[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grand Kingdom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
Saw this is coming out for PS4 soon. I'm having a hard time telling exactly what kind of game it is based on the footage.

How is this game? Is it something worth picking up? What sort of games would you say it most closely resembles?
>>
>>337937691
It's a turn-based RPG, and the sequel to Grand Knights History, so check that out if you want to know how it'll play.
>>
File: Btg0kLdCAAADMan.jpg (60 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Btg0kLdCAAADMan.jpg
60 KB, 600x900
>>337938236
Was that game any good? I remember being disappointed way back when that it never got localized.
>>
Wasn't the first one made by Vanillaware? That doesn't seem to be the case for this one
>>
I played the beta and though it was pretty sparse in what you could do, I enjoyed it a lot. The gameplay is unique and depends a lot on planning and timing in order to not fuck up royally. The online was unique, and though I can see how it would get repetitive, I had a blast with it. Story and character wise it seems pretty anime-generic, nothing to write home about.

I'm going to be getting it day 1 but it's definitely not the game any RPG fan could enjoy.
>>
>>337938905
Wasn't the beta some sort of online multiplayer? Is that the heart of the game or is it a single player game with tacked on multiplayer?
>>
>>337937691
you missed out on the beta. And it was shit. I started the beta a day late... by the time I got online for War mode... everyone was higher level than me.

First battle in war mode:
> me lvl 4, enemy level 10
Got the shit kicked outta me. Maybe that was bad luck, i'll try again

> me lvl 4, enemy level 11
wiped again

> me lvl 4, enemy level 12
uninstall.exe

If you start the game late, you're fucked. Everyone else would have powerleveled their characters to be 2-3 times your level and will tear you a new asshole. NISA isn't going to balance it.

I hear when people tried the japanese version WAR mode, it was filled with only level 99s and there was no point in playing WAR mode until you max your character....

This shit made me not want to buy it. My recommendations is to save your money and get Odin Sphere instead.
>>
>>337939513
I intend to get Odin Sphere. Is the multiplayer in Grand Kingdom something I should even care about? I only want it for the single player
>>
>>337937691

This game is a spiritual sequel to that Saturn cult classic Dragon Force
>>
>>337939735
> Is the multiplayer in Grand Kingdom something I should even care about?

I honestly, don't know.
>>
>>337939024
Hmmm... both, maybe? They're pretty intertwined, but the single player part of the beta was VERY short, so how much it stays like that I couldn't tell you.

The online basically boils down to you choosing one of four Kingdoms to contract with, and you go out and fight wars for them. You can choose how many wars you fight per contract, and once it's up you can change your Kingdom or re-sign. The online isn't -actual- online, so it doesn't require PS+ (or so I've heard). You don't battle actual players in real time, just their troops they've dispatched for the current war. Can be piss easy or pretty challenging depending on how they've been set up. Wars last for 24 hours or so with maybe a 30min-1hr rest period, not sure. There's quite a few different facets to it so it'd be easier to look up videos of it rather than me try and explain everything.

But anyway, I'd say single player and multiplayer are intertwined because, while you can always buy stuff from the Guild shop, depending on which nation you are allied with, and how many territories they're able to take during wars, you can buy crafting items from the nation shops etc. The nation-only shops are, obviously, for people only of that nation. The trading posts can be used by anyone, but if you'll get a big discount from the ones you're allied with. The stock is dependent on the regions the nation currently controls, i.e. Magion has control of Pio, gets certain items, loses it in the next war, items are no longer available after the end of the war.
>>
>>337939975
no it isn't.
>>
>>337939735
Multiplayer can be totally ignored from what I understand. But I also hear the main campaign is pretty short, and the "endgame" is maxing out your units for multiplayer and the like.
>>
>>337940296
Bummer. Maybe I should avoid this one. The Amazon 20% off new games always makes me want to get these games when they come out
>>
>>337941205
It's not for everyone. I loved the shit out of the beta, but even then if I wasn't getting a deep-dish discount I doubt I'd get it right away. Too many great games coming out this year!
>>
>>337937691
It's literally a mobile game.
>>
>>337944116
how so?
>>
>>337945237
It has the aesthetic of a lot of fancy JP mobile games, and since it's also a Vita game, there might be touchscreen controls (I've never played it on Vita, so I dunno). Also I heard a rumor that there were "Pay2Win" PSN items you could get, though obviously you could still get the same shit in-game. Not sure if that will be in the NA version.
>>
File: smashing.jpg (197 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
smashing.jpg
197 KB, 1280x720
>>337945237
I played the last game on my phone and this is its sequel.
>>
>>337946852
Cool I played FFIX on my phone, I guess FFXV is a mobile game too.
>>
>>337944116
>>337946513
>I'm a fucking retard who can't google for shit
>and since it's also a Vita game, there might be touchscreen controls (I've never played it on Vita, so I dunno).
Wrong, dipshit.
>Also I heard a rumor that there were "Pay2Win" PSN items you could get, though obviously you could still get the same shit in-game. Not sure if that will be in the NA version.
Yes, and for free.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeTwC9iRXVs
"Of the 17 character classes, people had to pay for five of them. There were also 36 additional campaign chapters to download. When the game comes to North America and Europe, all of this will be immediately available."
FOR FREE.
"Those of you who’ve been following Grand Kingdom closely will recognize these classes as paid DLC from the game’s Japanese release — welp, we’re giving them to you for free and including them in the regular game! That’s right, you’ll have access to all 17 classes listed on our game website as soon as you install the game or slip in your brand-new disc on June 21."
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/17/new-grand-kingdom-classes-and-campaigns-detailed/
Get your head out of your ass and your fingers off of your keyboard and into a meat grinder.
>>
>>337947095
Yeah rpgs are really mobile friendly.

