[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /v/'s opinion about Stellaris?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: dont.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dont.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
What is /v/'s opinion about Stellaris?
>>
Fun game with a good foundation for greatness. Still needs work though.

Just a bit scared of how expensive the DLC will be.
>>
>>338022507

Amazing early game exploration, awful late game slog made even more tedious by the warscore system.

Will be great all-around in a year after 100 dollars of DLC.
>>
>>338022507
Great fun for the first hour or two of every game. Everything beyond that is gonna need a tonne of work to make it enjoyable.
>>
Finding it pretty fun, but also finding bugs or unfinished stuff.

>Loads of unknown alien ships flying around in my systems
>No option to research them
>No home planet for them
>They don't attack me, so I leave them alone but want to find out what the fuck they are

>Scourge comes to the galaxy
>Injured Queen mission
>Miss out by seconds because some fuck from the other side of the fucking galaxy somehow made it through the fleets of scourge ships to where the Queen was, and my science ship got dragged into combat as it approached the marker (had two fleets there killing scourge ships)
>Mission doesn't go away and just relocates to the black hole at the centre of the galaxy

>Constant messages from AI about how shit of an empire I have
>They constantly want to trade star charts with me
>Attempt to let their civilian ships into my territory and the trade value drops to -1000 because they're wary of strangers

>Pops migrating to planets, only to get shitty because happiness is tied to habitability
>They began to populate another block, but left before it finished which results in an unusable pop block

>Colonise tomb worlds with Synths
>They instantly change their ways and either become tree huggers (previously militaristic) or vice versa
>Also have to manually build Synth pops on sector managed worlds
>>
File: Regular Human.png (171 KB, 480x502) Image search: [Google]
Regular Human.png
171 KB, 480x502
>>338022507
I THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO REPLACE FLESHBAGS WITH SYNTHETICS
YOU SHOULD DO IT TOO
THEY ARE OBJECTIVELY SUPERIOR TO US BIOLOGICAL UNITS AFTER ALL
>>
>>338023874

Yeah, those ghost pops are a pain in the ass, no matter how much food you throw at those assholes they never grow.

Also the Unbidden invasion is shit, no threat at all even if you are a small empire with shitty tech due to oversights in how their ships are designed.
>>
Shipping a half finished game and selling the other half as DLC. Niggardly as fuck.

I'm sure it'll be great once it costs $80
>>
It's and unfinished piece of shit that I have great buyer's remorse for purchasing.
>>
>>338024160
>Also the Unbidden invasion is shit, no threat at all even if you are a small empire with shitty tech due to oversights in how their ships are designed.

Mine spread like wildfire for a few years then stopped. It's like they don't even build new ships at all or attack. Either that or the AI has been keeping them contained better than I could have imagined.
>>
>>338022507
same as every paradox game, wait for complete edition with all the dlc and play it right the first time.
>>
>>338022507
Boring as fuck, just like the review said.
>>
>>338024049
Until we discover magic, souls and an afterlife, you're very much right. Flesh is weak and temporary. Metal is strong and eternal.
>>
It's mediocre and unoriginal

>people actually defending Paradox and their jewish ways
How do they get away with it?
>>
>>338022507
Fun game, easily put over 100 hours in it. My only regret is knowing that paradox are jewish as fuck and are going to release a fuckton of DLC which i am going to have to pirate
>>
File: 512425123412.png (660 KB, 1037x700) Image search: [Google]
512425123412.png
660 KB, 1037x700
The diplomacy is pretty shit desu
You have to grind alot and avoid wars if you want one AI to join your alliance.
For some reason whenever i win war, even my rep with enemies of my enemies drops drastically.
There are not much diplomatic options in general. Would love to pay/tech/promises one empire so they declare rival/war to other
Also, the lack of spying is depressing. And theres alot of unfinished and broken things
I understand that the game is very complex as it is but it still feels like a shell for future , which is not excuse however. The game is unfinished
>>
File: techprêtre2.png (210 KB, 480x502) Image search: [Google]
techprêtre2.png
210 KB, 480x502
>>338024389
Oh my, you're arousing me.
>>
>>338024543
>game is very complex
>>
>Its unfinished because it doesn't have every feature i want!
When will this meme end?
>>
File: 1430162942370.png (19 KB, 182x233) Image search: [Google]
1430162942370.png
19 KB, 182x233
>>338022507
FOTM as fuck and like everything Paradox shits out, selling beta as a full game. Just wait for them to copy more gameplay elements from better space 4X, wrapping it up as DLC and see retards eat that shit up while hailing Paradox as a master game developer.

Game becomes boring shit after the exploration phase is over and borders get stabilized. No more random events and domestic politics, economics and diplomacy are bare-bones as fuck so the only thing to do in the game is to expand through military conquest. Military conquest itself is extremely slow due to limited warscore system forcing you to fight the same nation over and over again, or if you vassalize them wait over 50 fucking in-game years to politically integrate them.

If you choose not to play a conqueror the only thing to do in the game is to inflate your deathstack, wait for the retarded randomized research to give you something interesting and hope that a galactic crisis occurs so the game finally gives you something to fucking do. Basically gameplay wise Stellaris is extremely shallow while also being inferior to Paradox's previous games in terms of roleplaying opportunities.
>>
>extragalactic invaders happen
>other side of the universe
>try to talk my way into access to the site with about 5 empires, they will all never accept
>declare war on everyone
>drill through all enemies
>still win
Shit game tbqh familia
>>
File: 41qECtjBZlL.jpg (29 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
41qECtjBZlL.jpg
29 KB, 375x500
>>338022507
I have fun. Multiplayer with friends is a cool thing if you tried everything in sp. As a EU4 player, I know paradox will bring enough good updates. In fact they already told what will. Be next: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-33-the-maiden-voyage.932668/

And if I played enough I go back to EU4 and wait for HoI4 and the next Stellaris updates. What a good year for grand strategy.

Thats why I also love pc gaming, playing some GS, RTS and TBS with friends.
>>
File: maybe.jpg (144 KB, 1606x602) Image search: [Google]
maybe.jpg
144 KB, 1606x602
>>338025071
>Game becomes boring shit after the exploration phase is over and borders get stabilized
This happens with a lot of 4X-style games, whether space, land or fantasy. Eventually, every location will be owned by someone.

