[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm usually someone who doesn't get mad about games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: rocketleague.jpg (521 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rocketleague.jpg
521 KB, 1920x1080
I'm usually someone who doesn't get mad about games and can understand why people will like something I don't, but I cannot understand why people orgasm over Rocket League so hard other than attributing it to mass insanity. Even when I win I hate it. It's a fun vacuum with controls that actively fight against you.
Every camera option given to you is horrible. This is a game in which precision and aim is crucial, but the camera actively punishes you from making any kind of minute adjustment; the moment the ball approaches you, the camera moves itself, and any adjustment of aim completely changes your course. Some cases I suddenly find myself driving away from the ball. I probably end up making contact with the thing less than ten times in an entire game. Manual camera is no better. Every way you can aim your hits is faulty in a game where aiming your hits is the #1 priority.
Every moment the ball pops straight up is a clusterfuck, and every team member is reduced to reversing and advancing over and over, and whoever manages to hit the ball usually sends it nowhere near where they wanted it to go. The devs have had multiple tries at this game premise, and they still haven't gotten it right, the only difference is that this time it marketed well for whatever reason, and now I have people droning in my ear in person and on the internet about how great all the bonuses and different modes are being implemented on a game that is broken at its very core. I don't care that there;ll be basketball DLC, because control is still awful. I can't even just quietly avoid playing it, because any time I end up in a group of people who like video games, the first fucking thing they wanna play is Rocket League, and they wanna play it for hours and hours and I have to tag along. I would seriously rather play a trashy CoD game. At least there, while there's plenty of cheap mechanics, the controls don't actively prevent you from aiming your gun.

It's really fucking bad, you guys.
>>
>>337890246
Did you think someone would read this?
>>
>>337890246
>It's a fun vacuum with controls that actively fight against you.
>Every camera option given to you is horrible.

translation: I suck at videogames
>>
Have you considered that you may be getting matched with scrubs who have a similar skill level to you? Git gud, and you'll get matched with better players.

Anticipate the ball's movement. Not just so you'll know what Ball Cam is about to do, but so you can actually intercept the dang thing.

NEVER be on the ground directly below the ball. If you're down there, drive away and let a teammate with a better shot than you go after it.
>>
i don't understand it's popularity either

i mean it's okay i guess and kinda fun for 10 minutes

but people saying it's the best gaming experience they had in decade just baffle me
>>
>>337890246
git gud
>>
>>337891483
This, played it for maybe 8-10 hours straight, then it suddenly became boring as fuck, and haven't touched it since. It was pretty fun but GOAT best game ever made? Not really. Maybe it's more fun with friends or something.
>>
>>337891403
I have played over 15 hours worth, almost entirely locally. I am anticipating the ball's movement. You have to move at a different angle to get in the right placement before moving towards the ball, and the instant I do that ball-cam fucks me over. Even when I'm mostly stationary the same shit happens, making cars useless at defense as well.

I do try to get away from an airball, and most times that just means that the ball goes further away from me, and I'm useless to the team for about 15 seconds.

Don't try the git gud shit with me, even when I win I feel like trash.

>>337891296
>It's your fault you can't deal with the horrible controls, brah
I just realized it was my fault all along that I disliked Superman 64.
>>
this is git gud moment, OP
if you look at pro videos online, you'll see exactly how this game is meant to be played, and why you're bad for thinking it's the game and not you.
>>
If you think Rocket League controls badly try playing the first game (Supersonic Acrobatic you know what fuck it).

It's almost unplayable with an even worse camera that consistently jerks around and awful controls. Rocket League plays like a dream by comparison. Thank god it's like 3 fucking dollars now because I wouldn't pay any more for that piece of shit

Anyway I think mainly its popularity stems from the massive drought of decent PS+ games which gave it a boost because of its production values and core premise given more advertising.

Also holy shit format your post I'm straining my fucking eyes reading that.
>>
>>337892745
But yeah the basketball game mode is fucking shit. Extremely frustrating to play.
>>
>>337892393
this tbqfh
>>
>>337890246
If you can't have fun in a room of people all wanting to play Rocket League then I have to believe that you are the fun vampire.

The camera is kinda crappy, yes but if you are playing with friends locally that should barely matter. Video games are about fun.
>>
>>337891295
I skipped the shit outta of it
>>
>>337890246
>I probably end up making contact with the thing less than ten times in an entire game.
I recommend you git gud, that's a uselessly low number for someone who claims to have played 15 hours
>>
>>337892202
>over 15 hours
>locally
Watch out guys, we got a pro over here.
>>
>>>337890246
i can't have fun guys
>>
Do the tutorials you retards.
>>
>>337892202
>even when I win I feel like trash.

there's your problem, don't blame video games for your self esteem problems
>>
>>337890246
nobody forces you to play it if you dont like it, you fucking retard

instead of whining about it on the internet how about you uninstall it and play a game that you enjoy instead huh?
>>
>>337890246
>ball pops straight up
You know the cars fly right?
>>
>it's an OP doesn't know about ball cam and camera management in rocket league

I usually hate the git gud faggots, but holy shit fucking git gud you pathetic loser
>>
>>337891295
>>337892987
I was about to but then I opened the thread and realized I didn't care enough to find out why someone didn't like the game
>>
>>337890246
I understood why people liked it, a fun easy to play game with friends. Then I found out it costs 20 bucks and I'm in the dark again.
>>
>>337894617
I paid $10 when it was on sale and have invested over 300+ hours into it.

the game is very rewarding for people that put in the effort to get good.
>>
>>337894821
I forgot sales were a thing. I assume it's been in humble bundles by now too or something.
>>
>>337892202
except the controls are great, they work fine for me, and i hardly ever hear others complain
>>
>>337890246
Have you not seen the RLCS? These people are flying and manage to make the ball go exactly where they intend. I've seen some amazing goals over the weekend.

I think you just suck at the game, OP. That's fine but don't slam a game because you're unable to play it properly.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.