[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So apparently this came out today.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (45 KB, 374x468) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
45 KB, 374x468
So apparently this came out today.
>>
>>337880521
Oh God Homefront 1 was the worst FPS I think I've ever played. It had no redeeming qualities, not even a 'so bad it's good' or cringe worthy laughy moments or anything memorable about it at all except it's middle of the road, unoriginal fucking awful gameplay, story, controls and atmosphere.
There is no way this could be any better.
>>
>>337880770
This isn't any better. Think far cry 3 but in a war torn city. Boring, bland, etc.

This IP has no grounds, or value.
>>
This shit is so under the radar I had to check the Steam page to see if you were bullshitting me.
>>
>>337880923
Why do people bother?
Why did a studio put resources into this?
Ugh.
>>
>>337880923
> no grounds of value

paranoid anti-asian fantasy. "North Korean Pacific Empire" is so laughable you have to wonder if the writers were straight out of highschool.
>>
>>337880957
No it's out man. Saw a Redbox ad on my way to the grocery store. Was shocked since I thought it was vaporware.
>>337881043
Shit writers with no imagination try to make a AAA game. No wonder THQ got their shit kicked in.
>>
The trailer looked well done.
>>
>>337881045
Wouldn't be surprised. Guess they tried to be unique but fell flat on their faces.
>>
>AA game in a generation where they literally don't exist
What the fuck is this game.
>>
File: 1463438707102.png (1 MB, 1366x800) Image search: [Google]
1463438707102.png
1 MB, 1366x800
>>337880521
Battle born came out a couple of days ago as well, I think the division came out like 2 months ago too
Do people still play those games?
>>
>>337880770
Homefront multiplayer was really fun
>>
>>337881485
Is this sarcasm? My autism is not picking it up.
>>
>>337881608
Cryteks bad attempt at being unique.
>>337881485
Most trailers look better than the actual game.
>>
I didn't even know they made another one
I thought the first bombed too hard for a sequel
>>
>>337881878
I hear battleborn has a low amount of players compared to current borderlands games. The division is steady from what I hear as well.

Eh, no one really cares much about them.
>>
It did? I heard nothing about it. It's probably not very good.
>>
>All this people who cry about that North Korea could never beat murica and that the story is shit thanks that

Are you guys that autistic? it is a fucking video game.

I really love the setting but seems like the game isnt worth the release price
>>
>>337882179
It did. Bombed so bad that it caused a snowball effect with darksiders 2, where the dev team had to rush the game in hopes that it would save THQ.

Homefront was a mistake.
>>
File: Its time to stop posting.jpg (132 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
Its time to stop posting.jpg
132 KB, 900x675
>>337881396
The original Homefront actually made money for THQ. A shitty peripheral sunk THQ.
>>
>>337882539
Oh really, my mistake. Was it that doodlepad or someshit?
>>
>>337882478
kim wouldnt want to take over the us he wants to unite korea
>>
Game looks more generic than cod.
>>
>>337881964
I wish more games had that "spend points gotten from kills and objectives to buy killstreaks" mechanic
>>
>>337882719
The point is that most people who shit on the story are muricucks who are butthurt about a story that makes the usa to look weak.
>>
>>337882486
Homefront wasn't that much of a flop- it sold well enough that THQ used it's sales (About over 3 million, roughly) to soothe investors.

It was the stupid udraw tablet that broke the company and caused investors to panic.
>>
I miss THQ....
>>
>>337882824
I seriously doubt that, the whole game is about sucking american freedom's dick.
>>
>>337882939
Right the tablet, that's what I forgot about. Sorry. Either way, it's not like the game was very good. I was just surprised it got a sequel after all these years.
>>
>>337880521
IT AIN'T ME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV8Z3nmckNk
>>
Farcry in a city actually sounds kind of cool.
>>
>>337883580
There's footage of the game on YouTube now I reckon. Look it up and decide if you like it or not. Then wait a few weeks for the price to drop to 20$ since absolutely no one knew this game came out.

Hell everyone I looked at this game I thought it was set to come out in 2018.
>>
>>337883251
What the fuck
>>
>>337883753
I'm watching a stream in another window right now. Doesn't look terrible. I won't pick it up at full price but look forward to playing it some day.
>>
>>337883251
Beggining sounded like the intros for teens react, which is ass
>>
>loved the idea of the first one
>it was shit
>m-maybe the sequel will be better?
>it isn't

Oh well.
>>
But the game features more than 50,000 lines of dialogue!
>>
>>337883894
Good observation. For me its as bland as it gets.
>>
>>337880521
holy shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FcM-VBTViU
>>
I was always mildly interested in this game when I heard about it. The rebellion setting sounded cool and the game's by mostly ex-Timesplitters devs. Apparently the Siberian Dam even has an easter egg appearance.

Being marred by Homefront's stupid IP and unfeasibly retarded "north korea victory" setting absolutely fucking ruined it, though.

Changing the title from "Korea's tech overtakes the US" into "China's tech overtakes the US" and BAM suddenly it makes so much more sense and is way more shocking again.
>>
>>337882819
It's becoming more and more common.

Black Ops 2 (and 3?) had "Score Streaks" instead of killstreaks, which was much better because it meant people actually played the objective.

Uncharted 4 works similarly, any "cash" (XP) you earn in the game, from kills, objectives, revives, assists etc... All goes towards earning your selected Gear upgrades, sidekicks, Power Weapon or Mystical.
>>
>>337884350

He only mentions the low frame rate once or twice, he's obviously gobbling on Deep Silver's balls and is swimming in their money.
>>
>>337884350
The intro cinematic sounds as silly as can be and the gameplay is nothing special.

Not my cup of tea.
>>
How the fuck did this get a sequel but not Freedom Fighters?
>>
>>337884369
Is that the only reason why you would dislike this game? Not defending it, but surely you have a few other reasons other than its premise.
>>
>>337884904
Actually the premise is what sold me the game in the first place for me, it sounds so silly that was fun to watch it.
>>
>>337884350
this makes the first game look miles better. fuck I miss the original homefront
>>
>>337885002
It got me interested in the first, but I reserved judgement till it was out. Glad I did.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.