There should be more areas that simply cannot be colonised. Maybe, for space games, there should be a neutral zone between any nations border. Anything goes in there, you can fight and skirmish and whatever without declaring war. You can try to establish colonies but they wouldn't count as being within your borders so anyone could raid them. Pirates would be common in neutral zones. Freaky events would happen in there. It would be wildlands between empires.

You could only expand your borders further by invading the nation on the other side of the zone and taking their world. That would extend your border and push back the neutral zone is such a way that the world you took from them would now be in the neutral zone.

Anything you would do in the neutral zone would not impact your relations with other empires. Subjugate, enslave or purge to your hearts content. You can deny it all.

Scribbled a little picture in paint to show what I mean and how border would change in war.
>>
>>338022507
I was really enjoying it up until I had to start making sectors and it just felt like everything I had made was taken away from me.

Best stuff was the anomaly hunt at the start.
>>
THE ONLY GOOD XENO IS A DEAD XENO.

SHOULD XENOS ENCROACH UPON YOUR TERRITORY, PURGE THEM IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR
>>
So many bugs. My federation had been at war for nearly sixty years because they want an enemy to cede a planet they don't own.
>>
>>338026969
>surrend to avoid spilling any more of the multitude of vital bodily fluids organics need to operate efficiently
Does this mean robots never surrender? Or does motor oil and gear lubricant count as a bodily fluid?
>>
>>338027110
Robots never surrender because the word is not in their programming.
A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR THOSE WHO SERVE MANKIND
>>
>>338026543
First and best Master of Orion have neat diplomacy system.
>cold war
At start all races start with no treaty. That mean that you can fight their ship everywhere, chase their colony ships or scouts and the AI will do the same. The AI will even try sometimes and snatch border colony world with no war declaration. If you can repel them then they will try to look like it was not them. It was kinda cold war default stance.
>war
Enough of border friction, fights or raids into enemy territory could escalate into full blown war or if AI decide that need some clay. Still if you are much stronger and didn't take any of their worlds AI often protest but try to not piss you off more(as it know you can end her).
>non aggression pact
Ships don't shoot at each other in neutral systems. Still you can blow them away in your systems if they wander here.
>ally

The big difference from setup in stone Civ like diplomacy system where attacking single unit mean total war was there were plenty of border skirmishes, probing and small war.
Also AI protest where sometimes really funny.
>>
Bad combat
Bad diplomacy
Gets boring and repetitive from midgame on
Shallow as fuck
5/10. That's the best I can do.
>>
>build 2 stations to watch over some medieval civs
>aggressive all the way
>one station fucked up with implants, resulting in countless suicides and massacre
>the second station scientists got drunk and presented themselves as gods to the civ, made them build a giant statues just for lols

This is gold, I love this game. It has a lot of flaws, yes, it's buggy, sectors are shit, but I fucking love this game
>>
>>338026543
>This happens with a lot of 4X-style games, whether space, land or fantasy. Eventually, every location will be owned by someone.
This varies between games though. F.ex. in Civ V and EL there are usually plenty of non-colonized areas in late-game too (most likely thanks to harsher happiness and other mechanics limiting early infinite colony spam), not to mention other stuff to do aside from expansion whereas games like Endless Space suffer from the same problem as Stellaris, with all the colonizeable areas getting filled extremely early on and militaristic expansion becoming the only way of playing even if you're rolling pacifists, because there's nothing else to do in the game apart from waiting researches to finish.

I like your idea, but adding those types of areas isn't the only solution. Civ V and EL gave the player plenty of other things to do as well in addition to just spamming colonies (more intricate empire management or quests with unique rewards) to occupy players with. Even Paradox' previous games f.ex. Crusader Kings 2 starts out with all regions belonging to someone, but made the game meaningful by giving the player better domestic policy mechanics and chances to roleplay through the abundance of random events with choices. The biggest fault of Stellaris is that it fails to capture both the good portions of proper 4X and the domestic policy stuff that made games like CKII interesting.

>>338027241
ES and EL used the cold war mechanic as well. It was the default state which meant you could attack anything belonging to other empire as long as they were outside their home borders. Of course they wouldn't like this very much, but doing so didn't instantly lead to a full-scale war.
>>
>>338022887
>>338022979
>>338024204
You know they're patching it for free, right? Check the latest dev blog
>>
File: 2016_05_17_12.png (924 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2016_05_17_12.png
924 KB, 1366x768
Anyone else /fanatic xenophobe/ master race?

>mfw fanatical purifiers with the same planet preference started near me
Conquered their 3 main planet (home world included) and exterminated the bastards
>>
Good game. Diplomacy is a little lacking and there are some minor bugs and oddities, but nothing that detracts the enjoyment too much.

I'd give it somewhere between 7 and 8 on a 1-10 scale.
>>
>>338028160
Of course, I've read them, but there's most likely gonna be big features hidden behind DLC like with CK2.
>>
>>338022507
waiting for the feature complete (all dlc) edition
>>
>>338028324
I played pacifist for the sweet bonus, but then realised I fucking hate xeno scum coming to my carefully managed planets and settling in. I couldn't even change my govermental stance because 'lol u pacifist'.

New game, Fanatic Xenephobe, DEATH TO THE IMPURE.
>>
File: 1457781241891.jpg (27 KB, 463x265) Image search: [Google]
1457781241891.jpg
27 KB, 463x265
>>338024543
>rapid breeders
>>
>>338029249
Not going fanatic xenophobe and pacifist.
And then pacify xenos.
>>
It could've been good if it also had Distant Worlds' depth in terms of resource managing and fleet design. Combat is also pretty meh, just watching bars go down.
>>
Hyperspace is literally the best form of FTL for invading
>>
>>338024543
GET AWAY FROM STELLARIS WEEBS
>>
File: 20_years.jpg (205 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
20_years.jpg
205 KB, 640x960
>>338022507
Boring shit. All you do is tedious micro for +2 red minerals. Combat is non existent, diplomacy is retarded. MoO2 is better than this garbage.
>>
>>338029249
I played Enlightened monarchy with pacifist and collectivis and I could purge xenos.
I made peace by ensuring there's no other side to fight mine.
>>
>>338029481
To be fair MoO2 is better than just about any game in the genre, unless you get into autistic shit like Distant Worlds or Aurora.
>>
>>338029387

+1 Amen brother

300 years into a game with warp drive I was technically superior to a neighbouring state, and decided to wreck their ass.

