres nothing wrong with three separate games"
This has yet to be proven right or wrong. It's going to depend ENTIRELY on what they do with this three separate releases and whether or not they actually take advantage of the fact that they're releasing three separate games and make the areas and content involved in each release expansive and fun to explore.

Judging from what we've seen of the first 30 minutes of the game, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they know what they're doing.

What everyone should REALLY be concerned about is the OST. So far, in every bit of promotional material released, they've just used bits from the Advent Children soundtrack, which, while not bad in itself, is a far cry away from the tracks in the original that were so classic. The approach to a movie soundtrack and a game soundtrack is very, very different, and if they just use the AC OST for the remake, then I expect a lot of poorly edited looping of music that isn't quite what they should have used.
>>
>>338057493
Thing is it's a remake anon.
It's not meant to be something new or a refreshing spin, it's meant to be an enhanced version of the original game for the fans of the series and newcomers.

It doesn't mean it can't have new content like items, bosses, side quests, party members etc., just that the gameplay should be a refined version of what it was in the first place.
This is especially true for Final Fantasy when each game has varying mechanics and such that set them apart from each other.

>Being an artist and being told to do something you did before again but to "Keep it the same just do it better!" must be fucking grating to deal with.
Then they should be opposed to the idea of a remake altogether because regardless of how they change the gameplay someone is going to be told just to do what they did before but better.
>>
>>338057981
>SE
>assume they know what they're doing.
A 2 step recipe to disaster
>>
>>338057176

sorry, i didn't use the correct term

you're right though, ff7 combat would be much better if it were truly turn-based instead of atb-based or whatever the correct term is. might increase the difficulty a bit.

ff4 was a mistake
>>
>>338058168
Fresh memes as usual, /v/.
>>
>They're adding stuff so it's not a remake!

Are you people literally retarded? Words mean things
>>
>>338058479
It's unfortunate you haven't been around long enough to see it all happen in front of you.

Don't you have an FF7 game to finish?
>>
>>338058154
>It's not meant to be something new or a refreshing spin,
Most Remakes are exactly this, with varying results. To their credit, Nomura's realistic take on the FFVII world seems to be keeping the aesthetic intact almost perfectly, so I guess so far, so good. The only thing they're doing differently is the gameplay, and I've always said that FFVII's battle system is inherently flawed in it's execution and the materia system would be put to far better use in a different genre, so we'll see how that turns out.

Only one I can think of that stays entirely faithful is REmake, but Resident Evil 1 is a game that strictly CANNOT be made any differently because of the way the horror was structured around the claustrophobic mansion, and even then, they added quite a bit of content.
>>
>>338043253
Nomura explicitely stated that Cloud's crossdressing will be there
>>
>>338058713
>Most Remakes are exactly this
They aren't really, they're usually just expansions to the world and such and up until now Square's own remakes were exactly the same barely touching the gameplay.

>Nomura's realistic take on the FFVII world seems to be keeping the aesthetic intact almost perfectly
That's fine, updating the visuals is one of the big things a remake should do along with delving deeper into the lore of the world and so on but if you go beyond that then you may as well just make an entirely new game because you've overstepped the boundary that makes something a remake.
>>
>>338058697
I've played through it three times.

So tell me about your evidence about how SE is going to fuck this up. No, wait, let me guess: JUST LOOK AT FFXIII! Am I right?
>>
File: dissidia_cloud-1200x675.jpg (130 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
dissidia_cloud-1200x675.jpg
130 KB, 1200x675
>>338058719
This.

Nomura actually seems like the one person left in the original staff of the game that understands what made FFVII such a joy to play through hence why he changed the gameplay, I guess. :^) Kitase is an idiot that aims far too high at elements that aren't quite FFVII-like (Advent Children's change from an action short to a full length angstfest is good evidence of this) and Nojima is a madman of a writers that needs people to reign him in (Cloud in the first half of Advent Children is also good evidence of this.)

Fun fact, it was Shinji Hashimoto that wanted the Remake to have Advent Children-like visuals; A decision Nomura didn't have much say in. Whenever he's given freedom to make things look how he likes, he always draws Cloud in his classic look. When he was sent to Team Ninja to ensure that the aesthetics of the characters, Cloud ended up looking like this. Same story with Smash.
>>
>>338035334
>One reason cited for multiple parts was so SqEn"did not have to cut any of the original content "

What does that even mean? I still don't understand why the game is being split up. Why do they even need to do that in the first place?

