[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm pretty sure squenix went to the new writer and pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: forcedwaifubullshit.jpg (44 KB, 400x338) Image search: [Google]
forcedwaifubullshit.jpg
44 KB, 400x338
So, I'm pretty sure squenix went to the new writer and pretty much told him
>Just fuck the first game up senpai.
>>
>>337914589
The contracted the 10 best comedians of the country and locked them in a room. They brainstormed for hours and came up withe the best running gag ever. Edea likes eating tasty food. LOL
>>
I will never get over how they turned Magnolia from a ba'al buster into Yu's cumsleeve.
>>
Do I need to play the first game to understand Bravely Second's story?
>>
>>337914589
They specifically fired the last writers and put a "team" of writers.
>>
>>337916443
Kinda.
But more importantly you have to play the first game to understand why everyone is so disappointed with the direction the story in the second game took.
>>
>>337916597
Not that the story of the first game was good, but at least the characters had some chemistry, the tone was consistent and the dialogue was more than food jokes.
>>
Why does Wizard feel so much stronger than Black Mage
>>
The first game stinger makes you think Magnolia is the new MC and Tiz on the future, the actual sequel fucks that by only making two years pass and degrading magnolia to simple boring girls obsessed with new MC.
The fact they specifically dired the previous writer and put a "team" of writers fucked everything.
>>
>>337917242
Because it is.
>>
>>337917058
The plot itself was shit but the setting was well crafted.
>>
>>337918261
>a whole fucking Empire that didn't exist in the previous games appears out of nowhere in two years
>Gathelatio is a huge port city in Eternia that is still active, even though Eternia being separated from the rest of the world until the invention of the airships was a plot point in the first game
>Yulyana, of the two most powerful figures in the world isn't even mentioned
>an ancient evil nipponese ghost boss drops an asterisk, even though those were supposed to be made by Yulyana to distribute to Eternians/The Church's workers
>not only celestials are in the game, the celestial God (YHVH) is, and is as evil as the infernal God of Destruction
>etc
The only more or less decent bit of lore the B-team introduced to the game's world was expanding on the Great Plague.
>>
>>337919065
It's implied Yulyana is dead if I recall.
>>
>>337919065
Yulyana did get mentioned. Also we never know what is exactly asterisk. The next game probably about asterisk, what they are and how they were made.
>>
>>337919065
Actually I was talking about the first game.
But yeah, at one point I was positive the game would've pulled off a "parallel dimension" plot device and the reason why everything was so different was because it was literally another world.
Instead it went really REALLY meta with the 4th wall, BD did it losely probably just to satisfy Nitnendo and their streetpass/wireless fetish but BS was pure cringe especially in the end.

>>337919391
He better be, otherwise someone's wife is getting raped when he finds the abusives in his home.
>>
>>337919548
The next game is probably some absolutely wild OC about the interdimensional police set in a brand new world, not Luxendarc, with 200% more anime cliches.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.