Little did I know they had hyperspace, and fucking warped all over my shit and wrecked me before I could catch up to them.

Only solution is to have an fleet in every single system, but then they will stearmroll through with their main fleet.

I only play with everyone forced hyperspace now.
>>
>>338029481
still mad for moo3
>>
It's my first 4X game, not sure if the boring parts are innate to 4X in general or are just the game being shit.

I really wish they let me command the fleet like an RTS, same with ground combat.
>>
>>338029481
I just hope the new MoO game won't be ass.
>>
I never actually played it. I just like to say it's bad because it triggers pcfats and to derail their faggot threads.
>>
>>338028160
Have you never played a Paradox game? Sure, big game updates will be free, but stuff that adds new features or at the very least, the fun, new and exciting features will all be found in DLC.

Not to worry, though, as with all Paradox games, I'm sure you can download the DLC and put them in the folder of your legitimate copy without the need of buying them.
>>
>>338029481
>MoO2 is better than this garbage.
I keep hearing that Master of Orion is the best space civ game ever, a game that every other 4X game in space has tried to copy but always fall far short of it.

I should really play it. I think I've played almost every space empire game except for the Master of Orions. What's the best one? 1, 2 or 3?
>>
>>338029695
>not sure if the boring parts are innate to 4X in general or are just the game being shit
A bit of both, to be honest. Stellaris is kinda shit, but 4X is inherently a slow genre without a lot of action.

If you're looking for a 4X that's a bit faster-paced, stick with pseude-4X RTS trash like Sins of a Solar Empire.
>>
>>338029481
Using that retarded image completely disregards any comment thats made with it. Not that it would be quality anyway
>>
>>338024543
>republic
Shaking my head family
>>
>>338029863
2 > 1 > 3
>>
>>338029717
By all accounts, it is ass.
Sorry to dash your hopes senpai
>>
>>338022507
My right hand still hurts from queuing up 'Survey System' 1 week later
Pretty shallow game atm
>>
>>338029695
It's just the game being shit and severely lacking in content once the exploration phase ends. If you want a proper 4X try out Civ V or Endless Legend. If you want real-time pseudo-4X with focus on space battles try out Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion.
>>
>>338029934
It's ok, I was mentally prepared for it.
>>
>>338029886
>retarded image
Paradox fags can't even defend Stellaris because it's total shit.
>>
>>338024543
The lack of deep diplomacy is one of my largest issues. I haven't been able to get into any Paradox games, I love a sci-fi/space opera setting and since they've moved to 3D was a big bonus so I was keen to get elbow deep.

If they greatly expanded the diplomacy, it could go a long way to fixing the mid-late game as well. The honeymoon stage of rapid expanding could make way to a more mature space where you're dealing with political issue and empire issue. This would again make way for the (probably) inevitable cluster fuck of a galaxy at war that comes late game, with the difficulty being dependent on how well you juggled your friends.
Unfortunately this just isn't possible with such a shallow Civ style system.
>>
File: OpposingFleets.jpg (236 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
OpposingFleets.jpg
236 KB, 1280x720
>>338030004
And if you want something completely curazy, play AI War: Fleet Command.
>>
>>338029123
No shit they'll charge for expansion work. They need to pay their staff. Just gotta hope they avoid the problems with their previous DLC model where everything was too modular and they accidentally made features that should be key locked behind a modular paywall so they could never update it again. Though they do seem to have figured that out, all the important shit in Mare Nostrum was free leading people to go "what is the point ofthe DLC then, these minor features?"
>>
>>338030038
Buy the new diplomacy DLC for only $14.99, good goy!
>>
>>338022507
Boring and shallow as fuck. Might be fun after the gorrilion dlcs they release.
>>
>>338029604
I couldn't handle the automation in Distant Worlds. I don't like all these ships doing their own thing. Those little bastard civilian ships and mining stations going off and setting up in some terrible location and then expecting me to bail them out when some space worm starts eating them.
The automation is good, though. The game could play itself. It's almost as if it's made to play itself and you just pick which out of 5 planets the AI plans to colonise should be the first priority. It'll do it all anyway.

You can turn it off but everything still starts out automatic.
>>
>>338029863
Second one is best and pretty much the only one worth playing.
>>
>>338030198
>But everything still starts out automatic
So.. unautomate them, jesus christ dude you're nit-picking at best. I have tons of fun manually doing everything in DW.
>>
What's a good youtuber playing this?
>>
File: 1460339713783.jpg (35 KB, 330x466) Image search: [Google]
1460339713783.jpg
35 KB, 330x466
>mfw scourge spawns right next to my empire
>>
>>338030048
Oh yes, AI War is pretty neat but not something I would really recommend to a beginner. It's also very different to other games in the genre as it's a lot more "linear". You play working towards a single goal, fiddling around the limitations the AI personalities and other randomized elements create at the game start put on your development.
>>
>>338030272
Its better to deal with them yourself rather than letting them grow I think
>>
>>338030272
That's much better than having them spawn on the other side of the galaxy and watching them grow huge while you can't even reach them.
>>
You guys think it's fine to play tall with 39 empires?
Playing tall is always fun and comfy to me.
>>
>>338030446
can always federation it up if you feel threatend.
>>
>>338022507
Casual shit.
Paradox have been on a downward spiral since Ck2.
>>
>>338029930
>>338030257
Thanks, lads. I'll go find a version of MOO2 and give it a try.
>>
>>338030446
Playing tall is viable, but it's significantly harder since the game rewards playing wide a lot more. War is the main focus of the game, and you'll be able to wage it much better with an endless supply of energy and minerals. The only real advantages of playing tall is having cheaper research and not having to bother with shitty sectors.
>>
>>338030446
>Playing tall
For what purpose? There are no real bonuses to playing tall in Stellaris, and nothing to do in the game apart from conquesting.
>>
>>338030005

of course you were mentally prepared for it. They keep selling us mostly shitty and horrible games for last 20 years of so where most of remakes and sequels have almost nothing in common with previous installments.
>>
File: 20160518145621_1.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160518145621_1.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
>>338029407
The weeb can't hurt you if you fuck it into submission.
>>
File: 1463427939850.png (838 KB, 1010x674) Image search: [Google]
1463427939850.png
838 KB, 1010x674
Same opinion as I had with MGSV

The game is amazing to begin with and fun for a good half of the way in, but at the end it begins feelings unfinished, empty, and obnoxious to play.

