[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to spot a scrub in a Dark Souls game by the weapon they use:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: dark_sword.png (16 KB, 188x269) Image search: [Google]
dark_sword.png
16 KB, 188x269
How to spot a scrub in a Dark Souls game by the weapon they use:

>Dark Souls
Drake Sword
>Dark Souls II
Grand Lance
>Dark Souls III
Dark Sword
>>
>>337929465
Get it right m8y, Dark souls 2 SOTFS would be Grand Lance, vanilla would be something completely else because you don't get it till LATE in the game.
>>
What's wrong with the Grand Lance?
>>
Dark Sword is more of a tryhard weapon in DS3. A scrub weapon would be something like a Raw Astora's Straight Sword.
>>
File: 1461738514319.gif (27 KB, 158x132) Image search: [Google]
1461738514319.gif
27 KB, 158x132
>>337929465
Dark sword is so easy to parry

not to forget gets out reached by almost every lance or great sword / axe

you just need to learn how to play OP and stop holding up your shield 24/7 in pvp
>>
>>337929465
no one cares about pvp anyway, the dark sword is fine
>>
I'd agree if you changed ds2 to fire longsword/hiede weapons
>>
>went through first run of game
>get dark sword by chance
>hmmm, doesn't use that much stamina, that's cool
>use it for the rest of the game
>go on /v/ and find out it's scrub weapon of the game
>>
>>337930050
Why is Raw Astoras scrub teir? I use it with lightning weapon and its pretty good
>>
>>337930235
/v/ said its a scrub weapon, so it gotta be one
>>
Dark Sword is a great PvE weapon though.
>>
>>337929465
>Bawww I dont know how to parry
>>
>>337930235

The raw is ridiculously powerful for the stats and has no scaling. It's very similar to the drake sword actually.
>>
>>337930084
>>337930145
I'm not talking about PVP dumbasses, I'm talking about how easy is to beat the game with these weapons. Going by that logic Grand Lance would be also useless since it's not effective in PVP.
>>
dark sword is an amazing weapon thats why everyone is using it
>>
Estoc is a much bigger problem than dark sword ever was
>>
>>337930340
why should i gimp myself in pve?
>>
I used Black Knight Greataxe in DS1

Fist Weapons only in DS2

But I'm using the Dark Sword in DS3 because it allows for super fast, stamina-light attacks and damage. I've tried the heavier weapons (and fist weapons) and they just seem to suck this time around
>>
>>337930337
So it's a scrub weapon for no scaling? It's useful for a build with low dex/stg like my faith build.
>>
>>337930084
maybe if you have a perfect connection with the player, most of the people I connect with are laggy to some degree, in my experience dark swords range is a half times it's length and parrying is never easy for me in pvp, I can parry the champ and sully all day long but in pvp it just never seems to register even when I know i timed it perfect.
>>
>>337930417
If you want the game to be easy why don't you go ahead and use a greatshield aswell you fucking scrub?
>>
>>337930050
Can confirm. I use RASS and I'm a scrub.
>>
>>337930518
You really can't look at weapons in the same light as the other souls games, weapons in DS3 don't scale for shit to begin with so the best you can do generally is a B or A if you're lucky and that's with a sharp gem which sometimes gets outclassed by Raw anyway like on the Astora Straight, I heard it gets like pretty high AR when maxed.
>>
>>337930518

Like I said, it's excessively powerful for the stats. The fact that it has no scaling is irrelevant for the early game, just like the Drake Sword.
>>
>>337930150
You're right, but OP only played the re-release, where the Grand Lance is much earlier in the game, so he wouldn't know that.
>>
>>337930781
Drake Sword was a flat 200 dmg you could get really early on, Raw Astoras takes a few levels to get past 200, plus is pvp its relatively easy to parry. Not like the drake at all
>>
>>337930742
Ok, I won't upgrade my weapons, level up, roll/block, or use bonfires next run because I have to experience the true dark souls experience
>>
>>337931101

The drake sword is kind of an extreme, I'll give you that. Everyone that used it was a guaranteed guide reader at launch, so it's essentially the quintessential scrub weapon.

There's really no parallel, but the raw ass is still easy mode.
>>
>>337931178
Now your getting it.
>>
>>337930084
the best way to win pvp is just gangbanging invaders
>>
>Crescent Falchion
Good weapon, kind of hard to get. I only use it for Stonefang.
>Drake Sword
Becomes obsolete fast, if you use it after the depths you really are a scrub.
>Grand Lance
Never used it, platinumed ds2 and never played it again.
>Meme Blade, Saw Cleaver/Spear/Saif
All great weapons that can take you through the game, LHB gets a bad rep because everyone used it but its still fantastic
>Dark Sword
Top tier weapon and arguably the best straight sword, S scaling with crystal and lightning infusion, and A scaling is strength at only +4 so you only have to invest in one attack stat.
>>
>>337931293
How the fuck is raw as easy mode? Having a weapon that deals decencnt damage doesn't automatically make the game easier.
>>
>>337929465
Why is this a scrub weapon again? Moves et is great, damage is great, and it's a fun weapon to use. Did you get beat by a dark sword user multiple times anon?
>>
I have a very bad habit of sticking to the starting weapon for the entire game. Going against Champion Gundyr with an upgraded longsword right now
>>
>>337931746

>Having a weapon that deals decencnt damage doesn't automatically make the game easier.
Did you just read what you wrote? Of course having a unbalanced weapon makes the game easier.
Did you expect it to make the game harder?
>>
>>337931746
You can beat abyss watchers in like 10swings with a +3 raw ass with a pine resin
>>
>>337929465
What's wrong with grand lance, I ised it for my faith build until I got thorn great sword and shit was amazing
>>
>>337931680
>and A scaling is strength at only +4

