[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to finally play some Prince of Persia game - which one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: PrinceOfPersia.jpg (225 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
PrinceOfPersia.jpg
225 KB, 1024x768
I want to finally play some Prince of Persia game - which one is the best?
>>
You posted it
>>
Basically either one. I'm partial to the 2008 reboot myself, but even Warrior Within is playable if you just treat that game as a parody of the video game industry.

The platforming is sublime in all of them.
>>
File: 1351594649344.jpg (36 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
1351594649344.jpg
36 KB, 500x329
>tfw just remembered a guy in my fourth grade class talking about this game for show and tell
>>
>>337916336
The first one.
>>
File: 700.jpg (6 KB, 300x303) Image search: [Google]
700.jpg
6 KB, 300x303
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrDEwksdDoI
>>
play the original trilogy and you're golden
>>
>>337916750
>either
>there's like 10 of them
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>337916336
Play the Sands of Time trilogy, the first two, try 3D if you really want more and the 2008 reboot and its expansion.

>>337916750
Good taste.
>>
Any of them except for Forgotten Sands and PoP:3D.

Sands of Time is a good place to start.
>>
2 if you play it with no sound
>>
>>337918169
3d is great once you get used to the controls
>>
>>337918057
2008 reboot was pretty shit desu senpai.
>>
>>337918364
>>337918169
id never really thought about it but this is actually a really solid series, 3d is probably the worst one but its fun
>>
The Dahaka chases where so fun in WW
>>
>>337918483

Forgotten Sands isn't very good, but it was also basically a movie cash-in so you couldn't expect much.
>>
>>337916336
Two Thrones is best without any dispute.
>>
>>337916750
>even Warrior Within is playable

lol what kind of a faggot you have to be to not like this game?
>>
>>337918564
Two thrones is shit.
>>
>>337918551
It was fun but forgettable.

Sands of Time > Two Thrones > OG PoP > 2008 > The Forgotten Sands > Warrior Within > PoP 3D.

Never played OG PoP II.
>>
>>337918680

I thought Two Thrones was alright. It was basically more of the same shit.
>>
>>337918057
What the fuck, no it wasn't! It's a playable bedtime story, by far the best game in the series!

>337918551
That's wrong. Forgotten Sands has the most complex level design and platforming in the entire series.
>>
Warrior Within was the only one that was bordering on being a legitimately bad game due to the horrible pacing, flashy but incredibly shallow combat (that they spent way too much time on), horrible backtracking throughout half the game, and some of the worst bosses in any game ever made. All of this is amplified even more on hard difficulty. The rest were all great, especially Sands of Time, but you can really see the rush and lack of polish that was put into WW and TT, considering they were all a year apart back to back after Sands.

At least WW had an alright story.
>>
>>337918886

>Forgotten Sands has the most complex level design and platforming in the entire series.

The platforming feels like garbage. For whatever reason, they slowed it down so the Prince feels like he's moving through molasses.
>>
>>337918531
Yeah, unfortunately, they were some of the only good parts of that game.
>>
>>337918665
>what kind of edgy thirteen year old retard do you have to be to think that game is acceptable to any degree
fixed that for you
>>
>>337919076
yeah because at the time you played you were 30 years old, right?
oh wait, that is actually completely possible with all you faggots here.
>>
File: PoP.png (86 KB, 784x280) Image search: [Google]
PoP.png
86 KB, 784x280
>Tfw you beat WW 4+ times to see if you really hate it as much as you think you do, because you love the rest of the series so much.

Yup. Hate that game. Tried it on all three difficulties on PS3, and on normal on PS2. Such a stain on the series. Sorry to anyone who likes that game, but go play it now, it's a 6/10 game at best.
>>
How about this one?
>>
>>337919528
It has the best waifu.
>>
There is no 'best overall game', most have one thing they excel at and are mediocre or suck at others. Also, I'm only ranking the Ubi games, sans the Wii version of TFS, which is apparently also very good.

Story/atmosphere:
PoP 2008/SoT > WW > TFS > T2T

Gameplay (combat/platforming/boss fights):
WW > TFS (god-tier platforming with the water power, combat was meh) > T2T > SoT

Variety / level design:

T2T > SoT > WW > TFS > PoP 2008

Music:

SoT (DAT credits theme) > PoP 2008 > WW (unless you loathe Godsmack) > TFS/T2T (I can't remember a single track/theme from these)

I left 2008 out of this because it's more of an adventure game than a platforming/combat hybrid like the other Ubisoft PoP games. Too easy for most people, and a lot different from the SoT quadrilogy. It was my personal fav due to the art style, story, atmosphere and the relationship between Prince and Elika, I didn't even mind Nathan Drake being the protagonist.
>>
>>337919528
the worst one
>>
>>337919976
It's not the worst but it's not very good either.
>>
>>337919845
2008 was headed in the right direction with the combat, it just needed refinement.