I feel it would have been a lot more fun if you could develop a way to get science ships to autosearch and get rid of some of the mandatory micromanagement once you get to a larger scale.

I would have also liked more interaction with other species. Overall if they smashed in some of the best parts of Civilization V and Stardrive it would be the best space 4x game in existence.
>>
>>338030515
CK2 was their biggest fucking downfall mate, the transition from CK to CK2 is just sad. They literally butchered the game and removed more than half of it.
>>
File: mrrshan.jpg (393 KB, 1861x717) Image search: [Google]
mrrshan.jpg
393 KB, 1861x717
>>
File: iiiiiiiiiiiiwanna.png (6 KB, 366x286) Image search: [Google]
iiiiiiiiiiiiwanna.png
6 KB, 366x286
>>338031020
>>
>>338030982
Dont worry mate if you just buy 79.99 dollars worth of dlc the second half of the game might be as good as the first half.
>>
File: 1463413698880.png (24 KB, 718x507) Image search: [Google]
1463413698880.png
24 KB, 718x507
>>338031167
I ain't buying no shit, not until there are no Jews left in the entertainment industry.
>>
>>338031003

new person to 4k games. What did they butchered out? I don't need the full list. Just some examples
>>
>>338022507
I don't know how SJW it is, so I can't comment.
Can anyone tell me if it gets muh nuthuggin politics all over itself like Civilization does and its environmentalism and its love of personal freedom?
>>
>>338022507
>What is /v/'s opinion about Stellaris?

got boring really fast
>scan systems
>buildstations
>micromanage people, buildings and random research
>occasionally send a fleet to destory something

after 6 hours i realized that that's pretty much it and lost interest in scanning yet another system to build yet another station
>>
>>338030982
>if you could develop a way to get science ships to autosearch
This was in the game but they disabled it on purpose
>>
>>338030982
>Stardrive
Fuck that game was shit and Stellaris feels just like it
>>
>>338029863
1st is the best as empire game
2nd is best as civ in space
3rd lets not talk about dead.
>>
>>338031556
WHY? scanning systems is the most boring and tedious part of the game.
>>
>>338031556
Probably DLC.
>>
>>338031659
To be fair it was only shit because it was an unfinished mess. It had a lot of good features and ideas in it.
I wouldn't have had a problem with it if it weren't for the developers abandoning it and making a sequel for more cash.
>>
>>338031427
>I don't know how SJW it is, so I can't comment.
What the fuck are you babling about? Stellaris is a shit game with extremely lackluster and simple mid- and endgame, but has no SJW stuff to speak of.
>>
>>338031427
>playing a Pacifist/Xenophile
>allow free migration
>develop multi cultural societies
>aliens do nothing but complain and strike
>they take job positions from my own race and then proceed to perform worse
>they migrate to my planet voluntarily and then start independence factions
>the only thing missing is alien pops demanding sharia law

/pol/ was right. The best way to play the game is as a militarist collective and purge the fuck out of aliens and dissidents.
>>
>>338031749
>no SJW stuff
Cool, might give it a try.
does it have a demo or trial version, or have Paradox gone full Capcom?
>>
>>338031239
The old crusader kings had a province population system and had a system where you would control the peasants, nobles, burghers and clergy. Each of these factions would do different thing peasants would give you more taxes and light infantry, nobles would give you more knights and more heavy infantry and burghers would give you more trade etc.
>>
>>338031789
Wait, so FULL PURGE is viable?

Awesome.

Can I play as the aliens, and go FULL PURGE on other aliens?

Also can I send spies to other nations to try to fuck them from within?
>>
>>338031741
>It had a lot of good features and ideas in it.
Yup it absolutely did and they were hardly fleshed out. I really tried to like it but shit was just so tedious and nothing much else.
>developers abandoning it
This infuriated me. Fuck those guys
>>
>>338031427
>>338031818
It does have black and female portraits for the human faction, in case you're the kind of /pol/tard who gets triggered by that.
>>
>>338031842
The game already struggles, if that was in the game would chug within 100 years.
>>
>>338031669
>>338031671
They claim it was a design decision or something
Same with auto-build mining outposts

The real reason is of course that there would be almost nothing to do if those were automated
And people would have realized how shallow the game is much earlier
>>
>>338030982
>The game is amazing to begin with and fun for a good half of the way in, but at the end it begins feelings unfinished, empty, and obnoxious to play.
That's just the modern videogame industry. You make a game that looks good on the opening so you draw in customers. You put the most effort into developing the first portion of the game so the customer has fun and recommends it to their friends. Then you've made your sales and it doesn't matter what they think of the bulk of the game.
It's the bait and switch.
>>
>>338031749
>90% of human characters are black females
>no SJW stuff
>>
>>338031907
Eh w/e.

At least it's not Beyond Earth.
>>
>>338031884
No espionage yet. But you could have open migration and try to get your pops to flood their empire and be unhappy with them to fuck em up.
>>
>>338031884
>Wait, so FULL PURGE is viable?
Yes.
>Can I play as the aliens, and go FULL PURGE on other aliens?
Yes.
>Also can I send spies to other nations to try to fuck them from within?
No. Buy our espionage DLC, now for only $19.99!
>>
>>338031919
Only reason why the game chugs is because paradox sucks at fucking coding. They need to change or revamp their engine. They keep hiring cunts like ddrjake instead of hiring competent coders.
>>
File: Rogal_Dorn_sketch.jpg (545 KB, 764x665) Image search: [Google]
Rogal_Dorn_sketch.jpg
545 KB, 764x665
>>338031789
Now you see why our Holy Emperor is correct and that the xeno scum needs to be either purged or controlled.

On another note, did anyone here played the Space Empire series? Heard it was pretty good but overly complex but I'm kinda unsure if it's worth the price.
>>
>>338031427
>>338031818
>bases what he thinks on a game based on how "sjw" it is

You sound like a faggot. That said, pirate it if you want a demo. Paradox don't give a fuck and half the customers probably pirated then bought.
>>
>>338031934
The main reason is that the milestones are games with +2 years of dedicated content development on top of the intial development time. Yeah NEW GAME will feel less complete than OLD GAME: EXPANSION OF WAR AND BRAVE NEW EXPANSION
>>
>>338028160
the fuck
isn't paradox publishing this game?

