[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halfway through. When does this game start getting good? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53 KB, 256x330
Halfway through.

When does this game start getting good? I'm getting so fucking bored with it.
>>
The second half is way better.
>>
File: 1461335718854.png (163 KB, 389x364) Image search: [Google]
1461335718854.png
163 KB, 389x364
>>337940260
A game gets good as soon as you start enjoying it
and it clearly doesn't sound like this game is for you, so i recommended you to stop playing.
>>
>>337940491
Sure it is.
>>
The first half is the best.
>>
>>337940531
But isn't this supposed to be one of the best games ever, or something? If that's the case, why is it so bad?
>>
>>337940682
That's a shame.
>>
>>337940743
It's called an opinion. Clearly you have a negative one. Go play something you enjoy. It's a decent game but by no means is it the best
>>
I would only recommend playing more if you're having a lot of difficulty making forward progress. If you're not finding the game too difficult and still not enjoying it, it just isn't the game for you. Some later parts are pretty cool, but I doubt they'll change your mind I'd you flat put don't like it now.
>>
>>337940882
That doesn't answer my question. And no, it's not a decent game.
>>
>>337940743
Are todays kids really so self-centered that they automatically believe that their taste and opinions are the right and correct ones?
>>
File: 1461335825017.jpg (48 KB, 408x321) Image search: [Google]
1461335825017.jpg
48 KB, 408x321
>>337940743
>one of the best games ever
It's very subjective.
For myself i enjoyed it very much, because instead of rushing through it and asking myself "where is the good stuff?" i instead slowly journeyed through the detailed world and immersed myself in the experience.

As soon as you can lay of the aditude of "wheres the fun?" and instead just calm down, you will have a better time in general

sorry if my english was kinda bad
>>
>>337941104
No, I'm just confused as to why this game is so beloved, especially here on /v/. If you can't defend your precious game, just admit that you're too biased or inarticulate or something. Don't attack my character.
>>
>implyed first playthrough
>knows hes halfway through

guide reading fag detected

probably contributes to why you are bored
>>
>>337941403
I never use guides.
>>
File: Faraam_Set_Comparsion.jpg (255 KB, 1093x986) Image search: [Google]
Faraam_Set_Comparsion.jpg
255 KB, 1093x986
>>337941286
>If you can't defend your precious game,
thats impossible to do with any game at all

Games is a different experience for everyone. If you don't like the game then its simply not for your, and there is no reason to argue against an opnion.
>>
>>337941249
I did the same thing as you. I didn't rush through, and I immersed myself. But immersion does not automatically equate to enjoyment.

The game likes to waste your time, and I don't appreciate that.
>>
>>337940743
Sounds like you have inflated expectations, makes me glad I played it 5 years ago.
>>
>>337941583
>there is no reason to argue against an opnion.

lmao

Yeah, why discuss anything? Why would anyone try to develop an understanding of things from different perspectives? How crazy.
>>
>>337941660
Here's a life tip from someone older than you, playing video games is a waste of time whether you're making progression or not.
>>
>>337941968
I guarantee I'm older than you.

The point is that some wastes of time are more wasteful than others. And Dark Souls is an extraordinarily wasteful game.
>>
>>337941286
>If you can't defend your precious game
Oh, I certainly can. I like it because of the level design, the various weapons and armors, spells and such. The atmosphere, some of the boss fights, memorable npcs. Satisfying exploration. The way how it's you adventure through the world and fights, not really winning because you can mash buttons faster, have great reflexes or can do combos. But because you keep being calm, make rational decisions under stress and use your means well. Also, the world feels very alive, despite being run over by undead. Difficult to explain. It makes sense, everything is connected.

Though this is all opinions and taste and now you are free to tell me why I'm wrong.
>>
>>337940260
>halfway through
>on a game you've never played

There's more than the two bells, you bait shitting faggot.
>>
>>337941793
Sorry i forgot to finish the sentence
>there is no reason to argue against an opinion that can just be countered with "i disagree"
Sure you could try to make the person you're arguing with understand better, but it just sounds like this is not a game for OP and there is no reason to continue arguing because every argument will be met by "i can't enjoy the game"
>>
>>337940260
Never you dumbass, when people said git gud they meant to get a good game, dark souls is honestly a snorefest
>>
>>337941793
Its the way you say things, to have a sophisticated debate, all you need to do is say things subjectively.

For example: "I THINK, Dark Souls is bad", as oppose to: "Dark Souls is bad" defines the difference between a self centered, arrogant, piece of shit, and a good person you'd want a discussion with.

Lesson over, kid.
>>
>>337942182
You see, I have these trendy new things called "friends." These friends play Dark Souls, too. Sometimes, I ask them questions, like "How far into the game am I at this point?" And that's how I know I'm halfway through.
>>
>>337940743
>>337940260

>look mommy im baiting :)
>>
>>337942361
Yup.

also, why care if someone doesn't like something and you do? you arent that game, nor that company, you don't need to justify your opinion to anybody

all in all, OP is quite depressed and only feels purpose in rustling people on the internet
>>
>>337942124
You can't guarantee fuck all on an anonymous image board retard.
>>
>>337942170
> I like it because of the level design, the various weapons and armors, spells and such.
Plenty of games have this, and they do it much better than Dark Souls. What makes Dark Souls special in this regard?

>The atmosphere, some of the boss fights, memorable npcs.
Again, nothing new.

>Satisfying exploration.
No.

>The way how it's you adventure through the world and fights, not really winning because you can mash buttons faster, have great reflexes or can do combos.
>great reflexes
LMAO

>But because you keep being calm, make rational decisions under stress and use your means well.
That makes a good game?

