[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much to make a respectable pc? Honestly don't want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1452698262215.jpg (60 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1452698262215.jpg
60 KB, 600x500
How much to make a respectable pc? Honestly don't want to spend a lot and I'm a console cuck. If I spent a bunch I want to be able to make money with it.

I've got a friend who'll help me select parts but I have no idea what I want really.

I want to just play games with my friends don't really care because I'm so used to consoles and have fun , they moved on from consoles.

I can't pirate because Comcast will get on to me. So what do?

Also do you have to pay for virus protection these days?
>>
>>337885467
Her videos are pretty fucking good.
>>
Retards will tell you $300-$400 but $700-$800 is probably the absolute lowest you can go for decent mid range build.
>>
You sound either 6 or 60, it's amazing.
>>
>>337885467
>Also do you have to pay for virus protection these days?
No. Virus protection is for when you're a dumbass who doesn't understand basic giveaways.
No virus protection. Never had a virus.
As for the computer, looking for something that's cheap as fuck, yet, alright, this is a good starter point.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/F9hP3C
I don't actually know what your threshold for "good" is though.
>>
- $2000
- just buy Alienware
- you don't need friends
- steal from gamestop
- get a hdmi cable with virus protection
>>
>>337885651
Bit of both to be honest.
>>
>>337885665
I've been console cuck my whole life so my standards aren't high.
>>
>>337885601
Yep too bad she retired. She was genuinely a nice person also.
>>
>>337885963
Yeah well that's a pretty good pc. To be honest I'd put more ram in it, maybe get a cheaper case, but that's just me.
In the long run, you usually pay less anyway since you're not shelling out for online, and there's alot more sales.
>>
>>337886105
I don't play online at all.
>>
File: 1450228588882.png (325 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
1450228588882.png
325 KB, 382x417
>>337886286
>I want to just play games with my friends

>I don't play online at all.
>>
File: 1459722421137.jpg (98 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
1459722421137.jpg
98 KB, 504x470
>>337886474
On console I don't play online my pc is dead as fuck I'm posting on a phone.
>>
>>337886474
>>337886642
Like I said they went to pc. I only hang out with them once a week and I'd like to play vidya with them.
>>
>>337886804
Yeah the list I posted will probs do you just fine. It's a little behind, but it works pretty good.
Mine's only a little better. Has trouble running new big AAA releases but still.
>>
I haven't used a pc in the past 3 years at all and have completely forgot how to use one apart from Google and shit.
>>
>>337885467
The budget PC I'm building right now sounds right up your alley anon. I picked out the cheapest parts possible while still having an entry level gaming pc.

Keep in mind you will only be able to get about 720p at the most out of this system with low-medium settings.

Amd A8 7600- Has integrated graphics which is usually frowned upon but in this combo it will actually be passable.

Get at least 8gb of 2133mhz ram and make sure to get a cheap $50 motherboard that supports it.
(The faster the ram if your using the on-board graphics the better performance and fps you get)

Get a EVGA or Corsair power supply and at least a 1 TB HDD. You can also get a small SSD to install your OS and games, programs, etc. for faster boot times.

Lastly, just get a nice case you like and since you'll be using the on-board graphics you will save quite a bit of money from not buying a dedicated GPU.

This will be a somewhat console tier PC.
>>
>>337887139
That's just a somewhat worse version of the one I showed.
>>
>>337887268
Its not going to be near as good, but it will be almost $100 cheaper if price was an issue.
>>
I have a 1000 but if I invest that much I better be able to make money out of it.

I've got a family member who builds pc's regularly see what he says and maybe he could give some prudent advice or build one for me.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.