Free patches, nigger who u kidding.
>>
>>338032053
>hire someone to be qa
>this somehow impacts their coding staff

Paradox don't operate on the AAA scale, they know that, you know that. And even the AAA devs which often come with laundry lists of benefits on top of their pay packages pay like shit. If you're a good programmer you don't work for video games.
>>
>>338031235
There will be no other humans left on earth before that happens.

When the world ends and all people die, the last man alive will be a jewish lead writer of some future tv show.
His last words will be him trying to sell the movie rights to his life to a hallunication.
>>
>>338032189
>If you're a smart programmer you don't work for video games.
Fixed that for you m80
>>
File: Hurr.jpg (415 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hurr.jpg
415 KB, 1920x1080
>>338032064
I've played a fair bit of 5.

Probably has my favorite "create-a-ship" system next to Aurora simply because you have a huge amount of options to pick from in terms of weapon types, support system, and so on.

The research tree, while pretty vast, is also rather dull with most being research 100 levels in this weapon type for tiny improvements each time and maybe 50 levels in get an alternate version.

That being said, it's also the only space empire game I've seen that lets you go all the way in terms of manipulating systems with not only terraformation and colonization of any planet but also creating nebulas, black holes, new starts, ring worlds, new jump points to specific systems, and even Dyson Spheres.
>>
>>338032279
A few just want to do it, and if they enjoy it then hey. video games do offer a few interesting and unique challenges, especially if you're into fluids where you don't care about accuracy, but you care about looks.
>>
>>338031427
Distant Worlds is pretty gay for that stuff. Democratic governments get great big bonuses and are free of corruption while any fascist government gets huge negatives and are considered corrupt and the people living in them are eternally miserable.
>>
>>338031789
I'm playing it on multiplayer.
Don't see any benefit in being anything other than materialist fanatics.
Militarist really just makes alliances non-viable.
>>
>>338032164
I'm /v/
>>
Stellaris has the potential to become on of the best in the genre in a few years after most of the DLCs are out, especially considering how well it sold and it'll give Paracox incentive to milk the fuck out of it with DLCs.

But at the moment it is really lacking, moreso than even CK2 was at launch.
>>
>>338032519
Alliances don't really matter anyway. They're only beneficial to empires that are too weak to stand on their own.
>>
>>338032549
You're cripplechan /v/
>>
File: spartacus-390x285[1].png (150 KB, 390x285) Image search: [Google]
spartacus-390x285[1].png
150 KB, 390x285
>>338032549
No, I am /v/
>>
>>338030923
>Uniting the galaxy by fucking it
lel
>>
>>338032750
No!
I'm /v/!
>>
>>338032346
>that pic
I remember playing that game a long time ago. I think I remember struggling with it because I couldn't tell what was going on.
And something like the galaxy being divided up into rooms? Each system like that is like a room in a maze. You couldn't just fly through deep space, you had to fly to a system then fly through that system to the jump point on the opposite end and then continue into the next system.

Could be wrong. Been a while.
>>
When you have a sector and you decide to give them credits per month to help, how do you stop giving them? I bankrupted myself and had to reload because the I could only get the counter to go one way.
>>
>>338031235
Who's that meant to be?
>>
>>338030923
Has he ever taken his hyper weapon to the galactic level?
>>
>>338032346
Neat, But I'm still kinda on the fence since I presume there are still loads of bug by looking at the reviews.
>>
>>338032896
no you are pretty much right, you had to basically fly through wormholes connecting each system together, but eventually you get alternatives to circumvent it, like making your own artificial ones (essential if you wanna bypass super sized minefields and fleets stationed in defensive chokepoints).
>>
>>338032896
Yeah, each system was connected maybe to others by warp points.

The whole map was generated too at the start with various ways you could influence it.

I remember once I was in a small tucked away cluster of 5 systems with no connection to the rest of the galaxy. So I just built up slowly until I finally got the power level I wanted and the tech to create my own jump points as well and proceeded to wage war as my own little form of something like The Unbidden.

>>338033023
Oh yeah, it's not the most polished game in existence, but thankfully there's a rather nice clump of mods that do a lot for balance.
>>
>>338033023
Play 4, not 5.

They're very similar, but 5 sacrificed some shit to focus on the (dated as fuck) 3D stuff.
>>
>>338033182
This, 4 has better mods and stuff to it anyways, whereas 5 lost a good chunk of it's modding community support
>>
File: 1454900179413.jpg (564 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454900179413.jpg
564 KB, 1920x1080
>>338031789
I tried a Pacifist / Individualist / Xenophile for my first playthrough.
Maybe your empire is just shit, I never had any of those problems.
>>
>>338033182
Graphics are terrible on both of them. Simply awful.

Are there any mods that clean it up a bit? Something to just give the looks and the UI a bit of a polish?
>>
I like sins of a solar empire, is this much the same?
>>
>>338033595
Nah, he probably get some opposite migrants.
Like he is
>>
>>338033595
>start as materialist xenophile
>xeno pops migrate
>they are xenophobic spiritualist
>don't like that live alongside other xenos, don't like that xenos have rights, hate everything
Sounds familiar?
>>
>>338033595
Why do you think he is doing anything else but memeing ?
>>
>>338033953
No.
>>
>>338024548
but synth-superior-kun, what about when fleshbourne achieve magic?
>>
>>338033146
How would you influence map generation? I'd like to play isolationist.
>>
>>338034785
I don't remember the full jist of it because it's been quite some time, but there was an option to not force connect systems with warp points.

So you select that, choose a style that doesn't mash systems together and jam on the create button until something suits you.
So you just eventually hope that you get one with a cluster detached from everything else.

Finally you'd have to create one of them to be a homeworld and force start your empire there.
>>
>>338033007
Yes. There is a space conquest game by Alicesoft.

You don't play Rance, but Rance runs one of the factions, as basically a cameo from another universe. He's essentially space Ghengis Khan with more rape.
>>
>>338035136
Title?
>>
Am I able to import my save from HoI 3 into this game? If not, no buy.
>>
>>338035401
Ofcourse.
There is special DLC for that. Only 29.99$
>>
>>338026969
>Getting invaded by the Zerg only 100 years in

Good luck to you friendo.
>>
>>338022507
Flavor of the week.
>>
>>338035401
The game starts 250ish years later than the end date for HoI 3.
>>
>>338035338
>>338035136
Daiteikoku is also incredibly shit

An over ambitious project which was only released after last minute desperate fixes to make it releasable as after years of development they had to recoup money desperately.

