[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUW 0UJWpfUQ Please don'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: TW_warhammer_box_art.jpg (2 MB, 1539x2232) Image search: [Google]
TW_warhammer_box_art.jpg
2 MB, 1539x2232
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUW0UJWpfUQ
Please don't be a pile of unoptimized buggy shit

Bonus downgrade video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lJYsC4TmTU
>>
>>337921369

Game looks "good" so far, still won't play on release even if they have learned from Rome 2.
>>
>>337921369
>Total War
>ever being in a playable state at launch
>>
>>337922390
I have slight hopes since reviewers have a copy and have been able to capture footage for awhile.
>>
>tfw consolecucks will never get this masterpeice
>>
>>337922304
>from rome 2

They already made another game after rome 2
>>
File: 1460928555842.png (232 KB, 451x484) Image search: [Google]
1460928555842.png
232 KB, 451x484
>mfw i legit thought this was going to be about super human space marines
>>
>>337923454
Please no, there are enough games about SPEHS MUHREENS coming out. But if we could get some more games about xenos, that would be fine
>>
>>337923454

You got deathwing for that, from the makers of E.Y.E divine cybermancy who are huge 40k fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kub5vOaT0V8
>>
>>337923454
There's still Dawn of War 3
>>
Pretty sure that trailer was made more for new Warhammer fans than Total War fans.
>>
>>337924160
and Dawn of War
I really don't think 40k could work on TW mechanics and scale.

I am still up in the air about Dwarves first, or Ork. Fuck Chaos and Empire. Vamps maybe
>>
>>337922390
Their most recent game, Attila, was perfectly playable at release, and also is one of the best games in the series.
>>
>>337924416

I'm split between empire and dwarfs, i love fire support but usually play pretty defensive so for me it would work better as dwarf i think. No need to micro manage cavalry and such.
>>
>>337925258
Dwarves also use runesmiths which is a whole different way of magic use, I think Dwarves will be so vastly different that I want to play as them first.
>>
>>337922390
I have high hopes because they actually optimized the engine to use the gpu instead of one thread processing everything.

There's an interview that confirmed how much of a shit engine the total war games had. Everything was being processed through one CPU thread...shadows, lighting, animation, effects etc etc
>>
>>337924416
They killed off my interest in vamps with faggothobo Mannfred.

I'll be leading my WAAAGH instead
>>
So day0 developer-made "mods"
>remove regional occupation thing
>splits legendary lords into their own faction, good for co-op campaign
>>
>>337924509
Yeah, wasn't the biggest complaint with that one the DLC?
>>
>>337929415
Just the sheer amount of it. It has the same amount of DLC as Rome 2 and was out for half the time.
>>
File: Best Carstein.png (101 KB, 289x214) Image search: [Google]
Best Carstein.png
101 KB, 289x214
>>337928240
Mannfred is the best vamp though. Defintely the most powerful and cunning.
>>
>>337921369
>unoptimized buggy shit
This is my only, but great fear about this game. I really hope it won't be running and looking like shit at the same time just like attila.
>>
>>337928240

Who would you have in his place? Would it be someone people know or that would represent the vampire lords better for new players?
>>
>every city is exactly the same with different decorations on the walls to differentiate the races

Bravo, CA
>>
>>337930118
Trade off is every race/faction is more unique than just humans.

Siege battles are by far the weakest part of all TW games, the AI just goes full retard with the walls. That and sea battles.
>>
>>337930445

Yeah, they took out naval units altogether for this game and I couldn't give less of a shit. Fleet management was a pain in the ass even in the old games where there weren't live sea battles.
>>
>>337930445
Why does there have to be a trade off? They really cant design settlements with more than one shape?
>>
>>337930118
After shogun 2 I cant give less fucks about siege
>>
>>337931696
You have to draw the line somewhere when they have tons of new art to do. Sieges was definitely it. They have an attempt at doing something different, everything is based on the wall and around it and the towers have max range.

If you lost the walls you would most likely just lose the battle anyways.
>>
>>337933160
>If you lost the walls you would most likely just lose the battle anyways

The Bretonnian vs vampire lords were pretty close, if he had managed to kill Mannfred after they rallied in the city the vampire army would have started crumbling fast.
>>
>>337921369
I can't be the only one who's bored as shit of the entire total war concept

I mean at this point it has essentially turned into another assassin's creed; always using the same mechanics with a different skin shat over it
>>
>>337931696
there's about 12 different siege layouts and more may be patched in post-release like they did with S2. I think CA are taking the 'if we can't make them 'good' we'll try to make them fun' approach. The sieges in this may be more simplistic, but they look way more enjoyable to actually play and there's far less chance of the AI fucking it up.
>>
I can't wait to play this game in a year or two when -
1. It actually runs ok
2. The A.I. gets a complete redo thanks to game breaking bugs
3. The DLC is priced reasonably

Keep me posted /v/
>>
>>337933439
>same mechanics
Well, yeah, spearmen (or equivalent) hard-countering cavalry is going to be a thing whatever time period you're playing in. If only there was some way to shake things up, and let the designers go beyond real-world military situations. OH WAIT.
>>
>>337933439
except this one has magic, giant monsters, hero units, flying units etc.
>>
>>337921369
Other than decreased view distance it looks pretty similar to the original video. I was expecting a bigger difference
>>
>>337933884
The foliage and ground textures are worse too.
>>
>>337924416
>I really don't think 40k could work on TW mechanics and scale
It can't and literally never will
>>
It's still using the shitty engine that killed rome 2. I'm not keeping my hopes up.
>>
>>337934283
Warscape was used before Rome 2. Rome 2 was just a colossal fuck up.
>>
>>337935230
It's still garbage m8. Look at the gameplay videos. It's like looking at ants fight.
>>
>>337935361
>>337934283
It's also ugly as fuck. Fucking hate armors and faces with it.
>>
>>337927119
Jesus Christ. That's hard to believe.
>>
>game is like 20 euro cheaper on G2P/a sites

Something fishy even for these regular "legit" key sites, it's usually not this much cheaper.

>meanwhile overwatch is cheaper in blizzstore than any site

What the fuck.
>>
>>337937143
That happens sometimes. Just make sure you get insurance on the key if its nor legit.
>>
>>337937143
Don't all the keysites only sell the full price version with cosmetic shit that noone needs
>>
>>337935361
Nigger go fuck yourself, watching ants fight is fascinating
>>
>>337937301

Yeah i usually go with the insurance and only keys within euro no VPN fuckery since steam have been cracking down hard on Russian keys.

>>337934079

I really hope you can crank it up or maybe it looks like shit from the start. I haven't looked much on requirements but i got a decent rig that runs most modern games on max. And as said earlier at least it's not only through one CPU thread now.
>>
>>337937143

Green Man Gaming is legit and I've used it a bunch of times. There's a 20% off voucher I'm going to use.
>>
>>337924509
Attila was basically rome 2 with a new campaign and a few new mechanics, to fuck that up would be real difficult. But it still runs like ass
>>
>>337930118
It's to represent the tabletop sieges.

Basically you would wall off one half (or corner of the table if you had enough room) and try to breach the walls.
>>
>>337924416
There's Epic Space Marine/Epic 40k at TW scale. There just wouldn't be the "taking over districts" aspect unless you were to do a contrived 8-way planet fight like Dark Crusade or a planet hopping fight.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.