You can only get an A scaling if you infuse it with heavy, which is a waste since you'll lose the dex scaling. Even the minimal investment in dex will make the damage better, go refined or go home.
>>
>>337931680
Whiligig Saw a best
>>
>>337931897
The raw ass isn't unbalanced, and even if it was damage isn't everything you still have to know how to dodge, parry or when to time your attacks, all I'm saying is there are weapons that do more damage, have longer range, and are overall better than the raw ass
>>
>>337930742
why do you care so much what others use to beat the game?

i dont care if you completed the game with a broken sword +10, if youre complaining about scrub weapons being op makes you the real scrub
>>
>>337932092
>some weapons are better than others
Boo fucking hoo
>>
>>337929465
So wait that big ass lance is good on Das2?? I just shelved it and have been using this plus 10 moonlight greatsword knockoff
>>
Speaking of which, is the Claymore a decent weapon for a quality build? Or is there a better greatsword?
>>
>How to spot a scrub in a Dark Souls game
>they used a weapon
>>
>>337932092

It's literally unbalanced. It does abnormally high damage on raw compared to other weapons.

Granted, it doesn't make it good once you can upgrade weapons with chunks and you start get actual scaling bonuses, but the fact that it's a longsword that does 150+ damage when you're still in Lothric makes it unbalanced.
Keep in mind that you can swing it like 5 or 6 times with 12 end, and you can buff it with resin.
>>
>>337932290
What? There are weapons better than the raw ass and ragging on the raw ass for going "unbalanced" is bullshit.
>>
>>337932001
Heavy scaling outperforms refined until your dex is about 20+, remember its B scaling versus A.
>>
>>337932327
It's literally the best weapon in the whole game, the damage output is just absurd, but it's only good for PvE, since in PvP it's easy to avoid the attacks.
>>
File: 0.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>first play through with str/dex build with straight swords (not knowing they were apparently OP)
>decide to play a str/faith build next playthrough
>it's horrible

Why are miracles so worthless in this game? All of my fucking healing miracles cannot be used in combat as they take forever, the offensive miracles are garbage that will never hit and do horrid damage (lightning spear). Should I even bother continuing, or just stick with a straight melee build that doesn't bother with anything (pure str or something)?

I just wanted to try and use something other than a strictly melee build, to actually use some of the spells I get. but it's like trying to cut grass with fucking scissors.
>>
>>337932478
What the fuck i remember pulling it out and thinking this looks badass... too badass to be useful and never looked back
>>
>>337932092
The problem with the ass is that you can make it raw and get damage output comparable to most other weapons for no stat investment.

Granted, with the way PvP is balanced right now, damage output is much higher of a priority than damage absorption, so even if all those extra damage stat points go into VIT or END, it doesn't really make a difference
>>
>>337932329
claymore sucks dicks
>>
>>337932510
>Why are miracles so worthless in this game?

Because Miyazaki hates the praise the sun memers.
>>
>>337932510
Sacred vow is the only good one
>>
>>337932329
The flamberge is superior to the claymore in every regard. Higher base AR, same total stat requirement, better moveset, lower weight, and with bleed damage on top of all the other bonuses.

The only issue it that it's a rare drop, 5% from one of the very few thralls wielding them.
>>
>>337932329

It's okay. I dislike the move set change from DS1, but it feels pretty good. It also deals a decent amount of thrust damage, so you can get away with something like a Leo ring and buff cheese strat.
>>
>>337932470
Doing good damage early game is a poor excuse to call a weapon unbalanced. It does shit damage compared to other weapons.
>>
>>337929867
OP lost to someone using it.
>>
>>337932510
Because whiners keep saying how OP miracles and spells are every single game.

Now that they're effectively worthless outside of Pyromancies until like 60+ int for Sorceries and never for Miracles

They now say they're "Balanced" and "take skill to use".
>>
>>337932510
Faith is bearable once you get it to 60, which obviously precludes the use of actual weapons. Just pick something small, like a longsword or halberd. Meet the minimum requirements, infuse it with a blessed gem, then go 40/40 VIG/END with your 60 FAI.
>>
>>337932795

That's a weird point to make, because that's literally the only reason why people call other people out for using the drake sword.
>>
>>337932885
>vigor higher than 27
>endurance higher than 30

Found the scrub.
>>
>>337932885
>Just pick something small, like a longsword or halberd
Boring
>>
File: 1397176772348.gif (2 MB, 280x294) Image search: [Google]
1397176772348.gif
2 MB, 280x294
>trying making a bleed build in this game
>bleed is a fucking joke that takes fucking forever to build up and does shit for damage when it finally does

guess I'll make a STR build again....yay...
>>
>>337933004
>he has 27 vigor

Enjoy dying to R1 spammers in PvP because you have less than 1000 HP.
>>
>>337933096
>he hasn't used hollow warden twin blades with Carthus rouge

You don't even know dude
>>
>>337932914
The drake sword wasn't unbalanced, it was good early game but became shit pretty quick once you started upgrading other weapons. almost the same thing with the raw ass, except it's still useable for builds with low dex/stg
>>
>>337929465
it's so fucking painfully easy to spot the true scrubs of Dark Souls.

It's the people bitching and whining about weapons like Dark Sword and Estoc. Any weapon with hyper armor will counter them. Twohand a greatsword and you will always win a damage trade, since you have hyper armor. Or just go the usual scrub route and equip a fast parry offhand like Caestus and just spam parry when they R1 spam.

