[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, now that the dust has settled, we can all at the very least
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: Mgs4us_cover_small.jpg (18 KB, 294x339) Image search: [Google]
Mgs4us_cover_small.jpg
18 KB, 294x339
So, now that the dust has settled, we can all at the very least agree that this is easily the worst game in the series, right? One of the worst sequels ever and definitely the biggest destruction of a series story in video game history.
>>
File: 2ppf13twuz2.jpg (124 KB, 576x1598) Image search: [Google]
2ppf13twuz2.jpg
124 KB, 576x1598
Without a doubt
>>
Neo-/v/ unironically believes this game is good now and they think MGS V is worse
Don't bother
>>
sure, whatever, I don't care anymore
>>
I never played a Metal Gear game in my life and when i was young i bought this game randomly because i heard how it was the second coming of Christ.

All i can say is i remember pretty much nothing about this game and thought the controls sucked. I usually play games more than once but i couldn't with this, it was too boring.
>>
Yeah, it's complete trash
It goes 3 > 1 > V > 2 > PW >>>>>>>>>>> 4
>>
>>337893648
PO and PW are worse, in my opinion.
>>
It's a fucking disaster of a game and the people that started coming in and defending it now because of the MGS equivalent of the Zelda Cycle are fucking embarrassing.
I imagine none of them played the game at release and just played through it quickly while doing their newfag series marathon in preparation for MGS V. That's the only explanation I have as to why anyone would pretend this is anything above tragedy status.
>>
File: 1462390975936.png (10 KB, 205x154) Image search: [Google]
1462390975936.png
10 KB, 205x154
>>337893950
where do you live
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
>>337893648
One of the best boss fights in history.

Everything else is mey
>>
>>337894003
>>>>>>>>>>> 4
If nothing else, I agree with this. One > is not enough.
>>
/v/ believes that 3 is the best, usually.

So yeah, believe what you will. Since only autists think that.
>>
I liked it.
>>337894129
>I imagine none of them played the game at release and just played through it quickly while doing their newfag series marathon in preparation for MGS V. That's the only explanation I have as to why anyone would pretend this is anything above tragedy status.
Shit. This is exactly what I did.
>>
I don't get it, MGS4 was fantastic and MGS3 is completely overrated.

MGS4 > MGS 2 > MGS1 > MGS5 > MGS3 > PW > PO
>>
File: 1459430528993.png (791 KB, 900x1177) Image search: [Google]
1459430528993.png
791 KB, 900x1177
MGS3 > MGS > MG2 > MGS2 > MGSV > MGS4 > MPO > PW > MG
>>
>>337894305
Shit. Pretty good list.
>>
File: barf.jpg (82 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
barf.jpg
82 KB, 680x680
>>337894276
There's really only one proper reaction to this post
>>
>>337894276
gr8 b8 m8, no h8, i r8 it 8 out of 8
>>
File: no gun.png (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
no gun.png
59 KB, 500x500
>>337894276
You did not play the first two games??
>>
Its pretty much universally excepted by most people its garbage. The whole meme thats its a movie is accurate. Considering the game has the world record for longest single cutscene and longest series of cutscenes in the ending. I believe it was a little over 8 hours of cutscenes and thats not even counting optional codec stuff.

It literally had more cutscenes than gameplay and the story was so nonsensical even by MGS standards, Kojima didn't even want to make the game he wanted it to be done at MGS2.
>>
>>337894664
Not only did it have more cutscenes than gameplay, the vast majority of the gameplay was trash.
Remember great sequences such as the uneventful trek through Shadow Moses that might as well have been a walking simulator? Or the chase in Prague where absolutely nothing happens and it's like some indie game you'd see for free on Steam.
Or the 2 minute long stealth sequence in the final act.
Or the microwave hall, now that's real gameplay.
And of course, a moving turret section because everyone loves those.
Every time I'm reminded of MGS 4, I lose a bit of my soul.
>>
>>337895003
>Remember great sequences such as the uneventful trek through Shadow Moses that might as well have been a walking simulator?
I like to shit on this game too, but this is not fair. There was a lot of stealthing here, you were chased by a gekko, had to defend the Mk II, ghost hunt, two or three boss fights, if you count fending off exploding gekkos, the stupid death of Naomi, the awesome MG Rex vs MG Ray.

The chase in Prague is also damn short if you know what you are doing.
>>
>>337895324
I'm talking about the boring part where you just go around looking at shit from the first game while some stupid nostalgic cutscene starts playing and then you go around the complex very easily stealthing through the dumb ass robots that can be completely obliterated with chaff grenades and are a joke.
>>
>>337895450
For a huge MGS1 fan like me all this fanservice and nostalgia was pretty great. You can criticize the fanservice as much as you want, but it was done in an excellent way.

All the music, "just like the good old times", little cutscenes, dialogue showed that Kojima still loved this series, I believe.
>>
>>337895921
Cannot disagree with you more. It was complete shallow and soulless pandering.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.