[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TWITCH: SCAM OF THE CENTURY?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10
File: The Devil Incarnate.jpg (25 KB, 800x366) Image search: [Google]
The Devil Incarnate.jpg
25 KB, 800x366
I am absolutely baffled by the fact that people literally "donate" hundreds of $$$ to youngsters sitting at home playing video games. By putting on a fake personality and feigning intimacy streamers manage to rein in countless followers over to their channel. Overtime the regular viewers start to develop a pseudo-relationship with the person and consider him/her to be their friend. Eventually this begins a cycle of steady cash flow in which the most loyal followers attempt to prove their devotion by sending in the most money, so that their name might get listed in the top rankings. No streamer in existence owns up to the fact that he/she doesn't give a single fuck about anyone watching. Instead when someone joins in they make it a sort of ritual in which a new member is being inducted into their community.

It's the general facade overlaying everything that gives this phenomenon an inherently devious aspect. Furthermore... twitchers... grill gamers especially, include an amazon "wishlist" in which they mention things that they'd like for their followers to buy for them in order to support and "improve the channel". The items mentioned range from new games and plush toys to jewelry and clothing. Keep in mind that this "entertainment" is free for everyone. Yet numerous individuals cannot stop themselves from forking over their actual hard earned cash to these entitled unemployed scum of society.

>Why have we become so desperate for human attention?

>How can we put a stop to this technological depravity?

>You don't contribute to this nefarious system do you /v/?
>>
you type like an autistic newshit
>>
>I am
Stopped reading right there
>>
>>337870890
People are generally retards and spend their money on retarded shit. If not on screaming e-celebs they'd find a way to fritter their money away on something else equally frivolous and dumb.
>>
>>337871130
Good for you.
>>
File: stream.jpg (335 KB, 586x807) Image search: [Google]
stream.jpg
335 KB, 586x807
its not a scam, it's capitalism
>>
>>337871335
OP is a bernout.
>>
I'm sorry your stream isn't doing very well, OP
>>
>>337871027
>Twitch subscriber detected
>>
People really have nothing better to do than repost the same fucking threads everyday do they?
>>
>>337871937
What's her name? How much have you donated?
>>
I wish people would give me money to play video games.
>>
>>337870890

Do we really need this thread again?
>>
File: Make this stop.jpg (7 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
Make this stop.jpg
7 KB, 228x221
>Tfw /v/ is infested with underage twitch donors that grew up watching Let's Plays
>>
Hey didn't we have this thread yesterday?
>>
>>337872950
We did.
Anyway, OP is just mad at human nature. People are lonely and twitch streamers are "accessible psuedocelebrities".
>>
ATTENTION! ATTENTION !
--------------------------------
SILENCE IN THE SET

We already had a thread about this
>>
>>337870890
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/337691068/#337691068

Here you go, just read through yesterdays responses.
>>
Twitch Whores are literally Internet Strippers, but with more emphasis on you getting attention from some cunt and videogames.
>>
File: 1462226028021.jpg (10 KB, 439x550) Image search: [Google]
1462226028021.jpg
10 KB, 439x550
>>337872858

Why didn't we do anything to stop them?
>>
It's sad because it takes advantage of young children and mentally disbaled people who don't know any better.
>>
>>337872858
>All of those Jontron fags are pushing this cancer

Ugh
>>
Man, it is sad, but what do you do? These people want attention/time/a friend/to feel special and they give it to them. It's dumb as hell but you have to realize a lot of people in this world are actually not that bright. By not that bright, I mean severely under-educated or they weren't born with the ability to critically think like others. Sometimes it is just young kids looking for a friend/first boyfriend/girlfriend. It's not really their fault. Sometimes it's also people thinking if I spend enough, they'll actually be with me and that this one is different (it really isn't). They're gullible and lonely. It just all these people have access to money and they spend it on this instead of other random crap. They still have a right to do so but it doesn't mean you can't judge them for doing so. All in all, you probably won't stop them by complaining on /v/.
>>
I started livestreaming recently as it's now possible with decent quality.
The only game I've streamed so far is Subnautica.
>>
Twitch is literally the worst thing to happen to video games since steam.
>>
>>337870890
haha jelly fuck with no channell
I guess you're too fat and ugly to show your face loool
>>
Nice one OP for making an updated version of the last thread. Kudos to you for bringing a real issue to light. Let's get down to the brass tacks and see what we can do about this mess lads. If there's anyone that deserves to make money off vidya it should be us.
>>
>>337870890
It is definitely stupid but then again so is any pay to win game.

