[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
R.I.P Homefront R.I.P Deep Silver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: Cip4YEjWsAAKt3B.jpg (33 KB, 425x310) Image search: [Google]
Cip4YEjWsAAKt3B.jpg
33 KB, 425x310
R.I.P Homefront
R.I.P Deep Silver
>>
That's fine, they were never good.
>>
I have to ask why the fuck they kept forcing this series. The first game bombed even though it had a ton of marketing, they shelled out for a hollywood writer, they did everything to push the game. It still sold like shit.

So they naturally made a sequel to a game that sold poorly and was critically panned by vidya journos and actual players, and that bombed. Then they made another. Fucking why?
>>
>>337911772
Deep Silver is publisher king when it comes to doing this. I expect Ride To Hell 2 any day now.
>>
The first game I got on the 360 when it was out years ago. Was linear as fuck and yes was fun for an hour. After that it was too repetitive so I didnt hold out hope for this
>>
File: fps_evolution.jpg (78 KB, 250x447) Image search: [Google]
fps_evolution.jpg
78 KB, 250x447
>>337910872
F P S
P
S
>>
>>337910872
How is Deep Shit still alive? Do they launder money?
>>
>>337910872
Not gonna lie, I didn't even know they were making another one until like 2 days ago. Wasn't this one of the games that bombed thq? Who would want it?
>>
North Korea is able to successfully absorb South Korea because reasons, not even China would allow this to happen and side with the South Koreans.

Then this magical unified Korea is able to shut down the entire continental United States defenses and have an occupying force, transferred through the ocean hundreds of miles away, to take over a country 20x as large as their own.

This is the plot of Homefront. What total shite. Alternate history where Germany never unified and the Soviets got stronger would more interesting than either HomeFront games. How do people eat up this fucking garbage?
>>
File: err546689.jpg (57 KB, 757x565) Image search: [Google]
err546689.jpg
57 KB, 757x565
Who though after Homefront that "we have the golden concept, if only we could execute it right".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7gBDWhxKWU
North korea, the technocracy sells shit, including weapons, to US with a backdoor and then occupies them destroying the american way of life. Fight to get your freedom back!

Fucking wat.
>>
>>337912610
At least the original concept was slightly believable, when it was China invading.
>>
>>337912657
It's understandable that someone thought it might sell since your average American faps to the fantasy of fighting a "righteous" war on their home soil.
>>
OP. you do realize Depp Sliver didn't invest anywhere near as much money into Homefront as THQ did right?

Not to mention, they aren't losing money right now so they arent' gonna die anytime soon.
>>
>>337912610
>North Korea
>doing anything
Somebody got paid to write that.
>>
>>337912657
>They changed the story from the previous game and made it even more unbelievably retarded
>>
>>337911879
This.

Are there any Deep Silver games that are actually good?
>>
R.I.P Crytek too.
>>
Didn't the first homefront have decent MP?
>>
>>337912750
I'm tired of China ruining everything because people pander to them.
>>
>>337913852
Crytek was actually the only winner in this scenario.
>>
>>337910872
The real comedy is that anybody actually paid money for the rights to Homefront.
>>
>>337914170
>got the rights for cheap from dying THQ
>started developing the game
>realized that its shit
>Deep Silver asks if they can take it over
>Crytek not only sells the game but also the entire studio developing it to Deep Silver

Maybe they even made plus.
>>
You can tell this game couldn't even afford a third-party marketing firm because there's no "/v/ was wrong", "Why is it so good?", "Is it just misunderstood?" type threads.
>>
>>337911772
This is the second game, anon. Not like it changes anything, with UC4 selling like hotcakes and DOOM/Overwatch taking both the SP & MP shooter crowds this has no chance.
>>
Did they at least do another metal bands cover political songs album?
>>
File: bz.gif (935 KB, 200x154) Image search: [Google]
bz.gif
935 KB, 200x154
>>337910872
>bankrupted THQ
>now it's gonna bankrupt Deep Silver

Holy shit, this series is the Afghanistan of video games.
>>
File: nick 1.jpg (3 KB, 124x116) Image search: [Google]
nick 1.jpg
3 KB, 124x116
>>337910872
>North Korea
>having a real military

North Korea is just a crybully with lots of artillery and shitty WW2-era nukes. In a fair fight they would lose to even a shitty European country's military.
>>
>>337914532
No clue, nothing like that was used in any trailers/previews that I've seen.
>>
>>337914689
Who should buy it next and make the sequel?

Gearbox?
>>
>>337914361
Don't forget the ever-memorable

"You have 10 seconds to explain why you are not getting this game" threads

Random-ass threads talking about the original Homefront game like everyone had just played it yesterday or some such shit.

rule 34 threads and threads full of pictures of cute north korean female soldiers

webm threads that just so happen to start with a clip from Homefront

Honestly the less I see a game posted on /v/, the more likely I am to play it.
>>
This came out???
>>
>>337914847
Plenty of good games get shilled desu, that seems like a silly policy.
>>
File: 1459994534152.png (133 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1459994534152.png
133 KB, 500x282
>game uses your city in the setting
>game is terrible
>>
>>337915008
Drops today, apparently.

Seriously the most notable thing about this is how hard it's being hidden from people knowing about its release
>>
>>337914759
Ubisoft, hopefully.
>>
>>337914759
EA
>>
A cis white man kill a nigger woman within the first 10 minutes. Which is why the reviewers hate this game
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.