>Also, the world feels very alive
No it doesn't.
>>
>>337940260
How do you know you are halfway?
>>
>>337942361
Mad.
>>
>>337941002
it's bad because that's your opinion? if that hasnt answered your question then there is no hope
>>
>>337942361
Dark Souls IS, in objective terms, bad. It's an unpolished product that performs poorly on its native platforms, inadequately on PC, requires a third party fix to provide basic options that have been present in games since the 90s, its AI cannot handle basic pathfinding, and its sound engine is bugged. These are not opinions. These are facts.
>b-b-but muh story!
>b-b-but muh fun!
>b-b-but muh combat!
Now these ARE opinions. And they have nothing to do with objectivity.
>>
>>337941286
You just happen to not have the same preferences as some other people, if you give some reasons to why you dislike the game you may find that those are the reasons other people like it.
>>
File: 1462913881972.jpg (33 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
1462913881972.jpg
33 KB, 500x336
>>337941002
Youre clearly retarded. You played a game halfway and are asking when it gets good.
>>337940882
Gave you a legit answer. If we say it gets better after anor londo and youve yet to have fun with it, its clearly not the game for you.

Whi the fuck plays a game that they dont find fun halfway through and ask if it gets better. If it hasnt been fun for you so far, what makes you think itll get better?
>>
>>337942731

See:
>>337942383
>>
>>337942694
this post is literally the equivalent of aids
>>
>>337942848
>objective

Meme spouting imbecile detected. Opinions discarded.
>>
>>337942820
Of course that doesn't answer my question. Explain to me why this game is so good.
>>
>>337942848
And people still love it, that does say something
>>
>>337942905
The fact that people think it's the best game ever. Hence my confusion, and this thread.
>>
>>337942694
>no
>>
>>337943081
Nothing wrong with liking a bad product. Anything can be enjoyed. A bad game, junk food, low brow comedy, anything. I myself enjoyed Dark Souls 1 a lot, but I would never say it's a good game. And that's the difference between me and Fromdrones.
>>
>>337942848
they may be facts, but that's your opinion for you to let them determine it a bad game

I see it as a great game, I've only played about half of it though. It now has made a franchise that shits money and has a fanbase that love it dearly. That's my opinion.
>>
>>337942694
Seems bait, but I guess I have to.

>What makes Dark Souls special in this regard?
Nothing, it also doesn't make it a bad game.

>Again, nothing new.
And nothing bad. I think DeS did some of those things better.

>LMAO
You seem to have misread this one.

>That makes a good game?
Well, yes.

>No it doesn't.
I worded that a bit wrong but I'm getting to tired of this to explain it well.

Is this an enjoyable discussion? Is anyone having fun with this, learning new things?
>>
>>337943081
Yeah, it says that people are retards with shit taste.
>>
File: 50323135_p0.jpg (88 KB, 309x430) Image search: [Google]
50323135_p0.jpg
88 KB, 309x430
>>337943284
>that's your opinion for you to let them determine it a bad game
My opinion creates the industry standards now?
>>
>>337943258
If the game being fun less important that the game working?
>>
>>337942694
what makes dark souls special is the dark tone and atmosphere combined with challenge, as the character is evolved, so it the player, the lore is rich and it let's you figure out stuff on your own instead of spoonfeeding all of it to you. the game let's you develop your character freely and almost without limits.

I honestly don't get how you could miss any of this stuff. if you don't like the game then it's not your game. if some other game does same things as DaS, it doesn't make DaS bad.

it's not the things mentioned alone themselves, it's all the things combined which makes it good.

tl:dr: you're obviously too fucking stupid to figure out why people like this game even if you don't.
>>
>>337943051
I don't play it, nor care what you think of it. I only care about how you think your opinion is golden shit and is fact.
>>
>>337940260
>When does this game start getting good?
Never. All the enemies are basically the same.
>look up enemy on wiki to see what type of resistance to wear
>circle around them to avoid 50% of their attacks
>keep shield up when you're not regenerating stamina
>if they use a circular AoE attack, roll backwards then running attack
>if not, wait for strong attack then stab their dick
There. I just beat Dark Souls.
>>
File: 1208623078145.jpg (13 KB, 351x270) Image search: [Google]
1208623078145.jpg
13 KB, 351x270
>>337943403
Read what you just wrote.
>>
>>337942383
You sound like a faggot. You weren't enjoying it to begin with, from the sound of it. "How far am I? When does this end? My fingers hurt. I want to play LoL. Why can't I pause the game." It's not for you, m8. Just put it down and move on.
>>
>>337943324
So whats a great game
>>
>>337940260
>Halfway through
I suggest you stop playing, its all downhill from here
>>
>>337943185
So done with this thread. Ive seen full blown retard before but this is way too much for me to handle.

Its fucking opinion. Yours is its not fun and if you havent had fun being in the point you are in game, its not gonna get better. Its not the game for you. Drop it and playbsomething else.

Btw, everything after the lordvessel is shit.
>>
>>337943295
>Nothing, it also doesn't make it a bad game.
But I'm asking why it's a GOOD game. I wasn't given any good reasons.

>Well, yes.
How? Trick question--it doesn't.

Dark Souls is a bad game, and you can't defend it.
>>
>>337943451
You're so full of shit. Circlestrafing allows you to dodge nearly every attack, way more than 50%.
>>
>>337943378
if these were industry standards then it wouldn't have spawned 2 sequels and another spin off.

