[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are games that feature Ghibli like vistas? Working on an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: GHIBLI.jpg (3 MB, 5760x1080) Image search: [Google]
GHIBLI.jpg
3 MB, 5760x1080
What are games that feature Ghibli like vistas? Working on an image list here, it's a bit big and long, I'll probably change that.

My requirements are basically

>Has to feature brightly colored blue sky green grass and somewhat cartoony
>Features open areas mainly (fields, oceans etc.)
>Needs to be an adventure game or RPG of some sort. At least one where you play as a character and move around a world.

Bonus points for

>Oceans, beaches, islands
>Wind ambiance and god tier OST
>Nails the "feel" of adventure and travel
>>
File: dragon quest 1 thru 5 toriyama.png (1 MB, 905x975) Image search: [Google]
dragon quest 1 thru 5 toriyama.png
1 MB, 905x975
>>337936429
Literally any dragon quest game.
>>
>>337936429
what the fuck are you talking about

and just to be clear, I get what youre saying, but those games have nothing to do with Studio Ghibli's style.
>>
>>337936593
I think he means visual style.

Also
>ni no kuni
>nothing to do with ghibli style
>>
>>337936593
except for ni no kuni obviously
>>
>>337936667
See >>337936689

Toriyama's art style has nothing to do with Miyazaki
>>
Mega Man Legends is fuckin great.
>>
File: dragon quest vi.jpg (276 KB, 997x1465) Image search: [Google]
dragon quest vi.jpg
276 KB, 997x1465
>>337936773
Yeah but nearly all the DQ games hit the points listed

>Bright colored skies and green grass + cartoony style: Check
>Open areas including fields and oceans: Check
>Adventure/RPG game: Check

Gets bonus points too
>Oceans, sometimes beaches and islands: Check
>No wind ambeience I think but God tier OST: check
>Nails the feel of adventure and travel: Mega check.
>>
>>337937012
Ok, but how is that a Ghibli style? Maybe a game like Ni no kuni (but I haven't played it so I don't know).

What similarities are there between my neighbour totoro and wind waker?
>>
>>
File: tumblr_n6v5e69nsA1to55gmo3_1280.jpg (237 KB, 1024x566) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6v5e69nsA1to55gmo3_1280.jpg
237 KB, 1024x566
>>337936593
>Ghibli like vistas

Idk how else to explain it. There's always that scene in a ghibli movie that goes over a brightly colored landscape that makes its world feel big. Games like Wind Waker were heavily inspired by that idea.

Not talking about story themes, or character art style or any of that shit. Just the idea of being able to explore a wide ghibli landscape in glorious colors.
>>
>>337937318
ok fair enough
>>
>>337937246
He's not looking for direct Ghibli games dude, he's looking for things that hit those points.

Ni No Kuni is actually a game visually done by Studio Ghibli, and that's the only one.
>>
>>337937318
I get you, that's a really specific feel though.

Games only recently it feels like caught up to the graphical standard you'd need for it and even then most companies that can hit that level just shovel out dark/"mature" games because that's what everyone thinks is "cool".

Basically, you're gonna have a hard time.
>>
File: pop.png (832 KB, 1280x712) Image search: [Google]
pop.png
832 KB, 1280x712
>>337937306

Not sure about this one, the colors feel a bit muddled compared to what I'm looking for. I guess I'll try it out sometime to see if the feeling of it hits home. I mean I sure wish the game looked more like that cover you posted.
>>
>>337938497
try the 3ds sequel
>>
>>337936429
Magic Pengel and Graffiti Kingdom
>>
File: world5.jpg (116 KB, 511x800) Image search: [Google]
world5.jpg
116 KB, 511x800
>>337938450

Idk, Megaman Legends hit the nail right on the head by just having good art direction and that was a PS1 game. It relied on not using any actual lighting and just the base texture colors chosen by an artist.

But I agree these things are hard to find, just wondering if there's a game or two I missed.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.