Sounds to me like they bit off more than they could chew when they agreed to do this remake and realized what a massive project it was going to end up being.
>>
>>338058713
>Only one I can think of that stays entirely faithful is REmake
The Pokemon remakes
The FF4 remake
The Etrian Untold series
The DQ remakes
Super Star Ultra
>>
>>338059656
>Sounds to me like they bit off more than they could chew when they agreed to do this remake and realized what a massive project it was going to end up being.

They never actually agreed to do it, it's just that people wouldn't shut the fuck up about it.

This is more or less them going "FIIIIIINE."
>>
File: 1463461203256.png (865 KB, 833x899) Image search: [Google]
1463461203256.png
865 KB, 833x899
>tfw it will probably run way better on PS4K
>>
>>338060006
>it's just that people wouldn't shut the fuck up about it.
>get FF7 but totally different instead of a true remake
That's a monkey's paw situation if I've ever seen one.
>>
>>338060116
When's that thing coming out anyway?
>>
File: 7d7ec21387f6f8cc95fcc04c3047f6d8.jpg (412 KB, 1161x1600) Image search: [Google]
7d7ec21387f6f8cc95fcc04c3047f6d8.jpg
412 KB, 1161x1600
>>338060116
>mfw I held off on buying a PS4 specifically because the Remake was far off and then the PS4K was announced.

Made my day when I realized I wouldn't have to play FFVIIR at 30fps with drops.
>>
>>338060209
>To /v/ true remake is the same fucking game but with better graphics

stop
>>
>>338059292
>XIII
Low hanging fruit are no fun.
Try recent DQ, XIV, SaGa, Crystal Chronicles.
>>
>>338039145
S-sauce?
>>
>>338035334
>being 3 full size games
Its funny that you believe this.

Except they've already admitted it isn't going to be the same as the original.
FF7 was my favorite and I would've loved this but I am not buying this turd.
>>
>>338060450
>Try recent DQ
?

>XIV
MMO that's pretty much just lacking in content, not necessarily fucked up.

>SaGa, Crystal Chronicles.
Can't say anything about these since I've never played either series.
>>
>>338060396
You are aware that remakes aren't meant to drastically change the gameplay right?
Add content
Remake the visuals
Expand the world
All things that previous remakes have done even Square's own.

But you don't remove the gameplay people, that people wanted to see again, in it's entirety and replace it with something that isn't similar in the slightest, you fix the mistakes and enhance it.
>>
>>338060681
>pretty much just lacking in content
Pretty much an expansion that changed nothing and maintained the status quo like a big patch.
There was plenty of 'it's SE, they know what they're doing' with that one.
>>
>>338060897
>You are aware that remakes aren't meant to drastically change the gameplay right?
Completely untrue.

If the gameplay was severely lacking, like with FFVII it's perfectly normal to revamp it.

>But you don't remove the gameplay people, that people wanted to see again
The only way to "fix" the mistakes of FFVII's combat is to revamp it completely.

> in it's entirety and replace it with something that isn't similar in the slightest,
How isn't it similar? Just because ATB doesn't look completely the same now doesn't mean it's so much different.
>>
>>338060314
No clue. We're probably gonna hear about it at E3 in a few weeks
>>
>>338061297
>"I don't like it therefore it's bad and needs changing" - The post
>>
>>338061525
Did you actually play FFVII?

>Get Enemy Skill materia - Trine/Beta/Aqualung being easy catches
Gratz, you won the game!
>Get cure
Gratz, you won the game!
>Start the game
Gratz, you won the game! Puzzled as to how? Because you already have attack which in conjunction of any sort of buffs and cure / items is already more than enough.
>>
>>338061704
I don't know what your experience with the game was but what you just said sounds like absolute bullshit.
Some people didn't know everything about the game when they played it.
>>
>>338035604
Angeal was fine and Genesis would have been tolerable if he ever got what he had fucking coming, e.g., an almost redemption ending in him getting BTFO'd
>>
>>338060631
Nanaki Hatsujou!
>>
>>338061297
>Completely untrue.
There are next to no remakes that change the entirety of the gameplay.
At the most it's a reboot or retelling, not a remake.

>If the gameplay was severely lacking
You improve it you idiot, magic isn't particularly useful in the original right?
Balance physical and magic and make it a viable option of play.
See what I'm doing here? That's fixing a game.

>The only way to "fix" the mistakes of FFVII's combat is to revamp it completely.
It isn't, there are so many ways you can fix the game without shitting on the fans and not giving them what they've wanted for years.