You care more about technical shit than fun, which determines your opinion.
>>
>>337943451
le epic over simplified meme bro
>>
>halfway through
>halfway through undead burg

Git gud kiddo
>>
>>337943497
If I have a broken fun or a perfectly working boring game il play the broken fun one every day of the week
>>
>>337942694
> "Why is this game good, its shit!"
> "That's your opinion, play something you like."
> "NO, I WANT YOU TO DEFEND THIS GAME!"
> "Okay, x and y is why I personally like this game."
> "YOU'RE WRONG!!! YOU'LL ALWAYS BE WRONG BECAUSE I HATE THIS GAME!!!"

Sounds like someone needs to learn what an opinion is and formulate their own. Also git gud fuckin skrub.
>>
>>337943567
>and you can't defend it
By definition I just did.
>>
>>337940260
>You're right at the part it gets good op
>trust me and keep spending your time on the game
>then play all the sequels

:)
>>
File: ominous possibility.jpg (84 KB, 828x404) Image search: [Google]
ominous possibility.jpg
84 KB, 828x404
>>337943620
>sub-standard products still sell
Well aren't you on the ball today, Captain Obvious?

Read the convo again. I said I enjoyed DaS1. You're being hostile towards me, making baseless assumptions, simply for I named a few technical issues in your precious game. Rethink your life.
>>
If you weren't having fun before Biggie Smalls then just drop it. You've already seen the best the game has to offer.
>>
>>337943420
>what makes dark souls special is the dark tone
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>challenge
What challenge?
>the lore is rich
Who gives a fuck?
>it let's you figure out stuff on your own instead of spoonfeeding all of it to you.
That's nice and all, but I don't give a fuck about the lore. That doesn't make a good game.
>the game let's you develop your character freely and almost without limits.
Basically any game ever.
>I honestly don't get how you could miss any of this stuff.
I didn't. It just all sucked.
>if some other game does same things as DaS, it doesn't make DaS bad.
Yeah it does.
>you're obviously too fucking stupid to figure out why people like this game even if you don't.
Mad kid.
>>
>Give me the science to why what makes a game good

>wtf do you mean you can't just describe what makes a game good

There are things like immersion and satisfying combat you can't really explain and if you don't find it immersing or the combat satisfying of course you won't like it but stop b8ing for (you)s by writing shit like that
>>
>>337943507
The fact that you can't pause the game is actually one of the shittier aspects of it. Some people have shit to do.
>>
>>337943420
>the lore is rich
Wait. Do you mean the short and laconic bits of flavour text, or the retarded fanfiction people vomit up on YouTube? Cause I'm a bit confused here.
>>
>>337944107
So why would you leave the game running instead of turning it off?
>>
>>337941583
The Faraam has lost in a sense of fashion.
>>
>>337944107

>stuff to do

While playing videogames? HAHAHAHA
>>
>>337943509
Super Metroid is my favorite game.
>>
>>337943945
>mad kid
> (You)
>>
File: 1448117228065.jpg (153 KB, 909x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448117228065.jpg
153 KB, 909x1000
what is the point of this thread? Who has the most annoying opinion?
>>
>>337942124
Video games are about wasting time you dingus. If you want fast instant gratification play Call of Duty or even better, go outside!
If the time spent isn't worth the enjoyment you receive, it's clearly not for you. That's fine.
That's what make a game a good game for somebody, if you willing to put in the time that is required.
>>
>>337943689
Hey look, a mindless fanboy faggot.

>>337943752
Hey look, another mindless fanboy faggot.

>>337943761
And you failed. YOU DIED. Game over. Try again.

>>337943780
Kill yourself.

>>337944062
I already said I find it immersive. But that doesn't make it good.

>>337944190
I don't. The point is that I shouldn't HAVE to turn it off, you dumb faggot.

>>337944223
Yes.
>>
>>337944285
>Dark Souls isn't instant gratification
>Call of Duty is
What. No, really, explain yourself.
>>
>>337944107
>what is sitting at firelink
>what is finding a safe place to afk and use chamelon in case of invaders

Just shut the fuck up. Seriously. It's not for your type. Sorry mommy moos up the stairs for you to come down and do your chores. Play something else. That fucking simple.
>>
>>337944285
>Video games are about wasting time you dingus.
Except some games are bigger wastes of time than others, and Dark Souls is the biggest waste of time ever. It's not even satisfying.
>>
>>337944630
>what is not having the basic features video games have had since their inception?
It's being Dark Souls, apparently.
>>
>>337944592
lol
>>
>>337944592
How much more bait can this thread get
>>
>>337944630
>what is not being able to pause during a combat situation
>what are friends

Do you know how to think?
>>
>>337943847
I literally couldn't give a shit if you like the game, hell I don't own any of the games but I think they're all fantastic games that do very well sales wise.

Anyway, where are these industry standards every company follows by blood? They only care for money, and I'd rather have a good combat system (this is my opinion you are literally wasting typing if you protest it) than a non-"bugged sound system".

My problem with you, and most people on /v/, is how people think their opinions are correct, and don't give a shit for anyone elses. Eventually resorting to childhood insults like "faggot" or "rethink your life" when they get compromised or proved wrong in the slightest.

Some care about this technical stuff and want a stellar piece of software, you have every right to. Some people want to have fun and don't care much for the technical stuff. Telling people they should or shouldn't like something is wrong. You telling me a game is bad, just because of these technical facts which I honestly couldn't give a shit about, is, again, wrong.

Well, I guess this is why you're trapped in the dark corners of the internet.
>>
>>337944592
> kid who can't git gud
> people tell him to git gud
> f-f-fuckin' fanboy f-faggots!
>>
>>337944592
It's that time of the year again
>>
>>337940260
>When does this game start getting good?

when you do
>>
>>337944960
But I AM good.

It's the GAME that needs to get good.

