[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite kind of companion? What's your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 04.jpg (91 KB, 803x1200) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
91 KB, 803x1200
What's your favorite kind of companion?
What's your ideal party size?
>>
>>338022023
>What's your favorite kind of companion?
Ones that are doing their job as good or better than I could
>What's your ideal party size?
Two combat two support
>>
Petite healer, 4-5
>>
>>338022023
I really like healers in Jrpgs usually, I wish they could be the main characters more often. Obviously that presents some difficulties though, it bugs me when healers aren't very viable in a game.

4-5 probably
tank, melee damage, controller(depending on the game), healer, and maybe some kind of ranged damage

really big parties of like 8-10 people can be cool too though
>>
Loli

FF V has both.
>>
>>338022023
Little sister or some non human love interest.

Party size depends. Duo would be ideal, more is fine as long as there isn't more than one love interest in party.
>>
Going solo
>>
>>338022023
companion is sniper (boone FNV)
and thats it.
>>
Old men.
>>
Someone who does it for the love of adventure and doesn't afraid of getting into a fight.

3 including myself.
>>
>>338022023
>companion
that's such a broad catagory, do you mean like class type? Characterization? Appearance? I can't decide.
I guess as long as there's a qt in the party I don't care.
>Party size
2-3 total. 2 is great for story telling, just you and your companion, and 3 allows for better team composition without feeling cluttered.
>>
File: FFXV.png (801 KB, 980x363) Image search: [Google]
FFXV.png
801 KB, 980x363
pic related
>>
>>338022023
Someone I can have a good argument with and we can still (hate)fuck at the end of the day

>>
>>338022603

More rpgs should do this with healers honestly. It doesn't make things harder in games like Grandia or FFT or Bravely Default. I like difficulty but it does help in situations where the heroine/love interest who happens to be the healer gets her ass kidnapped in the storyline and you're a little sol for a dungeon or two.

Eternally grateful to Eiko for Dagger's mourning period in FF9.
>>
>>338025514

I also think it was really refreshing in games where the mc has a non-swordsman class in general. Thinking about FF9 again, it was nice that Zidane was locked in as a thief. The game really encouraged you to experiment with other party members. It doesn't lock you in on anyone specific for a set period of time like Grandia does, but it's honestly really cool when games do that. I'd honestly be happy playing a game that locked you into battles where you were forced to use more of the throwaway classes.
>>
I love me some speedy damage dealers.

Party should never be more than three, including myself. Gets too awkward to manage.

Also, slutty healers.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.