[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy this game? I don't really play games of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: valkyria.jpg (265 KB, 1012x1266) Image search: [Google]
valkyria.jpg
265 KB, 1012x1266
Should I buy this game? I don't really play games of this genre, but it's gotten good reviews and I'm an Amazon Prime member so I can save a few bucks if I get it within a couple of weeks.
>>
>>
Does anime world war 2 sound like a good time?
>>
Its pretty nice. The system is pretty bad, and although it is pretty anime-ish, its not as bad as you would assume. If you enjoy RPGs in the style of XCOM, there's a decent game here.

Simple and pretty easy, but can be a hell of a lot of fun.
>>
>>338007571
Why are you here?

>>338007518
Try it since its cheap.
>>
>>338007852
Easy is good. I really don't play these kind of games at all, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

>>338007857
Okay, I will. I needed to order something with James Joyce's Dubliners anyway. Savings, you know.
>>
>>338007518
The game is great. It doesn't really have a lot of depth and there are some balance issues with certain units, but I had a lot of fun with it.

That said, the Steam version is 10 dollars cheaper and has the same features if your PC isn't a toaster.
>>
>>338007518
I think it's worth playing now, especially if you haven't yet. Though if you don't like anime tropes, stay away.
>>
>>338008338
It's a toaster. I only use it for 4chan. PS4's my only option.
>>
>>338007518

It's 30 buck. I don't see why not.

I like that PS4 has bucket price games at launch day, was the same for Ratched and Clank.
>>
Does the DLC come with it already and is there a hard mode when you beat it?
>>
>>338008726
It comes with all the DLC, yes. I think it's got the hard mode too.
>>
>>338008794
The original didn't have one eh?
>>
>>338008387
The only anime I've seen in my life, besides Miyazaki stuff, is Yu-Gi-Oh. I hated Yu-Gi-Oh, but that may not be what you want to judge all anime off of. Sprited Away was dope.
>>
Could just get the steam version and play in 4k.
>>
>>338009896
Not on my lappy.
>>
>>338009275
You may like it then. It has a lot of modern anime tropes that I hear lots of gripes about, but its a lot less than in all other weebshit.

If you're looking for something to play, I'd say go for it. It pleasantly surprised me at least.
>>
>>338010219
Also, partially what I'm referring to is >>337989883 . Context is the main girl finds a pig with dead parents, and she takes them in as a squad mascot. Didn't add anything to the story, but it was fast, but it rustles a lot of jimmes if you read the thread.
>>
It as good as they hype and then some. Anime be damned, it a solid game with anime skinning.
>>
>>338010401
That's funny, but as long as it's quick I don't think I'll mind.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.