[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /v/ actually get mad when black people are in video games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: Nadine.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Nadine.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
Does /v/ actually get mad when black people are in video games? I get mad when games try and push social justice on me but I really didn't have a problem with Nadine. She's basically interchangeable with a man and doesn't try to force any social issues down the player's throat, so why hate her so much?
>>
>>338002014
A lot of the boys on /v/ are really insecure.
>>
Cuckmann is really good about keeping his ideology out of his games.
>>
no, but I am mad that she's voiced by a f*cking white woman
>>
She's played by fucking Laura Bailey. There's no hidden sjw agenda, the complaining is just from buttmad /pol/niggers.
>>
who the fuck cares if the character is whit black or whatever? im not here to talk about character race, im here to play a game and have fun. good lord you pople are a special kind of fucking retarded
>>
No but /pol/ does
>>
>>338002345
>>338002432
That does annoy me when I white person tries to voice a black person. Fucking Vigilante 8 does this and it sounds so bad.
>>
>>338002014
Only thing I hated about her is that she just ended up fucking off at the end.
>>
>>338002014
No. But Naughty Dog loves putting women on a pedestal. Nadine would be dead if she was a male villain. The daughter at the end is foreshadowing a female Drake if they ever do Uncharted 5.
>>
>>338002014

>yfw she was voiced by Laura Bailey a white VO
>>
File: Deception.png (353 KB, 553x601) Image search: [Google]
Deception.png
353 KB, 553x601
>>338002814
Yeah I would have loved a final fistfight or something with Nadine.

>>338002802>>338003075
Does it really matter? I mean I couldn't tell the difference
>>
>>338002014
>villain
>fucks your shit up on multiple occasions
>walks off scot free

fucking mary sue if she died then it would ok but she is invincible
>>
>>338002014
/v/ seemed more angry about her beating the snot out of drake and his brother, rather than her being black.

>>338002802
Why not just higher the best actor for the job? LB apparently did the best in auditions, so they went with her. It's not like it's real acting where visuals matter too, it's just VA.
>>
>>338002014
mostly just the webm of her manhandling drake and his brother when her physique looks like she could barely lift a watermelon
>>
>>338003257
Cause we all know /v/ takes serious issues with skinny QTs being warriors in video games. Besides given her backstory it would make sense that she's a great fighter. Drake and Sam only learned how to fight through scraps.
>>
>>338003443
yes, formal training would help, but it doesn't negate the obvious difference in physique

there's a reason we use guns on our enemies instead of clubs
>>
>>338003165

this was my main fucking problem with Nadine, she was the worse type of mary sue, no fucking reason why we shouldn't have an opportunity to kick her shit in at the end, they build her up quite a bit as this tough as shit and unbeatable boss and in the end we didn't even get to fight and beat her proper.

the game as a whole felt like it took itself too seriously but at least it isn't as pretentious as the average indie game, I wish there was some crazy pirate monster type of enemy at the end but disappointingly the game tries to be more serious and grounded.
>>
>>338002014
They already did this in the last of us so you're a bit late on your argument. Also she got humiliated in front of her men when Sam took her as a hostage Also some of her men abandoned her and later some of them betrayed her so she's not perfect.
>>
it feels bad that a corporate crowd will shove a black person in like they're some sort of token or quota and if you don't meet that many people then it won't sell

then consequently hide behind them having a black person in it to deflect criticism

i don't mind the character but it always reminds me these are committee made crafted products without any soul or care
>>
>>338002814
She was a mercenary for hire with no personal drive to find Avery's treasure, it makes sense for her to fuck off with the gold she already had. Anti-climactic sure, but it makes sense.

>>338002802
They had the voice actress before they had a design, or at least that was their excuse.
>>
>>338002014
They do now for some reason. For example, no one gave a shit when Demoman was unveiled for TF2.

Try unveiling a black Scotsman now, tell me how that goes over.
>>
>>338003165
>most of the army she's known for and feared for is now dead thanks to two brothers
>not becoming a laughing-stock of the mercenary world

ok
>>
It said she inherited Shoreline from her father.

What? PMC aren't fucking hereditary businesses.

Dead South Africans. Dead South Africans everywhere.
>>
>>338002014
nah. I've been exposed to so much tumblr feminist retardation that when I see female and minority characters I immediately become skeptical. Thanks "anti racists". You've made me more aware of race than I ever was
>>
>>338005281
Companies pass from fathers to sons/daughters all the time. It's a different face giving the same money.
>>
Nadine is literally an infallible character with nothing to her name except the fact that she's a black chick.

Everyone else has to suffer the consequences of their actions and work to get what they want and she just comes in and gets to be perfect in every way. She's never wrong, she's never beaten by anyone, and she gets away with no issue.

And then people use the flimsy excuse that she runs a PMC to defend her existence when Nate has already dealt with two PMCs before this.

You want to see what diversity done right is? Tenzin. He made sense, you got a feel for his character as a person, you understood his motivations, he struggled and overcame, and he wasn't perfect.
>>
>>338002345
Why does this matter? Do black chicks sound vastly different from every other race? Would it matter if some asian chick voiced a white girl?
>>
Name a game where a white male punches a black woman in the face.

Nice try SJW posters
>>
>>338002014
Does uncharted have blacks, gays and transsexuals?
>>
I get mad at poorly written villains that you're forced to lose to getting off scott free without a single instance of losing to you.

Nate losing every physical confrontation to Nadine no matter what is shitty video game direction, full stop.
>>
>>338005667
black woman gets shot in the head by order of a white male interrogator like five minutes into Homefront Revolution (watched it on youtube no I didn't buy it)
>>
>>338002014

Only insecure white men chimp out when they see a female or non white character in something. No one else legitimately cares about such inconsequential things.
>>
>>338006027
Found the jew.
>>
File: 55756400.jpg (59 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
55756400.jpg
59 KB, 400x400
>>338002014
>Does /v/ actually get mad when black people are in video games?
No. Its the fact that this dindu unrealistically beat themc of the damn game. When we knoe that shit wouldnt happen, why are we supposed to be like yeah, this is right? Because shes an intentional strong independent black woman that dont need no man? Fuck off.
>>
>>338006168

Found the insecure white man.
>>
>>338006310
Says the jew that chimps out anytime someone white is on screen, gets an award, plays a song, and doesn't prostrate themselves in front of blacks.
>>
>>338006418

Can't say I can find it in me to give a shit about anything you're talking about.
>>
File: 1463534375298.gif (2 MB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
1463534375298.gif
2 MB, 300x240
>>338002802
>Blacks have to sound like ghetto monkeys
>They don't have any other accent
>>
do you get snoo snoo from her
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.