[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Wii U or PS4 (or PC games that can run on a toaster) have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: competitive splatoon.png (881 KB, 4000x4000) Image search: [Google]
competitive splatoon.png
881 KB, 4000x4000
What Wii U or PS4 (or PC games that can run on a toaster) have a lot of replayability? They also need to fulfill the criteria of 1. A game where you control a character (so no strategy games) and 2. bright and colorful (like pic related). It should also ideally not be sci-fi, and not involve competitive elements.

My friend plays Dark Souls 3 and Splatoon, but they play them almost obsessively (they delete their character and start over if they don't have a perfect run, for example). I want to find a game for them that they can play and get into, without getting overwhelmed with being absolutely monstrous at it. If you have any ideas, it'd really be appreciated.
>>
>>337874363
The Wii U fits your requirements better than PS4. Splatoon, Mario Party, Smash Bros, etc.
>>
Donkey Kong, perhaps no man's sky next month?
>>
>>337874363
I like Splatoon alot, I usually play lots but i have not played for a few weeks, lots going on in my life.

I can play MK8 endlessly.
>>
>>337874891
They already play splatoon obsessively, currently having a bit of a breakdown because they deranked from S+ in a hypomanic state. So, obviously that's not gonna cut it. They also hate Smash Bros, and Mario Party isn't online iirc so that doesn't really help.

>>337874926
They don't like mainline Nintendo, apparently, and they don't like space games...
>>
>>337874363
Monster Hunter
>>
>>337875671
They're already super burnt on Monster Hunter, but otherwise that'd be perfect
>>
File: into the trash.webm (882 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
into the trash.webm
882 KB, 1280x720
Disgaea 5.
>>
>>337876301
Doesn't like strategy games

Sorry that I keep shooting down suggestions, but they don't really like many video games other than the few they get obsessed with
>>
File: Travistouchdown.jpg (57 KB, 580x350) Image search: [Google]
Travistouchdown.jpg
57 KB, 580x350
NO MORE HEROES 2 DESPERATE STRUGGLE
The World Ends With You
Okami
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Katamari Damacy

Splatoon and Dark Souls 3 AT THE SAME TIME.
>>
File: Moxivustion.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Moxivustion.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>337876874
I know, but aside from the strategy part, Disgaea meets literally all of the other checkpoints.
>fun
>colorful
>addictive
I don't think there's a single game you can sink as many hours in as a Disgaea title. There's also a good color editor and character creation system so you can self insert or whatever the fuck
>>
>>337874363
>PC games that can run on a toaster) have a lot of replayability? They also need to fulfill the criteria of 1. A game where you control a character (so no strategy games) and 2. bright and colorful (like pic related). It should also ideally not be sci-fi, and not involve competitive elements.
One Way Heroics+. And do make note of how the "+" part of OWH+ is essential. Especially for the replayability aspect, but it just does wonders to the game overall and should be acquired either way. OWH+ is essentially what makes OWH into a real game. But oh what a game it is, I love it.

It's a very focused and streamlined roguelike RPG though. It's absolutely wonderful to just jump in and play a run after run and run though. I love it.
>>
>>337874363
>they delete their character and start over if they don't have a perfect run, for example
I don't think they can enjoy any vidya whatsoever if he is THAT autistic about even such easygoing, casual games like Splatoon and Souls
>>
>>337874363
Perhaps Pikmin 3? You control 3 characters and It's bright and colorful. I've replayed the main story twice, and will probably replay it again this summer. The challenge stages are fun, but they are somewhat competitive, at least if you want to brag about your score on a level.
>>
>>337874363
The Flame in The Flood is really good and has a lot of replayability and isn't about being competitive and you control a character.
>>
>>337874363
Titan Souls - then when you get good at it you can pit your dark souls friend against it
>>
File: ras.jpg (967 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
ras.jpg
967 KB, 2048x1536
>>337877178
I love Raspberyl
>>
>>337874363
EDF 4.1 is highly addictive even more with a friend
>>
File: timetoplayvidya.gif (1 MB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
timetoplayvidya.gif
1 MB, 245x184
What about my MK8 suggestion.

Seriously, I have gotten a lot of play time out of it. Never gets old and I often buy games, play them once, then lose interest

>>337878618
EDF is fun.
>>
File: 1461803364801.jpg (580 KB, 672x950) Image search: [Google]
1461803364801.jpg
580 KB, 672x950
>>337874363
>PC games on a toaster that have a lot of replayability

Cave Story
Bleed
Machinarium
Nuclear Throne
Arx Fatalis
Deus Ex
System shock 1+2
Return to castle wolfenstein
Shovel Knight
Emulate the first 3 spyro games, silent hill, medievil and vagrant story
Penumbra: black plague
Super Meat boy
VVVVVV

You should just hack your WiiU for games.
Or even better, get a 3ds and hack that since the WiiU library is garbage.

I don't get what you faggots see in Splatoon.
The matchmaking is weird, the single player is nothing but handholding almost as if it was designed for children the characters are fucking annoying and on top of that the songs are gibberish.
>>
File: 015.jpg (423 KB, 859x859) Image search: [Google]
015.jpg
423 KB, 859x859
Do you think squads like the taste of subways?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.