>They pay to get on the top rankings!
>>
>EA makes money with DRM, rehashes, and microtransactions
>BUT THOSE DARN TWITCH WIMMINZ RECEIVING MONEY FROM WILLING DONORS ARE EEEEEEEEVIIIILLLLL

Gayest thread on \V\.
>>
>>337873260
Don't be a smart-ass by posting the archive of my last thread. It diminishes the value of our current discussion, you filthy fucking condescending prick.
>>
>>337874858
Too dignified more like it.
>>
>>337870890
Idiots can spend their money on anything they want

It's just business
>>
>>337875084
>\V\
Leave and never come back.
>>
>>337875446
Fine, /V\. Are you happy now?
>>
>>337870890
let the retards be fleced

they didn't play video games anyways, and it gives camwhores valuable video game playing experience

camwhores where gonna camwhore anyways
>>
>>337870890
its not a scam, people are just stupid
people know exactly what theyre getting, content to watch and captive interaction
you sound like your favorite streamer ran off with all your money
>>
>>337870890
In case people don't know, this is a copypasted post
>>
>>337877089
>>
>>337871130
heres your (You)
>>
If people find entertainment from the people they watch and want to give them money who cares?
>>
>>337870890

isnt it just money laundering like patreon?
>>
I could have made the OP a lot simpler, and the thread a lot shorter:

>When will people cease to have more money than sense?
Never.

/thread
>>
>>337870890
everything you just said can be applied to any group.
>>
No I don't do that OP

There are worse scams in life... if you knew how the rabbit hole goes... heh i wouldn't worry about it goyim.
>>
>>337871335
It's capitalism but that doesn't mean its not a scam.

the twitch kikes are getting rich off of retards.
>>
File: elmacheering.gif (3 MB, 309x359) Image search: [Google]
elmacheering.gif
3 MB, 309x359
>post yfw never donated any money to any streamer, crowdfundings or general hacks
>>
>>337871335
We have laws to protect old being from being financially exploited
why not young people too?
>>
>>337870890

>Why have we become so desperate for human attention?

When have people not been desperate for attention?

>How can we put a stop to this technological depravity?

Easy, just criminalize donations of all kind.

>You don't contribute to this nefarious system do you /v/?

I'll go do it right now.
>>
>>337870890

>voluntarily donated money
>scam

It's not a scam, people are just retarded. The best we can do is keep them off of 4chan and /v/
>>
>>337870890
I kinda agree

What's even more bullshit is how some twitch fags require a subscription fee just to even subscribe to them.

That's not including the ones who require a certain amount of donation money in order to use the chat.
>>
I threw Mang0 $5 a month for the past few months. I was hoping to play friendlies with him at a tourney but ended up not seeing him. Thinking of switching over the $5 to my man Mew2King or maybe even throw for that Starfox animated series Patreon.

I don't think it's a big deal. I can afford $5 to support players in a hobby that I enjoy. But the people that donate $100's to streamers that don't compete or are obvious chicks just extorting their tits then it is sort of baffling.
>>
>>337881983
>to support players

People don't need money to play videogames
>>
>>337870890
It's not a scam. Every time you donate you get exactly what was advertised, nothing.
>>
>>337881712
Do you consider cold-calling the elderly to be morally justified?
Some old biddy with early onset alzheimers and 200k in the bank.

Do you also think it's fair for busty women to take advantage of hormonal teenage boys?
Let's not pretend they're doing it for anything but the money and/or attention.
>>
>>337882162
Nah I mean high-level competitive players that take donations to attend tournaments.
>>
>>337882162
You're right, they can just pirate all their vidya, consoles, TVs, electricity, plane tickets, entry fees, etc.
>>
>>337882290

>do you think it's fair for retarded males to donate money to camwhores?

I hate both kinds of people. The "fair" outcome is if all of those people were bankrupt.
>>
File: you_mustn't_be_old)here.jpg (61 KB, 300x369) Image search: [Google]
you_mustn't_be_old)here.jpg
61 KB, 300x369
>>337870890
>I am absolutely baffled by the fact that people literally "donate" hundreds of $$$ to youngsters sitting at home playing video games
you've obviously just fallen off the turnip truck, bub... for koreans pay to watch women eat, fuckwits subscribe to YT clips of people making noises and humming and billion$ are scammed through virus junk e-mails every year

>99% of the species are abject trash, marked for extermination
>>
File: thefutureofvideogames.png (1 MB, 1135x1135) Image search: [Google]
thefutureofvideogames.png
1 MB, 1135x1135
>>
>>337882290
Remind me how many Twitch users have a mentally crippling disease.

>inb4 "LOOOOL ALL LE TWITCH USERS HAVE A MENTALLY CRIPPLING DISEASE . GOTEEM!"
>>
>>337876606
>valuable video game playing experience
Are you sure about that?
>>
>>337881712
>The best we can do is keep them off of 4chan and /v/
Except the /v/ culture is still promoting SGDQ/AGDQ/Evo/whatnot
>>
>>337877287
>>
Sounds like you're jelly.
Who the fuck cares?
There are women who make tons of money fucking. Society has always accepted whores. Jesus was friends with one.
>>
If you're mad at a streamer making lots of money, report them to the IRS. Chances are they're not paying taxes on the donations and don't even have a business license.
>>
File: 1463386992191.png (280 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1463386992191.png
280 KB, 800x800
>>337870890
People are stupid. More news at 11
>>
>>337881286
>>
How is this different from customer service? Everyone fucking hates everyone and puts on a facade, so what?
>>
>>337874294
It's not the kids sending money who are the problem: it's the people taking advantage of them because they're too lazy and stupid to get a real job.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.