[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kingdom Hearts thread. We're in too deep to give up on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13
File: Kingdom_Hearts_Characters.jpg (199 KB, 800x493) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom_Hearts_Characters.jpg
199 KB, 800x493
Kingdom Hearts thread. We're in too deep to give up on the series now.
>>
>>338002997
Can someone tl;dr the story of this mess
>>
>>338003237
Sora is a retard, Riku is DARKNESS but good, Kairi is more of a plot device than actual character, Donald, Goofy, and Mickey are there for some reason, Aqua is the only good thing about this shit show, DARKNESS, LIGHT, HEARTS, POWER, Lots of Xehanorts
>>
>>338002997
I've been thinking of returning to this. Just downloaded the full OST a few days ago.
>>
I prefer Fallout 4
>>
File: 1463538444640.png (538 KB, 590x874) Image search: [Google]
1463538444640.png
538 KB, 590x874
>>338002997
olette a cute.
>>
>>338003237
Evil dude named Xehanort fucks everything up, it's up to Sora and his friends to fix his mess then kick the shit out of him.
>>
>>338003237
Everyone is Sora, everyone else is Xehanort.
>>
>>338003431
>>338005418
>>338005498
>>
>>338003431
don't forget FRIENDS
>>
>>338003237
you can't tl;dr kingdom hearts
>>
i bet you think you can psyche me out by saying really random shit! :^)

I absolutely cannot wait for fucking KH3. urry the fuck up and release already. even if it's more like DDD (gameplay wise DDD is the shittiest of the series. yes, Days and Re:coded both had better combat), I'll still enjoy it as I've replayed DDD at least six times.

2.8 can't release soon enough.
>>
so fucking excited for kingdom hearts 3. playing as sora with my fucking NIGGAS Donald and GOOF
>>
File: 184.png (76 KB, 200x273) Image search: [Google]
184.png
76 KB, 200x273
>yfw the story isn't complicated at all if you've actually played every game
DDD did make me scratch my head a bit though.
>>
>>338009882
SHUT THE FUCK UP ONSOKUMARU
>>
>>338003237
Sure why not gives me an excuse to finally make a revised version of my summary. I won't go game by game (maybe later or in the general), but be warned super spoilerly. Alsonothing not 100% canon no matter how implied will be said here.
Also you'll need a glossary cause I'm not explaining most terms.
Long time ago in the age of fairy tails there was one World. The World held the light (Kingdom Hearts). The World was protected by people called Keyblade wielders. Keyblades are "artificial" things created in the likeness of the X-blade (Pronounces Ki blade). Which is the key to accessing Kingdom Hearts.
Basically this was fine until it all went to shit and a huge war happened where almost all keybladers died, The World was shattered, and KH was lost in the darkness. Luckily the light in the hearts of Children restored the World in the form of many smaller worlds.

Flash Forward millennia. One of (if not the) last proper orders of Keyblade wielders is composed of Terra, Aqua, Ventus, and their Master Eraqus.
Basically Master Xehanort who's pretty much Emperor Palpatine manipulates events to kill Eraqus and take over Terra's body because his own body is old. He choses Terra because he's got a lot of darkness in his heart. Then it turns out that Ventus had the light and dark sides of heart split apart and the darkness became a being called Vanitas, and their eventual combining created a X-blade. Luckily Aqua with the help of King Mickey, and the internal struggle of Terra and Ven defeats Xehanort and Vanitas. Unfortunately Ven is put into a coma, Terra is still possessed, and Aqua is trapped in a different dimension while trying to save him.

I'll stop with the setup here and continue to KH1 area and beyond. Also then I'll give a meme summary in under 500 characters.
>>
>>338010504
Thanks, looking forward to the rest. I need to catch up. I always forget this shit lol
>>
>>338003237
nuts and friendship
>>
>>338010504
Okay to continue

Flash forward 10 years.

A boy named Sora, and his friends Riku and Kairi live on Destiny Islands. DI is attacked by the Heartless. Sora ends up gaining a keyblade and defending himself, he eventually goes on a world hoping journey to save his two friends. Except Riku goes evil, but it's okay he goes good before the game ends. Also while we don't know this at the start both Riku and Kairi are able to wield keyblades. And over the course of his journey Sora becomes worthy of one too, and he becomes a heartless briefly this is important.

Also during this time there's an organization of Nobodies called organization 13. They want to build a false kingdom hearts in order to become people again. Basically all their plans involved control Sora. Either via memory manipulation, using Sora's Nobody Roxas (told you it was quick summary),or his not quite clone Xion. Basically 358/2 and CoM deal with these plans failing horribly.

KH2 involves Sora once again traveling the worlds to defeat the Organization. He eventually reunites with Riku who after redeeming himself over the course of multiple games is finally worth to summon his own keyblade again.

Oh right the Terra possed Xehanort was the big bad of the two previous games via his Heartless and Nobody.

Finally DDD has the Yensid tell them that Xehanort isn't dead yet, so they need to train.
Basically Xehanort sabotages that shit and reveals his ultimate goal is to create the true X-blade and obtain Kingdom Hearts.
How? Via time travel and pulling a Voldemort and turning people into his soul jars.