I had to uninstall because the game just turned into a complete shitfest of the same 4-5 weapons wielded by "fashion souls" faggots with edgy costumes, with 1 out every 100 player actually trying something different.

Protip: Dark Souls PVP always sucked dick, because it was built around an inferior control method and had to compensate for lag by building in retarded 1shot mechanics like parry.
>>
>>337933096
Bleed chances increase if you level up luck though, and it's pretty great once you do.
>>
>>337933096
Luck/Hollow Warden Twinblade (or bandit dagger) build can bleed someone in like 3 hits even if they roll

What are you even on about
>>
>>337933096
I got killed by a guy with twin katanas using bleed from 4 hits, triggered on the 4th.

Perhaps learn game mechanics before you start bitching.
>>
>>337932510
Pyromancy is the only magic worth using unfortunately and stays consistently good through the whole game. Unlike miracles being garbage and sorcery requiring a huge fucking investment before it even starts getting decent.
>>
File: 182152-small.png (90 KB, 140x164) Image search: [Google]
182152-small.png
90 KB, 140x164
>>337933187
>losing to r1 spam
LUL
>>
>>337933276
I have 50 luck currently. It takes fucking forever still.

>>337933282
>>337933374
>>337933254

Guess I'll give these weapons a chance....Fuck me they are so ugly though.
>>
>>337933187
This is just adorable.

>losing to r1 spammers

I was just kidding, but holy shit you really are a scrub.
>>
>>337929465
>Grand Lance
Not only is it not comparable because it's so late in the game but lances were an incredibly niche weapon type altogether.
Have you forgotten about Helixodons?
>>
>>337933096
Bleed is good actually against a lot of things. The problem is the actual bleed upgrade path is garbage and you're better off just using a weapon with innate bleed and using carthas rouge on it. So there's not really a a "build" for bleed in the end.
>>
>>337933004
I don't see why you'd want to handicap yourself in a world where any large weapon is guaranteed to get at least two hits, and every single meta weapon has a literally inescapable spinny art. If you don't hit the vigor soft cap you're just going to lose fights, plain and simple. No amount of skill can deal with a fight ending after one lucky hit.
>>
>>337930195
Are you me?
>>
>>337930050

Fire Uchi is the scrub weapon imo. Makes the entire start of the game easy mode, is easily collected by following a guide and scales horribly. It's exactly the drake sword.
>>
>>337931680
>LHB
Pretty much every bloodborne character I've made has used this at some point. It's just so good and scales so well with everything but bloodtinge.
>>
Bloodborne: Ludwigs
>>
>>337933096
Bleed is absolutely disgusting, you're doing it wrong. It scales with luck and you can apply carthus rouge to native bleed weapons. Make them hollow, buff them with rouge, trigger bleed in three hits even through a greatshield.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 540x296) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 540x296
You know what's actually unbalanced? Black Knight Glaive. You can chain an r1 into a free weapon art combo that hits for insanely high damage, and you can chain THAT from a jumping attack. Weapons with spin slash are retarded in general because they don't add any depth beyond free damage

Why not just give it hyper armor with a longer recovery time so that it can't be combo'd, wins trades, and can be punished
>>
>tfw Hollow Washing Pole +9 w/ Carthas Rouge
Thanks I'll just be over here beating the game without getting hurt because I can kill everyone in 4 hits.
Invade someone with two summons?
BLEEDING
Fighting a "hard" boss?
BLEEDING
>>
>>337933764
Yet another guy who can't parry straight swords or predict slowass weapons.

Jesus, why even play?
>>
>>337933592
In Scholar of the First Sin they shifted the grand lance from the giant memory to the first king's door in the forest. You know, the one with the first Syan's Knight. It's by far the most common early game weapon after the updates.
>>
>spend entire game using just a mace
>love this little nigga, goin out clubbing all day long
>kill cathedral knight in Lothric Castle
>get great mace
>oh shit nigger it's on now
>C strength scaling at heavy +10
Whose fucking idea was this

Why isn't the exploding lightbomb ability the great mace's weapon art
>>
>>337930084
In a vacuum yes, I would be able to parry every single R1 spammer after the initial 2 hits.

On DS3's netcode and with 2 other faggots also spamming straight swords, this becomes difficult. Worse is if they're straight sword users who also happen to be decent at the game. Inb4

>straight swords
>good at the game

They're absolutely overpowered in both PvE and PvP. Even if you're totting a special snowflake weapon it's worth to have a straight sword, katana, or estoc in a second slot to chase down runners to chuggers.

Not everyone exclusively PvPs in muh honorabu 1v1 hugbox fightclubs.
>>
>>337930578

This. Parry is such a hit and miss in PvP. Connection is a big deal. If it's not perfect, just don't try.
>>
>>337933974
Ah, never played Sotfs
>>
>>337933989
I was so mad. It's literally a shittier Vordt hammer
>>
>>337934017
>Parry is such a hit and miss in PvP.
it used to be, but now we got parry offhands that can do 2 parries per second, so if you just spam, the window of actually hitting you much smaller than the window of getting a parry to connect.

Then you're rewarded with one-shotting the other player. I'd say its worth it.
>>
>>337932510
Do pyromancy and dark magic, it's amazing. You can stop at 32int/30fth and get decent damage, the dark spells are more fun to use than regular ones anyway.
>>
>>337933907
I'm not talking about straight swords, you fucking dense nigger. I'm talking about things like the R1>L2>R2 from the spiked mace. If the first hit connects there is *literally* no escape from the rest of the damage instances. Ditto the charge from the AGS, the art from the locks, and so on.

