[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>powerful enough to play any vidya, even if settings compromise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: hp omen.jpg (60 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
hp omen.jpg
60 KB, 770x433
>powerful enough to play any vidya, even if settings compromise may be required in some cases
>built like a tank
>stylish as fuck
>keyboard is literally perfect and can be customized
>light, portable
>doesn't get hot
>touchscreen has honest to God changed the way I work to the tune of about 30% more productivity
>runs Win10 and Linux without fuss
>Touchpad is wide as fuck for work and can even be used to play FPSes
>got mine for under $1,000
Make me regret this purchase, /v/.
>protip: you can't
>>
I tell this to anyone considering buying this shit

computers are an investment and with a gaming laptop unless it will sit on your desk all the time you will carry it around and fuck it up in some way eventually that would never happen to a desktop

with my ~500 dollar laptop I dont give a shit if it gets dinged up or the mobo dies after 5 years

but if im spending 1k on a machine I expect to get many years out of it and I do PC repair work and if a gaming laptop makes it longer than 4 years I consider that a miracle.
>>
It was a little overpriced,but if it fits your needs,nice buy:)
>>
>>338002732
>win 10

fag
>>
>>338002927
I was a bit paranoid going into the idea of getting a high-end laptop, especially a gaming one, but I have no room for a desktop in my house or my life (work from home with kids in a somewhat small house), so I didn't really have much choice if I wanted muh vidya. I've had it for 4 months so far and there hasn't been one flaw, but I'm not going to stop being at least a bit uneasy until I'm past a year. It's got a GTX 860m, which has/is getting Vulkan, I forget, and an i7-4710HQ, so I expect I'll be able to keep it for about 10 years, even if it's a bit of a dinosaur by then.
>>
>>338002732
I haven't had a desktop in ten years. I can't make you regret your choice whatsoever. Here's a free bump
>>
>>338002732
You could have gotten just under 500 chicken and mayo burgers at McDonalds instead.
>>
File: 2013 build.jpg (113 KB, 816x498) Image search: [Google]
2013 build.jpg
113 KB, 816x498
>>338003385
Here's mine
>>
I have one nigga, got it for a really good deal. Mine is the 860m version instead of the 960m, but they perform very similarly. My only complaint would be the fan noise, but that's understandable really considering how thin it is. I also rarely encounter an issue where the screen starts flickering but a restart usually fixes that. I also kinda wish the back lighting on the keys was a bit brighter, but all in all gud laptop. Small enough to take to uni for notes n shit without looking like 'that guy' with his fucking 700lb alienware laptop
>>
>>338002732
>doesn't get hot
really?
>>
>>338002732
>$1k for a goddamn laptop
You bought a prebuilt you idiot. You could've saved literally a good couple hundred by buying the parts and just watching videos on Youtube. Also would've extended the lifespan of that laptop for a good few years.
>>
>>338002732
> HP
> probably runs hotter than a fabgook pro
> macro keys on the left of the keyboard

Jesus OP
>>
>touchscreen has honest to God changed the way I work to the tune of about 30% more productivity
whatever rofl
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.