[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Capra Demon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9
File: capra-demon-large.jpg (87 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
capra-demon-large.jpg
87 KB, 600x338
Do y'all consider him unfair?
>>
>>337990390
babbys first casual filter
>>
>>337990390
Artificial difficulty, that's all.

Hard for new players
>>
Considering the actuall enemy is easy as fuck and the hard thing is the small space with the dogs

Yes.
>>
>>337990390
The only reason Capra Demon is hard is because FROM decided to go "Fuck you" and put 2 dogs in there with him, ina really small arena.

Thats it. Capra is a joke like most single enemies in Dark Souls, which is why FROM is so lazy about making stuff hard.

Dragonslayer Armor? Better have a dragon shooting shit at you in the second phase to make it harder.

Lothric/Lorian? Well better have the boss revive and be able to spam magic and combo you with soul spears just to make it artificailly difficult.

Same with Abyss Watchers, same with every mutli-enemy encounters in the series. It's an easy, and really fucking lazy to make the encounter "hard"
>>
>>337990390
its a poorly designed fight who's difficulty resides with a tiny room and two dogs, a poise check if want to call it something. walk in that room with knight or ek set + wolf ring, bait the overhead slam and spam r1 with your +5 weapon, dogs+capra die in 10seconds.
>>
>>337990390
Never had trouble with it

Queelag on the other hand fucked me like 10 times
>>
>>337990390
Not when you can throw poo poo pies over his fog wall and never even see him.
>>
>>337990706
>>337990694
Isn't it legitimate to test the player's skill of dealing with multiple enemies?
>>
>>337990390
>unfair
>can cheese him by running up the stairs and jumping onto a ledge he can't reach
>>
File: capra.jpg (363 KB, 900x936) Image search: [Google]
capra.jpg
363 KB, 900x936
I consider him sexy
>>
The dogs are the real boss, he's already beat by the stairs.
>>
>>337990847

Its a lazy way of doing so. They should've just given Capra Demon a more diverse and intense skillset.
>>
>>337990390
not really. he ethnically cleansed me a few times but the second thing you see when you walk through that fog gate is the stairs

if your first thought isn't to immediately get the high ground then that's on you
>>
>>337990821
Me too. I killed Capra Demon first try, I died so much on Queelag.
>>
no, it's just a test to see if you know what the roll button is
>>
>>337990847
No because in the rest of the game enemies are usually well placed in big enough areas.

The Capra demon is just a cluster fuck.
>>
>>337990390
He's not really unfair, but his opening attack is kind of.

He's piss easy if you can dodge his first attack, but him and the dogs leap at you as soon as you walk through the fog gate.
>>
>>337990390
All you have to fucking do is rush up the stairs.
>>
>>337990847
It could be, but that super-fast dog ambush straight at the door is just stupid. Make the arena just a bit bigger and spawn the dogs a bit further away, and it would be fine, but of course the best thing would be getting rid of the dogs and stairs altogether and making Capra a harder enemy on itself.
>>
It's been five years and we still have these threads
>>
Playing this game for the first time.
Killed the Taurus Demon on my second try by doing a plunging attack then rolling through his legs between attacks.
Summoned Solaire and got an axe that I've been using from the first gargoyle. Killed them on the first try.
Killed the capra demon on my first try by luring the dogs up the stairs then finished him with plunge attacks.
Accidentally chopped off the Gaping Dragon's tail and got a neat weapon. Killed him on the first try but nearly died figuring out his patterns twice.
Summoned the Mildred chick and just went back and forth on the spider bitch's legs until she died.
Fought the discharge dude, died twice then noticed that there was a chasm near the fog gate you enter through. Lured him back there to try and shoot him to death with a bow. Instead, he jumped and held on while I smashed his hand and knocked him off the ledge.
Sen's Fortress is fucking me up though. I managed to get all the weird headless spear titanite dropping dudes though.
>>
>>337990847
DaS1 combat is designed around 1v1 combat so that's a fucking terrible excuse
>>
>>337992336
How so? I agree that it's best when it's 1v1, but fighting multiple enemies can be challenging and fun, too.
>>
>>337992296
>>
>>337992740