The fact that I'm so good at such a bad game depresses me.
>>
>>337944783
What's the fucking point of fighting a tough boss, or being hunted by an invader (this is the real reason) if you can just pause the fucking game because you can't deal with the tension. It's fucking retarded. Can you pause the game in LoL, CoD or whatever else gets your rocks off?
>>
>>337943945

>stob bullying me :'(

Confirmed for being stuck with Taurus Demon.
>>
>>337945090
I already am. I've only been playing for a week.

So, I ask again, when does Dark Souls start becoming an enjoyable game?
>>
>>337944908
"Game performs poorly on its native platform" is not a fucking opinion, you self-absorbed hiney hobbit. This is a FACT. It can't keep the framerate consistent with your display's refresh rate (whether it be full or halved, as per vertical sync requirements), and that's not how any game engine is supposed to work. It's an objective, indisputable flaw. And for the love of fuck, please don't tell me AI blithely jumping off its cliff is part of the lore or something. There isn't an idiot alive on this Earth that would think this is an intended feature. I refuse to believe it.
>>
>>337945095

Sure you are ;)
>>
>>337945095
> "I'm a good player, but the game is bad! Why doesn't it cater to my every whim of being such a amazingly good player because I'm so good and this game is so bad! Did I mention I'm good and the game isn't!"
>>
File: Triple-H-2[1].jpg (54 KB, 624x388) Image search: [Google]
Triple-H-2[1].jpg
54 KB, 624x388
>>337940260
If you're not having fun don't play the game.
>>
>>337945121
>because you can't deal with the tension
What tension?
>>
>>337945121
It's called playing offline, fuckhead. If you're playing offline, you should be able to pause. Period.

It has nothing to do with being unable to deal with "tension" (even though Dark Souls has no tension whatsoever). People have shit to do with their lives. Most people can't afford to have eight hour game sessions like you fat, disgusting, oleaginous cunts.
>>
When are From Software going to git gud at making games?
>>
>>337945125
"Stop bullying me"?

How the fuck did you get that out of anything that I said? And the Taurus Demon was easy as fuck.
>>
>>337945326

Hahahahaha

Being this mad, just quit the game, you are shit at it.
>>
>>337945430

Watching youtube videos doesn't count boy.
>>
>>337945307
Explain how it's good, then.

>>337945436
I'm actually pretty good, though. I'm halfway through with only ten hours of gameplay.

You should be able to pause offline.

Dark Souls sucks.
>>
>>337945215
I have fun with it though? and again, stuff like this determines your opinion. Whereas it doesn't determine mine.

You can call me self-absorbed, at least I respect peoples opinions and don't hate everything that doesn't 100% satisfy me..
>>
>>337941286

get a load this underage faggot.

0/10
>>
>>337945541
Good thing I didn't watch any, then.
>>
>>337945631

Ten hours? Hahaha that's pathetic, what kind of retard plays for 10 hours just because he read on the internet that the game was good?

Nice job being stupid kid.
>>
>>337945631
> "If you're not enjoying, don't play it."
> "EXPLAIN HOW IT'S GOOD SO I CAN TELL YOU YOU'RE WRONG GOD DAMMIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"
>>
>>337945696
29 years old.
>>
>>337945896
then that's just fucking pathetic mate, really
>>
>>337945896
With a mental age of 29 - 20.
>>
So much racist white trash in this thread. If this game was western you wouldn't be complaining at all. Asians make better games anyway, deal with it crackers
>>
>>337945818
Ten hours is literally nothing.

>>337945856
Well? No one has done it yet.
>>
>>337945660
Jesus Christ, guy. Let me spell it out for you.

SUBJECTIVELY, my opinion is that DaS1 is a pretty good game. The combat is fun, the level design is enjoyable, and the voice acting is delightful. I had lots of fun with it, and clocked more than 100 hours into it by the time I grew bored. However, this is just my subjective opinion, and other people are going to have their own.

OBJECTIVELY, Dark Souls 1 is a poor piece of coding. The game engine struggles to maintain a steady framerate, the sound engine is bugged to the point of not working on some audio configurations and failing to play music and sfx, the AI and its pathfinding lead to unintended behaviour in NPCs, and its netcode (largely thanks to Microsoft's framework) is prone to failure as well. These are not my opinions, but rather objective facts, with which it is logically impossible to disagree, unless you happen to own a re-mastered copy of the game where these issues do not exist.

Get the difference yet?
>>
File: 1458931388409.jpg (70 KB, 901x500) Image search: [Google]
1458931388409.jpg
70 KB, 901x500
>>
>>337945970
Dark Souls is a bad game.
>>
>>337946039

Then keep doing something you don't enjoy, while we laugh at you for being pathetic.
>>
>>337946039
> trying to form opinions as fact, whether its a series of anons or yourself

My god you really do have the mental age of a child
>>
File: 1457553548005.jpg (32 KB, 550x633) Image search: [Google]
1457553548005.jpg
32 KB, 550x633
>>
File: 1457040350946.png (259 KB, 1198x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457040350946.png
259 KB, 1198x1200
>>
>>337946114
>>337946214

Hi OP.
>>
>>337946150
>Then keep doing something you don't enjoy,
Why the fuck would I do that?

>>337946338
I would never post such cancerous images.
>>
I asked the same thing.
I wasn't bothered by the fact I kept dying because I expected that. But apparently it's normal to die 5 times, beat a set of enemies, and then die 5 more times at the next set? It becomes Instant Replay Simulator by that point.

I don't get the love for the game but if someone likes it, good for them.
>>
>>337946086
Yes... I understood literally all of this...

You told the game was bad. That is an objective quote, which you supported it with the facts of engine and audio.

Alls I'm saying is some people do not care about this technical stuff (me), and will find bad in other parts of the game, due to opinions.

