[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ahh yeah, Dark Souls II baby. I've been working my way through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: DarkSouls2.jpg (148 KB, 694x362) Image search: [Google]
DarkSouls2.jpg
148 KB, 694x362
Ahh yeah, Dark Souls II baby. I've been working my way through the PS3 versions of the Souls games. I've put DeS and DaS1 behind me (beat them).

Dark Souls II has me a bit wary, I guess that it doesn't have the best reputation. I also lack the instruction manual for it whereas I had it for the first games (Yeah I still use those).

So let us reflect on Dark Souls II, what am I in for? Why is it the bastard child of the series? How is it different from DeS and DaS1?

Let the game begin.
>>
you type like a fag
>>
How about you play it for yourself and form your own fucking opinions.
>>
>>337839368
your post made me cringe a bit..

however

dark souls 2 is great, truly. anyone on this board that tells you its "shit" is just a fucking 16 year old trying to fit in. If you liked demons souls and dark souls 1 you will love this game. dont fall for the memes and just play it yourself
>>
>>337839705
Pretty much this.
One of the worst things you can do is take 4chan seriously. Just find out for yourself if you like it or not.
>>
>>337839558
Thanks Homie.

>>337839705
>>337839835
>>337839878
I'm not that serious about it. I just wanted to get a discussion going. I'm always interested in the less well recieved games in series.
>>
>>337839368
>Much easier than previous games, you can probably kill all the bosses on your first two tries.
>Linear AF compared to Dark Souls 1, as in... you go in one direction and there is a clear path to follow.
>>
>>337839368
I think the biggest issue that most players had with the game is layout wise it makes little to no sense, at least in Dark Souls 1 all the zones made geographical sense where the locations of things in Dark Souls 2 can not fit together and make sense.

And the story writing was pretty shit tier compared the lore in the other two games.
>>
>>337839368
Honestly, it's fun. It has not much to do with the first one if you're a lorefag but that just means more new stuff to discover. Either way, it's pretty damn fun. Brings back the decreasing health mechanic from Des, has some really fun weapons, armor is interesting, areas are pretty diverse but on the negative side sometimes a bit bland in terms of design detail which is fine.

Personally my favorite thing about the game was the boss battles as it is for me with most souls games. While them kinda magnet tracking you can be a real pain in the ass, it doesn't make it unbeatable. I mean I do remember one boss where it was just impossible to roll away from his blows so I'd say more often than not you're better off just finding a good shield.
>>
Dark Souls II is a great game. It's criticized for being different, but that's what makes it great. All Souls games are different from one another (if you don't count Bloodborne because III and BB have the exact same structure) and that's good overall. I think II gives me a different feeling from DaS and DaSIII. It's more welcoming, it's not super dark and lonely. In the first game you felt in a decaying world, in the second I felt in a stablished one.
>>
Between Warrior and Knight as far as what I want to be... help me out bros?
>>
>>337840215
Why is linearity a bad thing? Why does it matter to you so much that you must be able to throw yourself at the hardest portion of a game in the first few minutes? Do you speed run?
>>
>>337840484
That is the worst part of c the game for me currently. I got really frustrated trying to fight the red phantom out side of the undead chariot because it seems like no matter when I rolled away from his attacks he would just magically find me mid swing and whip around in a complete 180 and 1/3 of my health was gone.
>>
>>337842573
I've been having lots of fun with a tower shield and pursuer's greatsword. High str build all day everyday.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.