>it's hipster to talk about your experience with a game

Neatly may-mayed, child.
>>
>>337993403

>Hipster
>>
>>337993605

Fedora, Hipster. Literally the same thing, now away with you, kiddo.
>>
>>337990390
Call me retarded but I had no problem with any other DS1 boss (including Gargoyles, which I did before) while needing ~40 or even more tries for this piece of shit.
Never raged as hard in all my vidya career.
>>
>>337990390
The boss itself is really easy, dealing with the camera in that confined space not so much.
>>
i don't think he's ever killed me. easy boss.
>>
File: 1309389831372.jpg (7 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
1309389831372.jpg
7 KB, 252x240
>Capra Demon
>Unfair
>>
File: tmp_6875-QpRWkFz-665304448.jpg (22 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6875-QpRWkFz-665304448.jpg
22 KB, 367x500
>>337993857
>kiddo
>>
>>337990390
Literally took me one try, I don't know why people have so much trouble with him. Lure dogs up stairs, attack, then jump down when he comes near. After that just keep your defenses up.

You know what did fuck me up though? The bell gargoyles.
>>
>>337990390
>Runs to the top of the stairs
>Walks to the little platform on the right
>Uses magic or a bow

CHEESED nigga.
>>
just started my first playthrough and he is fucking me up. the fucking dogs man
>>
>>337995054
>Fire works well, arisen

oh wait wrong game (still applies though)
>>
The other pain in the ass about capra is the hike to get to him

>o no ambushed by theives.... for the tenth time
>>
>>337990471
how is it artificial difficulty..
>>
>>337995054
for what its worth the gargoyles teach you that you really have to have them both on screen constantly, and watch the one in back's fire attack. once you get that down they're easy
>>
>>337994881

Still wrong, you memeing nigger.
>>
>>337990390

How of all bosses is this the one considered hard? I could understand Taurus demon because if you're new to the series you'd probably try to fight it head on but Capra it blatantly obvious they want you to use the stairs to jump attack. Also the dogs are trash mobs
>>
It's not fair
He's too easy
>>
File: 1453222203670.jpg (71 KB, 559x598) Image search: [Google]
1453222203670.jpg
71 KB, 559x598
>Get a straightsword to +3
>Get some fire resin
>Two-hand

Congrats, you can now stagger capra demon every 3 hits.
>>
File: 1435341066564.jpg (10 KB, 171x176) Image search: [Google]
1435341066564.jpg
10 KB, 171x176
>>337995480
>He doesn't use the sewers shortcut
>>
>>337992296
>Summoned
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>337990390
I never understood how anyone had trouble with this fucker. I'm assuming they were just dexfags with no vitality who couldn't into poise. Even in my very first playthrough of Dark Souls I was surprised he was even a boss.
>>
>>337990847
No. You never have to fight in an area that cramped again for the rest of the game.
>>
>>337990821

Quelagg is so far the only boss I've killed first try. Capra took me a few times to get the dodges right but my worst ones so far are smough/ornstein and the chapel gargoyles. Seriously fuck multi bosses
>>
>>337990390
Just cast Aural Decoy or throw an alluring skull.

But if you're going into that fog gate blindly, then yeah it's unfair. You will probably get destroyed as soon as you enter.
>>
Serious question here in all the way in anor londo right now and have killed sif already but was I supposed to kill that red dragon on the bridge where you meat solaire? Fucker is still there and I have no idea what to do.

Ahm a knight btw
>>
>>337997780
bait him out by going out the stairs by the first shortcut. shoot him with an arrow and he'll come down and fight you. its not an easy fight. alternatively spend about half an hour sniping him with arrows from below the bridge. make sure to hit his tail first to get the drake sword
>>
>>337997780
That's the Hellkite Drake. You don't have to kill him, but you can. Like this anon said >>337998216
the easiest way is to snipe him from off to the side.
>>
>>337996589
He himself is easy but the dogs cause major problems. They stunlock the shit out of you and then Capra clubs you with his machetes. It's happened so many times I can picture it in my head.
>>
>>337990390
I beat him first time on my first play through. So no not that hard
>>
>>337990390
i dont even remember fighting him so i guess it couldn't have been too bad, maybe i got lucky i dunno

the only bosses i remember having a lot of trouble with were the bell gargoyles and bed of chaos
>>
>>337995621
Because if you dont have a strategy you will get instantly rekt.

You cannot have a strat the first or second try really.

So you will unavoidably get rekt 2-3 times before you even figure out how to approach the fight.

Arctic fiscal difficulty for sure bro.
>>
>>337999636
>games makes you think instead of mindlessly spamming the attack button
>HURR ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY!!!!

