[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Gamest that /v/ memed you into buying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10
File: xenoblade-chronicles-x-covert.png (2 MB, 924x1320) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-x-covert.png
2 MB, 924x1320
ITT: Gamest that /v/ memed you into buying
>>
>>338012152
That game was fun as fuck though anon.
>>
>>338013043
Too many things kept it from being a great game. It was mediocre.
>>
File: xenobladechroniclespoop.jpg (64 KB, 610x354) Image search: [Google]
xenobladechroniclespoop.jpg
64 KB, 610x354
A single-player MMO.

WOOOOOOOW
>>
>buying games

what went wrong?
>>
File: Heavy_Rain_Cover_Art.jpg (14 KB, 288x345) Image search: [Google]
Heavy_Rain_Cover_Art.jpg
14 KB, 288x345
Back at the time when /v/ went full "JASON" and spout lean kid meme.
>>
>>338012152
Really though, how is it? I watched some gameplays and the robot fighting seemed awesome as fuck, am i missing something? I heard something about missions being recycled over and over but as long as the monster killing goes like that, i'm fine.
>>
the digimon with a bunch of hot girls

biggest pile of shit I've ever bought
>>
>>338014669
go on...
>>
Wonderful 101. I don't like the controls, I really should have played the demo before.
>>
>>338013141
Do you require every game you play to have a twenty million dollar budget a massive team and years of polish?
>>
>>338014205
It's gr8. Only the basic missions are recycled, but from a certain point onwards you don't even need to do them anymore.
>>
>>338015418
Maybe if it weren't made by gooks then it would have been a good game.
>>
File: xcx.jpg (14 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
xcx.jpg
14 KB, 240x240
what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
frankly, /v/ memed me OUT of buying xenoblade xhronicles x

I'd been thinking of picking it up with a wiiu, but I lost motivation after hearing how the translation was a bit of a hackjob,

I still would like to eventually get a wiiu, if only just for wonderful 101 and bayonetta.
>>
>>338014205
The mech combat is the worst part of the game. But flying around with them feels amazing for the first few hours after you get access to it.
>>
File: NXdevil.jpg (104 KB, 399x458) Image search: [Google]
NXdevil.jpg
104 KB, 399x458
I went in expecting a JRPG, ended up getting a Nickelodeion tier cast in an offline MMO.

It's such a fucking shame how badly Nintendo ruined Monolith, I mean they werne't exactly solid before Nintendo went in but man did Nintendo really pimp them out and reduce them to be marketable to that 10 year old consumer market.

I bought it for the artstyle though and was still let down because the game is just so fucking boring. The entire game is a fetch quest with shit dialogue. That's it. Babbies first pretend-rpg which is actually a shopping to:do list in a dead world and an artstyle that's gone to completely to waste.
>>
>>338017265
XCX is not a game you buy for story anyways, it's an amazing game for the exploration and adventure parts.
>>
Dark souls
Undertale
CS:Go
>>
/v/ got me to buy this and I was pretty happy with it.
>>
>>338012152
This is the only game I really liked on the wiiu
>>
>>338012152
This game was the biggest fucking disappointment after XC. The animations are bad, lip sync is bad, unlikable characters, the story is horrible, the final boss is super underwhelming, and more.
It's okay if all you want is a single player mmo-style rpg.
Otherwise, it's a huge waste of time.
>>
>>338018993
>lip sync and animations matter
What?
It doesn't even show in the gameplay, so why does it matter?
And the final boss is okay imo
>>
This game was fun until the skells
>>
>>338017441
>The mech combat is the worst part of the game.

Care to explain me why, please?
>>
>>338012152
One of the worst games I've played
>>
>>338019232
Not him but compared to on-foot combat it's just a dumbed down version of it. It's not nearly as engaging to fight in a skell as it was on-foot.
>>
>>338019232
It takes away every nouance from the combat and replaces it with "mash all your long ass cooldowns".
>>
>>338012152

OP are you literally me? I was considering making this exact thread about this exact game about two hours ago with the exact same wording.

Anyways you posted it. Literally the only thing impressive was how big the world was.
>>
>>338019447
The game was worse in almost every way compared to xenoblade chronicles. For being a sequel in name it was disappointing
>>
>>338019547
X had better sidequests, exploration, and the map to actually let you know where the fucker you're meant to be talking to is.

C had better story, music, and characters IMO
>>
>>338017574
This, pretty much. It's a shame because it seemed like they basically nailed every aspect of gameplay and aesthetics (besides character models damn those faces could have used some work) but the story left so much to be desired and the affinity missions really didn't make up for the lack of a story as ambitious as the planet could have allowed.
>>
>>338019083
It contributes to the games already feel of low quality.
I'll also mention the awful camera.
How you perceived the final boss is up to you, but the whole chapter was really underwhelming considering everything that led up to it. The boss himself was also hilariously small.
The epilogue was i don't even know what it was. The only explanation we get is "alien planet", and the game fucking ends there.
>>
>>338020237
I felt it was kind of refreshing to just ignore the story and go all out on exploration.
>>
>>338012152
xenoblade chron is a pretty good rpg
>>
Hotline Meme, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing.
>>
>>338012152
I loved it, haven't enjoyed a vidya game in a long while till this.