I can't imagine playing a platformer or racing game comfortably on a phone.
>>
Also
>sequel to GKH
No, jackasses.
Vanillaware has nothing to do with this, only a guy who worked on GKH who went off to do his own thing.
GK is also different in that it isn't static in its gameplay, you have to actually move your characters around mid-battle, which you didn't do in GKH (as units in that would just jump about to hit the target by themselves), and placement will make or break your battles.
Jesus christ, all this fucking spoonfeeding has ruined /v/. Since not one of you shitstains can type shit into a search engine, and expect everyone else to wipe your asses for you.
>>
File: pizza boy.jpg (81 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
pizza boy.jpg
81 KB, 400x240
>>337947327
>I can't imagine playing a platformer or racing game comfortably on a phone.
Without a controller, it's shit.
Pic related. Enjoyable until Ice World, then the touch controls show how shit they really are.
>>
>>337947198
Christ you sound buttblasted as all fuck. Sorry you're having a shit day, dude.

When I said Pay2Win items, I didn't mean the DLC classes and extra chapters, that shit is old news. I meant the class-up items that reset your character to level 1. Don't even know if it's true or not. And even if it is true, who knows if NISA will make it available!
>>
>>337948049
>I meant the class-up items that reset your character to level 1
They're including 4 of those as pre-order bonus.
>>
>>337948389
Shit, really? I was looking for info on this for a while, but all I could find was the physical stuff included with the launch edition.
>>
>>337949069
Seems to be PSN-onry.
>>
File: 1463317868520.jpg (72 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
1463317868520.jpg
72 KB, 720x690
>NISA
>>
>>337940296
>But I also hear the main campaign is pretty short
The western version is including the DLC chapters on disc, which massively boost the story's length.

>>337947607
>Only a guy
It's the director and original creator of GKH. Vanillaware only provided the staff and means to create GKH, but it wasn't really a Vanillaware title -- it's not like a different company is trying to create a spiritual successor to OS or GG.
>>
>>337949234
Huh, that's lame. Thanks for the heads up, but I'll stick with my 20% off on Amazon. I rarely order games online, I hope I get mine early. I'm weirdly excited for this game. Anyone here who's getting it know what nation they're going to contract with yet?
>>
Guess I'll pick it up then. The free DLC is a nice touch
>>
File: can't stump.jpg (619 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
can't stump.jpg
619 KB, 1920x1080
I been enjoying the beta when it was up, just pre-ordered it on PSN since it seem they forgot to "adjust" the price for canada -- happened a few times and they "fix" it later.

And if on the fence, just emulate Grand Knights History + translation on PSP -- it's like that
>>
File: Grand Kingdom_20160510005830.jpg (528 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Grand Kingdom_20160510005830.jpg
528 KB, 1920x1080
>>337939513
hitting level99 is extremely easy though -- will be even more so in full game, heck I hit lv99 in the beta with only the 3 daily war modes

I've killed teams above my level often too, when I started out I had to fight a lot of level 10 with my lv3-5
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.