[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the Souls game came out in sixth gen instead, would there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg (104 KB, 256x295) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg
104 KB, 256x295
If the Souls game came out in sixth gen instead, would there be a huge meme of how hard they are then too?
>>
Probably not initially, but if we're talking about the same amount of games to be released, then it would've happened eventually anyway, just not in the same scale since you didn't have that many casuals running around saying that shit.
>>
>>337958452
No and it would have never kicked off because it would not have been such of a shock, unless DeS compared with its same gen cinematic tripe.

Also, the game relies heavily online which was not as widely used that gen.
>>
>>337961098
*unlike not unless

Also forgot to mention DeS is no harder than KF4, a PS2 game, that nobody cared about.
>>
>difficulty was the only thing that made this game good
I love this meme
>>
Most PS2-era games weren't ultra casualized.

They definitely did have more quality of life changes like checkpoints and lots of save points but they weren't on the level of Uncharted and shit levels of checkpoints and cinematic experiences.

So it felt "fresh" when it was 2 years of the same hyper casualized style of game where anyone could beat it even if they just played it like they were going through a meatgrinder and checkpoint hopped.

Don't get me wrong, Demon's Souls isn't hard. It is well designed though, and it had to be. You had to beat the level and the boss in a single life, so they couldn't do Uncharted style bullshit where they threw 90 enemies at you and just have checkpoints after every 8 or so.
>>
WHEN ARE THE SERVERS COMING BACK?
>>
It would have been just like God Hand and probably reviewed just as poorly but with just as much of a cult following.
>>
>>337962514
fucking this. i want to play it again now it's gone
>>
>>337962514
The fuck. Did they kill it recently? I played it online like a month ago just fine.
>>
>>337962514
When the HD Remaster comes out
>>
>>337963076
miyazaki guy said he "isn't keen" on a remake. he said "remake" and not "remaster"
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.