So, in result, and my last reply, the game isn't bad because you're not happy with the engine. And the game isn't good because of the combat and lore.

People will find good and bad in whatever determines their opinion, do not try and force an opinion on anyone.

/thread
>>
>>337946501

I don't know, you tell me, you are the retard that wasted 10 hours.
>>
>>337946141
Your life is a bad life.
>>
>>337946696
Ten hours isn't anything. Ten hours is the bare minimum amount of time you should spend on any game in order to get a solid opinion on it.

And how could I have wasted it? Apparently Dark Souls is a good game. You can't explain why, though.

Because it's a bad game.
>>
>>337940260
>>337940743
git gud
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>337946606
> "Alls I'm saying"
>>
>>337946606
I said the game was "objectively" bad. You, as a thinking (I hope) human being should be able to discern between an objective (at least to a degree) point of view and a subjective one.

Just in case, once more, for your improved understanding:
>Subjectively, in other words in my opinion, it's a good game
>Objectively, it's a poorly made product
>>
>>337946823
do itttt
>>
>>337940260
have read throught the thread, sholly shit you
>dark souls is a bad game
what the fuck is a good game for you?

>shittons of weapons all with mostly different movesets and lot of little tweaks that make every one of them unique and not just a reskinned model of another one with different damage
>fucking good fantasy concepts, designs, armors, whole artstyle
>pretty unique setting and atmosphere: game doesn't play during a typical satanic apocalipse, not in a generic post apocaliptic setting, it plays right at the very last stage of the humanity where even the very few things that doesn't already undead hollows are turning to ones
>actually challenging gameplay in a time where no other big budget game dares to make one

now please you write down what is a good arpg to you and why this game is shit compared to them
>>
This is by all accounts bait but here's the deal OP.

We don't have to prove anything to you. If we enjoy the game and think it's a good game that's enough for us. Why should we care what your opinion is? Who the fuck are you?

We can't prove it's a good game to you any more than you can prove it's a bad game to us. My guess is that you heard a lot of hype about it, got it into your head that it was bad and played it just to confirm your own presupposition.

So, congrats OP you've proven it's bad to nobody but yourself, who already thought that.

Don't you feel accomplished?
>>
>>337946719
Mad fanboy.
>>
>>337946884
hahah you're so cool, I bet you're so happy and content
>>
>>337946810

Hahahaha, then stop playing that awful game, is it that hard?

>I've been eating shit for 10 hours, but I'm so stupid I need to know why wating shit is bad

HAHAHA
>>
>>337947068
Thank you, shitting up threads already filled with cesspools of dookie is one of my favorite passing times.
>>
>>337946846
I'm already good. The game is still bad.

>what the fuck is a good game for you?
Super Metroid is GOAT.

>shittons of weapons
Yawn.

>fucking good fantasy concepts, designs, armors, whole artstyle
No.

>pretty unique setting
Not at ALL. It's SO fucking boring and generic.

>actually challenging gameplay
No it isn't.

Fuck Dark Souls. Piece of shit.
>>
>>337947028
>we
>us
>we
Speak for yourself, Fromdrone. I'm comfortable with admitting Dark Souls isn't for everybody.
>>
>>337947028
Dark Souls is a bad game.

>>337947146
>Hahahaha, then stop playing that awful game, is it that hard?

I already have. Now I'm here trying to get an explanation out of the people who lied to me.
>>
>>337947214
> "I don't need to git gud, the game needs to git gud!!!"
>>
>>337947391
Yes, that is what I said.
>>
>>337947329

You'll get none.
>>
People taking the b8
>>
>>337947474
Prove it.
>>
>>337947497
Because you're stupid and incapable.
>>
File: 1447984862525.jpg (162 KB, 858x1000) Image search: [Google]
1447984862525.jpg
162 KB, 858x1000
>>337947391
Well, I for one wouldn't mind smarter AI in the inevitable next Souls game.
>>
>>337941249
>>337940260
This is all you need to know, OP. It's good as hell, let the atmosphere sink in, let the qualities and difficulties surround and immerse you.
>>
Crackers in this thread are disgusting
>>
>>337947658
I already have.

Still a bad game.
>>
>>337947701
That's a bit racist, friend.
>>
>>337947626
This I can agree on, though I've personally only played DeS and I'm currently on my first playthrough. AI is not too smart and I highly doubt it gets better throughout the series.
>>
File: 1408253026378.jpg (37 KB, 500x469) Image search: [Google]
1408253026378.jpg
37 KB, 500x469
OP is trying really hard you guys, the least you can do is get at least a little bit mad.
>>
>>337942848
OK.

Dark Souls with DS_fix is a good game.

There. Problem solved.
>>
>>337948513
A game that needs supplements to play is a bad game.
>>
>>337941286
>Opinion thread
>Wants people to say they are biased to feel superior
Everyone is biased, and in case you didn't notice, that includes you.

Anyway, the atmosphere is what most people like, including me.
Don't like it? So what? Go play something you enjoy already.
>>
>>337948513
>DSfix
>available on only one of the three platforms the game was released on
>it doesn't even universally improve performance on PC
Nope. In b4
>playing on consoles.
DMC4 ran at 60FPS on consoles and it's both a better game and looks prettier than Dark Souls. Go suck a dick.
>>
>>337948598
It's PC that's bad not the game. These days a console is better than a PC for gaming in pretty much every way. PC is somewhat catching up though
>>
>>337948805
>Go play something you enjoy already.
I already am. Still waiting for an explanation for why Dark Souls is good.
>>
>>337948973
>Still waiting for an explanation for why Dark Souls is good.
Namco Bandai had a good marketing campaign and some folks bought into it big time. The game also used to be hyped to hell and back by consolefriends back when it was still a console exclusive, as every console exclusive is. You do your math.
>>
>>337947575

Pfft, hahahaha.