If you don't have the health to tank those hits you lose the fight.
>>
>>337933868
You punish it by dodging out of the hilariously slow animation and then quickly moving in for the free hit.
>>
>>337934243
>if you make a huge mistake, you lose

Is this your first video game?
>>
>>337929465

drake sword was a newbie crutch in DaS1 but became near worthless around anor londo.

the other 2 are just overpowered.

the other 2 are just overpowered
>>
>>337934347
>getting hit once is a huge mistake
>in an online game with latency
>in a game with known phantom hits due to shitty, inaccurate weapon hitboxes

sure buddy
>>
>>337934347
>getting hit once is a huge mistake

Fuck off.
>>
>>337931910
>using pine resin EVER
I'd rather kill myself than be a casual scrub
>>
File: best message.png (567 KB, 572x778) Image search: [Google]
best message.png
567 KB, 572x778
>>337929465
>grand lance
>late game weapon with shit scaling
>requires actual timing
>leaves user wide open after a miss
>only advantage is crazy backstab/parry damage
So OP, you ever fight any weebs?
>>
>>337934217
Now do this while you're getting bangbanged by 3 other phantoms while your backup red is friendly firing out the ass.
>>
>>337934615
>late game weapon

Stop. It isn't a late game weapon any more. It's literally one of the first weapons in the entire game, which is why it's such hot shit.
>>
File: saint_bident.png (15 KB, 189x276) Image search: [Google]
saint_bident.png
15 KB, 189x276
I'm running a faith build...I should infuse this with Lightning instead of Blessed, right?
>>
>>337934645
you're literally invincible during the parry execute animation. Parry is also 360 degrees now. More than once, I've parried two people at once coming at me, simply because the parry spam is so strong.
>>
>>337934825
Don't use that
>>
File: Salar de Uyuni.jpg (323 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Salar de Uyuni.jpg
323 KB, 1920x1080
>>337929465
HOW TO PVP IN DARK SOULS 3?

From anor londo to the end of the game, I was 100% embered and had dorkmoon active, never got invaded or got to invade once. Now that I'm sitting around before doing NG+ I haven't gotten a single invasion as aldrich faithful or watchdogs, and red eye orb just searches forever. I know my connection is fine since I've helped a friend through 50% of the game and I can summon and be summoned just fine.

What the fuck can I do to get some PvP? I played DS1 and DS2 years after their releases so I missed out there, and now that I'm in while it's hot I can't find a single fucking fight.
>>
>>337934825
You should probably ditch it and use any other weapon.
>>
>>337934916
don't you ever, don't you ever say that to my face again.
>>
>>337934825
That's garbage no matter what you try to do with it.
>>
>>337934952
What's your SL and your highest upgraded weapon?
>>
>>337935051
SL 90, +10.
>>
>>337934825
>"hur what if we take the incredibly shit AR of spears and chop off another 100 AR in exchange for marginally more range"
>>
>>337929465
>using a good weapon makes you a scrub
What is it with this fuckin meme
>>
>>337934703
Seriously it is now? I quit Ds2 just a little after scholar was released so I was still thinking vanilla
>>
>>337934952
you either overleveled or underleveled your character and/or your weapon.
Watchdogs is hot around level 25-45 at weapon level 0-4, then abruptly dies after that. Aldrich is hot around 55-80 at weapon level 5-10.
>>
>>337934876
What about various weapons that can't be parried while 2H?
>>
>>337932510
Just use the buff miracles like sacred oath and lighting blade along a nice meme dark sword or sunlight straight sword
35str
35 faith
25 vigor
Rest is up to you
>>
>>337930195
>taking to heart some shitlords opinion from /v/
Real life scrub detected
>>
>>337935181
How do I fix that or where do I go to do PvP at 90 and +10?

My friend gets invaded constantly in NG+ at level 100 and also +10 but I get jack shit despite only being 10 levels different.
>>
File: 2LmlyAx.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2LmlyAx.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>337934916
>>337934980
>>337935019

...then what should I use
>>
>>337935471
no spears unless they have Dragonslayer in front of their name
>>
>>337929465
The Drake Sword is worthless though. It has shit damage and upgrading, it's only slightly better than what you have when you first get it but upgrading any other weapon will have you better off. The Dark Sword on the other hand can easily carry you to 100%.

Not sure why you're making a comparison between the two. Calling them meme weapons would be better.
>>
>>337935076
You're kind of overlevelled for normal PvP. Chances are you can still get summoned for fight clubs if you red sign outside Pontiff though. PvP range counts weapon upgrades now, so even if you're within someone's invade range, you can't do it if your weapon isn't within 2-3 upgrade levels of theirs.

At 90 with +10, your best bet is around the Dragon's Peak or Grand Archives. If you can't get normal PvP invades there, you might be out of luck without starting a new character.

>>337935427
You're still before NG+ right? PvP pool is separate for new games.
>>
>>337935427
you can just summon hostile phantoms, or you can make another character. It doesn't take long to reach Watchdogs area for a new character.

It's pretty standard to have one character that you go wild with, and some others that are designated PVP characters, where you stay a certain level.
>>
>>337930756
call it Raw ASS. More funny :^)
>>
>>337929465
Great Lance was op? Was it though? I chose it because fighting with a giant lance is awesome.
>>
>>337933989
On the same boat bro, was hyped as fucked when the weapon dropped, then, disappointment.
>>
>>337935257
use a 2h with a wide swing/spin weapon art where you have hyper armor.
>>
>>337932329
Wolf knight greatsword is pretty good. Does 500 damage on hit with 40STR/40DEX. Only problem is that it's too heavy.
>>
>>337935742
Shit, thanks. I didn't know about the new weapon requirement junk. Soloing bosses was suffering doing 50 damage per hit, so I maxed out my weapons in order to avoid relying on summons. Didn't think it would fuck my PvP up. I guess I'll try going into NG+ and seeing if it improves.

