[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Just finished playing Fallout NV, charisma build fun as hell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10
File: vault boy frown.png (84 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
vault boy frown.png
84 KB, 512x512
>Just finished playing Fallout NV, charisma build fun as hell
>Go onto Fallout 4 and try out charisma build
>Charisma's only use is getting more caps out of a job, can no longer persuade yourself out of fights or trick others for disastrous outcomes
>Not even given the option to be evil, instead you're forced to be a worrying father that says yes to everything

Jesus fuck, how can they dumb it down so much?
>>
>>337903998
>Go onto Fallout 4
Yea that's where you went wrong
>>
because muh casual market

can we just have a new vegas thread instead? I have some questions and I'd like an opinion
not to derail your thread or anything
>>
>>337903998
The dumber the game, the more amount of dumb people can play it. Basically my man, it all comes down to $$$
>>
>>337903998
Many of us were informed before the release of 4 that 90% of the content would be removed. Why did you buy the game and fuel the retardation of Todd?
>>
File: 1459893701183.jpg (60 KB, 549x441) Image search: [Google]
1459893701183.jpg
60 KB, 549x441
>SPECIAL can be increased so in the end you can be a literal god with 10s everywhere
>no stats
>customizable weapons still boil down to just getting the most damage and that's it
>shitty base building that adds nothing at all to the game asides from shitty infinite quests
>all factions are retarded, with Minutemen being the least fucked up in the head
>storyline is mostly shit
>low amount of side quests, and only a few being actually interesting
>fucking kid locked in a fridge for 200 years
>Gunners attacking you for no real reason, can't even negotiate with them or anything
>>
>>337904196
Because I fell for the hype, got 150 hours out of it at least. I don't even know why I played it that much, guess I was trying to get a feel of Fallout again in that pile of shit.
>>
I GOT SPURS
>>
>>337904242
Also,

>shitty Borderlands loot system
>shitty Borderlands death animations
>>
File: 1463136710484.png (180 KB, 430x422) Image search: [Google]
1463136710484.png
180 KB, 430x422
>>337903998
>Charisma's only use is getting more caps out of a job, can no longer persuade yourself out of fights or trick others for disastrous outcomes

Talk down Trudy/Wolfgang

Can get Skinny Malone and his gf to kill each other or let you go free

Can change how you handle the Cooke/Pembroke quest, and shbsequent outcome where Malcom hires goons to kill you

3 within the first hour of game. Not to mention n Intimidation/Wasteland Whisperer bui!d wherd you get enemies to kill each other

FO4 has issues but you dont have to lie
>>
>>337904087
Whatever I'm just gonna ask then.

Anyone play that Freeside Open mod for NV? The one that adds in a ton of shit like squatter camps and pickpockets and generally tries to make it like how they envisioned. I was wondering if it's worth it because I'd need to start a whole new game since it breaks big time if you just slap it on to an existing save.
>>
>>337904438
>legendary enemies that ALWAYS mutate unless you kill them quick enough
>legendary weapons are just normal looking weapons but WITH A STAR and usually a really useless trait
>but if it's a good trait it makes the game fucking easy
>characters present close to 0 facial emotions and move their mouth in a weird way
>>
>>337904242
You can get max god builds in 3 and NV too.
>>
Voicing the protagonist was a terrible idea. Adds nothing to the game, since they gave him an incredibly bland personality, but added a massive logistical hassle to having varied conversation options, which they "solved" by making almost all of the dialogue options exactly the same
>>
>>337903998
consolse gamers are retards thats why it has to be dumbed down and your hand held and a little floating marker over everything
>>
>>337904489
Are you stupid or something? Leveling up Charisma is only good for supply lines if you are going to play basebuilding

FO4's charisma checks are % based, and they even let you quicksave/quickload during conversations, so you can bruteforce your way by loading the game before the charisma check in case you fail and try again

It's a retarded system they implemented in FO3 but slightly better, still horrible by RPG standards
>>
>Dumbed down everything again
>But this time theres like more available pieces of armour !!!
GOING BACK TO THEIR ROOTS
>>
>>337904783
Some aren't even percentage based. The speech check for getting into the library will always work
>>
>>337904783
>not playing survival mode
>save scumming in general

Found the casual
>>
>>337904865
FO4 has to be the most casual pandering game i've ever seen on my life, what's the consequence to fail a charisma check in this game? Absolutely nothing

During Cait's companion quest, you have to convince her to use the stupid machine that will cure her chems addiction. You get 3 charisma at the same time, what happens if you somehow fail all 3? Another option appears wich is an instant bypass making the previous charisma checks fucking useless.