GIT GUD[\spoiler]
>>
I'd like OP to name one other open world game with collision based 3D combat and as much depth as Dark Souls.

If you don't like DaS that's fine, but the game is literally the only one of this genre that I can think of besides Zelda which is pretty boring because of how easy it is.
>>
>>337949206
Mindless fanboy.
>>
File: what the fuck am I cranking.jpg (84 KB, 379x335) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I cranking.jpg
84 KB, 379x335
>>337949246
>with collision based 3D combat
>>
File: 1459047036720.png (11 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1459047036720.png
11 KB, 420x420
>167 replies
>41 posters
>>
>>337949246
>I'd like OP to name one other open world game with collision based 3D combat and as much depth as Dark Souls.
Why does it have to be 3D? Why does that even matter?

>If you don't like DaS that's fine
It's not "fine." It's the only rational perspective to have.
>>
>>337948973
Level design is cool, you get all these loops that follow the geography and general sense of space while also creating cool combat scenarios.

Combat is also nice. It feels consistent and fair because enemies play by the same rules you do and commiting to your inputs due to the delays is satisfying when fighting enemies one-on-one. The game knows when to step that down a bit by iving you multiple weaker enemies that lack shields or have some other deficiencies every now and then.

Music's cool.

The second half of the game is pretty lame though.

Online's cool but the matchmaking is annoying.
>>
>>337948973
>Makes a question
>I answer
>Repeats the question
I'm guessing this is bad quality bait, but I'll answer you again anyway so you get to enjoy your (YOU).

First, it's all opinions, so it does not matter at all what do i tell you because it's subjective.

Second, in case you want something specific, the atmosphere (and probably the lore behind it) it's the best part of the game for me and what makes it so good, it makes the world feel alive (even though its pretty empty). Things like npcs that never stay in the same place and have their own stories where you matter little to them makes tham credible.

(I also enjoy the combat but Im not sure if its good or not)

Now if you want to you can make the same question again, but I wont answer the same thing a third time.
>>
>>337940743
>millions of flies cant be wrong
>>
>>337949542
>Level design is cool
It's nothing special.
>Combat is also nice.
It's the best part of the game, but it's only decent, and it gets old fast.
>Music's cool.
What music?
>Online's cool but the matchmaking is annoying.
Online is the absolute worst part. I exclusively play offline, because invasions are fucking cancerous as fuck. What kind of gameplay mechanic is that? I didn't ask for some worthless cuntwit to join my game. Fuck that.
>>
>>337949360

>stop bullying me baaaaaaaw

No
>>
>>337947329
Dark Souls is a good game. You're a bad troll.
>>
>>337949731
>Now if you want to you can make the same question again, but I wont answer the same thing a third time.

Your reasoning fucking sucked. The atmosphere is not that special.
>>
>>337949939
I'm not being "bullied," I don't feel "bullied," and I never said to stop "bullying" me.

You're a mindless fanboy and your head should be crushed in a vice.

>>337949940
"WAHHHH, STOP HATING THINGS THAT I LIKE!!!! :'(((("
>>
File: image.png (82 KB, 1300x892) Image search: [Google]
image.png
82 KB, 1300x892
>176 posts
>43 posters
>>
>>337949989
yep, it was bait.
>>
>>337949843
That's the point of online, it's a double edged sword that turns on easymode by having you summon a dude to help you while putting you at risk of having to fight some other dude. If either of those parts were not in the game, it would be garbage but it's pretty nice that they struck a balance like that.

I actually like Dark Souls 3's online better because it automatically activates multiplayer whenever you kill a boss so that matchmaking is less annoying for invaders.
>>
>>337950221
Or, it's a different opinion than your own. Scary thought, I know.
>>
>>337948598
>a game that needs supplements to play is a bad game.
OK. That's why I said the game is good with supplements. You can say Dark Souls is bad, I'm claiming it's good with DS_fix.

>>337948849
Made the same mistake as above. I said Dark Souls with DS_fix, you immediately formed a criticism of Dark Souls not having a fix on its other platforms.

DS_fix isn't multiplatform, but since when does a pc exclusive lose points for not being on other platforms.

>Doesn't universally improve performance
It factually does. Unless you mean that it doesn't improve performance in all categories (Not what universally means) to which I say is a stupid complaint. The improvements are enough to make the game good because they remove all of the components of the game that make it bad.
>>
>>337950251
>That's the point of online
It's the point of online to be horrible and bad?

>If either of those parts were not in the game, it would be garbage
It already is garbage, and it's even MORE garbage because online is a part of it.

Fuck invaders and fuck summons. Play on your own.
>>
File: 1440213165530.jpg (121 KB, 1171x540) Image search: [Google]
1440213165530.jpg
121 KB, 1171x540
>This whole thread
>>
>>337947541
Wow aren't you cool calling bait 2 hours into a thread that multiple people have already called bait on.
>>
I honestly can't tell whose worse here. The idiot op who's b8ing everyone so hard even though he probably actually likes Dark Souls or the retards taking the bait and writing paragraphs to defend literally nothing

holy shit
>>
>>337950337
>DS_fix isn't multiplatform
And that makes it good how?
>It factually does.
Not on all configurations. That's the downfall of PC. You can't anticipate them all, simple as that. Of course the real issue is the game being unable to maintain a marginally stable performance on its recommended specs. No amount of fixing will remedy that. You're always going to get FPS drops, no matter your setup. And that's not even touching on the few drops caused by mapping flaws, such as that one ladder in New Londo.
>>
File: 1430476002302.png (197 KB, 429x395) Image search: [Google]
1430476002302.png
197 KB, 429x395
>>337950696
>You're always going to get FPS drops, no matter your setup.
>>
>>337949537
>Why does it have to be 3D?
Are you for real? Combat, exploration, and world design all get better in 3D with games like this.
Either way you dodged that question like a pro.

