[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MonHun4u
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: monster.jpg (24 KB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
monster.jpg
24 KB, 480x269
Jesus fucking christ that grind. Do people really fucking enjoy grinding this much?

I'm working my ass off to upgrade the Santoku reaver greatsword. Firestone is hard as fuck to get. Does it get even worse than this?
>>
Stop playing so much or try getting something else meanwhile to keep it fresh.

But to answer your original question, yes. One of the reasons I never got into Zelda was because there was no levelling or upgrade system involved.
>>
>>338018901
Listening to podcasts help.
Not like you need to pay too much attention to the game when you got all the moves down.
>>
I have not seen anything worse than 3% chance on carve so far but I am trying not to read anything online unless its not obvious where to get it from.
>>
File: yHikoDz.png (595 KB, 1550x1013) Image search: [Google]
yHikoDz.png
595 KB, 1550x1013
>>338018901
>Firestone
Mine the blue nodes in the volcano. Don't waste time on the red ones.
Start a gathering quest and go 4->2->3->8->9, then just farcaster out.
>>
>>338018901
Apparently so. I got 75% through SP's high rank before just dropping it. The majority of "high rank" monsters just being recolors with one new move or habit completely killed it for me.

I think the worst thing about MH is that if you try to say you dislike it for any reason (grinding, controls, etc), they spout git gud harder than DaS' fanbase.
>>
>>338019101
Hyrule Warriors. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>338020332
The controls are fine, but the grinding is a take it or leave it. It's definitely not a game for everyone. Personally I just enjoy the end-game hunts.
>>
>>338020332
Git gud, fagtron.
>>
>>338019101
>>338019517
>grind harder
>in a handheld game
wew
>>
Monster Hunter thread! List favorite:
Weapon
Monster
Armor Set/Mixed pieces
Skills

What is everyone currently hunting/crafting?
>>
>>338018901
>Firestone is hard as fuck to get
If you are new to the franchise, otherwise no.
>>
I've got 580 hours in this game. Gotta keep selling shit to free up box space. Yeah, there's a lot of grinding for the rare parts you need. Personally I'd prefer that they just put it an NPC to let you trade all materials of the same rarity or lower. So you get a rathian ruby but you need a rathalos ruby, no grind, you trade and be on your way with what you wanted. Reducing grind is not casualizing the game, it just cuts down on time spent not making any progress.
>>
>>338020547
SnS (though asthetically my favorite weapon is the LS Silver Ichimonji)
Tigrex/Chameleos
Maiden X
Status+2, Speed Setup
>>
Bought a 3DS last summer with Monster hunter. Played for 15 hours when my sister wanted to try it.
Fucker deleted my save, haven't touched it since.
>>
>>338020547
I need 5 rajang hardfangs to finish the final upgrade of the best thunder dual blades. Also need two shagaru magala mantles. One for the dual blades and one for the charge blade. Need a bunch of other shit too, I use every weapon except for SNS, LS, and both lances.
>>
>>338020941
15 hours ain't shit in Monster Hunter my man, give it another shot.
>>
>>338020941
Did you fuck her?
>>
>>338020942
>shagaru magala mantle
>for the charge blade
>>
>>338019101
>Zelda
>no leveling
>no upgrading
everytime you find a heart fragment you get 1xp, you need 4xp to level up

everytime you kill a boss you get 4xp

you can upgrade your sword and your armour and your boomerang, also there's a hidden upgrade for your magic gauge to make spells cost half as much
>>
>>338021802
Yes, I want the impact phial. The only use I have for the black fatalis charge blade is killing other fatalises and akantors.
>>
>>338021896
>everytime you find a heart fragment you get 1xp, you need 4xp to level up
>everytime you kill a boss you get 4xp
Please just shut the fuck up you immense retard.
The only Zelda with leveling is Zelda II.
>>
>>338021909
>The only use I have for the black fatalis charge blade is killing other fatalises and akantors.
Exactly.
Meanwhile Shaggy Maggy CB has no uses. If you want impact, just use Akantor/Ceadeus CB.
>>
>>338022072
Fuck off you cuck, I didn't come asking for advice on what to make. I'm forging the best of each element for every weapon type except for greatswords and hammers. Every weapon type is complete now except for dual blades and charge blade. Once I have those two mantles I will have forged all the best shit in the game and I can put it down at right around 740 hours. Then do the same shit again in MHX.
>>
>>338022231
>Once I have those two mantles I will have forged all the shit in the game
ftfy
>>
>>338021995
>waaaaaah I need to see numbers inflate to have fun
no, you shut the fuck up
>>
>>338023656
I never said anything even remotely like that.
I'm not >>338019101
Don't be dumb.
>>
>>338018901
>Firestone is hard to get
Nah, you're looking in the wrong places if you're having trouble getting firestones.
The grinding in MH is totally optional, you can get through 90% of the game just using the some of the more common armours and weapons
>>
>>338021896
Explain ZELDA 1 DUMPASS
>>
>>338024618
>The grinding in MH is totally optional, you can get through 90% of the game just using the some of the more common armours and weapons
Said nobody with a brain.
>>
>>338025986
don't play zelda 1
>>
>>338026382
>don't play one of the best Zelda games
>>
>>338020530
It's multiplayer co-op focused.

That said no one can complain about haxxor'd shitters with their +3000 AuXL's talis and shit.

Play multiplayer Pokémon

>everyone has shiny. Perfect iv and perfect ev lvl 100's with nuetral attitude and the best ability for that mon teams

>300 in every stat at lvl 50...
>>
I'm considering getting this game soon.

Is the combat good?

How tolerable is the grinding? Does it feel rewarding or does it feel like a chore?
>>
Just one more month until Generations. Still annoyed no Stories but I'm way to excited for Generations.
>>
File: ring ring.png (40 KB, 328x408) Image search: [Google]
ring ring.png
40 KB, 328x408
>>338020547
>Weapon
Cunting horn, Poogie Horn for aesthetics.
Been getting into lance lately though. Wew lad, that's some good shit.
>Monster
Fighting: Steve when armed with no-bleed.
Plain favorite: Best Bird (No, not kut-ku, dumbass.)
>Armor Set/Mixed pieces
Bnahabra Gunner (female)
>Skills
Dive Dist/Const+2 so I can make like harry potter and FLY AWAY
>>
>>338026730
It's two months
>>
>>338027630
Shoot thought it was June not July.
>>
>>338018901
I'm saving all my grinding for Monster Hunter Generations.

Not even gonna touch the other 3ds games.
>>
>>338026042
You'll kill more than enough Great Jaggis through normal progression to make the armour set and that can carry you through the whole of LR. You can just do the same with HR GJ for the next fights, or get another early armour set. It's not until the latter half of G-Rank where it becomes necessary to get the really grindy gear.
>>
>>338028326
>using Jaggi through the whole of LR
Yeah, I would do something that stupid, IF BLIGHTS WEREN'T A FUCKING THING
>>
>>338028979
You definitely need to grind in MH later on, but come the fuck on, anon. How bad can you be to get destroyed in LR? Jaggi is a solid blademaster set in most games, and is more than enough to carry you through the entirety of LR.
>>
>>338029157
>Jaggi is a solid blademaster set in most games
AHAHAHAHA
>>
>>338029509
You're bad, we get it. You don't need to prove this to us any more.
>>
>>338029509
But it is. Are you retarded? It only struggles against fire, but by the time you get to the volcano in each game, you should be decent enough to not get hit very often. Skills that boost your damage are always preferable to defence boosting skills and GJ gives you a nice flat attack boos right from the start of the game
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.