The series original games all had 1v1 combat sections, and they were a lot of fun. If PoP could have gone back to good 1v1 combat sections in between platforming / trap avoiding sections it would have carved out its own place apart from Assassins creed.

Unfortunately, it didn't, and no new PoP games will be made because "Assassins Creed is basically PoP anyway, why do you need another one?"

Also, the DLC for 2008 was a further step in the right direction. It added more difficulty to the platforming, which was needed. If they could have made a legitimate sequel, I'm sure it would have caught on.
>>
>>337918364
I tried but it's so clunky.
>>
>>337919041
I liked the idea of a semi non-linear PoP game where you could use the platforming to explore and find new things. But WW's environments were just too grey, dull and boring. The combat was improved but most of the enemies have such cheap attacks that you can't dodge or block.
>>
>>337919528
i actually replayed it a while ago.

it's definetly not what you want as a prince of persia fan. but i have to give it to them when it comes to the artstyle

there were some absolutely gorgeus sights in that game, when you climbed a height or two.
>>
>>337920217
Also it wasn't really non linear at all. It's actually very linear. It just allows you to do pointless optional backtracking, in between forced backtracking.
>>
They're all awful
>>
>>337918414
I can understand why people don't like it, and I'll admit that I preferred the SoT trilogy it at first, but it's still my favourite.

>>337919528
Best waifu, top-tier artsyle, great story, atmospheric, nice scenery, interesting combo-focused combat without being overly challenging, it's just nice and easygoing. What's not to love?
>>
Has anyone played this one?
>>
>>337919528
C A R P E T S
T H I S
T H I C K
>>
>>337916336
SoT had best story/atmosphere
WW had best combat
TT had... QTEs
>>
>>337919528
SEQUEL NEVER
E
Q
U
E
L

N
E
V
E
R
>>
>>337918551
There's like 5 different games called "forgotten sands" and they're all completely different. I remember the wii one being really good.
>>
>>337916336
That shit is one of my favorite sagas, i recommend you play all of them, Sands of Time's combat are kinda shitty thoe, Warrior Within is really damn good, favorite one is Two Thrones, is the best by far.
>>
>>337916336
warrior within
>>
guys i really like these games i used to play them in xp but recently when i tried then in win7 i cant run them
and yes i have it pirated
>>
>>337920461
>it's still my favourite
>What's not to love?

So I guess I'll play this one first. I was torn between that and Sands of Time but since it's connected to its sequels, it's advised to play all 3 of them to get the whole story? In that case, I'd play them later (considering all of them seem to be praised here).
>>
I liked SoT but got stuck in the shitty elevator level. Fuck that shit. Never completed it.
>>
>>337919528

How to waste your budget on gimmicks 101
>>
>>337923689

You need to use your multiple-faggot kill time power and learn how to parry/riposte->instastabkillsuck.
>>
>>337920132

>It's not the worst

You're right.

>You remember all that combat and acrobatics of the previous games? Well, we removed all that and replaced it with MOBA AoEs!
>>
>>337923997
I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>337916336
the movie was shit
>>
Sands of Time > Two Thrones > Edgy Within

Didn't playa the 2008 reboot.
>>
>>337916336
Sands of Time is probably the best one.
PoP (2008) was my favorite though.
>>
I only ever played the first one.

Loved it, but it ended as such a great place I never found the motivation to continue after all the mixed reviews for the sequel.
>>
File: Prince of Persia 2.jpg (400 KB, 1500x1179) Image search: [Google]
Prince of Persia 2.jpg
400 KB, 1500x1179
>>337924789
Everyone says this, but I enjoyed it.

I always thought this song would've fit well in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUcMvve0fe4
>>
Sands of Time, definitely. The characters are great (especially Prince/Farah banter is fun to listen to), the platforming is good, combat is okay. Has a very nice artstyle.

Warrior Within improved the combat, but the lovely aesthetic is replaced with grimdark corridors. Personally I wasn't that disappointed with the game, it's not bad, just not as good as the other PoPs.

Two Thrones tried to do a bit of both but ends up not excelling in either area. Still, it's a pretty good game, and has a nice ending scene that completes the circle.

PoP 2008 is beautiful to look at, but very repetitive and lacks challenge.

Never played the others.
>>
>>337917742
you mean first from the original trilogy or The Sands of Time?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.