>It's the only rational opinion to have.
Dude you are the only person I have ever met to be this autistic about having someone agree to disagree.
>>
>>337950790
The more you know.
>>
>>337950840
>Are you for real? Combat, exploration, and world design all get better in 3D with games like this.
No, they don't.

>Dude you are the only person I have ever met to be this autistic about having someone agree to disagree.
Dark Souls is a bad game, and you can't defend it.
>>
>>337949376
Have you ever played an MMO? It's got 3D combat, but it's not really collision based. You take and deal damage pretty much regardless of the actual position and hitboxes of the characters.

DS is an rpg with collision based combat, so the damage is dealt based on hitboxes, not just proximity or agro or anything.
>>
>>337951174
You mean hitbox-based action combat. With action game/manual/direct controls. Collision in game engine terms is something else.
>>
This is the best thread and I love you all
>>
>>337948885
>a console is better than a PC for gaming in pretty much every way

You can't be serious
>>
>>337952060

It is if you are retarded, there are way too many people out there that tries to play the game on their toasters with the default config then procceeds to go to a vietnamese futa forum to shitpost about how pc gaming is trash.
>>
>>337951361
There's really not a specific term for this kind of thing.
I used collision based because I heard the term used before in reference to games like Dark Souls, and Monster Hunter.
>>
>>337940260
Can you explain what you didn't like about it? Just performance?
>>
>>337950948
>Ask for the name of literally any game with similar mechanics as Dark Souls.
>Can't do it.

Fine. Dark souls is good because it's the best game in its genre.
>>
>>337948885
>casts out weak ass bait in a thread saturated with quality bait

(You) tried
>>
>>337952716
Isn't it just an action RPG? Plenty of those out there. I'm fond of the Gothic series myself. Although if I were to speak in terms of combat alone, Mount&Blade and perhaps Darksiders 2 would be my pick.
>>
>>337940260
only because you needed 30 hours to beat the asylum demon doesnt mean youre halfway through
>>
File: 20160517204510_1.jpg (474 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
20160517204510_1.jpg
474 KB, 1920x1200
Since this one at least has people posting, is it worth it to kill Priscilla? Don't really know about that scythe.

Actually don't really know about any weapon after I got this bad boy and finished leveling it up. Literally nothing's come close to the ass-raping it provides from a comfortable range. I'm also pretty mad about Artorias Greatsword, who thought those stats'd be a good idea?
>>
File: 1440528255717.png (220 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
1440528255717.png
220 KB, 500x372
>there are people who will play a game for longer than an hour if they don't immediately like it
>there are people who will slog through half of a game's entire full playthrough believing at that some arbitrary point the devs will relent and put in all the fun they were hiding

Don't live your life or pursue entertainment in hobbies to be contrarian, dumbass. Nobody is going to reverse their 5 year old crush on DS1 because you can deliver more cutting critiques after you finally suffered through it.

t. a guy who likes DS1, 2 and 3 despite their laundry list of legit flaws
>>
File: 1456523402928.png (240 KB, 428x456) Image search: [Google]
1456523402928.png
240 KB, 428x456
>>337953193
I once finished a 25 hour game I didn't like just to shit on it on the internet
>>
>>337952716

So Dark Souls is the best Dark Souls of the Dark Souls genre?
>>
>>337953089
Yes, for the souls
>>
>>337953472
I can just do the glitch for those.
>>
>>337953371
That's Bloodborne, idiot
>>
File: 1454433423273.png (208 KB, 410x453) Image search: [Google]
1454433423273.png
208 KB, 410x453
>>337953553
>using a guide on your first playthrough
>cheating on your first playthrough
>>
File: Bait.jpg (43 KB, 699x637) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
43 KB, 699x637
>>337940260
>>
I tried playing 1 and 2 and throught both were terrible.. i played 3 before i came out and the only good quality about it was the graphics.. boring as a bucket of political science majors.
>>
I rarely see someone try this hard to make failed bait work
>>
File: 1463267637050.jpg (139 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1463267637050.jpg
139 KB, 600x800
>Someone posts a greathelm
>instant response: PRAISE DA SUN XDD
>Someone posts some gothic architecture
>WTF is that some dark souls ? :o

I hope you all die.
>>
File: 1439500392385.jpg (16 KB, 236x334) Image search: [Google]
1439500392385.jpg
16 KB, 236x334
>>337940743
Because you're too stupid or bad to realize how good the level design and melee combat is.
>>
>>337953739
If I'm gonna grind boring enemies endlessly I might as well. At least I legit got the titanites from crabs on Seaths crystal funhouse.

So, how bout that scythe?
>>
>>337954739
All the boss weapons are shit, and grinding is basically pointless. You have the most overpowered weapon already, where did you find it?
>>
File: 20160517202123_1.jpg (448 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
20160517202123_1.jpg
448 KB, 1920x1200
>>337954946
Got it legit from the black knight at darkroot if you can believe it, it just dropped. Funny thing is it dropped again from the black knight at the tomb, guess I was lucky.
>>
>kill undead merchant the first time I see him because he spooked me and I didn't realize he was a NPC
>kill the sick spider lady after giving her 25 souls because I dropped my controller
>fall into the firelink hole before big snake can explain what I have to do after getting the lordvessel and he disappears forever
>found crestfallen warrior hollowed and white maiden dead
>hit crippled mushroom thing in the DLC area only to realize my mistake when she screams "why"
>didn't find gwyndolin or the illusory walls in the big tree at the bottom of blighttown
I messed up
>>
>>337955721
That's ok, half the fun is realizing what retarded mistakes you made the first time through.

