[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post the first game you bought with your own money back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: bk cover.jpg (87 KB, 600x418) Image search: [Google]
bk cover.jpg
87 KB, 600x418
ITT: Post the first game you bought with your own money back in the day
>>
File: ff7.jpg (64 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
ff7.jpg
64 KB, 650x650
>>
File: TPZZbqdh.jpg (41 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
TPZZbqdh.jpg
41 KB, 1024x576
The original Paper Mario.
£60 in Game. I was 10. I had saved up for months in preparation, I had read ONM every month. It was my first hype.

It was worth evert penny. TTYD was probably better but nothing will ever beat the feeling I had playing that game.
>>
>>337968301
Good taste OP. I had the Xbox version recently. It's a decent port but seeing the Microsoft logo instead of the Nintendo one just feels wrong
>>
>>337969934
Funny enough it's one of the only games on the 360 that can run at 60 FPS and 1080p

BK and Tooie's ports were great but I wish they did something cooler with Stop N Swap besides some stupid avatar pics
>>
some old heads in here.
>>
File: (19).png (209 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
(19).png
209 KB, 640x480
>>337968301
Mine too.
>>
>>337970104
I never played Tooie as a kid but when I was older I was always fascinated with that whole Stop N Swop thing. It seemed like it would be really important. More games should try stuff like that as sequel hooks because it fucking worked from what I could tell.
>>
>>337970593
>it fucking worked
No, that was the entire point of Stop n Swap. For various reasons (hardware limitations, H&S issues) they didn't get it to work
>>
>>337970104
The original intention for Stop and Swop was just the little bonus things you can get in Tooie, the Breegull Bash, homing eggs cheat, and Jinjo in multiplayer, and Dragon Kazooie from the Ice Key. I think the other three eggs were there to stop you from bringing anything over to Tooie if you hacked them in.
>>
>>337970980
No I mean as a gimmick to get you interested in a sequel.

With today's trade ins killing the industry wouldn't it make sense to try and make people hold onto their games and reward them with cool stuff if they do?
>>
File: 51Z4PCKW27L.jpg (57 KB, 469x475) Image search: [Google]
51Z4PCKW27L.jpg
57 KB, 469x475
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.