Oh, and frustration mode, where you can only sleep in beds to save, good luck if you were unfortunate enough to go for a melee build in this retarded mode because you are going to be reloading your game a lot
>>
>>337905476
>expecting any less from Bethesda, who have been lobotomizing their games since ES:IV
>>
I'm waiting for sex mods.
>>
File: 1349763404969.gif (34 KB, 800x399) Image search: [Google]
1349763404969.gif
34 KB, 800x399
>>337903998
>Fallout NV, charisma build fun as hell
I don't believe you because Charisma doesn't fucking do anything

>2 shitty perks
>+DR/DMG for Companions
Not remotely what I'd call "fun"
>>
>>337906045
I can't wait for Bethesda's next game! It's only going to have two buttons to make it easier for me, move forward and attack!
>>
>>337906609
10/10 IGN, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamespot
GOTY
>>
File: 1450386296231.png (224 KB, 413x413) Image search: [Google]
1450386296231.png
224 KB, 413x413
>>337903998

Why would you go on the internet and just tell straight up lies, anon?
>>
>>337906584
OP was probably referring to the speech skill as well which has countless uses in NV.
>>
>>337904649
You can easily max out your skills in New Vegas, but certainly not your SPECIAL. This is because SPECIAL have a much bigger importance on the overall gameplay
>>
File: someone approved this.jpg (3 MB, 2049x3050) Image search: [Google]
someone approved this.jpg
3 MB, 2049x3050
>>337905476
>FO4 has to be the most casual pandering game i've ever seen on my life, what's the consequence to fail a charisma check in this game? Absolutely nothing

Not really, it's more about Bethesda not wanting to make RPGs anymore but have to because of the legacy. Oblivion, for all the mainstream-friendly cuts and stupid moves Bethesda made, was still an RPG at its core, while Skyrim seems to be embarrassed of that fact and would really just want to be an action adventure instead. They took out stats in Skyrim, they took out skills and merged them with Perks in Fallout 4. What's next on the cutting board? But hey, mouth breathers will be happy as long as their little sandbox Barbey house is there and they can character meaningless characters.
>>
>>337907115
Yeah right. Can max out a skill in a few levels and then you're pretty much death incarnate, but muh SPECIAL totally matters guys
>>
>>337907270
Yes they do. Have you even played the game? There are SPECIAL checks all over the place.
>>
>>337907108
Then OP is an idiot because Speech and Charisma have so little to do with each other you can have 100 Speech on a 1 CHA character with absolutely no drawbacks
>>
thanks for persuading me not to get 4!
>>
>>337907403
Did you really need more persuasion? It was literally the fastest Bethesda game people ever cooled off on, especially telling because this is the age of casuals.
>>
>>337907332
Most of which you'll pass if you're not going for a ridiculous 1INT build, making them utterly redundant. Especially when you can max SPECIAL too anyway.

Its a meaningless distinction.
>>
File: 1463181137647.jpg (102 KB, 640x499) Image search: [Google]
1463181137647.jpg
102 KB, 640x499
>>337903998
Is this a meme or can I really get around only talking shit in FNV? Because the only Fallout game that I played was 4 and was shit. I want to try a build like this in __3__.
>>
>>337907663
Mostly, yes. Its also boring as shit.

Characters make complete 180s in their points of view because of one or two lines from you, even if they were dead set on doing something.
>>
>>337907765
>Characters make complete 180s in their points of view because of one or two lines from you, even if they were dead set on doing something.

so typical rpg?
>>
File: oMpzE8G.webm (1 MB, 276x496) Image search: [Google]
oMpzE8G.webm
1 MB, 276x496
>>337907765
That's ok, knowing that I can convince others is enough for me, thank you!
>>
>>337907915
No.

It worked with characters like the Master because you had to find the evidence, present it logically to him, and use your brain.