>How isn't it similar?
Have you even seen the trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMWEjWCwjzM
That's not ATB in the slightest, I mean there's a fucking combo/finisher system of sorts.

>>338061704
That's why you balance those options you retard.
>>
>>338061843
>Some people didn't know everything about the game when they played it.
I'm sorry you were stupid enough that you couldn't figure out how to use materia after being told how to use it. Since like I said, fucking attack + cure was all you pretty much needed. Once you got regen it was already over. Then when you got haste it was plain overkill.

And I fucking guarantee you, it didn't require ANY knowledge to pull it off.
>>
>>338036165
You faggots act like EA is developing this shit. When the hell as SE removed things deemed weird or not PC? the shit that happened with BD was Nintendo
>>
>>338062096
see >>338062040
Specifically
>That's why you balance those options you retard.

There's nothing that warranted a total cockslap to the face of your fans like that.
>>
>>338062096
I'm convinced you're talking out your ass and you've only played some bullshit like the Steam or rereleases of the game.
So kindly suck a dick.
>>
I'll buy FFXV and FFVIIR, I'm going to hope they are good, and possibly get my hopes destroyed, most everyone here is going to do the same thing but probably with more skepticism.
>>
>>338062040
>There are next to no remakes that change the entirety of the gameplay.
What is White Knight Chronicles?
What is Yakuza: Kiwami?
What is Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir?

Those come in to mind.

>That's why you balance those options you retard.
Tell me then, how? Nerf attack to the ground? Make enemies have 10x more HP? Remove Enemy Skill?

>See what I'm doing here? That's fixing a game.
And again, how do you balance them? Make Magic deal absurd amounts of damage now?

>It isn't, there are so many ways you can fix the game without shitting on the fans and not giving them what they've wanted for years.
Don't lump everyone in one bunch, dumbo. I'd rather have this than the same shit but "now with less damage with basic attack :D"

>That's not ATB in the slightest, I mean there's a fucking combo/finisher system of sorts.
Of course it's not the same fucking ATB system because it has gone further since VII came out.

Just take a look at XIII trilogy or XII
>>
>>338062393
Nah, I'm just going to pirate them when they're released on PC.
>>
>>338062387
Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess but I can guarantee you it was the PS1 version that I still have left. Stay deluded, though.
>>
>>338062501
pirating... it's like you hate video games.
>>
>>338035334

no matter what happens we will always have the original and they can't take it away from us.

all the spin offs and extended universe shit already crushed my soul. i don't care anymore. the only thing canon to me is the original game. nothing else matters. its all shit.
>>
>>338062568
Oh no, I give money when I think they deserve it. Square doesn't deserve squat for these games.
>>
>>338062652
I know I was joking, maybe they'll do something good with VIIR but XV is like XIII to me, last FF game i liked was 12, which i feel gets under rated.
>>
>>338062652
The irony is that you're still interested enough in their product that you'll pirate it for free but claim that they don't deserve anything for it. Hilarious.

Enjoy getting Denuvo'd
>>
>>338062452
>What is White Knight Chronicles?
>What is Yakuza: Kiwami?
>What is Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir?
Good questions tbqh. What are they again?
>>
>>338062992
Remakes that revamp the combat.
Enjoying getting proven wrong?
>>
>>338062452
A shitty furry game that nobody will buy.
>>
>>338063125
Your attempt at a joke falls flat.
>>
>>338063223
You forgot to tip your fedora.
>>
>3 games to include all the content
Have they not played their own game? It's one of the shortest post-FF4 games in the series. Unless you want to grind Materia for 50 hours for seemingly no reason, you can clear all the content in 30 hours or so.
>>
>>338063319
>you can clear all the content in 30 hours or so
Yeah, but if you want to actually experience said content it takes longer, you fuck.
>>
>>338062804
>recent actions and releases have made them more wary of purchases
>the interest is still there, the willingness to blindly trust is not
You can justify it however you want but at root the company is at fault for turning away a previously loyal customer.
>>
>>338063297
>Has a character turned into an animal like in a fairytale
>HAHA FURRY GAME DAMN I'M ORIGINAL :D
>LE FEDORA TIP TIP
>>
File: 1463432498034.jpg (85 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463432498034.jpg
85 KB, 500x500
>>338035334
>>Battle system almost identical to FFXV
After that platinum demo.
No thanks.
>>
>>338063514
I can understand not willing to pre-order. But if it's a good game why the fuck would you still go for pirate and claim it's not worth a dime?
>>
I've got to ask, how much are you being paid per post?
There's either one pretty underage diehard fanboi here or a simple shill. I'm willing to believe the former but I'd rather rule out the shill first.
>>
>>338063117
Explain. Did they change genres? I've never heard of these titles. TBQH I sort of doubt they're real but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>338063482
That doesn't make any sense, Famicom. By finishing all the content in a game, you have experienced all it has to offer. Nostalgia goggles off, please.
>>
>>338063548
>LE FEDORA TIP TIP
Anon, euphorists love furry.
And that character plus the fairy faggotry.
That game stinks of gay bullshit and its the reason I'm not buying the game.
>>
>>338063690
You can always pay afterwards if it did turn out to be worth a purchase.