Seems like it would be really hard to do any fun PvP builds then, if you have to have shit low level stats and garbage weapons for PvE. RIP quality builds.
>>
>>337933514
This but it sucks ass if they buff with lighting. I found I out one time and now I change the buff every time is see them do it.
>>
>>337935985
we have to wait until DLCs for the designated PVP levels to change. Hopefully they'll add another Aldrich/Wolf type zone for higher levels.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 150x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 150x200
>>337929465
Wwwhat aaabbbout bestoc?! ;)

I penetrate my enemies...
>>
File: agrias.png (39 KB, 166x221) Image search: [Google]
agrias.png
39 KB, 166x221
>>337929465
How to actually spot a scrub in a Dark Souls game by the weapon they use:

>Dark Souls
Complains about what weapons others use.
>Dark Souls II
>Dark Souls III
>>
>>337935985
That's why you gotta outskill the host + the three other fags he brings along.
>>
File: Wrestling_She_mad.gif (940 KB, 324x184) Image search: [Google]
Wrestling_She_mad.gif
940 KB, 324x184
>90% of the weapons/spells in the game are shit

why
>>
File: 1463411470504.jpg (65 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1463411470504.jpg
65 KB, 500x375
>>337933412
TFW /v/ tricked you into going faith build on your first play through
>>
File: 20160513231313_1.jpg (723 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160513231313_1.jpg
723 KB, 1920x1080
Best build coming through.
>r1 spammers can't get through this shield
>parryfags can't do shit cause I don't attack at all and this twohanding this shield is unparryable.
>>
File: black_knight_glaive.png (16 KB, 198x265) Image search: [Google]
black_knight_glaive.png
16 KB, 198x265
Literally the most broken weapon in the history of the souls series.
>>
File: R_Isocp5.jpg (12 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
R_Isocp5.jpg
12 KB, 256x256
Is there ANY way to make a viable scythe build?

I just want to be pic related
>>
>>337935471
Lothric Knight Greatsword or Dragonslayer's Axe (creighton's) might be worth a shit infused with lightning if you're also using the lightning clutch ring.

Dragonslayer Greataxe is a great weapon, but most of its damage isn't going to come from lightning. Still, it's got near-greataxe damage and basically a permanent lightning enchant worth of damage tacked on all the time. Dragonslayer Spear and Swordspear are also fun to dick around with at the end of the game.

Beyond that, a heavy-infused (or sharp if you're a dexfag) weapon with a cast lightning buff I guess.
>>
>>337936336
>admitting to using a build made for the mentally handicapped

you're the man
>>
>>337936350
>2H R2 -> R1 -> L2 -> R2
>Literally inescapable stunlock combo

I hope you got tears on you bitch, otherwise hand over that ember.
>>
>>337936359
>Ignores shields
>Still got wide speeds on attacks
Its fine. Its just not great. Its just too slow.
>>
>>337936359

Quality (40/40 + Refined) or Hollow (30 Luck + offhand Hollow-infused weapon or shield for bonus to Luck) Corvian GS.
>>
>>337936359
Bleed em dry.
>>
>>337934347
Phantom range and latency means you're gonna get hit at least once. I've killed players more skilled than me by just doing a spiked mace WA combo at thin air and they just get hit somehow while standing nowhere near me. Shit happens.
>>
File: 14565250331312.jpg (1 MB, 3000x4000) Image search: [Google]
14565250331312.jpg
1 MB, 3000x4000
>>337936607
sorry you can't get pass a big black shield with your little microdick sword boi
>>
>>337936719
You don't even need Hollow or Luck, really. Just slap Carthus Rouge on it and BLOOD LOSS! every 3-4 hits.
>>
File: 1436550008089.jpg (43 KB, 980x1040) Image search: [Google]
1436550008089.jpg
43 KB, 980x1040
>>337929465
>WAAAH STOP PLAYING THE GAME LIKE YOU WANT TO PLAY IT YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOURSELF TO THE ARBITRARY RULES I MADE UP BECAUSE I AM TOO INSECURE WAAAAH
>>
>>337935471
Lightning lothric Knight greatsword or Lightning Astora Greatsword both have s scaling in faith IIRC

Or you can use raw ASS and buff it
>>
>>337936953
this
>>
>>337936849
I'll just mirror your build and we can fuck eachother with our greatshields. Sounds fun right?
>>
>>337936849
Enjoy bleeding.
>>
>>337936350
It's really good this time around

I'm making an sl100 quality build just to use black Knight weapons for fun so I can use this piece of shit and destroy hosts and their gank squads with ease

I already made the oneshot build for other weapons and it was pretty fun to tear up people if they were stupid enough to get close
>>
How to spot a patrician in DS3:
>Any Scythe
>Using Hidden Body Sorcery
>Smough Hammer
>Morne's Hammer
>Washing Pole
>>
File: WUZ.jpg (140 KB, 620x429) Image search: [Google]
WUZ.jpg
140 KB, 620x429
>>337937113
All of the guys with greatshields I've fought against lost to me.

