[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People seriously believe this is in the top half of final fantasies.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: FFIVnds_logo.jpg (258 KB, 2000x1901) Image search: [Google]
FFIVnds_logo.jpg
258 KB, 2000x1901
People seriously believe this is in the top half of final fantasies.

>Shit redemption story RIGHT off the fucking bat
>Terrible dialogue
>Deaths of character just to have characters die and try to make you feel something but none of them have any personality
>Stupid horrid gameplay that has aged terribly and requires insane amounts of grind

But but it was the first I played, its the best! You haven't played 5 or 6, both on the same system and infinitely better than this turd of a game? I don't care what hallmarks it achieved in it's day when it plays horribly now.
>>
The worst thing about IV is that all other games in the series have some sort of creative leveling system, but in IV you just level up and learn predetermined skill. No room for customization or creativity.
>>
>>337866113
It was great for its time.
Now? its dated and cliche.
>>
>>337866756
Yes but 5 and 6 are still good, 5 is the most cliche ridden thing ive ever played in my life but the gameplay is still solid at least. I was more affect by the death in 5 than any of them in 4
>>
>>337866480
It's dreadful
>>
>>337866113
>>Stupid horrid gameplay that has aged terribly and requires insane amounts of grind
>Grinding
>In FFIV

maybe you're just bad at video games, OP
>>
>>337868253
i played the ps1 version, insane amounts of grind
>>
>>337868432
It only felt that way cause it took 10 minutes to load the fight.

On a side note I feel badly for those who first experience with FF V was Anthology and were turned off by it.
>>
I'll give you Palom and Porom but Tellah was old, of course a spell like Meteor would kill him. It's not like anyone else really dies in FFIV anyways so their deaths feel cheap when they appear later.

What really sucked was only having Edward for two boss fights in the DS version, and the fact that the game didn't offer party customization outside of augments is something I didn't like despite loving the game. Oh, and Cid being useless.
>>
Yeah, it's pretty bad. At least with the DS version it's one of the more challenging FFs, but that can't save the awful writing.
>>
>>337866113
>Deaths of character just to have characters die and try to make you feel something but none of them have any personality
Just Tellah, he had personality.
>>
>2016
>playing games for the story
>deeming any ff "challenging"
>muh cliche
It was the final fantasy back then, so calling it cliche is like saying water is wet.
>>
>>337866113
Fuck you, I liked it
>>
>>337867092
6 requires nostalgia goggles
>>
File: 1315609079946.jpg (17 KB, 367x388) Image search: [Google]
1315609079946.jpg
17 KB, 367x388
>>337870085

>2016
>Not grinding your games to a fine grain and directly snorting in the game

What a pleb
>>
>>337869431
Did the snes have more customization? Or are you comparing it to more recent RPGs?
>>
>>337870743
>2016
>grinding
kill yourself casual
>>
>>337871126

I bet you are one of those total noobs that liquefy your games and drink it.

CASUAL DETECTED
>>
>>337870712
Played it when i was an adult and loved every second.
>>
File: L O L.gif (3 MB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
L O L.gif
3 MB, 264x240
>He need to grind in FF4 to win
>>
>>337866113
It's definitely the weakest of the SNES FF trinity and the one carried the most by nostalgia goggles.
>>
Didn't it invent a bunch of story staples for the genre?
>>
>>337866113
agree OP, while I had some fun playing about halfway through. I really hated how there was no customization really. it's like out of all the FF's probably the worst leveling system. it's basically just grind and get higher level, no specing at all.

why play FFIV when you could just play pokemon? way better RPG gameplay mechanics
>>
>>337866480
Can't even customize the party.
>>
>>337866480
>not playing any of the rereleases to either have custom parties or the Augment system
>>
>>337866480
This was my first ever FF and RPG, if it wasn't for the simplicity i wouldn't have played any other GF games
>>
>>337873742
>I really hated how there was no customization really. it's like out of all the FF's probably the worst leveling system. it's basically just grind and get higher level, no specing at all.
And yet FFX & XIII exists.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.