Holy fuck, Skyrim is that way you faggot.
>>
>>337999831
>Think

As soon as you enter, you're attacked by two dogs and an enemy you've never seen before. In a tiny area. No, its artifical difficulty.
>>
>>337990390
My girlfriend beat him on her first try the other day.
>>
>>337999931
He's from the toxic cesspool group known as souls fans,stop paying him any heed to avoid distress.

As someone who has finished all Souls games sans 2,I can say that "difficult but fair" is a meme,and the games in the franchise have quite a few unfair moments.
>>
>>337999831
not him but to be fair getting destroyed within literally 2 seconds after you traverse the fog does seem cheap.

i think this type of design works sometimes, and not others. remember the meat boy boss where he slams his head into the ground? it is pure memorization of patterns, so is that 'artificial difficulty'? my vote is yes, but it didn't make the boss un-fun. the whole fun of dark souls is struggling until you are familiar enough with the game's enemies to git gud. capra demon is another example of the game punishing unfamiliar players and rewarding them once they kill him. i'm not saying all the people in this thread or lying, but i'd be surprised if several of them weren't lying about killing him first try. i played demon souls more than 10 times before dark souls and i still got blindsided by the fuck.
>>
i generally don't understand the gripes with "artificial difficulty" in souls games

i mean i understand the argument about it being about trial and error and unfair situations and such
but isn't that just sort of a genre of gameplay?
the kind where you aren't really expected to beat something the first try but slowly make a little more progress each time as you understand the layout and enemies and memorize their behavior?

i mean aren't the original megaman games in basically the same format? or something like "i wanna be the guy" for an extreme example

tho i could be wrong
>>
>>338000000
>>
I consider it not designed well
nothing enjoyable about that fight
I get what they were going for but it's just not designed very well

just like demon ruins
>>
>>337996626
thats the point of the boss fight though. is there really anything wrong with that?
>>
>>337999831
I didnt say it was a bad thing you raging mlg gaymer bro.

Im sorry if i offended you or hurt your feels. I just wanted to talk about dark souls.
>>
He'd have been "unfair" if little ol' blind playthrough me hadn't grinded out an upgraded balder shield to +5 before even meeting him. Just blocked his opening volley and went to town.
>>
I think he'd be a little more fair without the dogs first thing I did when entering the room and seeing him was dodge out the way still got hit but then I was greeted by the dog enemies. Man did it feel good being to 2shot those demons in the ruins though.
>>
>>337999931
Nigger you entered that fucking fog knowing full well what happens when you do that shit. What were you expecting on the other side?
>>
>>337990390

>go top of stair case
>focus dogs
>when capra demon follows
>jump down
>rinse and repeat until dogs are dead
>ez
>>
>>338002207
Would someone know to do this on their first time?
>>
>>338000386
bed of chaos is miyazaki's biggest regret in dark souls and he deserves to feel bad for it.
>>
>>338002207
What most new players would do though is
>Oh shit
>try to roll away
>instantly hit by dogs
>rekt by capra demon
>YOU DIED
>>
>>338002497
I think the worst part is the trek back no matter what bonfire its from have to take forced damage from lava and run all the way back just to practice a roll.
>>
>>337990706
dragonslayer armor you have a central fountain you can use to line of sight projectiles. They clearly intended you to make use of it. Since you probably can't afford headphones or a functioning controller with right control stick, the fight will be 'cheap' to you.

Abyss watchers first phase was almost just a 'lore/story' kind of phase meant to simulate the idea that the watchers are all fighting each other endlessly.

Lothric always has clear animations on his casts so you have plenty of time to dodge it.

I wish DS3 never attracted so many idiots with their marketing. They are the reason why Greatwood, Yorm, Vordt, and deacons exist. Lets people who get frustrated easily feel 'epic'.
>>
>>337990390
yo, you can always use alluring skulls for the dogs
>>
File: caprademon.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
caprademon.gif
2 MB, 384x216
>>
Any tips on how to avoid smoughs but slam? That thunder bullshit goes everywhere he is easy otherwise but I can't avoid that bullshit
>>
>>338002754
The worst part is having 3 almost as bad boss fights to get to it.
>>
It'd be unfair if the dogs were really hard to kill or if they didn't include the staircase.

But with the staircase you can easily seperate the dogs from capra and once you do that the fight's easy. Hell, you can even just drop down and do plunging attacks.
>>
>>338003454
Accurate representation of a player's first time through. Sure you might notice the staircase first but you're immediately overwhelmed with trying to get rid of the dogs first or trying to not die to Capra.
>>
>>338004287
An accurate representation would be FUCKING DODGING YOU DUMB FUCK
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.