Oh right other shit
Axel also called Lea is a badguy turned good guy turned keyblade wielder. Basically his story can be summed up by him not wanting to be a huge asshole, but his only "friend" told him to be a huge asshole, until he found new friends and became good.
>>
WHEN YOU WALK AWAY
>>
YOU DON'T HEAR ME SAY
>>
PLEEEEEEEEEASE
>>
OH GOSALYNNNN
>>
DON'T GO
>>
OH BABY
>>
>>338011283
So we can safely assume the big bad guy in KH3 is going to be the Terra possessed by Xehanort?

Sorry I never played Birth by Sleep
>>
File: Aqua.png (287 KB, 503x673) Image search: [Google]
Aqua.png
287 KB, 503x673
Best girl coming through
>>
"Guys I had this cool idea. Let's make a crossover between classic Disney cartoons and Final Fantasy. But there has to be an original cast of characters to tie them together, so..."

Why the fuck does this series exist?
>>
File: roy conli.jpg (114 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
roy conli.jpg
114 KB, 1920x1080
>>338011745
If you played DDD, you'll probably be more inclined to think Evil Bald Spock is likely to be the final boss.

On a side note, the series took too long to conclude that both the English and the Japanese voice actor for Master Xehanort have died.
>>
>>338011745
Possibly. He was missing in DDD, but he's likely missing and the best candidate other than a Xehanort in his prime.
>>
>>338012048
What are you trying to say with your post? I know you're bitching, but it doesn't make much sense.
>>
File: 1406626607381.png (228 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
1406626607381.png
228 KB, 500x271
obligatory ranking. judge me all you fucking want

KH2 > 358/2 days > KH re coded = KH1 > BBS > COM > shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DDD >khx
>>
>>338012968
I'm hoping they implement Mission Mode into KH3. It's surprising how much fun it was, doubly so with more people.
>>
>>338013321
it would be great if they added it in as long as it was just co-op side deal thing that you could do solo if you wanted.
>>
>>338012945
Neither does the concept of Kingdom Hearts
>>
>>338012968
>days better than re:coded
>days and re:coded better than KH1

Oh I'm judging you anon.
>>
File: 1406009844969.jpg (451 KB, 1000x1351) Image search: [Google]
1406009844969.jpg
451 KB, 1000x1351
>>338013563
i'm sorry anon. to explain myself it's because days is the only game i love for the story and coded has some awesome ass combat and is equal to kh1 its clunky ass combat pisses me off.
>>
>>338012968
Why do you hate DDD? Flowmotion is awesome.
>>
>>338014090
>time travel
>axel becoming a keyblade master
>OH GUESS WHAT NONE OF THE ORGANIZATION 13 MEMBERS DIED XD
>>
File: 1450744990145.png (384 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450744990145.png
384 KB, 640x480
>>338014189
>caring about the plot in KH
>>
will Xehanort end being able to erase time like King Crimson?
Seems right up Nomura's alley to make him more incomprehensible
>>
>>338014252
it's fucking fan-fiction tier writing.
>>
>>338003237
My best summary:
>KH1 - The game that started it all
>KH Chain of Memories - The one that didn't happen
>KH2 - Electric Boogaloo, they go home
>KH Birth By Sleep - The one that REALLY started it all. Everyone gets fucked
>KH 358/2 Days - The game that didn't happen but still affects the story
>KH Coded - The one that didn't matter
>KH Dream Drop Distance - Time clones
>>
>>338014090
DDD is the worst by far. Flowmotion is only good for getting from A to B.

>flowmotion and keyblade attacks are useless
>Stupid pet system (and command system)
>one secret boss
>useless secret movie
>they keep using the same command system (at least BBS had command styles)
>>
I kind of lost the plot when they introduced time traveling shit. Is it actually confusing, because as soon as I heard "time traveling" and "past selves" I didn't even try to comprehend it
>>
>>338012048
>Why the fuck does this series exist?
Because once upon a time Squaresoft and Disney Japan worked in the same office building, and two of their employees happened to get on an elevator together and started to talk about how wicked it would be to make a game together, which gave golden boy Nomura the chance he wanted to make his Mario 64 clone. Then Sakaguchi told him to make it more complicated.

No, really.
>>
>>338015204
FUCKING SAKAGUCHI
>>
File: ButThenXehanortRused.png (39 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
ButThenXehanortRused.png
39 KB, 640x320
>>338003237
Xehanort, a man who was so CURIOUS about Kingdom Hearts itself (The Keyblade War), he fucked many people's lives in the process. Its now up to Sora, Riku, and friends to revive everyone and fix the damn mess he made.
>>
File: Olette behind.jpg (45 KB, 510x706) Image search: [Google]
Olette behind.jpg
45 KB, 510x706
>>338004698

Olette a fatass.
>>
File: Saxtong.jpg (169 KB, 538x839) Image search: [Google]
Saxtong.jpg
169 KB, 538x839
>NOBODY gets hijacked like GASTON!
>>
>>338017623
jesus christ how horrifying
>>
File: Gastonity.jpg (132 KB, 998x545) Image search: [Google]
Gastonity.jpg
132 KB, 998x545
>>338018575

>not being turned on brown Gaston

Away with you, faggot.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.