If it makes you feel any better, I once made a Raw Halberd +5.
>>
>>337955997
I went through the catacombs without divine weapons and without killing the last necromancer because I couldn't get to him right after ringing the undead parish bell
>>
I'm about to start playing this, anything i should know before i start?
>>
>>337956349
Leave this thread, you'll enjoy it a lot more blind
>>
File: 20160517152230_1.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
20160517152230_1.jpg
286 KB, 1920x1200
>>337956257
I grinded the artoras straightword for divine damage after going through the catacombs and then accidentally realized the tomb enemies don't revive.
>>
>>337956349
Remember the locked doors you encounter, you'll probably have to go back there when you get the right key.
The areas have many connections and shortcuts and you have a lot of freedom, if you get fucked over and over again try going somewhere else you haven't explored
Observe enemy movesets before trying to kill them, especially for bosses. Just let them attack you while you roll around.
>>
>>337956565
I went through the tomb without the skull lantern
>>
>>337940743
No it isn't. Only retarded millenials like it because they think its hardcore and hard. The game is trash.
>>
>>337957279
Look at the edges on this faggot. Dark Souls has been out for years, why would you play a game that outdated like a fucking idiot? You're like one of those kids who plays a N64 game and says "wow I heard this game was good! The graphics are terrible!"

Grow the fuck up kid, you can have your own opinion but realize your opinion is invalid when you don't even say what games you think are "superior" because you are afraid of being criticized yourself.
>>
Play demons souls if you want a non garbage non boring version of souls
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
This thread is fucking golden. When Souls fanboys attack other games its open meme season, but when Dark Souls gets pointed out for being massively overhyped, suddenly "If it's not for you, it's not for you." Yall niggas are ridiculous.
>>
>>337957924
Demon souls was the biggest pile of shit nostalgia fag.
>>
>>337957924
This. I like the Estus Flask and all, but DaS is too rushed in some places.
>>
>>337958005
>implying another expressed their opinion of what a good game is in fear of criticism

We don't care if you dislike the game, but insulting it without even a real basis or example in a thread MEANT to ask our opinions is stupid.
>>
>>337958035
>ps3
>nostalgia

Holy fuck how underage are you. Expected from a dark souls fanboy
>>
You all can't seriously think that anything between the Undead Parish and Sen's Fortress is "fun". Dark Souls is the biggest Blue Balls game in existence: it teases you with amazing sections and promptly lets you down with repetition and "lol blighttown lol"

Sen's Fortress, Anor Londo and a few very niche areas were the only areas enjoyable to be in.
>>
>>337958251
There have been plenty of examples provided that you all use the "if its not for you" argument in response to. But if anyone tries to defend Dark Souls 2 for instance, there's never any legit reason given other than "you're objectively wrong".

Dark Souls 1 isn't terrible but it gets terribly old and repetitive once you place the Lordvessel. It reminds me of Skyrim once you finish all the cool guild quests and you're left with shit.
>>
>>337952938
I played both and none of those have the same combat at all... Seriously? Have you even played the games you just listed?
>>
>>337950142
>Wahhh stop liking things that i don't like
>>
>>337947729
I bet if I got on your playstation I'll find over 400 hours played on Star Wars Battlefront... Gtfo bait
>>
Why can't I see any summon signs on PC
>>
>>337958469
nos·tal·gia
näˈstaljə,nəˈstaljə/
noun
a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.

Yeah, considering the PS4 is out and Demon Souls came out in early 2009 you basement-dwelling NEET

Maybe if you saw sunlight you'd realize what date it is, now get over your shit-tier game with no interesting concepts and a flawed storyline.
>>
Such a long thread for a bait one
>>
>>337958830
I didn't see any actual arguements for it, can you tell me what they said so I can answer them?
>>
>>337958472
I enjoyed most the areas, only one I didn't like was sens fortress
>>
op's bait is so good that the thread's almost satire
>>
>Dark souls wastes time

Sounds like you're dying a lot. Look up a guide or hook up cheat engine or some shit. You're not cut out for this game.
>>
>>337958472
>game is repetitive because when I beat it, it didnt magically change
>not realizing every game in a sense is repetitive
>undertale is the best!
>>
>>337940260
>Halfway through
How would you know that without having outside information? You better be playing it blind, you nigger. It doesn't get good though, Souls games are slow, dull, shit
>>
>>337954734
I love the first Dark Souls, level design and all, but let's not pretend the combat isn't shit.

>Hold up your shield for days and wait for your chance to counterattack
>Hold up your shield and strafe for your chance to backstab

Or if you're the type who's gonna sputter on about how shields are easy mode:
>Use light build and roll spam for your chance to backstab
>Use parrying dagger for your chance to critical

Wow so dynamic.
>>
It doesn't. In fact, the second half is unfinished, half-assed garbage.

Should have started with Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 3, or Bloodborne which are all much better.
>>
>>337961041
>tfw you are comparing a combat system from 2009 to combats systems from today
>>
>>337961041
Or circle around an enemy to backstab. Souls combat is like a bad action game, in all honesty.
>>
>>337940743
Same reason why Uncharted 4 was boring for me
>>
>>337960753
>>337960889
>>337961548
Ok the game got fun once i got to anor londor sorry for the thread guys
>>
>>337961041
>depending so much on lock on
>what is kicking
>what is jump R2

LITERALLY git gud.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.