TADA at that stage had been promoted from game development to a managerial CEO role but had to himself get involved at last minute to try and salvage the gameplay.

What's worse is that the writers kept on writing shit during the delays and then they chucked all that in the final game so it's also a bloated mess

An over ambitious failure because Alicesoft wanted to make a great space WWII game and loved that too much that they became over ambitious
>>
File: gekkonia.jpg (424 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gekkonia.jpg
424 KB, 1920x1080
Age of Wonders 1 was my favorite 4x game of all time until Stellaris came out. This game just does everything right and the plans the devs have for it all sound good to me
>>
>>338027103
>GIVE PLANET
We don't own that planet, sir.
>GIVE PLANET NOW
It's not ours. We can't give it to you.
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>338037248
0.01$ was added to your account
>>
>>338031450

this is a pretty good summary. 95% of the game is micromanaging your planets so they keep building things and micromanaging your science vessels so they keep scanning.
>>
File: dany laugh face.jpg (25 KB, 536x536) Image search: [Google]
dany laugh face.jpg
25 KB, 536x536
>>338027103
>>338037827
>>
its almost a mobilegame SMAC without the top tier atmosphere, it feels like it should have just been TBS instead of RTS but then maybe it would be wholly indistinguishable from a Sid game. i find myself playing on fast or paused, and waiting to do things as money comes in, as if it was turn-based. maybe thats just me.
>>
>muh empire
>muh purge
>muh emperor

40k fags are more cancerous than bronies at this point
>>
Can I give a faction independence and then conquer them immediately?
>>
File: hJJw1kS.png (209 KB, 470x333) Image search: [Google]
hJJw1kS.png
209 KB, 470x333
>>338022507
why do i have this -yellow 5% happiness modifier tag on my tiles?
>>
>>338042181
They are booty busted about something.
>>
>>338042241
it came up pretty late in the game, just before i made some dudes my vassals
>>
>>338042431
they probably dont like your vassals. Choose a side anon
>>
File: 1443823071993.jpg (35 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1443823071993.jpg
35 KB, 554x439
>>338031789
>play pacifist/xenophile/spiritualist moral democracy
>allow free migration and develop a multicultural empire
>everyone has 90% happiness
>none of what you said happens
>>
>>338031789
GOOD JOB MERKEL
>>
Play Distant Worlds Universe for 2 more years until Stellaris is good

This is objectively the best way to go
>>
>>338044721
How is the Universe version different from the regular Distant Worlds?
>>
>>338045636
Universe is the final expansion
>>
>>338045636
Universe is the complete edition has all the content of the previous expansions included.
>>
>>338029481
>MoO2 is better
Well duh
>>
>>338043006

>have the same ethos
>all of my neighbors are xenophobic militarists
>end up fighting a defensive war and win
>decide to just conquer all my neighbors
>now I have a bunch of xenophobic militarists in my empire that hate working
>>
>play for a while
>empire bordered
>Everyone else stronger than me and in alliances
>can't get in alliance
>if I declare war I'd get REKT
>people friendly with me so no chance of declaring war
GG
>>
>>338022507
It's gonna bea a very fun game once all DLC and patches get released and someone makes a Start Trek total conversion.
>>
>>338046927
Build more spaceports to get a bigger fleet.
Build more research stations/science buildings to speed tech progress.
Populate as many planets as you can within your borders, specialize them to either produce energy mins or research.

Show the xenos why you're to be feared.
>>
>>338047497

nah, he's got a good point. If you can't expand fast enough you can't get the pop to field a strong fleet and it's basically gg.
>>
>>338024543
Cute
>>
So how do I deal with this shit that I have to keep my fleet above a planet with crew quarters space station? Any movement off and I suddenly get a huge drain on my EC. Who thought this made any kind of sense instead of just getting a straight bonus from the crew quarters without the need of keeping the fleet above the planet.
>>
Stellaris is hardly the first 4X space game released in the recent 3 years and it's also not better than the others. Why is it endlessly shilled on /v/?
>>
>>338046927
I'm in a similar situation. I'm boxed in and have built out that space as much as possible, but my neighbors are all in alliances and won't invite me (though I did form an alliance with my small three world neighbor who looks just like me).

I played as friendly scientist explorer lizards so no one hates me enough to declare war, but I feel like the game has basically ended for me. I can't possibly field a strong enough fleet to take on these 3+ empire alliances. And this is the second file in a row this has happened.
>>
>>338029634
Pleb. Going all out in war. Pice by pice.
>>
>>338048397
>he fell for the peace meme

Game is basically unplayable unless you take the small pissants down while they're still young and don't have alliances yet
>>
>>338029863

2 > 1 > food poisoning > 3

Just play 2. That's what almost everyone is talking about when they talk about Master of Orion.
>>
>>338023874

>They began to populate another block, but left before it finished which results in an unusable pop block

What you do at that point is forcibly resettle the original pop, then gene mod both so they have a higher habitability score for the planet in question

I do agree that the growing pop should disappear when the original pop leaves the planet, though
>>
>>338049171
>allowing them to move

I just enslave the fucks for thinking they can escape
>>
How does this game compare to GalCiv 3?
>>
>>338049361
Better, but not because it's great or anything. Galciv3 is just trash
>>
File: 1428612542935.png (159 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1428612542935.png
159 KB, 640x360
>>338049171
>Have the ghost pop thing happen to me
>Can't resettle, enslave, or purge because of ethic choices

That's ok.
I didn't need that square.
Go ahead.
Be a prepubescent child for eternity.
>>
Bought it while drunk last night and couldnt understand what the fuck i was doing. I mean i know i was drinking but fuck it felt like there was no solid direction and shitloads of random research options were being thrown at me. The tutorial helped but even sober i dont have a good feel for what I do
>>
It seems like a typical Paradox release

Release an ambitious but incomplete game and fill it out over time.

Back in the good days of CK1 and EU1/2, these filler bits were free patches. Patch 1.5 for CK1 almost doubled the content in the game and was completely free and really paved the way for CK2 years later.

