[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the best horror game ever made?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Pathologic.jpg (287 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Pathologic.jpg
287 KB, 1280x1024
Whats the best horror game ever made?
>>
>>337935121
Clock tower?
>>
Date Ariane
>>
>>337935121
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZRBWofZ4iM
>>
>>337935589
Cry of Fear is literally dogshit. Its not scary at all. its free and many kids first horror game, they think its cool to act like they played "le scary horor game!"

its shit.

Silent Hill 2 is the best horror game.
>>
Should I play Pathologic? I read that RPS review a while ago and it sounds incredible. And the one complaint I hear from everyone is that the translation sucked, which is supposedly fixed in the remastered version on steam?
>>
>>337935751
Any and all tension in sh2 fucking evaporates the second you start dragging rape triangle's big dick knife around in some retarded game of tag, not to mention after getting it and seeing him with a spear I lost my shit in what was supposed to be a serious climatic cutscene
>>
Silent Hill 2 is the correct answer OP
>>
>>337935121
Of the recent ones Alien: Isolation really was fucking great. Soma is good but it focuses more on the story.
>>
>>337935121
>Whats the best horror game ever made?+ 0 post omitted.
Disregarding Pathologic and The Void, which I don't think are really horrors even if they can scare the shit out of you more effectively than any other game in existence, my personal answer will be Silent Hill 2.
Although admitedly, SH2 may kinda fall into the same category as many IPL games: it's not so much a great horror as a great story that just makes people think and realize really scary stuff.

Alien Isolation was really good in regard of games in recent memories. I personally also liked Penumbra games (the first two, the second moreso than the first one).

>>337936097
Well, million dollar question right there. I'm tempted to just say "YES", but like all crazy Pathologic fanboys, I just can't bring myself to simplify things that easily.
If you hang around for a while, I can provide more detailed answer, but I'll be back in some 20 mins or so.
>>
Silent Hill 3 actually, it's the best SH in horror department
>>
>>337936941
I'll keep the thread open for your reply. It sounds extremely interesting but also very difficult to break into.
>>
File: 1453140674473.jpg (187 KB, 598x465) Image search: [Google]
1453140674473.jpg
187 KB, 598x465
>>337935264
Yes
>>
>>337937202
>a sequel
The correct answer is either SH1 or SH2 though I like 3 and 4 as much
>>
Fatal Frame
>>
>>337935121
0. STALKER
1. VtmB

power gap

2. Yume Nikki
3. System Shock 2

power gap

4. Silent Hill 3
5. Silent Hill
6. Another World
7. Resident Evil
8. Shattered Memories (Wii)
9. Pathologic
10. rest of them. I didn't count Fatal Frame and Forbidden Siren because the setting throws me off.
>>
>>337936097
Nobody stops you from trying senpai, even though the remake is probably less than a year away.
Mind that if you're going to play as Bachelor, his 4-5 days in Town are kinda boring, though you get the best writing and he's by far the best main character. Haruspex and Clara are more fun to play but also much harder and you'll probably fuck it up
>>
>SH2
What the fuck is even scary about this game? Tryhard triangleman scenes?
Voice acting is comedy gold and kills any chance of tension and atmosphere this game could've had
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.