>>337937254
Don't worry, I just wait until your silly bleeding effect runs out. Or I can just play normally because I also use a grasscrest shield and meme sword as backup.
>>
>>337936953

>t. dark sword user for whom the game was too difficult
>>
>>337937279
How to spot a patrician in DS3:
Sharp Dagger +10 with Caestus offhand
>>
>>337937443
>Caestus
That is the ultimate sign of a faggot.
>>
>>337937420
All of the guys with greatshields I've fought against lost to me.
>>
>>337936931

True. I forget how effective the rouge is even without Luck investment.
>>
>>337937547
Wooow dude don't you realize how HARD it is to parry? Respect my skills, you fucking scrub :v)
>>
File: 1441883613265.jpg (96 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
1441883613265.jpg
96 KB, 800x437
>>337937438
>Y-YOU'RE NOT REALLY PLAYING THE GAME UNLESS YOU PURPOSELY MAKE THINGS MORE DIFFICULT THAN THEY ARE
>>
>>337937648
DSP, go home. You are drunk.
>>
>>337937420
don't you even know how bleed works in ds3?
>>
File: Untitled (2).jpg (14 KB, 265x206) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (2).jpg
14 KB, 265x206
>>337937548
Were they using a Greatshield of Glory +5? There's literally no weapon that can guardbreak it.
>>
>>337937693

Don't worry bro, it's ok to admit you got stuck on Sulyvahn for 3 hours.
>>
>>337937547
>>337937648
>Faggots who telegraph their attacks and got Hornet Ring'd to death

Caestus parrying is the #1 preventative measure against R1 straight sword spammers. Never leave Firelink without one.
>>
>>337937761
They were using a Greatshield of Glory +5. There's literally no weapon that can guardbreak it.
>>
>activate warcry on amy of the axes and charge your r2 for the charge
>r1 spammers try to hit you during the charge, they get 1 hit in then staggered from the tackle part
>eat loads of damage
>people try to parry
>they get hit by the tackle before the attack and cant parry in time
>your hits do enough poise damage to knock people out of hyper armor most of the time
Axes are great this time aroune, more people should use them
>>
>>337937813
>Caestus parrying is the #1 preventative measure against ANY attack that can be parried

fixed. Either you use an unparryable attack or you get fucked in the ass by caestus.
>>
>>337929465
>Talking shit about grand Lance

Bitch that was the best Lance I'll fucking fight you. Grand Lance + mastadon Greatsword was my jam.
>>
>>337937813
>R1 Straight Sword Spammers
Just hit them with a bigger weapon.
Hornet Ring, that Mace from the Evangelists, and Carthus Rouge. One hit into a spin will obliterate them.
If they don't even try to parry, then it's easy enough to hit them once.
>>
File: 1435927127508.jpg (365 KB, 2000x1087) Image search: [Google]
1435927127508.jpg
365 KB, 2000x1087
>>337937796
>S-STOP PROVING ME WRONG YOU*RE JUST BAD AT THE GAME BECAUSE YOU DON'T GIMP YOURSELF IN A GAME THAT GIVES YOU MULTIPLE CHOICES OF APPROACH WAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvMehsfr8YA
>>
File: v meets a girl Part 2.jpg (255 KB, 675x839) Image search: [Google]
v meets a girl Part 2.jpg
255 KB, 675x839
>>337937746
Well, from all the bleed users I've fought, they can only cause bleed through my shield by using the bleed buff. Once it runs out, their weapon's bleed effect doesn't penetrate my GSoG +5 at all.

>>337937869
If shit hits the fan, I don't attack until they waste all their stamina, or don't know when I'm gonna strike.
I've been able to kill 10 invaders in a row.
>>
>>337937972
>your hits do enough poise damage to knock people out of hyper armor most of the time

thats not how hyper armor works. Hyper armor makes you literally immune to stagger. If you staggered them, youve hit them before hyper armor activated.
>>
>>337933809
Unlike the drake sword, you can just slap a new gem on the fire uchi once your stats would meaningfully increase its damage. Dark or chaos work great for pyro or mixed magic builds.
>>
>>337935675

Agree. There are weapons that are just as easily acquired at the same time with a bit of know how (because how else are you supposed to get them unless you read a guide).

DS1

>Dex, you can farm for a BSS or go to the catacombs and get the great scythe right at the start. Upgrade it to fire for easy early game fights
>Quality, you can get teh claymore as soon as you beat taurus
>Heavy weapon, you can run and join the gravelords and get the gravelord sword as soon as you get to firelink. Using the sword 2 handed, you can kill the titanite demon in the catacombs in a few hit. Kill the one by Andre, and trade some moss to snuggly for more demon titanite, and you can upgrade it to +3 before you fight the gargoyles. At that point, its 5 or 6 swings 2 handed per gargoyle to beat them. Also gets you used to the range and swing speed of the greataxe, demons great axe, and demons machette.
>>
>>337938190
If you hit hard enough during hyper armor, you hear a sound effect kind of like a deeper version of the successfull parry effect.
They then go in to the parried animation
>>
>>337930340
>easy to beat the game with drake sword

I wanna see someone go through all of the game with nothing but the drake sword lol
>>
>>337938015
It's really absurd, in all honesty.
The time frame you have to parry any attack is fucking HUGE. And being able to fucking parry ANY one-handed attack, even a 26 pound hammer or some shit is absurd. It makes no sense and just punishes people for using slower weapons for no reason if they want an off-hand active.
>Oh shit, a big ass hammer is coming at me!
>Swing fist at it
>Hammer just flies off to the side like magic, even though my fist is just a fist with a weak-ass glove on it
>Take no damage and enemy is open to a massive damage hit
>I gut the enemy
It almost makes sense with faster shit and medium speed shit.
>>
>>337929465
Pvp Wise.

>Dark 1
Gold Tracer
>Dark 2
Chaos Blade
>Dark 3
Gundyr's Halberd
>>
>>337938120
>He's been stuck on Sullyvahn since the game released
Anon, give it up and just switch to a boring, un-fun weapon, finish him, then commit ritual suicide.
>>
>>337938530
It actually has the second smallest amount of parry frames, they just start sooner

Parrying shields have way more active frames and are only slightly slower on the startup for active frames
>>
>>337932510
Scooby???