Now they nickel and dime you with DLC to get the same results.
>>
What do the Prethoryn need to take over a planet? I think I was too aggressive when I handled the crisis since all I have left of their original invasion fleet is a 27k stack I don't feel like dealing with. Could that by itself take over a planet? I don't remember if I killed ground forces when I was taking out their constructors and colony ships. I really want them to take a planet just so I have a chance of getting a queen.
>>
>https://mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

How does one install mods from here? Does one just unpack the files into the game directory?
>>
how do you form a federation
>>
I'll wait until it's a little more complete, less buggy, and on sale.
>>
>>338051049
you need 3 allies and the tech
>>
>>338050337
using the blorg mod as an example
1. extract blorg.zip to its own folder in the mod folder (C:\Users\_____\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod\blorg)
2. copy descriptor.mod from that folder, paste it up 1 directory into the mod folder, and rename it to blorg.mod
3. open blorg.mod in notepad, change archive="blorg.zip" to path="blorg", and save

now you can enable the mod in the launcher

also refer to this thread where that mega came from
http://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=72091
>>
>>338028160
Paradox has previously done 'free patches' that forced you to buy DLC
Like, "Okay, we understand that people wish there were some actual options for 'tall' empires instead of 'wide' one; we're going to make a free patch and some DLC to deal with that"
Then the free patch patches out some of the things that make 'wide' blatantly better, but the things that actually add features or make it possible to interact and build towards 'tall' are behind the DLC paywall.

Anyway, it's a shitty game at the moment, pirate and play for ten hours if you want. It's definitely not worth buying. Maybe in a year or two.
>>
If I make peace with an empire, will all the captured planets be in my control or do I have to win the war to do that?
>>
>>338047901
Paradox hype.

People were excited because they thought we were getting CK or EU (or possibly Vicky) IN SPACE. We kind of did, but forgot how bare bones those games were on release.
>>
>>338052934
thanks man
>>
>>338046927
you're like Germany in WWI
>>
File: 1450360563337.png (116 KB, 500x541) Image search: [Google]
1450360563337.png
116 KB, 500x541
>>338024543
>rapid breeders
>>
>>338053746
How much of Paradox from the old games still remains? The management of these companies tend to change, then they change policy and so on. They keep the name and brands, of course. Those make money.
>>
>>338049969
I set my expectations very low because of my experience with EU4 1.0 and I was actually pleasantly surprised that the game wasn't complete trash, only unfinished and mediocre
However I love space 4x and it's a fairly competent game so I've been having fun
>>
>>338055317
Johan has been CEO of the development stuido for a very long time.
>>
>>338055317
Johan is and will be.
>>
>>338055317
Also what you have to remember is 1. most people in gsg suck dick at even beurocrat and liquor two and 2. are really salty that paradox stopped using the kind of totally nonsensical and ahistorical abstraction that pleased their autism in favour of a different kind.
>>
>>338055671
/gsg/ has gone seriously downhill.

Stellaris' issues are pretty serious though, and I don't even think the energy = liquid wealth abstraction is one of them. That's a perfectly reasonable abstraction. It's literally the rest of the game that's the issue.

>shitty AI
>shitty diplomatic options (that the AI will almost never make use of, because shitty AI)
>shitty military (corvettes broken, doomstacks, worst parts of EU IV blobbing)
>shitty midgame (nothing to do)
>shitty endgame (tedious as fuck, grand menaces aside)
>shitty sectors (made worse by shitty AI)
Like, holy hell. They even admit that they just didn't implement all their midgame content. They should have delayed this launch by a year.
>>
starting a xenophile humanity game /v/

where should I begin?

purging myself?
>>
>>338055420
>>338055453
Then what's with the evil DLC policy? Has he simply been seduced by infinite fanboy bux?
>>
>despotic human empire
>explore space, find neighboring aliens, also despotic empire
>build up fleet, commence war
>destroy a single spaceport, they instantly concede
>enslave every single pop on their homeworld
>modify their homeworld to churn out nothing but minerals and more slaves
>keep this up for 10 years, have plenty of xeno slave pops now
>grant the aliens that are still on their homeworld emancipation and independence from my empire
>immediately declare war on them and glass their home planet
>>
>>338056578
It's not evil. People are just morons, they charge 10 or 15 dollars for expansions that come a few times per year and have big sales on all previous expansions regularly, yeah there's some cosmetic shit on the side but it's just that, cosmetics.
>>
>>338022507
Game seems like amazing total conversion mod material, especially if it's some kind of property that's more narrow and specific as opposed to "bland space game" Stellaris is.
>>
File: that's my fetish.gif (2 MB, 290x188) Image search: [Google]
that's my fetish.gif
2 MB, 290x188
>>338056531

You can enslave your human pops as a collectivist and eventually elect aliens to be your leaders.
>>
>>338056578
They started out with cosmetic DLC.
Like valve.
Except their fanbase are autistic history aficionados like me who actually CARE if their 16th century milanese soldiery are properly attired or just wearing the default 'late game; european' soldier model. Some of them will genuinely pay $5 to make their favorite nation a little more historically authentic. You don't have to understand, just believe me. There are people who actually care about this stuff.

So they found "whoa, people will actually eat this shit up"
Then they got bolder. They started locking actual game content behind DLC. A bundle of nation-specific decisions and flavor events, but only if you bought this DLC or preordered.
And people bought that too.
And DLCs are cheap, you know. People might wait until steam sales, -75% for a $20 or $30 or $40 game. But for $5 or $15 DLC? Why not just buy it now, waiting won't save you that much anyway...

And then they started forcing you to buy it. "Here's a FREE PATCH to that mechanic people didn't like, it's not possible to do it anymore"/"but if you want the replacement mechanic, buy our new expansion!"

To fall is a terrible thing, but far more terrible to watch someone do it.
>>
>>338056578

I think it was an organic byproduct of their "always keep improving the game" mentality.

Like I mentioned earlier, the 1.05 patch for CK1 was absolutely stellar, and it came out like a year and a half after CK1 originally launched. So they kept working on the game for well over a year after it had launched for no reason other than to make it better.

I think the DLC model worked for them because it turned into "well now we can actually recoup some of these costs"

The "evil" of their policy is more that they never bring the prices down to reasonable levels, which reeks of greed. The Old Gods DLC came out 3 years ago now and is still available at launch price ($14.99) online.
>>
>>338057109
This is a guy who was bad at EU4 and thought you had options when they weren't options, they were shooting yourself in the foot.