Already fully decked out with XX Augments feels great
>>
>>338013201
The fact that people like that style of gameplay shows that gaming left me behind a long time ago.
>>
I will never forgive weebs for hyping this shit. You can walk through everything, there's no vibration, attacks don't feel like they connect. It's completely weightless and joyless. The music is so bad that it's embarasing to play the game in my living area. The font is way too small. The graphics are weird as fuck because clearly they used all kinds of tricks just so you can see all the way across static backdrops really far. There are better mmos on pc and many of them are devoid of anime cringe. Who enjoys mmos anymore anyways and why would anyone want to play one without other people?
>>
>>338020478
I liked that for the first 50 or so hours I played the game and yeah I was pretty fucking impressed that it held my attention for so long but while I appreciated the lax take on story it would have been nice to have a decent, lax story, rather than the mess we got
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 444x460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 444x460
>>338012152
One of the few games that I loved until the end. The ending is dogshit because it resolves nothing and opens more questions that will never be answered.
>>
>>338019232
Early game is waiting for cooldowns

Late game is one-shotting everything
>>
It's a game for minmaxers and as such was only really enjoyable when the majority of the game was unknown. Now that we know how multipliers work and which augments are best everyone just plays the same thing.
>>
>>338020262
>complaining about the camera in Xenoblade of all things
lol okay
>>
File: 75243884.jpg (13 KB, 320x303) Image search: [Google]
75243884.jpg
13 KB, 320x303
>>338012152
Post Elma pls.
>>
I loved the game, but one of the things that ruined it for me was how I kept looking forward to end game where I could beat all those crazy monsters that chased me around, but then the end game turned out to be pretty damn bad.
>>
Dragon's Dogma.
Not a bad game but I was hype from the features and the overall game I bought it.
Still have yet to get past the first hour of playing.
>>
I loved the exploration, gameplay & world design.

I hate the characters, the childish writing, the generic sci fi, the anime melodrama, the Tatsu jokes, the general Saturday morning cartoon writing. The main story is literally no better than a Wonderful 101 plot. I also hate the shitty commercial-sounding Sawano music & the American dub & American translation.
>>
File: P4G.jpg (25 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
P4G.jpg
25 KB, 199x253
This, I don't understand why people love it so much
>>
>>338026320
>he started on Hard mode
>>
>>338025208
Why do people keep saying that the end game is bad ? I mean fuck the whole giant red plant in the north of noctilum is pretty fucking impressive
>>
File: It's not Fallout.jpg (155 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
It's not Fallout.jpg
155 KB, 1280x720
If a CRPG isn't viewed from an isometric viewpoint and operated by point and click, it's shit.
>>
>>338012152
What the fuck OP. /v/ has been shitposting about this game for months, and that was way before the bad reviews came out.

Don't blame /v/ for making poor decisions.
>>
>>338014964
Same here. Gave up pretty soon because I could not get used to the controls.

Interesting concept, but not a game for me. At least I bought it when WiiU games were ridiculously cheap
>>
Starfox Zero

What an absolute mess.
>>
File: Style Savvy.jpg (66 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
Style Savvy.jpg
66 KB, 500x446
>>338012152
We Cheer! and Style Savvy Trendsetters

Both are pretty good, actually.
>>
I'm 10 hours so far and my only complain is that the menu font is fucking small
>>
>>338028468
So... what's supposed to be so good about the Style Savvy series, anyway?

Fashion Forward is on sale at Target, is that the good one?
>>
>>338029262
At that point you just switch it over to the gamepad
>>
>>338031268
I don't know about the series. I've just played Trendsetters.

It's sort of a store management, sort of dress up, sort of matching. There's a bunch of different clothing items from different brand names, and each brand has a specific "style". (cool style, pop style, etc.) Random NPCs come in and ask for a something in a style, so you get an item (or sometimes an outfit) in the appropriate style. A bit later, they won't be using the specific style terms but more general terms, and you need to have a good idea of what style they mean and remember which brands are that style.

The store management comes in with needing to buy new stock occasionally, wanting to make sure you have enough stock, and not bankrupting the business by just buying out everything.

No clue if Fashion Forward is any different, although some videos seem to indicate something similar - looks like you put patterns on clothing items as well.

I bought Trendsetters for $4, which I thought was a good deal. If it's on sale for under $10 I'd say go ahead and give it a try. If it's just on sale for $35 or something, maybe not.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.