Cant believe I remember this guy
>>
File: 50.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
50.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>tfw you love halberds and used them in every game and they're beyond god tier in 3
>>
>>337938909
>It actually has the second smallest amount of parry frames
doesn't matter when it can parry 2 times per second. That makes the window huge, due to latency.
>>
>>337938909
Mostly what the other Anon said.
And the fact that since it happens faster, that means you end up parrying it, whereas if you used a shield, the hit would go through in the startup when you go to parry.
>>
File: 1462921667241.jpg (44 KB, 484x566) Image search: [Google]
1462921667241.jpg
44 KB, 484x566
>have way of blue equipped because i never get summoned as a dork so let's give others a try
>black crystal out when im invading and fighting one
>>
>>337939046
In terms of speeding through PvE past your first character, once you know the layout of areas Dark Sword spam is still superior.

Online though, pole arms absolutely wreck shit, just because people aren't used to seeing them.

>Fag tries to parry my jumping attack into spin2win

If a guy seems even remotely skilled, do not use R1s. Too easy to parry.
>>
>>337939074
It's still easy to bait and punish

One of my favorite things is to run in and pretend like your going to running attack, have then native and try to parry, only for you to run behind them and backstab them while they're locked in place

Works insanely well against parry happy people
>>
>>337929465
>>Dark Souls II
>Drangleic set+iron mask/Vengarl's set, + mace

fixed that for you.
>>
>>337938306
Master key to astora's sword, suicide run to gravelord. That's my jam right there. I usually fight Quelaag before Gargoyles. I just don't enjoy the zone or bosses around there very much.
>>
>>337930767
a RASS gets 322 AR before buffs so its pretty decent damage but still no where near as dumb and a refined dark sword/broad sword
>>
>>337939359
FUCKING FAGGOT GIVE ME MY CONCORDS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>337933809
Sounds more like a raw astora straight sword.
>>
File: 1463081746694.jpg (22 KB, 363x320) Image search: [Google]
1463081746694.jpg
22 KB, 363x320
>>337939661
only if you fight for me
>>
>>337934247
they can just keep r1ing because they get hyper armor for some fucking reason
>>
>>337939661
>TFW had a brilliant idea recently and will be doing it on NG+
SL 119, dress up in the Lothric Knight armor and just sit down in the corner next to the Dragon Armory Bridge.
You blend perfectly in, constantly set off the Dragons, and then Ember+Finger. You're ready to fight back if someone figures it out, but in the meantime, you'll get semi-consistent invades and thus semi-consistent Darkmoon/Sentinel.
>>
>DS1
Black Knight Greatsword
>DS2
Greatsword
>DS3
Cathedral Knight Greatsword

just wanna be guts
>>
>>337938620
Gold tracer is actually in DS3.
>>
>>337939359
>invade host as purple
>blue comes by
>see the faggot hiding in a corner waiting for the host to kill me or something
>use point at the blue
>host also points at the blue
>chase his faggot ass down (he wasn't actually afk I guess)
>murder his scrub ass
>wave to host as I fade out
>host waves back and uses the jump for joy after words

Well I guess in your incompetence you managed to complete the true goal of faction, gratz I guess.
>>
>>337940323
>Invade as Grape in Archives upper
>Out of 5 fucking Invades, 2 ended immediately as the Host entered the Gate
>The other 3 featured the same Estoc spamming dipshit Darkmoon coming in after me to kill me
>His Estoc did a consistent 350 damage per hit and insta-killed me
>After first time just Crystalled if the name came up
>Happened three more times in lower Archives
I am plagued by this ghost.
>>
File: 1462564774388.jpg (71 KB, 460x550) Image search: [Google]
1462564774388.jpg
71 KB, 460x550
do blues get some kind of debuff or reduced scaling?
EVERY SINGLE TIME THOSE FAGGOT DIES NEAR INSTANTLY TO SOME RANDOM BULLSHIT.
>invade
>dorkmoon summoned
>get forked tongue
>summon a dork with way of blue as host
>2 appear
>both die to one invader
>>
>>337940829
nah the covenants just plagued with scrubs trying to get those cheevos.
>>
>Invade as dark spirit at Anor Londo
>Another dark spirit shows up with twin axes
>Wave
>He spins into me with infinite stamina so fast that we both fly off the bridge into the horizon

I hope I don't get banned for being touched by the taint of a hacker.
>>
File: 1457304942640.png (715 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1457304942640.png
715 KB, 1366x768
>>337929465
>How to spot a scrub in a Dark Souls game
Weapons you use
>How to spot a MLG Pro in a Dark Souls game
Weapons I use
>>
Replaying Dark Souls 2 is starting to make me realize how bad a poise stat is when parrying exists. Nothing worse than fighting a turtle who exclusively fishes for a parry after you're already locked into an attack animation by ignoring any of the first hits you do unless you happened to have a massive weapon, in which case it's so slow it'll be parried anyway.
>>
File: re (7).png (234 KB, 432x480) Image search: [Google]
re (7).png
234 KB, 432x480
>>337929465
I've always liked the straight swords in the Souls games, so why shouldn't I choose the one with the highest AR?