In New Vegas, it boils down to "Yeah, you don't want to do that" jedi mind tricks.

its shit.
>>
>>337907931
FUCKING saved
>>
>>337906045
>who have been lobotomizing their games since ES:IV

To be fair that started with Morrowind.
>>
File: Random encounters.gif (287 KB, 609x862) Image search: [Google]
Random encounters.gif
287 KB, 609x862
>>337908035
>>
>>337908283
true but that came with the shift into 3d, something like DF couldn't be done yet
>>
>>337903998
Because they stamped down interesting parts of the game until they could fit through the pigeon bole of a broad market who are scared of their own farts if they sounded a demitone higher than usual
>>
>>337908283
Not really. Morrowind did a nice equivalent exchange thing content-wise compared to Daggerfall.
>>
>>337903998
>charisma build
hahaha. Charisma is a dump stat. Max out your INT and you can put more skill points in speech and barter.
>>
>>337908854
Morrowind made equally questionable design decisions, but nobody seems to harp on about them.

Almost like there are some kind of goggles involved.
>>
>>337909058
Because it's not the same thing. Morrowind still kept the overall feeling of Elder Scrolls game, FO4 didn't by turning it into a Borderlands clone.
Imagine if Morrowind was all about exploring randomly generated dungeons with no freeroam on surface, that'd be a fitting comparison of dumbing down.
>>
>>337904523
It is
But the mid bugs sometimes so save often if free side
>>
File: 1447087089_14470852351050.jpg (104 KB, 614x1188) Image search: [Google]
1447087089_14470852351050.jpg
104 KB, 614x1188
Fallout 4 is actually a good game. But not a good Fallout game
>>
>>337904289
>cent cinquante heures
how much of that was actual, genuine enjoyment instead of constant, upbeat anticipation of the actual, genuine enjoyment waiting just behind the next corner?
>>
>>337903998
>Jesus fuck, how can they dumb it down so much?
They did not dumb it down. They just did exactly what they had been doing since Oblivion. Fallout New Vegas was an Obsidian game with an Obsidian design and writing. Also, it did far worse than Fallout 3 and got a lot worse scoring. There was literally no fucking reason in the universe Bethesda, who frankly does not have the talent to pull something else off anyway, to try to emulate strategy of a less successful spin-off done by an entirely different studio rather than doing again what has been incredibly commercially successful strategy for almost ten years.

>>337909058
Morrowind did questinable decisions, but they were justified by a greater development vision. They wanted to expand on what was best in Daggerfall: the universe, their design was motivated by inhancing immersion and expanding systems that worked well. The game changes were not motivated by simply pandering to dumber audience.

Daggerfall was completely broken game for the most part. Things they removed really weren't benefiting the title. The same can't be said about most changes Oblivion did.
>>
>>337912613
It's a good shit game
>>
what NV mods should I get?
I want some pimpin cool armor and hats
doesn't matter if they don't provide any useful combat stuff. I just chug drugs anyway
>>
>>337904242
>fucking kid locked in a fridge for 200 years
everything about that is so incredibly stupid the game should have lost 10% score from that alone.
>>
>>337904242
>>SPECIAL can be increased so in the end you can be a literal god with 10s everywhere
you can do that since FO2
>>
>>337903998
>how can they dumb it down so much?

"they" are not the same devs
>>
>Fallout 3
>be worrying Son looking for his Father

>Fallout 4
>be worrying Father looking for his Son

>Fallout 5
>????????????????????????????????????????

Well /v/?
>>
>>337904196
This IS the golden age of gaming.
>>
>>337914967
>>Fallout 5
>>????????????????????????????????????????
Be worried spouse looking for his/her partner, or worried sibling looking for his other sibling.
>>
>>337914967
Father looking for his wife's son.
>>
>>337914967

>A demi-genered quadro dyke fart kin looking for their non-binary parent unit
>>
>>337907369
if your charisma is too low, some people won't talk to you at all

but i agree with you, op meant speech/barter skills and he's a faggot
>>
>>337903998
well there is that one time when after you kill a guy and rob his mafia partner, the mafia boss tells the guys father it was you, you can convince that father that it was the mafia guy and he gives you a quest to kill him, which is convenient because the mafioso is demanding you pay him 2k caps for the damage

there were a few small interactions like that, but mostly charisma is just to build settlements
>>
>>337908030
this desu, changing the mind of that legatus or whatever his title was at the very end is complete bullshit, are you telling me that he was so braindead that some courser telling him
>nu-uh logistics
is enough to convince him to wrap up the whole war and leave? it shouldnt possible to change some peoples mind
>>
why does the sun go on shining
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.