[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I want to play the classic Tomb Raider games, never having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: lara.jpg (14 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
lara.jpg
14 KB, 320x480
If I want to play the classic Tomb Raider games, never having played them, from where should I start?

Also no 2013 or Rise please, the former was pretty damn forgettable.
>>
>durr I'm a fucking retard that doesn't know to start things at the beginning
>>
>>337857618
Probably Tomb Raider.
>>
I wanna suck on Lara's nipples
>>
>>337857718
I don't want to play every single fucking game, they had like 10 games even before TR 2013
>>
2 Options:

If you are fine with games that look like shit, are unnecessary hard have very clunky controls then Tomb Raider for PS1. Download the Rom of the first game and play them in release order on emulator.

If you want something from this decade play the old new trilogy. Start with Tomb Raider Legends, then play Anniversary and then Underworld.
>>
>>337857618

Honestly, just skip them and start on TR Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld. IF you like those, try the older games.
>>
Tomb Raider 1. The PC version has an expansion and lets you save anywhere if you care about that. If you want more, move on to 2, then 3, and so on until you get sick of it, since they're all basically the same game but get slightly worse with each release. They have a bit of a learning curve since they play knida like the old Prince of Persia games but in 3D, so stick with it if its rough at the beginning.

Once you get sick of Core TR you can move on to the Crystal Dynamics trilogy, which is Legends, Anniversary, and Underworld. Underworld is pretty mediocre but the other two are good.
>>
File: the game.jpg (109 KB, 800x401) Image search: [Google]
the game.jpg
109 KB, 800x401
>>337857618
you won't be able to get past the Tank Controls of early ps1-era 3d games

but in case you want to press onwards
>skip the first game (saturn/ps1)
>2nd is the best of the first 3, but has a big flaw -- you can save anywhere you want. makes it EZ.

>3 has the best save system (consumable crystals which you can use anywhere) but the environments aren't as fun as 2.
>>
>>337858684
Man fuck area 51 in 3
>you need to collect items from every place in the game to get to the end
>game let's you choose which areas to go to in whatever order you choose
>one area completely clears your inventory and you can't get those items back, including the items critical for advancement

Major fucking oversight
>>
Are there any fixes/patches for the pc version of the games?
I remember you couldn't bind certain keys like W because it took screenshots, and the resolution and aspect ratio were fucked up
>>
>>337859825

http://tombraiders.net/stella/downloads/widescreen.html

This should fix the aspect ratio at least
>>
>>337860496
Thanks man
Welp, guess I'll keep playing with the numpad then
>>
>>337861636

I just used joy2key to bind all the default keybinds to a controller. Maybe try that?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.