[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to spoil all surprises in a game through trailers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: metalgearsolidV.jpg (158 KB, 850x476) Image search: [Google]
metalgearsolidV.jpg
158 KB, 850x476
How to spoil all surprises in a game through trailers
>>
What surprises?

Seriously, name one.
>>
File: snake.png (649 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
snake.png
649 KB, 600x600
>>337857354
Sahelanthropus.
Walker Gear
Parasites
Skulls
Kaz
Entire Hospital Scene
Skullface Confrontation
Quiet
Third Child and Eli
Code Talker
>>
>>337857354
Oh, don't forget Snake shooting his own men.
>>
>>337857783
>surprises
>>
>>337858151
Surprises and plot.

All ruined. I still like the game but still would've been nice to encounter these things, yknow, in the game.
>>
>>337857783
>>337858062
Inconsequential shit that didn't change anything etc
>>
File: 1463307895394.png (45 KB, 222x372) Image search: [Google]
1463307895394.png
45 KB, 222x372
>>337858410
Are you retarded or just pretending?
>>
>>337858648
Are you?

Name one thing from your shitty list that even remotely altered the story of the series, and wasn't just a self contained throwaway thing for the sake of filling the game. The only one that really did was the medic twist, which you didn't mention, and even that really didn't make much of a difference.

Also your thread is shit. Sage.
>>
File: 1460481458665.gif (829 KB, 485x282) Image search: [Google]
1460481458665.gif
829 KB, 485x282
>Trailer shows more shocks and surprises
>In the actual game, the context is nothing spectacular
>>
File: luffypick.gif (144 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
luffypick.gif
144 KB, 245x245
>>337859081
You sound mad bro.

>it doesnt add anything to the story meme

It's still a game with its own story. Are you telling me the hospital scene wouldn't have been cooler if we didn't have it spoilt in 2012/3?

Nice bait senpai. You at least got a reply.
>>
>>337859290
>You sound mad bro.

Nice projecting. Maybe if you put more thought into a thread topic you wouldn't get called a retard and have your fee fees hurt.

>Are you telling me the hospital scene wouldn't have been cooler if we didn't have it spoilt in 2012/3?

Literally irrelevant. Presentation and context is everything.

Also cool avatar, faggot.
>>
File: bait.png (56 KB, 469x469) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
56 KB, 469x469
>>337859653
Do you not like my may mays senpai?
>>
>>337858410
>>337859653

I don't get what you're saying here. They spoiled almost every single plot point in the trailers, which in turn made playing the game a bunch of "I've seen this before" when it should've been fresh and interesting, and a good reason to keep playing. Instead by the second chapter you know that nothing is coming that you don't already know or guessed within the first 5 minutes of the game, which is why a lot of people just quit playing.
>>
>>337860339
I'm saying it doesn't matter since the """"surprises""""" were dogshit anyway. I was far more angry about the fact that they were useless than the fact that I had seen little clips of them before.
>>
>>337860706
But it does matter because that's the biggest complaint people make about the game. Everything is known or guessed by the time you leave the hospital, and once you've played 40 hours and gotten to the second half of the game and realized there really is nothing new coming, and that Chapter 2 is nothing but filler missions, you lose any will to keep going.
>>
>>337860339
This is a big problem with trailers for anything these days. The artistry behind trailers is completely gone and everyone shoots their fucking load now in an attempt to get you hyped for the product, which ultimately leads to said product containing no surprises and being weaker for it.
>>
When all hope bleeds out....
>>
>MGS5 trailers tells you just enough about the game to speculate and come up with hypothesis on what the characters are
>it raises discussions on song lyrics on how it reflects on the game characters
>it creates excitement for the fanbase

The trailers did not spoil any critical story elements like the shittyass medic twist, information involving parasites, the deal with Volgin and Psycho Mantis, the deal with Paz
It was all generated to create "hype" and it successfully did
OP you are clearly retarded if you think the trailers spoiled anything.
I remember the whole Decoy Octopus theories and many more that did not turn out to be true
You don't know what spoilers are, watch the trailer to Dog Day Afternoon of you really want to get spoiled
>>
>>337865203
>The trailers did not spoil any critical story elements like the shittyass medic twist
Are you being sarcastic?
>>
>>337866316
the doctor/coma scene was already at the end of Ground Zeroes
and the spoilers of the medic twist were leaked
the trailers didn't spoil shit because people never came to that conclusion
>>
>>337857783
Welcome to
>fuck off
>>
>>337866787
>the doctor/coma scene was already at the end of Ground Zeroes
No.
>>
>>337866316
>>337867572
either way
>BB was in a helicopter accident
>trailer reveals he's in a coma
>start of 5 begins with you in a coma

It's not really a spoiler or critical when it's a given at the very beginning of the game
it was all to raise fan speculation
The trailers well well directed and were intended to reveal just barely the surface details while leaving the mystique of mystery still there
>>
>>337857267
The trailers were masterfully done actually, if there had been more substance behind the game to back them up this would've been the literal GOAT.

The entirety of Chapter 2 and 3 if they were finished would not have been in the trailer, allowing for a lot of neat "oh shit" things and surprises to happen.

Instead we got an unfinished mess with a hamfisted "you're the legacy" message.

Regardless of it all the game was still Solid but as an MGS game it was lacking in a tight story. I blame the open world for this primarily.
>>
>>337870167
Just because the game isn't story focused doesn't mean it's unfinished...I don't get this meme
>>
>>337870167
The trailers were masterful in misinforming us.

There's no telling what could have been in chapter 3, but all the plot related content of 2 is in the game. The only things cut were more filler missions like Extraordinary and To Know too Much. In their place are filler replay missions.
>>
>>337870408
The game is blatantly unfinished. Dropped plot points completely and on the special edition there are literally files showing you what one of the cut missions was supposed to be.

I loved it and have 120+ hours in myself but I would still not say that the game was finished. It's about 2/3 complete.

>>337870790
They weren't really misinformation so much as lacking context. And yes chapter 2 has most of the content, but obvious things like Mission 51 were removed due to time constraints.

I feel as though if we had gotten the rest of what was supposed to be in the game the trailers would have only scratched the surface, but instead you can clearly tell where they ran out of time.
>>
>>337871606
Mission 51 was dropped early in development though. They dropped it because it didn't fit into the rest of the game well
>>
I hated how the beginning of each mission told you what characters would appear.
>>
>>337871889
I think that's bullshit and they just did not have enough time. Konami was pushing and pushing to release and the date got pushed back a few times and eventually I think they just gave an ultimatum release date that it had to go out by.

And even if it was dropped early it actually still looked almost playable, the only things even needed were mocap for the voice lines added to the characters and proper animations. I was fucking waiting the entire game for them to use the "color mixups from the head injury" thing and it never happened and then I found it was supposed to in the cut mission 51.
>>
>>337872080
Believe whatever you want, but it makes sense given how the rest of the game was structured
>>
How bad is the online now
I played and finished eveeything the week after it came out and have since heard bits and pieces about the online fucking stuff up

Anyone know what its like now
>>
>>337872212
It really doesn't make sense. They straight up ran out of time and could not implement it, there is no other reason than that for them to make the plot point and then just drop it.
>>
>>337873102
Shit gets dropped from conception all the time bro.

Eli stealing Sally is just a throwback to MGS2
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.