[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uncharted 4/nuTomb Raider/Games with that type of climb mechanics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 1920x1080
What makes these games have good platforming?

Legitimate question. I've never played them and I want to pick up the latest titles because of how they're good "modern platformers" or something. So how do the climbing mechanics invoke good level designs to be up there with the most talked about platformers?
>>
>good platforming
the platforming isn't good, just cool to look at at.
>>
The climbing in uncharted is mechanic free, my cuck friend
>>
>>337992741
they don't really have good platforming. just nice animations. don't know about tomb raider, but uncharted has some really dynamic platforming set pieces which are impressive fun. but it's not great platforming level design or something, it's just a great set piece
>>
>Rise of the "Tomb Raider" has good platforming
>A first person shooter game
>Having good platforming
Are you special in the head anon?
>>
>>337993858
>first person shooter
what
>>
>>337993445
I'm going full retard right now cuz I'm doing dances in my head to figure that sentence out.

>>337993532
So platorming in of itself is a set piece too, along with the actual cinematic set pieces? That's weird, but I guess that would explain why some people say it's good platforming. That's not really my cup of tea though.

>>337993858
You mean third-person

And, well, you got me there. Again I don't know much of these titles other than they get talked up as being Platformers.
>>
>>337994556
>actual cinematic set pieces
well it depends on what you mean by that
uncharted has straight cutscenes and it has interactive set pieces, in which you can move around and jump and do whatever, usually as the environment is moving (including vehicles) or falling apart or something like that. platforming is often involved, and that platforming is fun just because of how dynamic the situation is, how natural it feels to play and how well animated it is, how well it accommodates player input during such a crazy scene.
the platforming outside of those set pieces can be a little fun, but it's basically just "jump where you need to go next", "climb this thing", nothing very interesting mechanically.
>>
>>337992741
They are not platformers. They are cover based third person shooters.
>>
>>337992741
jak and daxter is a platformer uncharted is a mash X to win simulator
>>
Nu-Tomb Raider somehow manages to be worse games than the Uncharted series.
>>
>>337996389
Uncharted stays to it's roots and doesn't alienate it's fans by making itself into a completely different genre with a super generic looking protag.
>>
>>337992741
>What makes these games have good platforming?
They don't have good platforming.
>>
>>337992741
>Uncharted
>Good platforming

There is literally zero risk climbing things because if you end up falling you literally start right before you fell.
>>
>>337992741
>climbing with no sense of danger or difficulty is good
lmoa
>>
>>337992741

>good platforming

They don't have good platforming. They don't have platforming.
>>
File: bartoli56.jpg (202 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
bartoli56.jpg
202 KB, 500x375
>>337999641
Tomb Raider have good platforming.
>>
>>337993858
>first person
Are you?
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 178x283) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 178x283
>>338000118
Yes, that's Tomb Raider, and yes it has good platforming; what OP was referring to was the new "Tomb Raider" games which are Tomb Raider in name only.
>>
>>338000229
(you)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.