I've done the math, how does that make me a scrub exactly?
>>
>>337940829
Blues and Darkmoon get have HP scaling, yes. If the Host is lower level than you, you get up to a 30% HP reduction at 20 below.
If they're above you, you get up to a 15% increase at 20 above.
>>
Why does the Lucerne wreck so much shit holy fuck
literally 350dmg per hit with Carthus at 10/10 stats
If they even come close to my spin I basically oneshot them
>>
File: 1445281059721s.jpg (5 KB, 207x249) Image search: [Google]
1445281059721s.jpg
5 KB, 207x249
>Dark Souls
Black Knight Greataxe
>Dark Souls 2
Greatsword
>Dark Souls 3
Estoc
>>
>>337939629
Still, that's with absolutely no stat investment, so it's a pain in the ass to deal with at lower levels, plus it's more likely to be buffed or in the hands of someone who has way too much health.
>>
>>337930340
so you don't like how other people play the game in PvE...

do you have autism?
>>
File: 4.jpg (148 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
148 KB, 500x369
>Dark Souls
Black Knight Halberd
>Dark Souls 2
Black Knight Halberd
>Dark Souls 3
Black Knight Halberd

Seriously
>>
>>337941513
No, it's still BKGA in DS3.

>Low level invaders
>Wearing nothing
>Barely enough stats to twohand the BKGA
>Offhand caestus to parry
>Never attacks
>Spams parry constantly
>If they land one even by chance, they win.
>>
>>337941534
I know i used it after going through most of the game with wolnirs holy sword which imo is one of the worst weapons in the game
>>
File: what.png (302 KB, 891x647) Image search: [Google]
what.png
302 KB, 891x647
Is this fanservice or canon?
>>
>>337942418
Is Solaire canon?
>>
What other weapons besides straightswords I am supposed to use starting off in DS3? There is a serious lack of weapon choice, unless you want to call me a casual for not using nothing but urarmed or shield bashes.
>>
>>337942628
nevermind I forgot about the shrines and just thought of that Solaire autist who makes it look like everything is made up by him
>>
File: halberd-weapon.png (99 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
halberd-weapon.png
99 KB, 800x800
>>337942061
It's not even a halberd, it's a glaive. Why did it take them 3 games to fix this?

Ruins my polearm fetish, desu.
>>
>>337929465
drake sword wasn't a good weapon though, I don't understand this thread
>>
>>337942743
Butcher's Knife is fun if you have the Str
>>
who here twin blades?
>>
>>337942925
It was good for early PvE and anyone who had it used guides 99% of the time
>>
>>337942743
Curved swords and rapiers are good too. Really, it's just that enemies are super agile and aggressive in this game, so you want to be able to hit them before they hit you. Turtling will get you killed.
>>
>>337936350
Have crushed everyone i have seen use this with yhorms or butchers knife.
>>
Holy shit, I think I got invaded like 5 times going up to Anor Londo by Aldrichfags, often 2 at a time.
>>
>>337938139
anyone enjoy this vid?
>>
DS2 - Red Iron Winblade
>>
>>337943260
>rubjellyonme !!f9Uhhk/ngm9
we meet again
>>
DS2 had way better weapon variety as well as more unique movesets, even without the DLC.
>>
>>337943453
hi friend
>>
>>337929465
I see more washing pole fags that dark sword in pvp
>>
>>337937279
>hidden body

Useless for PvP, though it got buffed for PvE. Ring or chamaleon are much better.
>>
>>337943636
ayy lmao
>>
>>337939359
>Equip way of blue in forest
>Use dried finger & giant seed
>Chameleon behind some tree and go take a shit
>Come back to see a blue getting triple teamed by two watchdogs and a red
Poor little blue guy.
>>
>>337942120
Fuck you I used my weaponfu in DaS1 all day errday even though it sucked, let me enjoy my ridiculous AR this time.
I was so fucking stoked when I first used the BKGA in 3 and killed a host with 2 r1s
>>
>>337929651
DaS2 should be Blacksteel Katana.
>>
>>337944172
>Hidden Body useless for PVP
Use the Untrue White Ring or whatever it's called to look like a White Phantom.
Then cast Hidden Body.
You now look ever so slightly less ethereal than an actual Ghost.
You can fake out people so fucking hard. Here's a vid some fag made the other day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz5vnejEieA
>>
>>337940130
Gatts*
>>
>>337933520
hey if you're still here look into the hollowing mechanic
if you have more than a certain amount of hollowing you get a boost to luck or hollow weapons or bleed or something
>>
>>337937279
>weapon art shield
>>
>>337942418
Both
>>
How easily can you fool prople with hidden weapon?
>>
>>337944887
this is for you anon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncZwUfmY9t0
>>
>>337929465
For Dark Souls 2 I'd say it's Chaos Blade or Ice Rapier.
In 2 I was DEX/FAITH and powerstanced a lightning rapier in my right hand for the R2 parry and R1 finishes on low health opponents (or a lightnjng longsword just because it's so good) and a fire chaos blade in my left hand for the running L1 pokey and insane powerstance damage on the regular L1 and L2 attacks. Every time I fought someone I would use either GMB or resplendent life depending on if the other guy buffed. I also obviously used sunlight blade on my right hand before powerstancing, so if they used a lightning def ring my sneaky fire chaos blade would still do great damage. Also with the longsword in the right hand, R1+L1 would often be a combo, meaning I basically hit 3 times for the price of 2 due to the damage scaling of powerstancing L1s, meaning a lot of the time I just one-combo'd people.
That was the only time on any Souls game I've done a DEX character, fucking fite me.
>>
>>337945995
Why is everyone fucking stupid when dealing with people using Tears of Denial?
I always wear Kirk gauntlets because of this shit being so common, rolling into them for death is fun
>>
>>337946307
well the way the build works out its 2 hits to die and 2 hits to kill (unless there using tears themselves or possibly iron flesh.)
>>
>>337945995
JUSTICE
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.