I could probably just borrow it off someone. I treat piracy as no different. If I don't like it I wont finish it and then won't buy it.
>>
>>338063774
>TBQH I sort of doubt they're real but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
What? Seriously, what the fuck?
Are you that incapable of googling?

>Did they change genres?
So when did FFVIIR stop being a JRPG, again?
>>
>>338062452
>What is White Knight Chronicles?
>What is Yakuza: Kiwami?
Are you seriously trying to say that these can be considered remakes.
One isn't even called a remake of anything.

>Tell me then, how? Nerf attack to the ground? Make enemies have 10x more HP? Remove Enemy Skill?
>And again, how do you balance them? Make Magic deal absurd amounts of damage now?
You do realise that's what balancing entails right? Hence why it's called balancing. If something is over powered you make it so it's not and vice versa if something is weak.

>Don't lump everyone in one bunch, dumbo. I'd rather have this than the same shit but "now with less damage with basic attack :D"
Good for you but you're certainly in the minority here as far as things go.
People expected a remake, they haven't got it.

>Of course it's not the same fucking ATB system because it has gone further since VII came out.
Then where's that improved ATB system?
Why didn't they use it in this game?
Why did they go with a cheap KH copy instead of Final Fantasy 7?

>Just take a look at XIII trilogy or XII
Those games aren't even ATB games you retard.
>>
>>338035334
Things that would make me drop the game

>Any reference to other spin offs
>Any reference to Advent Children
>Tifa's missiles being nerfed
>Don Corneo, Honey bee inn removed or changed
>Any game being less than 40 hours for the main story
>Cid not smoking and insulting his wife

Any of those and it becomes borrow day one.
>>
>>338064014
Hate to break it to you but XII is ATB.
>>
>>338057017
What were they supposed to be called?
>>
>>338064001
>So when did FFVIIR stop being a JRPG, again?
:^)
Not taking that bait. You have fun arguing on the internets today, Anon.
>>
>>338062804
Well of course I'm interested I just don't think I should shell out what's probably going to be a total of $180 for a product I may not even like because they've drastically changed it.

>Enjoy getting Denuvo'd
Well then I won't play the game ever and they lost a potential purchase.
Ironically anti-piracy hurts sales more than piracy does.
>>
>>338037930
What about the covers Nobuo did in The Black Mages?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQUkfnhP-E
>>
>>338064125
That's ADB you tard.
If you're going to shitpost about Final Fantasy get your shit right.
>>
>>338064014
>Are you seriously trying to say that these can be considered remakes.
Are you an idiot? Like seriously?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakuza_%28video_game%29#Ry.C5.AB_ga_Gotoku:_Kiwami

>A high-definition remake, titled Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (オーディンスフィア レイヴスラシル Ōdin Sufia Reivusurashiru?, stylized as Odin Sphere Leifþrasir), was released in Japan for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita on January 14, 2016, and will be released internationally in June 2016

As for White Knight Chronicles the combat was remade for the better and was included with the second game in one package.

>People expected a remake, they haven't got it.
Except it's a remake, dumbfuck. The fact that you don't acknowledge it as such for whatever autistic reason doesn't mean anything.

>Why did they go with a cheap KH copy instead of Final Fantasy 7?
This statement just shows how stupid you are, you haven't seen KH gameplay in your life, have you?

>Those games aren't even ATB games you retard.
All of them are ATb, idiot. They have the exact same fucking ATB line.
>>
>>338037767
Button those shorts. I wouldn't be opposed to Tifa having some sweet ass hotpants (although her miniskirt is still best) but her breasts are fine the way they are.
>>
>>338064343
Since you're a time-traveler, can you tell me the genre it was changed to?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.