>>338057192
That's because steam sales have replaced the value of games getting cheaper over time. Blame the marketplace.
>>
>>338022507
I do not understand this sector shit at all
>>
File: Reallynigga.gif (619 KB, 496x269) Image search: [Google]
Reallynigga.gif
619 KB, 496x269
>alliance goes to war with some other empire
>sure whatever lemme just upgrade my ships
>alliance buddy just sits ontop of my fleet waiting for me to go instead of starting themselves
>>
>>338022507
Its me or my wifes son. If youre gonna meme, meme it right. Remember, meme responsibly.
>>
>>338057385
I honestly don't play too much EUIV, m8. 3 was my dig.
>>
>>338058764
So you didn't really play it, and you're triyng to talk about the mechanics of it? or are you just memeing based on what other people said?
>>
>>338058917
Nothing I said had anything to do with the mechanics of EU 4 specifically.
You filthy casual.
>>
File: 20160518040222_1.jpg (327 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160518040222_1.jpg
327 KB, 1920x1080
>>338022507
"ASIMOV" HIGHLIGHTS (NOT SET IN STONE!)
Border Access Revision: Borders are now open to your ships by default, although empires can choose to Close their borders for another empire (lowering your relations, of course.)
Tributaries: New diplomatic status and corresponding war goals.
Joint Declarations of War: You can ask other empires to join you for a temporary alliance in a war against a specific target.
Defensive Pacts.
Harder to form and maintain proper Alliances.
More war goals: Humiliate, Open Borders, Make Tributary, etc.
Emancipation Faction. We had to cut this one at the last minute. Needs redesign.
Diplomatic Map Mode. Much requested!
Diplomatic Incidents: This is a whole class of new scripted events that causes more interaction with the other empires.
Past “Asimov”, I can’t give you any kind of specifics yet, but I am currently leaning towards honing in on the following general areas for the “Heinlein” update (these are not promises!):

CURRENT "HEINLEIN" INTENTIONS
Sector and Faction Politics: We are working on a design for this. I always wanted to make Factions more closely tied to Sectors, for example...
Federation and Alliance Politics: As a player, you need more ways of interacting with the other members, push your will through, and get elected, etc.
Giving Directions to Allies and Subject States.
Strategic Resource Overhaul: You should need these and search for them far and wide. They should be extremely important.
Battleship Class Weapons. Some Battleship front sections will be repurposed for an XL size weapon slot. There are currently four ship sizes but only three sizes to weapons, creating an imbalance. Also, Battleships should have fewer small weapon slots and have to rely on screens of smaller ships.
Fleet Combat Mechanics: Formations and/or more complex ship behavior is needed.
Mid-game scripted content: Guarded “treasures”, mid-game crises, colony events, etc.
Living Solar Systems: Little civilian ships moving around, etc.
>>
>>338059320
The only time that I saw anyone complain that they couldn't do what they did before was the building system change in EU4. When they replaced a system which was actively hindering you if you used it with seomthing you can use and get benefits from.
>>
File: true_neutral.jpg (87 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
true_neutral.jpg
87 KB, 600x900
>>338059457
>>
>>338022507
Weak at the moment

I thought it was going to be CK2 in space, but it's just a simplified Distant Worlds with munch less to do
>>
File: 1457624015182.jpg (26 KB, 498x412) Image search: [Google]
1457624015182.jpg
26 KB, 498x412
>>338058573
No it's not
>>
>Can't stop playing for hours
>When I go to sleep i can only see words, numbers and images related to the game.
>Can't sleep
>When I do, I dream with Stellaris/Space related things

I NEED HELP

Also, sad it needs a lot of mods to be really fun to play with
>>
File: alex.gif (130 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
alex.gif
130 KB, 500x281
I love space based games and have never played grand strategy. I know people say master or orion 2 is the go to and ill probably jump on that, but i can have stelaris free. For someone with no preset expectations from the genre would you say its worth it? I could just play it but i won't be home for about 8 hours so I'm just trying to get excited for something new to play.
>>
>>338059457
Where's the espionage improvements, senpai?
>>
Why can't I just have Space Empires VI?
>>
>>338060130
Stellaris is not grand strategy.
>>
>>338058573
No, it's not.
That's 2 memes in one.
The meme itself is "me or my son"
"me or my wife's son" is a combined meme of that and cucks
>>
>>338060370
Saw someone call it that somewhere in the thread so I just ran with it. Still I've never played a game like it so again i have no set expectations.
>>
>>338060130
>but i can have stelaris free.
L I T E R A L L Y
F R E E
You'll have fun for ten hours. Can't hurt.

If you want a good 4x, try Sword of the Stars 1. If you want an easy to get into GS, try CK2 or EU IV.
>>
>>338032064
I played SE3 and 4. Hell, I remember waiting with my brother for the mailman to come and deliver our copy of Space Empires 4.

Best ship customization ever. Super late game I'd make these suicide ships with cloaking devices that were solely armed with a star destroying or blackhole creating device in the middle of my enemies homeworlds.

I remember emailing my saves to my dad so he could take his turn when he worked out of town too.
>>
>>338060816
Well yeah im gonna play it, but i dont really know anything about the genre so I dont really know what to expect or if its so barebones i need to jump into something else. But I'll check those out

Also i dont know if its the same genre but i remember hearing about a game called sins of a solar empire?
>>
>>338022507
How do I get the destroyer technology?
>>
File: Sacrifice a virgin or something.png (193 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Sacrifice a virgin or something.png
193 KB, 640x400
>>338061586
>>
>>338061586
RNG
>>
>>338061761
Jesus christ, can you stop shitposting and help me? Please
>>
Like every paradox game it is fun for a couple hours then your realize how repetitive and shallow the game is
>>
>>338061958
You stupid faggot, it's literally RNG
>>
>>338061183
Sins is a very sedate RTS that cribs elements of 4x gameplay.

Like Stellaris cribs elements of gs gameplay.
>>
>>338061903
>>338062126
Alright, alright, I get it. Also, how do I get more influence?
>>
>>338062296
Rivals. Did you even spend like two minutes trying to figure out shit by yourself?
>>
>>338022507
Did play it, it was underwhelming when compared to Galactic Civilization III. Of course GC3 has more lifetime than Stellaris but if they don't do much soon it will be just an average game.
>>
First 4x game that gives me good government options and good control over my population.
>>
>>338052934
>http://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=72091

That fucking program just fucks my game, i mean i get ctd at%80 everytime i start game after installing some mods with that. Even after i deleted everything. Rip.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.